Mutha's To Do list

Post any technical problems you are having
User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 pm

Just to keep track of what still needs to be done:
  • get email working and verify new user registrations
  • add new styles based on suggestions
    • subsilver?
    • I'd be in favor of any of the "flat" styles. Like "proflat" or "Flat Style."
    • wwwphpbbcom/customise/db/style/basic/
  • get a mobile site style (I decided not to do this one... all of the new styles should look decent on a small mobile browser)[/s]
  • fix Tapatalk
  • make urls open in new page (I decided not to do this one... it's generally bad practice on sites and it's a pain to do this with phpbb, I'd have to manually edit all styles)
  • site and bookmark globe icon
  • suggested extensions
  • increase session time to 24 hours
  • PayPal button so Annotated can send me gifts

User avatar
leela
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 29860
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by leela » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:26 pm

I suggest that you don't choose the style that's called Avalon. Who knows what havoc might ensue.
Pass the wine...

User avatar
Scrubb
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 23839
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:08 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by Scrubb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 pm

ONe more thing that's been bugging me: when I hover over the links to "Board index" and "Political Stew" at the top left of each page, there's no longer a dropdown menu. So you have to go back to the board index instead of being able to jump directly to another forum.
Boinkity_Boink isn't much of an idiot

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:09 am

Looks like you're right. Unfortunately that's not a setting, just a UI choice for this style (the dark one at least).

User avatar
mad hatter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24689
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by mad hatter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:23 am

Ahem. Tapatalk....
Nines to Felix: "I know a lot of really successful lawyers. My oldest son is a full partner in a prestigious law firm. I know the gig. None of them have the time nor inclination to post the never-ending drivel like you've done for decades here"

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:33 am

Yeah, I know. Their script errors out when I try to run it on this site, so I'll have to spend some time on their forums trying to figure it out.

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:35 am

I also added a few other styles - subsilver, proflat and basic. The logo looks really weird on some of them including the mobile styles, just a huge centered globe with no text.

User avatar
mad hatter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24689
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by mad hatter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:44 am

You're a good Man stretch.
Nines to Felix: "I know a lot of really successful lawyers. My oldest son is a full partner in a prestigious law firm. I know the gig. None of them have the time nor inclination to post the never-ending drivel like you've done for decades here"

User avatar
leela
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 29860
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by leela » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Scrubb wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 pm
ONe more thing that's been bugging me: when I hover over the links to "Board index" and "Political Stew" at the top left of each page, there's no longer a dropdown menu. So you have to go back to the board index instead of being able to jump directly to another forum.
On prosilver, there's a 'jump to' at the bottom right of the page.
Pass the wine...

User avatar
Annotated
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 21116
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:20 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by Annotated » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:33 pm

It might be nice to be able to embed Tweets.
The First White Man to Ever be Woke

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 pm

That’s a good idea, I’m sure there’s an easy way to do that, much like we do YouTube videos

User avatar
mad hatter
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24689
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by mad hatter » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:06 pm

No No no no no. imagine the tweet spam.
Nines to Felix: "I know a lot of really successful lawyers. My oldest son is a full partner in a prestigious law firm. I know the gig. None of them have the time nor inclination to post the never-ending drivel like you've done for decades here"

User avatar
Scrubb
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 23839
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:08 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by Scrubb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 pm

leela wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:40 pm
Scrubb wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 pm
ONe more thing that's been bugging me: when I hover over the links to "Board index" and "Political Stew" at the top left of each page, there's no longer a dropdown menu. So you have to go back to the board index instead of being able to jump directly to another forum.
On prosilver, there's a 'jump to' at the bottom right of the page.
I know, but I really like being able to go from the top of the page to anywhere with 1 click.
Boinkity_Boink isn't much of an idiot

User avatar
leela
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 29860
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by leela » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Ah, okay. I assumed you must be on the black version, and it was yet another way in which it differs from prosilver.
Pass the wine...

User avatar
Annotated
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 21116
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:20 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by Annotated » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:55 am

mad hatter wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:06 pm
No No no no no. imagine the tweet spam.
Just disable that function for Miss Piggy and we should be fine.
The First White Man to Ever be Woke

User avatar
Scrubb
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 23839
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:08 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by Scrubb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Another thing that's different is that you can't use a different version on different devices. I used to keep the black version on my laptop and the mobile version on my phone. Now, whichever one you set anywhere carries through to the other devices too.
Boinkity_Boink isn't much of an idiot

User avatar
WhosieWho
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7014
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Mobile Style is where??

