Mutha, Egj...Interview help plz

Video games, electronics and gadgets, elf ears and more
gnd
Stew Ingredient

Mutha, Egj...Interview help plz

Post by gnd » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Was at O r a kle, and I b M today. I have an unofficial interview next week...

One place today included a talk on a new API which has not been released, but possibly will be the next update. Apparently I asked some good questions, and randomly answered some, and I understood the update usage (parallel, collector , promise....etc). And had a nice informal talk after. The food was excellent too,)

Anywho, any tips, or literally if you were hiring, what would you ask *a beginner*, and what would you ask someone in depth who knew more/was way further along that you expected way more of. (I want to be able to answer/understand both, even though they know I am a beginner).

(Java will be the language..... is open for future choice; but backend now as I like it, and backend is interesting/fun:))

Thank you! It prob won´t lead to a job, but am excited I could answer questions, discuss the API easy with others who knew way more (were backend or devops, devs) and understood the code:) Really superfun and interesting today! I like it here:)

thanks if ya´ll have advice. I know I ask a bazillion questions!
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Re: Mutha, Egj...Interview help plz

Post by gnd » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:46 pm

sadface. I did not get the tshirt though,)
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

egjeg
Stew Ingredient

Post by egjeg » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:14 am

what's the job? Something like Java web dev?
Last edited by egjeg on Sat Jun 04, 2031 4:13 am, edited 5,730,142 time in total.

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 pm

DBA microservices of some sort I suppose. I googled interviews, so hope that will help.

The last time I had an "interview" for tech company, they just made a position for me. ok, back to studying.

It´s alot of endless stuff to learn, but very fun and interesting. Will try to stop asking questions on here!,)

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Ps was kidding. no idea.