House Finds No Evidence of Trump/Russia Collusion

Main Course

Moderator: Moderator

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:16 am

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Intelligence Committee Republicans said on Monday the panel had finished conducting interviews in its investigation of Russia and the 2016 U.S. election, and found no collusion between President Donald Trump’s associates and Moscow’s efforts to influence the campaign.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1GO2S1

Gosh! What now, clowns?

Impeach 45!
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Re: House Finds No Evidence of Trump/Russia Collusion

Post by Godjira » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:17 am

What a surprise!
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:26 am

I believe the Dems on that panel disagree. I'll wait for Mueller's report, but I don't think anything will happen anyway.

It's ridiculous how partisan our govt has become. We're in full tribal mode.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:35 am

incognita wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:26 am
I believe the Dems on that panel disagree. I'll wait for Mueller's report, but I don't think anything will happen anyway.

It's ridiculous how partisan our govt has become. We're in full tribal mode.
You can thank Maobama and his bots for weaponizing the government against his political enemies.

I hope you feel some modicum of contempt for that asshat.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:52 am

Maobama and his bots. Responsible for the Black Death 1357.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 am

You can thank Trump and his bots for weaponizing the Congress against the American people.

Bravo, Lost Soul, you jack off.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:57 am

temporaryhandle2 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:52 am
Idiot.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 am

Right back at you, Darling.

andybox
Stew Ingredient

Post by andybox » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:08 am

temporaryhandle2 wrote:
Hahahaha hahahaha post of the year!
Hands have been clenched in a fist too long

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:12 am

Well that settles it then, just like firing Comey settled that. Not.

They rushed it through and shut it down so prematurely that as one guy on CNN just stated, they might as well be saying,
"Democrats, if you win the House, you're going to have to start the investigation all over again."

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:20 am

temporaryhandle2 wrote:
No kidding.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:00 am

incognita wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:26 am
I believe the Dems on that panel disagree.
Gosh!

They also cried when Trump beat Hillary.
Stay Woke

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:01 am

LS - Mueller is a republican appointed by Republicans, after Trump was elected. Try again.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 am

ditto Godjira, what a surprise. i didnt even realize they still had an investigation -- we learned long ago that the House investigation was a joke

i hope some people dont confuse this with the Senate investigation, which seems to be acting professionally
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:38 am

incognita wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:01 am
LS - Mueller is a republican appointed by Republicans, after Trump was elected. Try again.
We've covered this, dear.

The Pubes had no say in appointing Mueller. Rod Rosenstein, a Dumbo, had the power in appointing this 100% conflict-of-interest clown (Comey was his best friend).
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:39 am

temporaryhandle2 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 am
You got the date wrong.

Please tell Mr. Box. He's one of yours.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:04 am

I heard Nunes had his best detectives working in shifts.
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

Nines
Regular Guy

Post by Nines » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:42 am

We've only just begun.

- Karen Carpenter

Ped_Yai
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ped_Yai » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:15 am

korgy wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 am
ditto Godjira, what a surprise. i didnt even realize they still had an investigation -- we learned long ago that the House investigation was a joke

i hope some people dont confuse this with the Senate investigation, which seems to be acting professionally
Korgy, have you ever for a moment, no matter how fleeting, ever entertained the motion that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox may NOT actually exist?
No subject on which I am called to speak is ever slighted, and if a moral lesson or a religious precept can be drawn from it, the opportunity is never allowed to pass unheeded. My constant aim is to elevate and instruct humanity.

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:18 am

Lost Soul believes, unconditionally, Devin Nunes.
Blames Obama.

In other news:
Water is wet

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:38 am
incognita wrote:
We've covered this, dear.

The Pubes had no say in appointing Mueller. Rod Rosenstein, a Dumbo, had the power in appointing this 100% conflict-of-interest clown (Comey was his best friend).
Newt gringrich among others praised the appointment.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Nines
Regular Guy

Post by Nines » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:47 am

Crushing news for the radical leftists and their failed coup.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:53 am

Indeed comrade! All hail the innocence of Trump as determined by the impartial House of Republicans!

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:01 am

birdlite wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:18 am
Lost Soul believes, unconditionally, Devin Nunes.
Blames Obama.

In other news:
Water is wet
Guess who can unmask US citizens?

If you said that evil prick Maobama, you win. And he did it thousands of times to his political enemies, natch.

