Vienna.

We're travelers here. Tourists can be found on that other board.
User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Lincoln and his massive travel balls are visiting Vienna in June.

I've never been before or to any part of Austria...I've got 3/4 days,i'm a lazy traveler so plan to just hang out in the famous coffee shops,visit museums ,art galleries and perhaps take the train over to Bratislava for a day.

I like to be central so I can walk around and be close to stuff.

Which part of the city should I base myself in?....any recommends for hotels?

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20519
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by DCComic » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:38 pm

It’s pretty walkable and the underground and trams are excellent. Anywhere in districts 1-8, barring 2.
You can get a river boat to Bratislava.
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally - It would be delightful to cl yo a cunt to your face.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:47 pm

DCComic wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:38 pm

You can get a river boat to Bratislava.

That sounds interesting DC...how long does that take?

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20519
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by DCComic » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:00 pm

About 3 hours I think. I lived in an Air B&B in the 5th district just outside the Gürtel and walked everywhere, but spent the night in Bratislava when I went. It's a good place for an evening.

Make sure you go to the aquarium in Vienna.
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally - It would be delightful to cl yo a cunt to your face.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:13 pm

I've just been watching a few videos on youtube about Bratislava...it actually seems more interesting, I've booked 3 nights in Vienna but I can get free canellation so I might just fly into Vienna but stay in Bratislava...it seems less stuffy than Vienna.

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 73601
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by VinnyD » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:41 pm

I liked the Pension Neuer Markt.

Especially good if, like me, you are capable of shamelessly stuffing yourself at a breakfast buffet.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:50 pm

I love aa good Buffett Vinny...thanks i'll check that out.

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3956
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by steveogolf » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:54 pm

I thought that Vienna was boring. Salzburg (and its surroundings) was much more interesting.
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

Cyllarus
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2805
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Cyllarus » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Lincoln said:
it seems less stuffy than Vienna.
Park Avenue is less stuffy than Vienna....can't think of anywhere that is more stuffy. Keep in mind that Viennese look down on Austraians and Austrians look down on Germans....

Some beautiful areas in Vienna however. i spent a nice afternoon at training facility (200 year old arena) for the Lippizaner stallions. I was the guy who kept saying, "what are these
bay coloured, or half bay half white horses doing here? Where are the real Lippizaners?'

_ar
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:58 am

Re: Vienna.

Post by _ar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Nina Stemme is singing the Dyer's wife in Die Frau! I wish I could be in Vienna next June. It's a city dense in history, arts and culture. Lots of Secession stuff. Lucky you.

User avatar
cowtown
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 28180
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by cowtown » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:46 pm

I loved Vienna, the food was great. I stayed at at the Bristol Hotel across from the Opera House, top floor in a suite. Tome Cruise was in the next room, he was filming an MI movie at the Opera House. Great location, great hotel with an awesome bar. I really like some old, amusement park there. It was across town, very blue collar but had these old roller coaster and some swing that went 300 ft in the air that gave a great view. There was a good restaurant near by in a garden conservatory, perhaps a bit touristy but in a good way, also very veggie friendly. I liked it so much, I went twice, it looked out over a park

http://www.palmenhaus.at/content/de/palmenhaus


Bratislava was interesting for about 4 hours but I was there 2 days. I went with an American visiting the homeland of his ancestors and even he thought it sucked. He was a veggie and food was rough for him (it was rough for me too). It had that depressed, post Soviet vibe with a tiny little district of a Disney-like Ye Olde Tourist Strip. My hotel sucked too and it was the best one in the city. The top-rate veggie friendly restaurant was some Thai place (lime leaf or something) and it wasn't that great, never got good meal there

the high light was watching the US Air Force Band play Leonard Bernstein tunes in the square while having a drink and buying codeine over the counter

what caught you interest there?
Image

User avatar
harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12208
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by harry_flashman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:49 pm

don't forget the adolf hitler trail

https://www.vienna-unwrapped.com/hitler-in-vienna/

fun and games for all the family
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20519
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by DCComic » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:56 pm

I didn’t find Vienna stuffy at all. I think an afternoon and evening are plenty to see Bratislava. Vienna is worth a month.
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally - It would be delightful to cl yo a cunt to your face.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:02 pm

cowtown wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:46 pm
what caught you interest there?
It was just some dude on youtube doing a travel blog on both places...Vienna looked great but mainly old grand palaces which I will go to but are interesting for about an hour....Bratislava looked decent....they had a Govindas restaurant(I fcuking love Govindas)...they also had live bands every day during in summer and the one thing I've missed out on in life is live music...I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of live bands I've seen (ok,maybe 2 hands).

