Lysenko in the Modern World

Main Course
Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Lysenko in the Modern World

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:47 am

Remember the poster child for catastrophic global warming? Tuvalu. It was sinking and shrinking into the sea because of western environmental “terrorism”. We had to change our ways.

It turns out that was all bullshit. All the experts, the UN, the Greens and the SJWs lied to you. Tuvalu is growing, not sinking. Not shrinking - growing.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/arti ... gs.USNsX14
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Re: Lysenko in the Modern World

Post by BulletPark » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:48 am

Jesus Christ.

Are you on speed?

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:47 am
Remember the poster child for catastrophic global warming? Tuvalu. It was sinking and shrinking into the sea because of western environmental “terrorism”. We had to change our ways.
No. I reckon nobody else does either, not even you.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:57 am

Nobody of even moderate intellect could reach the conclusion you have from tne data you have presented.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:25 am

I've been meaning to do another non-warming, Global Warming alert post.

It's all bullshit, leftists. Merely propaganda to fill the void of the Communist utopia that left a vacancy in your souls 25 years ago. And an attempt to fill that vacancy with more Communist goodness- the control of the means of production by the government, any government.

When your science heroes have all been busted lying about the data of their 'science' (past temperatures), do yourself a favor and call it a day. Mongs.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:31 am

I like how rightists post stories that they haven’t read and don’t understand and other rightists come along and cheer the misunderstanding.

Do you guys really think you’re free? You’re like puppets.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:26 am

Tuvalu - the little nation that could.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:34 pm

I can almost see the little beads of sweat on your upper lip when you posted this.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Dear God, you are an awful poster.
“The study findings may seem counter-intuitive given that sea level has been rising in the region over the past half century, but the dominant mode of change over that time on Tuvalu has been expansion, not erosion.”
All the experts, the UN, the Greens and the SJWs lied to you.
By saying what your linked article says.
Cretin.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:05 pm

I don't. Could you refresh my memory with a link or two? Thank you.

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:15 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:05 pm
I don't. Could you refresh my memory with a link or two? Thank you.
He didn’t have much luck taking on real posters the past couple days, so he’s retreated to strawmen.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Imagine how silly you will look when he produces half a dozen stories calling Tuvalu the poster child for catastrophic global warming.

Po? Here is your chance to make CB look silly.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:39 pm

The golden curls are bouncing!

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:17 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:26 pm
Imagine how silly you will look when he produces half a dozen stories calling Tuvalu the poster child for catastrophic global warming.

Po? Here is your chance to make CB look silly.

I don’t do that.

But you can.

Type “when will Tuvalu disappear” into Google.

Let me know what you find boys.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:30 pm

OK.
I did.
Looks like your reading list.
Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 20.27.43.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:39 pm

How could get that wrong?

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:47 pm

So I've found your nut-bar reading list and you've failed to establish your insane assertion that "All the experts, the UN, the Greens and the SJWs lied to you."

Bravo.

Scrubb
Stew Ingredient

Post by Scrubb » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:51 pm

I typed "when will tuvalu disappear" into google.

The main story that came up was from 2004. It said that Tuvalu has a lot of environmental problems and is in trouble from climate change, but that it is not necessarily going to be covered by rising sea levels or erode away - that it is as likely to expand as it is to erode; it's a dynamic sort of island.

The story also pointed out that politicians were trying to get money out of the worst offenders for emissions causing climate change, and they used the concern that rising sea levels might erode their islands away - but that was the politicians. It was very clear that the scientific community did not say it was the likely scenario.

After reading that story, I read the one linked in this OP.

They both say the same thing. So what was being said about Tuvalu in 2004, by the scientific community, is the same thing as what is being said today by the scientific community.
Boinkity_Boink isn't much of an idiot

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:55 pm

In layman terms it sounds like the rising sea levels have been of major concern to many small islands. Since they don't float, what had been occurring and was expected to continue to occur was that they would basically sink under the rising sea level.

What has happened in some cases is that some of these islands, particularly where there isn't a lot of man-made (immovable) infrastructure are actually increasing in size because they are changing shape and have increased sedimentation, particularly where reefs are being destroyed.

So scientists are learning how nature is, in some cases, reacting differently to rising sea levels caused by climate change.

This is some sort of 'gotcha' moment for our resident climate change denier? Po embarrasses himself yet again.

I only skimmed the article but will link to it in case anyone else is actually interested.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... l-islands/
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:13 pm

At least one of your stories is abut the Maldives, Po. Can you see what gives that away?

this one.

Are the Maldives getting bigger?

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:17 pm

it's an atoll people, I mean d'uh
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:29 pm

All the experts, the UN, the Greens and the SJWs lied to you.
Somebody lied.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:03 am

So despite the evidence I’ve helpfully posted - no one really thought Tuvalu was sinking or about to be wiped off the face of the earth.

All of you were too smart for that.

You didn’t believe them at the time, and your moral courage has been proved right. You all knew Tuvalu was growing and not shrinking and that this was the case all along.

Well done robots.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:06 am

You've demonstrated, yet again, that reading comprehension isn't something you excel at.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:08 am

northern_goddess wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:06 am
You've demonstrated, yet again, that reading comprehension isn't something you excel at.
Says the middle-aged cat lady..