Idiot.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:03 am

You’re fucktarded. Natch.

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:08 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:39 am
temporaryhandle2 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 am
You got the date wrong.

Please tell Mr. Box. He's one of yours.
Close enough.

Maobama and his bots: Also responsible for Krakatoa, WWI and II.

And the Hindenburg.

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:09 am

Also the kidnapping of the Lindenburg baby.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:00 am

Apparently Lost Soul cares. He posted the story as if it were a great vindication.

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Ped_Yai wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:15 am
Korgy, have you ever for a moment, no matter how fleeting, ever entertained the motion that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox may NOT actually exist?
Ped, we will know how much "there" is there from the Mueller investigation, and i have been impressed with the Senate investigation leaders on both sides (GOP and Dem) as well. you clearly havent been keeping up if you thought the House investigation was anything but a joke.

NorthAmerican
Stew Ingredient

Post by NorthAmerican » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:57 pm

eric84 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 am
Lost Soul wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:38 am
incognita wrote:
...The Pubes had no say in appointing Mueller. Rod Rosenstein, a Dumbo, had the power in appointing this 100% conflict-of-interest clown (Comey was his best friend).
Newt gringrich among others praised the appointment.
I seem to remember that "among others" included a large number of Republican members of Congress, maybe the President as well. Someone should dig up and post all their names, and all the good things they had to say about Mueller. Of course that was then, this is now.
I enjoy reading NorthAmerican's posts. So well-written and interesting except for the dull parts.--Nines

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Indeed. A republican appointee is suddenly persona non grata because he did what he was asked to do.

Meanwhile, on the same day, the White House refuses to acknowledge that Russia was behind the poisoning of a Russian spy and Rex Tillerson is fired who was critical of Russia.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:22 pm

This really doesn’t look good for Trump or Republicans who are now deep in it with him. If there is nothing to hide, why stop the investigation? Many of the key players have not been interview and it’s stunning that the House Republicans all disagree with our Security agencies based upon what?

I have no doubt that the Trump faithful will herald this as a victory but it’s a dangerous game, one that has yet to fully play out. All the House Republican have done is proven themselves as anti-American by being loyal to the party, not the nation

It plays well to Putin

They might not want to get too far over their skis on this one because both the Senate and Bob Mueller are still taking this question seriously, as opposed to the clownish covering of Donald Trump’s ample ass by the Republicans on the House Intel Committee. Its chairman Devin Nunes and the committee itself are both hopelessly compromised. Nunes has done everything in his power to cover for the President, his staff, and their Russian contacts, and to elide Vladimir Putin’s stated intent and obvious actions.

When secret agent man Devin Nunes raced to the White House to break a phony story of illegal and inappropriate surveillance from a mysterious “whistleblower,” it turned out the super-secret intel he set his ass on fire to reveal came from… wait for it… the White House itself. Ezra Cohen-Watnick and Michael Ellis, both employees of the White House, provided Nunes with top secret material outside the approved channels to push one of many of the White House’s endless variations on the “no collusion—no puppet, you’re the puppet” defense.

Nunes released a memo last month that tried and failed to bring the grown-ups’ investigations to a halt, and to change the facts of why Carter Page and Trump campaign officials came under the baleful glare of the FISA Court. Spoiler: it wasn’t the intelligence community helping Hillary Clinton. It was Trump’s allies and family ass-deep in contacts, connections, communications, and coordination with Vladimir Putin’s information warfare operation.

To imagine for even one moment that every intelligence agency in this nation is wrong and that Devin Nunes, super-staffer Derek Harvey and the other partisans are right about Putin and Trump is beyond ludicrous. Harvey, a refugee from the Trump national security council purge executed by H.R. McMaster and John Kelly, is now the lead agent in the coverup by Republican members of the House. Nunes, while claiming to have recused himself, has remained deeply involved at all time in the coverup.

House Intelligence is now officially an oxymoron. Nunes’ “investigation” has been an example of Washington at its worst, a pure exercise in protecting Donald Trump, and a low point for the Republican Party’s reputation as the party of national security. The committee refused to interview key players in the drama, failed to seek campaign, government, intelligence community and corporate records that would have led to places that Team Trump doesn’t want them to go.