That said the above posts make me want to concentrate on Vienna a bit too....anyway, its booked and seeing as i'll be traveling on my tod I may well go and follow Harrys recommendation.

User avatar
harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12208
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by harry_flashman » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:23 pm

going on your tod lincoln?

Where is the wife?
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 pm

She's still here mate,she just becoming boring and doesn't want to travel so I'm off on my own...Never done that before so I hope it goes well.

Stan In Maryland
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9677
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Stan In Maryland » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:05 pm

I was in Vienna this past July. I can send you the Air BnB we stayed out. It was right by the university. About a 15 or 20 minute walk to the palace area but there was a subway or tram very close that in two stops you were at the palace area. If you want the info PM me. It was one bedroom it that matters.

There is a film and food festival at the city hall which is really great. So many food stalls and really seemed to be more locals than tourists. That's was a recommendation from Rez and it was spot on.

There is lots to see and it is a beautiful city but of there, Budapest and Prague it was probably my least favorite. Budapest is more gritty in a good way and Prague while great is truly over run by tourists (like me).
"As a child I wanted to be a grown-up. I wanted to know everything - not that I like to talk about it. I hate intellectual conversation with intellectuals because I only care about my opinion."

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 73601
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by VinnyD » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:17 pm

I find the food in Mittel Europa to be great but it seems to me it is not especially vegetarian-friendly. There will be plenty of vegetarian options (including on the breakfast buffet in the Neuer Markt), but maybe not in the most Viennese places; you may be eating pizza more than I ever would in Vienna.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 61929
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:03 am

steveogolf wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:54 pm
I thought that Vienna was boring. Salzburg (and its surroundings) was much more interesting.
Yup. Innsbruck is nice too, even if everybody you meet has a Nazi grandfather.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 14994
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 am

Re: Vienna.

Post by simon_in_exile » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 pm
She's still here mate,she just becoming boring and doesn't want to travel so I'm off on my own...Never done that before so I hope it goes well.
Been to Hungary? I’d rather have a trip from Vienna on the train to Sopron (been twice, it’s a lovely town), instead of Bratislava (granted I haven’t been there since 1994 but it was pretty crap then).

As for Vienna, make sure you visit the Hundertwasser Haus - it’s right up your Gasse, I reckon.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:14 pm

simon_in_exile wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:30 pm
Lincoln wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 pm
She's still here mate,she just becoming boring and doesn't want to travel so I'm off on my own...Never done that before so I hope it goes well.
Been to Hungary? I’d rather have a trip from Vienna on the train to Sopron (been twice, it’s a lovely town), instead of Bratislava (granted I haven’t been there since 1994 but it was pretty crap then).

As for Vienna, make sure you visit the Hundertwasser Haus - it’s right up your Gasse, I reckon.

Hundertwasser Haus looks pretty cool,thanks Yorkshire...I was up in your neck of the woods today....I went to Hull...fcking awesome place,have you been? I've only worked there but today was visiting and I was pretty goddamn impressed if i'm being honest

User avatar
rezuar
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 14818
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by rezuar » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:22 am

I find Vienna a little bit boring, and much prefer Budapest over it.
What I do like about Vienna though is the food market in Rathausplatz in summer.
As for accommodation, the 25 Stunden Hotel is centrally located, has a great vibe and an amazing rooftop bar.
Keep an open mind but not so open your brain falls out.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20519
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by DCComic » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 am

Still stunned that people can be bored in any decent sized city, let alone one at the crossroads of Europe. Maybe you don’t like art or music or architecture or museums or cafes or bars or restaurants or dancing or sports or...

