Brian Clough

If it's got balls, it's here

leela
Stew Ingredient

Re: Brian Clough

Post by leela » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:13 pm

Thank you. That's a great bit of history.

I grew up in Derby when he was manager of Derby County. My dad was gutted when Clough went to the opposition just a few miles away. I've been a southerner for 40 years now, but the accent makes me feel about ten years old again. I'll be visiting my mum up there tomorrow, and driving along Brian Clough Way. Derby forgave him enough to name one of the main trunk roads after him.
Pass the wine...

andybox
Stew Ingredient

Post by andybox » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:29 am

My mum and grandfather were both born in Nottingham, as a kid I’d watch a black and white tv in the early morning hours to watch them play. He was a god like figure in football.
The rich get richer, the poor get the picture, the bombs never hit you when you're down so low.

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:23 am

A top man was Cloughie..in the heyday of Notts Forrest I used to go to every home game with my dad...in those days there was no need to buy tickets...even for big European games,you just rocked up and got in.

andybox
Stew Ingredient

Post by andybox » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:02 am

Somewhere along the way,Forest fell by the wayside. They had a chance a few years back to go up but they fucked it up.
The rich get richer, the poor get the picture, the bombs never hit you when you're down so low.