Tell me - do you think I photoshopped those Google results?

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:09 am

I've heard his handjob technique is nothing to phone home to mom about either.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:10 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:08 am
northern_goddess wrote:

No - we think you didn't actually read any of the articles they linked to, you dumb fuck.

Here's a top tip for you to tap and type.

The roll of white paper next the toilet? It's not for blotting your lipstick.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:14 am

Weak. Slow.

Are they real headlines or not?

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:15 am

Po is right. We’ve all spent the past two years worrying desperately that Tuvalu is sinking. It’s not like he’s ascribing a belief to us and then “disproving” it.

¡Viva Tuvalu!

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:15 am

Citizen Baba wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:15 am
Po is right. We’ve all spent the past two years worrying desperately that Tuvalu is sinking. It’s not like he’s ascribing a belief to us and then “disproving” it.

¡Viva Tuvalu!
Headlines on Google search. Real or not?

*burp*

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:19 am

Perhaps you should address your concerns to the writers. It’s obvious no poster on this board ever claimed Tuvalu is sinking.

Again, addressing real posters and their beliefs makes you look like a moron, so you naturally retreat to strawmen.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:21 am

Tears!

Here's a partial list of the global warmists who should apologise for yet another fake scare, including Al Gore, of course, who in his Oscar-winning An Inconvenient Truth wailed about rising seas and claimed: "that's why the citizens of these Pacific nations have all had to evacuate to New Zealand”. Read on.

In fact, warned Al Gore in his An Inconvenient Truth, so dire was this danger that “the citizens of these Pacific nations have all had to evacuate to New Zealand”....

Take Prof Mohammed Dore, an environmental economist from Canada’s Brock University, who three years ago declared Tuvalu uninhabited already. “In fact, there is an island called Tuvalu which was completely evacuated and New Zealand accepted all the residents because of sea level rising,” he wrote, much to the surprise of the island’s 12,000 residents, who have actually doubled their number in the past three decades, there being little else to do in the middle of the ocean....

Tuvalu’s prime minister in 2003 went to the United Nations to present a bill to the guilty Westerners he insisted were causing the seas to drown his home. He really laid it on thick: “The threat is real and serious, and is of no difference to a slow and insidious form of terrorism against us.” ...

Rob Gell, the TV weatherman, ... in 2008 launched an exhibition at Melbourne’s Immigration Museum dedicated to convincing the gullible that we should take in all these soggy Tuvaluans before the waves lapped over their heads. It was virtually a “foregone conclusion” that Tuvalu would be uninhabitable “within the next 50 years”, he claimed.

Naturally, Labor signed up to the scare... It even produced a “Pacific climate change plan” which promised help to global warming “refugees” as they fled low-lying island states such as Kiribati, the Marshall Islands, and Tuvalu.

Said Labor frontbencher Anthony Albanese: “The alternative to that is to say, and I don’t think any Australian would accept this, that were going to sit by while people literally drown.”

All of which culminated in the tearful plea from Tuvalu’s delegate, Ian Fry, at the UN’s great warmist gathering at Copenhagen [in 2015]... “I woke up this morning crying, and that’s not easy for a grown man to admit ... The fate of my country rests in your hands.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andre ... 3c763a908b

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:21 am

Yeah. I bet you can find a whole bunch of other real headlines saying things like BATBOY LIVES! and HILLARY IS ALIEN NEW PROBE REVEALS

Funny how you think the press = scientific thought.

Go type out a few more hundred top tips, there's a boy.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:23 am

No global warming scientist claimed Tuvalu was sinking/disappearing.

Are you sure now? Genius.

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:25 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:23 am
No global warming scientist claimed Tuvalu was sinking.

Are you sure now?
Which poster claimed Tuvalu was sinking?

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:25 am

How do I know?

It wasn't exactly something on my Give a Shit About list.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:26 am

Citizen Baba wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:25 am
Argonheart_Po wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:23 am
No global warming scientist claimed Tuvalu was sinking.

Are you sure now?
Which poster claimed Tuvalu was sinking?
The sames ones sending Argo top tips.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:27 am

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:08 am
northern_goddess wrote:

I was referring to your analysis as to what we've all been thinking.

I don't have any cats, btw. You embarrass yourself yet again.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:28 am

Liar, we all know about your great big furry pussy.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:28 am

Wait a minute.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:28 am

northern_goddess wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:55 pm
In layman terms it sounds like the rising sea levels have been of major concern to many small islands. Since they don't float, what had been occurring and was expected to continue to occur was that they would basically sink under the rising sea level.

What has happened in some cases is that some of these islands, particularly where there isn't a lot of man-made (immovable) infrastructure are actually increasing in size because they are changing shape and have increased sedimentation, particularly where reefs are being destroyed.

So scientists are learning how nature is, in some cases, reacting differently to rising sea levels caused by climate change.

This is some sort of 'gotcha' moment for our resident climate change denier? Po embarrasses himself yet again.

I only skimmed the article but will link to it in case anyone else is actually interested.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... l-islands/
And again, for you, Po. You seem rather dim and slow and unable to comprehend this.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:29 am

BulletPark wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:28 am
Liar, we all know about your great big furry pussy.
You said you wouldn't tell anyone about that!

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:30 am

I knew you had one when you started talking about tuna!