Blimey.
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally - It would be delightful to cl yo a cunt to your face.

User avatar
harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12208
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by harry_flashman » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:09 am

I have to agree with Steveo, saltzburg(and it’s surroundings) are for more interesting. You also have the not to be missed sound of music tour which would be right up lincunts street.
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

User avatar
rezuar
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 14818
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by rezuar » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:57 pm

DCComic wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 am
Still stunned that people can be bored in any decent sized city, let alone one at the crossroads of Europe. Maybe you don’t like art or music or architecture or museums or cafes or bars or restaurants or dancing or sports or...

Blimey.
It’s the general vibe, DC. They do have superb museums and galleries, but they also don’t seem to have gotten over the past.
You can see some effort, though. The Museumsquartier does have a hip whiff, and the food fest I mentioned above is a thing of a grrat beauty and diversity.
Keep an open mind but not so open your brain falls out.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20519
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by DCComic » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:46 pm

I can understand if there are aspects you don’t like. I get it if you prefer other cities. But boring?
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally - It would be delightful to cl yo a cunt to your face.

User avatar
rezuar
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 14818
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by rezuar » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Yes, boring.
Keep an open mind but not so open your brain falls out.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20519
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by DCComic » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:08 pm

It's you, not Vienna.
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally - It would be delightful to cl yo a cunt to your face.

User avatar
rezuar
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 14818
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by rezuar » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:54 pm

DCComic wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:08 pm
It's you, not Vienna.
:D :D :D
But of course.

Not as boring as your reply was predictable, though.
Keep an open mind but not so open your brain falls out.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:11 pm

Stop fighting on my beloved thread....I shall decide which one of you is correct when I visit next year.

The loser will have to pay a forfeit.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20519
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by DCComic » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:20 pm

If you are bored in a European city there's something missing in your soul.
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally - It would be delightful to cl yo a cunt to your face.

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3956
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by steveogolf » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:24 pm

Imagine The Sound of Music Tour (Saltzburg), the Salt Mine Tour, including the trip across the underground lake on a raft and sliding down the chutes (in nearby Halein), and The WaterGames attraction (in Saltzberg) while STONED OUT OF YOUR MIND !
OMG !
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:32 pm

"The watergames attraction"?....is that where some Austrian tart pisses over me whilst I'm tucking into my applestroudle steavo?

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3956
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by steveogolf » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:39 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:32 pm
"The watergames attraction"?....is that where some Austrian tart pisses over me whilst I'm tucking into my applestroudle steavo?
Almost: From what I remember of it: You walk around a grounds of a castle with a guide, and you get shot with streams of water at unexpected times and from unexpected angles and locations. Your kids will love it, and if you are stoned........... Google it, information and explanation is there. Hellbrun Castle Water Games.
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

User avatar
cummy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10664
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by cummy » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:54 am

steveogolf wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:24 pm
The Sound of Music Tour (Saltzburg)
the bestest visit here was during winter once. the lake behind the house was frozen solid. many were just hanging out on the frozen lake. sipping schnapps, of course. lots of fun. i guess you can't do this right now. or, maybe in a boat now.

fishface
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10848
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:18 am

Re: Vienna.

Post by fishface » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:45 am

I went on a fascinating World War 2 Hitler walking tour. It was possibly my favouritest (it's a word) tour I had done in a long time. The topic was interesting and the honesty, surprising.

And I spent an entire morning at the hundertwasser village and therefore buggered up my plans to do other things.

User avatar
GLimpet
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 36171
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by GLimpet » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:04 am

I'll be in Salzburg tonight, I hope.

The trains between Munich and Salzburg are a bit fucked up due to track work.

No water games planned.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:07 am

[quote=GLimpet post_id=4246389 time=1540811056 user_id=687271

No water games planned.
[/quote]


:roll: Yeah so you say :lol:

Safe travels Glimpo

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20519
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by DCComic » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:55 am

GLimpet wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:04 am
I'll be in Salzburg tonight, I hope.

The trains between Munich and Salzburg are a bit fucked up due to track work.