In fact, this White House has refused to even recognize Putin’s global special warfare operations against us exist, much less to take a stand against them. Trump continues to behave toward Putin like a preacher caught in a whorehouse; cowed, compliant, and terrified of his prospective blackmailer. Putin’s ongoing attempts to divide and influence the American political system aren’t speculation, imagination, or some Soros-driven conspiracy. His anti-American propaganda campaign is still in full swing, and the only upside is he’s not murdering people here quite yet, though if I were Paul Manafort I’d cut the deal and get into witness protection now.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-walls ... n-on-trump
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:28 pm

IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Ped_Yai
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ped_Yai » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Ped, we will know how much "there" is there from the Mueller investigation, and i have been impressed with the Senate investigation leaders on both sides (GOP and Dem) as well. you clearly havent been keeping up if you thought the House investigation was anything but a joke.
Korgy, when I worked in the aerospace business we'd occasionally have government audits. They used to tell us "the auditors will search a mile wide, and an inch deep. But if they find a clue that something is wrong, they'll go an inch wide and a mile deep." I keep looking for some sign that anyone in this investigation has got to the "inch wide and a mile deep" stage. I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing the "mile wide, inch deep" phase going on for miles and miles. Now we've got Eric Prince in the Seychelles and the Byelosrussian tart in Pattaya.

And you're right, I haven't been following most of this all that closely, because it seems that we have a "bombshell" enthusiasm of the week every week, most of which become "so last week" a week later. Like watching a pot boil.

Now maybe Mueller is meticulously reconstructing the Trump-Russia web of intrigue in monastic solitude, slowly accumulating concealed facts linked together through unseen connections, all under a cloak of deepest secrecy, doggedly advancing toward the day when the cloak will be whisked away, and the infernal machinery of traitorous Trumpean treachery will be revealed in all of its diabolical intricacy for the world to see.

You seem to think this is a foregone conclusion, with only the time of reckoning remaining uncertain. I remain skeptical.
No subject on which I am called to speak is ever slighted, and if a moral lesson or a religious precept can be drawn from it, the opportunity is never allowed to pass unheeded. My constant aim is to elevate and instruct humanity.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Ped_Yai wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:21 pm
Korgy, when I worked in the aerospace business we'd occasionally have government audits. They used to tell us "the auditors will search a mile wide, and an inch deep. But if they find a clue that something is wrong, they'll go an inch wide and a mile deep." I keep looking for some sign that anyone in this investigation has got to the "inch wide and a mile deep" stage. I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing the "mile wide, inch deep" phase going on for miles and miles. Now we've got Eric Prince in the Seychelles and the Byelosrussian tart in Pattaya.

And you're right, I haven't been following most of this all that closely, because it seems that we have a "bombshell" enthusiasm of the week every week, most of which become "so last week" a week later. Like watching a pot boil.

Now maybe Mueller is meticulously reconstructing the Trump-Russia web of intrigue in monastic solitude, slowly accumulating concealed facts linked together through unseen connections, all under a cloak of deepest secrecy, doggedly advancing toward the day when the cloak will be whisked away, and the infernal machinery of traitorous Trumpean treachery will be revealed in all of its diabolical intricacy for the world to see.

You seem to think this is a foregone conclusion, with only the time of reckoning remaining uncertain. I remain skeptical.
So, curious, if you're sceptical there's nothing here, why are House republicans like Nunes so determined to run interference to protect the White House. They're acting like they have something to hide, aren't they?

flojin
Stew Ingredient

Post by flojin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Ped_Yai wrote:
I keep looking for some sign that anyone in this investigation has got to the "inch wide and a mile deep" stage. I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing the "mile wide, inch deep" phase going on for miles and miles. Now we've got Eric Prince in the Seychelles and the Byelosrussian tart in Pattaya.
Let me refresh your memory.

The Trump team said they had no contact with Russians during the campaign.

Then it was revealed that several members of Trump's campaign were paid foreign agents. One was literally being paid by Russian allied political groups in Ukraine.

Then it was revealed that Trump's people HAD met with Russians, and that they had lied about not meeting with Russians.

They claimed that yes, they met, but that they never talked about the campaign.

Then it was revealed that they had discussed the campaign during those meetings.

Then they said there was nothing wrong with discussing their campaign with the Russians.

We know that while he was campaigning, Trump was negotiating a second Trump tower in Moscow. We know that Trump and Kushner business ties to Russia and Putin allied oligarchs are a mile wide and a mile deep.