Post by WhosieWho » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:54 am

iPad (sucks to your aunty Steve Bojs!) still crashes trying to load megathreads with vids.

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE REFUND MONEY AT ONCE !!!!1 lol



https://soundcloud.com/hrtheband/sylvia
https://soundcloud.com/leadrmusic/leadrwaves
"This entire paragraph is just repeating Fake News. There was NO blood, NO semen and there was NO Satanism. Delete." -- The Editor

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:55 am

Can you link to one that is causing you problems?

User avatar
WhosieWho
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7014
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Music Thread, 17 pages

Post by WhosieWho » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:59 am

Can't even open it - crash, crash, crash + iPad error msg.
Sometimes the Link buttons show just blue, but it still crashes before anything can be typed, etc.
"This entire paragraph is just repeating Fake News. There was NO blood, NO semen and there was NO Satanism. Delete." -- The Editor

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:07 am

muthafunky wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:55 am
Can you link to one that is causing you problems?

User avatar
WhosieWho
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7014
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Eventually

Post by WhosieWho » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:21 am

muthafunky wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:55 am
Can you link to one that is causing you problems?
Only with difficulty!
http://www.politicalstew.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135109
"This entire paragraph is just repeating Fake News. There was NO blood, NO semen and there was NO Satanism. Delete." -- The Editor

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:43 am

I’m not sure what to tell you, I’m able to open that thread on my iPad. It does have a lot of embedded videos, so it is taxing in that respect but I don’t think there’s anything I can do about that.

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:57 am

Alrighty, looks like email is the main thing still not working

User avatar
pezworld
Admin's Concubine
Posts: 32615
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:00 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by pezworld » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 pm

And linkies not opening in a new window?
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

User avatar
leela
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 29860
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by leela » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:16 am

pezworld wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 pm
And linkies not opening in a new window?
Yep, any news on this? I keep forgetting to press control while clicking on a link, and then discover I've mislaid PS when I want to come back to it later.

eta that I've just seen your edit in the OP. Okay then. I'll just have to try harder to get into the control button habit
Pass the wine...

User avatar
Jim-2012
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9524
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:32 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by Jim-2012 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Schnee-04-02-138.jpg
Schnee-04-02-137.jpg
Schnee-04-02-136.jpg
When more than one attachment is selected, only the first one is displayed; the others are marked as no longer available. This problem has only showed up on the New Stew.
Will it be fixed?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
“When you are taking FLAK, you know you are over the target”

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Looks like it's a bug in phpbb. They have merged a fix so when they release the next version of phpbb and I install it this will be fixed.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2458036

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15743
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by DCComic » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Image orientation.
I'm seeing pictures on their side in this thread.
http://www.politicalstew.com/viewtopic. ... start=2950
If I open them in a new tab they are displayed correctly.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

User avatar
Bill Barilko
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15039
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:34 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by Bill Barilko » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:54 am

Links still don't Open In New Window.
Nexus the criminally insane whore/backstabber wrote:You missed the porn site I set up in your name....Shall I send the link to everyone?

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:18 pm

DCComic wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:52 pm
Image orientation.
I'm seeing pictures on their side in this thread.
http://www.politicalstew.com/viewtopic. ... start=2950
If I open them in a new tab they are displayed correctly.
That seems to happen with tinypic and maybe other external site urls. I'm not sure why.

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Bill Barilko wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:54 am
Links still don't Open In New Window.
As mentioned in the OP I'm not going to make that change.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15743
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by DCComic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:20 am

http://www.politicalstew.com/download/file.php?id=9801

This one is is an upload to the stew.
Sideways in the thread but correct if you view it alone via its URL.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

User avatar
cowtown
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25678
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by cowtown » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Image
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler



Image

ArchStanton
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:30 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by ArchStanton » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:31 pm

Mutha, I made several posts last week, but they haven't appeared yet.
What gives?