No water games planned.
Good food
http://www.ao-zai.at

https://hotelsacher.grandluxuryhotels.c ... gKsRPD_BwE
Good hotel bar.
We got a really good rate for a room here too.
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally - It would be delightful to cl yo a cunt to your face.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20519
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by DCComic » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:57 am

Red Bull Hangar 7 is worth a look if you're into planes and cars.
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally - It would be delightful to cl yo a cunt to your face.

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 73601
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by VinnyD » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:06 pm

DCComic wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:20 pm
If you are bored in a European city there's something missing in your soul.
You have never spent a Sunday in Orléans.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20519
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by DCComic » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:07 pm

True
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally - It would be delightful to cl yo a cunt to your face.

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 73601
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by VinnyD » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Consider yourself lucky.

User avatar
GLimpet
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 36171
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by GLimpet » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:07 pm

DCComic wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:57 am
Red Bull Hangar 7 is worth a look if you're into planes and cars.
All my service techs have been there but I'm usually in/out too quickly.
I nearly had a fit when one put in a dinner expense from there but turns out there's a sort of burger bar, not just the guest Michelin chef bit I'd heard about.

He is a plane modeller and amateur pilot so it was right up his gasse.

Anyway, looks like I'll get all my business done tomorrow, so if I can't change my flights home to a day earlier, I'll have a "free" day so might take a look out there.

My Austrian clients never knew much about Sound of Music until recently. It was never shown on Austrian TV like it was in the UK.

User avatar
GLimpet
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 36171
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by GLimpet » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:12 pm

DCComic wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:55 am
GLimpet wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:04 am
I'll be in Salzburg tonight, I hope.

The trains between Munich and Salzburg are a bit fucked up due to track work.

No water games planned.
Good food
http://www.ao-zai.at

https://hotelsacher.grandluxuryhotels.c ... gKsRPD_BwE
Good hotel bar.
We got a really good rate for a room here too.
We stayed at the Goldener Hirsch, tourist central.

When I'm on business by myself I just stay near the hbf.

Had an engineering night out at the Stiegl Brewery once.

Did the tourist sights with my wife.

Town pretty much runs on tourism 365 days a year.

User avatar
rezuar
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 14818
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by rezuar » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:11 pm
Stop fighting on my beloved thread....I shall decide which one of you is correct when I visit next year.

The loser will have to pay a forfeit.
Sorry for being a Debbie Downer, Linc. I probably spent too much time in Vienna.
I really hope you’ll enjoy it.
Keep an open mind but not so open your brain falls out.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:29 pm

In the interest of reporting back,I'm in Vienna now and have to say I'm impressed...it reminds me a lot of Budapest but there are differences...it's more diverse here I'd say....today I've met Tunizians,Argentinians,Cambodians....it's a nice vibe.

Can't say I've done much other than wander around....but that's just like I like it,I've had great food at a cheapo Cambodian restaurant,there's a lot of graffiti here but it's not the nasty-assed tagging you see in England and eastern Europe...neither is it the arty type but it's everywhere,especially around the banks of the Danube.

There's some formidable churches here...NorthAmerican would be impressed,I was lucky to stumble on 2 very quiet but really ornate churches...I didn't know where to look there was so much going on!....by contrast the main tourist draw churches here in Vienna was disappointing...Stephenson,whilst impressive from outside was just ain ordinary inside and was absolutely minging with visitors.

I've eaten well....too well,I thought I had to try the famous Apfelstrudel...so I headed to the cool Cafe Alt Wien...I ordered a Shiite over priced Vienna coffee and was expecting just a small cake....but this massive passed plate arrived with a huge cake and custard ( they call it vanilla sauce but it's custard!)...cost 9 Euro and I wasn't even hungry....but it was good....first time for a long time that I've eaten in a bar where people still smoke.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:41 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
I thought the Danube was supposed to be Blue?
Image

Image

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20519
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by DCComic » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:01 pm

Go to the aquarium.
Image

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally - It would be delightful to cl yo a cunt to your face.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18129
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vienna.

Post by Lincoln » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:07 pm

Yes you mentioned that before...ill be at a lose end on Thursday so I will follow your sage advice....will you reimburse me if it's Shiite?....you should.

Post Reply