Lasagne. Tiramisu w savoiardi.

Killing the internets, one recipe at a time
gnd
Stew Ingredient

Lasagne. Tiramisu w savoiardi.

Post by gnd » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 pm

Lasagna is for quick. Lasagne is Wednesday. It´s a Verb. Homemade. Layers= slow cooked sauce of crushed toms. Ground pork/beef/angus with crushed toms/herbs/spices. Shredded mozz, fresh mozz slices. Cheese mixture of ricotta, cottage cheese, parm-reg/asiago, whole eggs, spices. Eggy lasagna homemade or the type one boils (frilly cod lasagna plates).

I like to cook my red sauce (if you really want my recipe just ask). for a long time on low, then add meat,cook on low again, then layer with fresh egg lasagna sheets, and a cheese sauce not containing cottage cheese.

I prefer thin layers, and lots of them, with chunks of fresh mozzarella, and shredded basil in between, then top with cheese, lots and lots of cheese. I cover in foil, bake it, let it go cold and then broil the top for crispy cheeesy goodness just before serving.
Yes, Jess. Recipe thanks:). I´ll post photos next week, with what we used (not sure I can find the ground pork, so will use ground beef only). What boozy drink might be good with that? :)
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Re: Lasagne. Tiramisu w savoiardi.

Post by gnd » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:52 am

Tiramisu.
I made savoiardi the other day. Kept it in airtight container. (am not totally pleased with this new recipe. It called for baking powder, which I do not usually use. Risen well, looked perfect. Taste fine. But they lost some of their air/are a bit flat-ish. I also used regular sugar --not icing sugar-- to sugar them both before and after baking. I liked this. And I tried brown sugar in the batter, as I was out of white---also liked!).

He´s getting double espresso from stockfleths. The kahlua. I got whole eggs, my savoiardi, brown sugar, mascarpone, and I got dark chocolate bar not cocoa (I usually use both, but decided to try just the chocolate).

Photos tomorrow. After we make.
---

Photos of what I got to Lasagna (it+s a Verb). heh. I could only find the oven ready lasagna plates. so not sure how well it will go--he is helping me --I only ever use the ones you boil, but apparently those are rarely sold now!:/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:54 am

Lasagna layers...tbc

EDITAF: no. The bread is NOT going in, but WITH!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:56 am

lasagna layers...

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:14 am

mods, can we get a lasagna branch?
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Mods can you give Korky a time out for fucking mindless bumping? Jesus, this idiot is worse than Grecian.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:13 pm

Moethebartender wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:30 pm
Mods can you give Korky a time out for fucking mindless bumping? Jesus, this idiot is worse than Grecian.
Mods please tell moe he's a wanker.

mad hatter
Stew Ingredient

Post by mad hatter » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:17 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Moethebartender wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:30 pm
Mods please tell moe he's a wanker.
ill leap in. Meow, youre a wanker
Nines to Felix: "I know a lot of really successful lawyers. My oldest son is a full partner in a prestigious law firm. I know the gig. None of them have the time nor inclination to post the never-ending drivel like you've done for decades here"

Ledbetter
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ledbetter » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:31 pm

I might try making these two recipes. What would you change, or would you stick with the original video recipe?...or.. would you skip it all together and make regular GND lasagna?