User avatar
Jim-2012
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9524
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:32 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by Jim-2012 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:48 pm

I tried a file attachment of 183 KB.
It wouldn't attach, and the error status was:
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.
What's the problem with attachments?
It was from my C: drive.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
“When you are taking FLAK, you know you are over the target”

User avatar
harry_flashman
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10742
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:38 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by harry_flashman » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:02 am

Enable the freedom of speech option. It might by automatically disabled on the american version of this forum.
Hello Flashman

coward, cad, lecher and knave-of-all-trades

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55167
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by eric84 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:54 pm

The foe function is still not working. Fix it.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12413
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by Moethebartender » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:17 pm

muthafunky wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 pm
Just to keep track of what still needs to be done:
  • get email working and verify new user registrations
  • add new styles based on suggestions
    • subsilver?
    • I'd be in favor of any of the "flat" styles. Like "proflat" or "Flat Style."
    • wwwphpbbcom/customise/db/style/basic/
  • get a mobile site style (I decided not to do this one... all of the new styles should look decent on a small mobile browser)[/s]
  • fix Tapatalk
  • make urls open in new page (I decided not to do this one... it's generally bad practice on sites and it's a pain to do this with phpbb, I'd have to manually edit all styles)
  • site and bookmark globe icon
  • suggested extensions
  • increase session time to 24 hours
  • PayPal button so Annotated can send me gifts
Need to add a couple to this list.
  • Ban Eric
  • Explain for the 879th time what freedom of speech means to the drooling limey sexpat
  • Facepalm for the 879th time when said drooling limey sexpat still fails to understand the explanation
Last edited by Moethebartender on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59772
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by polardude1 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Ereich makes demands on someone running a message board for free. Precious
.
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55167
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by eric84 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Moethebartender wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:17 pm
muthafunky wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 pm
Just to keep track of what still needs to be done:
  • get email working and verify new user registrations
  • add new styles based on suggestions
    • subsilver?
    • I'd be in favor of any of the "flat" styles. Like "proflat" or "Flat Style."
    • wwwphpbbcom/customise/db/style/basic/
  • get a mobile site style (I decided not to do this one... all of the new styles should look decent on a small mobile browser)[/s]
  • fix Tapatalk
  • make urls open in new page (I decided not to do this one... it's generally bad practice on sites and it's a pain to do this with phpbb, I'd have to manually edit all styles)
  • site and bookmark globe icon
  • suggested extensions
  • increase session time to 24 hours
  • PayPal button so Annotated can send me gifts
Need to add a couple to this list.
  • Ban Eric
  • Explain for the 879th time what freedom of speech means to the drooling limey sexpat
  • Facepalm for the 879th time when said drooling limey sexpat still fails to understand the explanation
The foe function still not working for Moe, either apparently.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55167
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by eric84 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:42 pm

polardude1 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Ereich makes demands on someone running a message board for free. Precious
.
What's up, Polar? We've missed you.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55167
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by eric84 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:27 pm

eric84 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:42 pm
Moethebartender wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:17 pm
muthafunky wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:17 pm
Just to keep track of what still needs to be done:
  • get email working and verify new user registrations
  • add new styles based on suggestions
    • subsilver?
    • I'd be in favor of any of the "flat" styles. Like "proflat" or "Flat Style."
    • wwwphpbbcom/customise/db/style/basic/
  • get a mobile site style (I decided not to do this one... all of the new styles should look decent on a small mobile browser)[/s]
  • fix Tapatalk
  • make urls open in new page (I decided not to do this one... it's generally bad practice on sites and it's a pain to do this with phpbb, I'd have to manually edit all styles)
  • site and bookmark globe icon
  • suggested extensions
  • increase session time to 24 hours
  • PayPal button so Annotated can send me gifts
Need to add a couple to this list.
  • Ban Eric
  • Explain for the 879th time what freedom of speech means to the drooling limey sexpat
  • Facepalm for the 879th time when said drooling limey sexpat still fails to understand the explanation
The foe function still not working for Moe, either apparently.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Don't worry, Herr Feuderator, it works just fine for Moe.

User avatar
Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12413
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by Moethebartender » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Jesus, is the crazy ice monkey still humping my leg? What causes such lunacy?
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55167
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by eric84 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:05 pm

muthafunky wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:29 pm
I'm extremely lazy but like the attention I create when I reveal the foe list
Well said.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Am I not paying enough attention to you, my sweet? What do you need?

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55167
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by eric84 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 pm

Let me ignore you.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Now now, we know you don’t mean that

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55167
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by eric84 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 pm

I won't have to remind you what a shitty job you're doing. That must be enticing.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
muthafunky
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22737
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:50 am

Re: Mutha's To Do list

Post by muthafunky » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:09 pm

I love the attention you lavish on me.

Post Reply