We know that Trump won't criticize Putin, and that anyone in his administration who does criticize Putin is fired immediately.

We know that despite congress passing sanctions against Russia, Trump refuses to enforce them.

We know that Russia was involved in distributing hacked DNC emails, and even the House Committee has admitted this, despite the fact that they've been coordinating with Trump during this entire investigation.

We know that several of Trump's team are either under arrest or have pleaded guilty to a variety of charges and that they're cooperating with investigators. It takes a while to build a case, but Mueller is slowly working his way, one flip at a time, into Trump's inner circle and even his family.

There is plenty more that I'm missing, but Trump is clearly in bed with the Russians financially and politically. It's unacceptable to have a president this compromised.

Be honest for a moment: If Obama's national security advisor was discovered to be the paid agent of a foreign government, would you have been a bit concerned?
Lost Soul wrote:I have it on good authority that William Brennan, Maobama's CIA head, will be referred by the IG for criminal indictment.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:10 pm

There are a lot of republicans with their own Russia ties best to stop this now
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:25 pm

Ped_Yai wrote:
i didnt say anything like that, and you seem not to understand the purpose of an investigation. and the notion that the GOP Committe was a serious investigation is absurd. yes, it is clear you haven't been following his story. and, as i said before, there is also a Senate investigation.

obviously, the Mueller investigation is the only one solely committed to deep study of all the people and components involved in this ever-unfolding story, which is why that several people in Trump's camp have already pleaded guilty to various crimes (or maybe you didnt realize that either).

it has already been established that the Russians worked to sway our elections (did you know that?).

whether A) Trump, or B) anyone on this campign staff worked with them to do this *is an open question*.

otherwise, whether Mueller chooses to go deeper into the investigation and look into things like money-laundering for Russian oligarchs remains to be seen. this would be an open confrontation to the President, and Mueller may choose not to go down that path

Vinny has explained quite well the purpose of an investigation on other threads. perhaps you should read those. if there were any "foregone conclusion", there would be no need for any investigation.

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:26 pm

flojin, good post. some people choose not to know stuff.

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:46 pm

There was a House investigation going on?

Stan In Maryland
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stan In Maryland » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:57 pm

I too am waiting for the outcome of the Mueller investigation with no pre-drawn conclusions. I have some hope for the Senate panel. The House one has been a joke pretty much from the beginning. There was never any hope they could come out with any kind of bi-partisan report. Of course some people on both sides will never believe whatever the conclusions of any of the investigations are because if they don't align with their own pre-drawn, partisan conclusions the finding must be wrong.
"As a child I wanted to be a grown-up. I wanted to know everything - not that I like to talk about it. I hate intellectual conversation with intellectuals because I only care about my opinion."

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 pm

The Mueller one is the only that matters. Tbe rest is as important as preseason NFL.

Stan In Maryland
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stan In Maryland » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Agreed, although I am just slightly hopeful that the Senate Committee can actually remain civil and do something vaguely bi-partisan. I try to be optimistic that all isn't lost as it is in the House.
"As a child I wanted to be a grown-up. I wanted to know everything - not that I like to talk about it. I hate intellectual conversation with intellectuals because I only care about my opinion."

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Based on the Republican conclusion, I would like to ask the follow up

Why haven't the bipartisan sanctions been implemented?

Why hasn't the NSA been asked and authorized to investigate and prevent Russian influence operations which, independent of party, have been proven to have happened last election?

Why has the State Department used $0 of $120 million approved to fight Russian meddling?

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:51 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 pm
The Mueller one is the only that matters. Tbe rest is as important as preseason NFL.
The audacity of hope.

Here's a hint for you leftards: Even Mueller doesn't matter; unless he finds a dead girl, or a live boy.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:51 pm
Citizen Baba wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 pm
The audacity of hope.

Here's a hint for you leftards: Even Mueller doesn't matter; unless he finds a dead girl, or a live boy.
Tell Manafort that.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:06 am

So you agree that Trump didn't collude with Russia then?
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:13 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:06 am
So you agree that Trump didn't collude with Russia then?
It remains to be seen. I don’t know and neither do you.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:27 am

Oh I know.

I know because it was the topic of a book about the crushing day after of Ahilla's crushing defeat, where she and Podesta decided to blame their ignominious defeat on collusion with Russia.

It's called Shattered, btw.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 am

Right. In other words, you don’t know.