25 years of fixing air conditioners...

Resurrection of all-time best threads

Moderator: Moderator

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Wed May 03, 2006 9:18 pm

Not for long, now. :cry:
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

crossfire
Stew Ingredient

Post by crossfire » Thu May 04, 2006 10:22 am

This whole log business is starting to sound like Tolkien -

One Log to Rue Them All
One Log to Condemn Them
One Log to Enrage Them All
And in the Stew Boil Them

In the land of PS where the trolls lie...
Yea, tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of the Toilet, I shall fear no Troll for it shall soon be gone!

Praise Avatars!

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Thu May 04, 2006 6:33 pm

be more dorky

Rinoa
dr. manos' pet

Post by Rinoa » Thu May 04, 2006 8:39 pm

On a serious note: If there were logs, they would have been posted on that night, since pretty much everyone involved in the fight had access to the admin control panel at some point, and the log would have proven one specific version of the story.

However, the absence of logging in the administrator area is one of the downfalls of the original phpBB software package (check their official site and their area 51 forum for more)...
The official dr. manos
Accused of being: Greek, Catholic, bigot, racist, fascist, misogynist, a warmonger, a tree hugging hippy, a complete cunt, being related to Peter Andre and most recently: being the German administrator of GWD.

SubZeroCat
Cold Cat Korma

Post by SubZeroCat » Thu May 04, 2006 10:19 pm

with manos here, logs were hard to come by in the early days, we can only specuale on who fucked up
Ian_in_DC and his Ego: "Holy crap, I am flabbergasted: Termite splled the word "incomprehensible" accurately. LOL to that uninntentional bit of irony.

kirrabi
Stew Ingredient

Post by kirrabi » Thu May 04, 2006 11:41 pm

(Perhaps with a little push I can get this topic to page nine. Let's see.)

Didn't the Jews carry the log into battle to defeat their enemies?

edit: nope. still on page eight.
His gizzard was stuffed so full of rubies he sounded like a bag of marbles when he waddled past the Mogok checkpoint and anyone who saw him would swear he had been force fed for the purpose of making a fine foie gras. – a passage from Our Duck in Rangoon

thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient

Post by thoughtpolice » Fri May 05, 2006 4:25 am

we can only specuale on who fucked up

Who fucked up what?

thoughtpolice
Stew Ingredient

Post by thoughtpolice » Fri May 05, 2006 4:26 am

section8 wrote:Not for long, now. :cry:

Don't worry sweetie, you have one of the new implants. Your passing will be sudden and and painless.

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Fri May 05, 2006 4:37 am

Why are you mod again? What about me? I want back in the fold.
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

Wilster
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wilster » Fri May 05, 2006 3:35 pm

So just to clarify for new readers and visitors to this fine site; this is probably the most successful (i.e. number of responses, pages, and views) attack thread on record. Eh?

btraven
Stew Ingredient

Post by btraven » Fri May 05, 2006 3:36 pm

Put this limping old dog out of its misery.

With Mano's waffling patheticly at this late date with his if-there-WERE-logs prevaricating and no one willing to affirm whether there were indeed logs for some useful purpose or just pretend-logs made up whole cloth to fuck with nutters, this parrot is dead, dead, dead.

It could have been great either way:

-Secret Logs brought to light like some old bit of acrophilla found in an old clay jar, or,

-A middling log-prank of petulantly denying that what does not exist to frantic log-beggers.

I've done my not inconsiderable best; Cowtown hasn't been remotely funny in at least 5,000 words, and rest of you could barely fog a mirror interest-wise.

So Fuck it.

Who cares?

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Fri May 05, 2006 4:22 pm

btraven wrote:With Mano's waffling patheticly at this late date with his if-there-WERE-logs prevaricating and no one willing to affirm whether there were indeed logs for some useful purpose or just pretend-logs made up whole cloth to fuck with nutters, this parrot is dead, dead, dead.

Good stuff BT. My boss just caught a look at me laughing and must have wondered why I don't look like I want to murder someone here for a minute.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri May 05, 2006 8:51 pm

mutha is fixing
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

Bluedoglover
Stew Ingredient

Post by Bluedoglover » Fri May 05, 2006 9:12 pm

Breathe, Cow, breathe!
You are what you is-Frank Zappa

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping him up-Jesse Jackson

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Sat May 06, 2006 12:14 am

mutha is fixing
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

jono in adelaide
Stew Ingredient

Post by jono in adelaide » Sat May 06, 2006 12:27 am

I want this branch gone by Monday

I want a million dollars, a new job, a better body and a house in the hills
The war will be won by brains and on foot

Diplomacy is the ability to tell somebody to go to hell in such a way that they actualy look forward to the trip

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater
Trustigious

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater » Sat May 06, 2006 12:28 am

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Sat May 06, 2006 12:31 am

I think this thread is more fit for famous dishes and not the toilet. Move it out of the toilet

I agree, this thread is far too interesting to be resigned here. Famous dishes or the lounge, I think...

Daejn
Stew Ingredient

Post by Daejn » Sat May 06, 2006 7:33 am

think this thread is more fit for famous dishes

I agree. Done!

crossfire
Stew Ingredient

Post by crossfire » Sat May 06, 2006 12:35 pm

Agreed - it should be a famous dish. It's so damn entertaining though very confusing too.

Can someone tell me again how the Free Masons figure into all of this?
Yea, tho I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of the Toilet, I shall fear no Troll for it shall soon be gone!

Praise Avatars!

crossfire
Stew Ingredient

Post by crossfire » Sat May 06, 2006 12:38 pm

speak of the devil! It is now!

Are ya happy now, cowtown?

Praise Avatars!

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Sat May 06, 2006 6:55 pm

There is a masonic symbol hidden in the logo of political stew. Can you find it?

halo
Stew Ingredient

Post by halo » Sun May 07, 2006 8:59 am

400!

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Thu May 11, 2006 12:44 am

put this bad boy in famous dishes and it just dies...

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Thu May 11, 2006 2:39 am

Where's the log?
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

Rinoa
dr. manos' pet

Post by Rinoa » Thu May 11, 2006 1:58 pm

The official dr. manos
Accused of being: Greek, Catholic, bigot, racist, fascist, misogynist, a warmonger, a tree hugging hippy, a complete cunt, being related to Peter Andre and most recently: being the German administrator of GWD.

equus
Modern Leftits

Post by equus » Tue May 16, 2006 4:40 am

You have to respect the chain of command and the rules set forth

and yet...

I want this branch gone by Monday

we decide what we want and what will sink, not a few mods that want to reimage the board and claim it's for the community

Does this mean the chain of command is now a democracy? Cool. Where do I vote?
If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists.

goo.gl/5i3gvB

rider5
Stew Ingredient

Post by rider5 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:31 am

doodle wrote:
How long can I be expected to flog the log without reinforcements?

I thought that's why you got married?

After skimming through the whole 9 yards, that's absolutely the funniest thing I've read here.

I left right after the coup so it's good to see the denouement laid out by all parties involved. Not much different than what I figured when it was going down.

It all worked out didn't it. Or at least I'm happy to come back to a functioning & entertaining board.

Since this ain't the toilet, I'll give cowtown a simple 'yikes'.

doodle
Stew Ingredient

Post by doodle » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:42 am

why thank ya, ah... thank ya vera much...

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:59 pm

Awesome reliving these memories!

purplegemini
Irish Stew

Post by purplegemini » Tue May 01, 2007 9:36 pm

Move over beyatch....
Blah blah blah

Gales
Stew Ingredient

Post by Gales » Tue May 22, 2007 1:07 am

WTF?
the cake is a lie

purplegemini
Irish Stew

Post by purplegemini » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:26 pm

I love to dip into this thread on different pages and see where the night leads...
Blah blah blah

macunaima
Stew Ingredient

Post by macunaima » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:05 am

Me too.
"Revolution is war. Of all the wars known in history
it is the only lawful, rightful, just, and truly great war...
In the Stew this war has been declared and begun"

STOP E-REICH!

Doc
Stew Ingredient

Post by Doc » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:29 pm

I got to the end of page three and my head was spinning and I had to take a break - wow, this is fucking insane! Only exactly THIS group of posters could ever have produced something like this, and only they could understand it.
As Aldous Huxley pointed out, "The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human."

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:20 pm

Doc wrote:Only exactly THIS group of posters could ever have produced something like this, and only they could understand it.

Very true.

Daejn
Stew Ingredient

Post by Daejn » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:47 pm

If the Stew has produced nothing of worth to future historians of the species homo sapien- and it hasn't - then let this thread be the sole surviving relic of our browbeaten corner of the Internet. It should inspire dissertations on how early 21st century hominids were capable of whipping themselves up into whirling frenzies about nothing in particular.

Dallan
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dallan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Wars have been fought for reasons more trivial than the conflicts on this thread.

The Log, like the Weapons of Mass Destruction, would solve everything, if only it could be located. Has someone looked in Syria?

Daejn
Stew Ingredient

Post by Daejn » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:17 pm

Dallan wrote:The Log, like the Weapons of Mass Destruction, would solve everything, if only it could be located. Has someone looked in Syria?

Rumour has it the Log is in Uranus.

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:35 pm

Dallan wrote:Wars have been fought for reasons more trivial than the conflicts on this thread.

May I be a Knight this time? In my slow but steady rise from Footsoldier to Squire, I hope I have earned the chance to be Sir Annie.
Really I do.
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

zara
stewbie

Post by zara » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:23 pm

Daejn wrote:If the Stew has produced nothing of worth to future historians of the species homo sapien- and it hasn't - then let this thread be the sole surviving relic of our browbeaten corner of the Internet. It should inspire dissertations on how early 21st century hominids were capable of whipping themselves up into whirling frenzies about nothing in particular.

The slogan cames it is worth it, but only if selectively pruned into submission ;)

Entire threads have recently been deleted over a couple of hints of dissension, even one called, if you can believe it, favourite mods.

Fitting that my lost posts find there way into this thread...

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:55 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lost all respect for Manos when I found out he passed around very private webcam footage of a poster he was PMing. I let her know that I'd heard from 2 male posters and she was very pissed off at him.

On top of that, he was absolutely useless during a lot of technical problems & DoS attacks. The posters will no doubt recall how many times this site was down, not to mention unusable when it was up. We certainly had a LOT of complaints when he was "acting" admin. And when he'd finally return, he was the most arrogant prick to many of the mods and treated them like trash. Most, if not all, of them during that time were furious with him and it was left to the task force to eventually get the ball rolling on a new ISP. Ask Billet, Shmish and Roadie what they think of him.

As for mods, I've liked a lot of them, though I'm not fond of the blatant bias & schadenfreude tendencies some have shown. Shmish would get my vote for best, not only because she genuinely cared, but she was the most even-handed, unbiased mod I've had the priviledge of working with. Roadwarrior, who helped moderate for a brief period, was the hardest working and many of the policies & suggestions he brought to the task force are used to this day, including the ToS.

Interesting, as well, if other lost posts find a home buried within the pages of dearly treasured historical records.

zara
stewbie

Post by zara » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:24 pm

zara wrote:
Daejn wrote:If the Stew has produced nothing of worth to future historians of the species homo sapien- and it hasn't - then let this thread be the sole surviving relic of our browbeaten corner of the Internet. It should inspire dissertations on how early 21st century hominids were capable of whipping themselves up into whirling frenzies about nothing in particular.

The slogan claims it is worth it, but only if selectively pruned into submission ;)

Entire threads have recently been deleted over a couple of hints of dissension, even one called, if you can believe it, favourite mods.

Fitting that my lost posts find there way into this thread...

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:55 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lost all respect for Manos when I found out he passed around very private webcam footage of a poster he was PMing. I let her know that I'd heard from 2 male posters and she was very pissed off at him.

On top of that, he was absolutely useless during a lot of technical problems & DoS attacks. The posters will no doubt recall how many times this site was down, not to mention unusable when it was up. We certainly had a LOT of complaints when he was "acting" admin. And when he'd finally return, he was the most arrogant prick to many of the mods and treated them like trash. Most, if not all, of them during that time were furious with him and it was left to the task force to eventually get the ball rolling on a new ISP. Ask Billet, Shmish and Roadie what they think of him.

As for mods, I've liked a lot of them, though I'm not fond of the blatant bias & schadenfreude tendencies some have shown. Shmish would get my vote for best, not only because she genuinely cared, but she was the most even-handed, unbiased mod I've had the priviledge of working with. Roadwarrior, who helped moderate for a brief period, was the hardest working and many of the policies & suggestions he brought to the task force are used to this day, including the ToS.

Interesting, as well, if other lost posts find a home buried within the pages of dearly treasured historical records.

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:48 pm

Yeah yeah. What about my fucking knighthood?
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Re:

Post by gnd » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:45 am

Daejn wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:47 pm
If the Stew has produced nothing of worth to future historians of the species homo sapien- and it hasn't - then let this thread be the sole surviving relic of our browbeaten corner of the Internet. It should inspire dissertations on how early 21st century hominids were capable of whipping themselves up into whirling frenzies about nothing in particular.
in CAPS LOCK! :lol:
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Re: 25 years of fixing air conditioners...

Post by pezworld » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:32 pm

I miss Daejn.

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:48 pm

A shame the OP has been reduced to "mutha is fixing"

Mutha never fixed.

SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:36 pm

I wonder what Zara is up too these days?
Moethebartender wrote: "No doubt funded by the nigrah's and the joos."