Dish Bitch

The Richard Allan Bodine Lounge... have a drink and talk about whatever you'd like

Moderator: Moderator

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Dish Bitch

Post by ManchVegas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:02 am

So. I'm hoping EMG sees this post.

I really miss my "dish bitch" gig at the bakery / cafe. I was surpised at how much respect I got from the other guys. They truly appreciated the job I was doing. I was good at it too. I made sure the bus buckets were empty at all times. If they needed something quick I put it right through and they would make me anything for my staff meal. One young line cook was like "If you want frickin' pickles in your quesadilla you got it. Whatever you want you've got it" another one would say things like "Manch is here! You know it's gonna be a good shift when he's here!"

It was so nice and they made me feel good about myself. I wonder what the dynamic is behind that though? Is it because I was old enough to be their dad? Was it a respect thing?

Whatever it was it was much appreciated.
Ritalin Brightens Your Day!

EMG
Stew Ingredient

Re: Dish Bitch

Post by EMG » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:17 am

Hah. I really enjoyed my dish bitch job. Was the opposite on the age spectrum though, I was the youngest person working in the restaurant at 13-14 years old. But all the cooks and waiters were always super nice to me. They'd invite me out back to smoke pot and the hot waitress girls would flirt jokingly.

Since I was back of the house I also got one free meal every day, whatever I wanted. And since the restaurant was attached to a pretty famous concert venue, I'd go watch the big name bands from the VIP balcony.

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Post by ManchVegas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:27 am

Yeah, It's funny. My first job was doing dish at 14 but I was not well respected at that age. Part of it was that it 1979 and I come across as gay. Not a good combination back then. This time around was so different. I never told anyone that I was gay. I'm sure they must have assumed I was and it's not a big deal now. I truly miss the commraderie at the cafe/bakery. I made sure the line had everything they needed. They were my boys and I doted on them.

ExPat From Hell
Stew Ingredient

Post by ExPat From Hell » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:42 am

You must have been a fey thing....

I was working in a bowling alley/pool hall beginning when I was 13 or so. I became an amazing bowler and pool shark. Use to make money doing that.

Sadly I was not a fey thing, no sex until later in my teens...
Not gay as in happy. Queer as in Fuck You.

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Post by ManchVegas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Yeah, I was and the other guys let me know it big time. The waitresses were a hoot though. They were all older females. They wore these tacky orange colored polyester uniforms. Big hair, tons of make up, the whole nine yards. They were constantly trying to embarass me. I remember one woman old enough to be my mom give me a salacious look and say "Can you box up this haddock? My pussy will really appreciate it!" Lol. I was 14 fucking years old at the time. I must have turned 12 shades of pink.

It was "The Modern Restaurant" in Nashua, NH. It was open up until maybe 10 years ago. If you want a good laugh do a google image search. You'll see what a tacky shit hole it really was but they served massived quantities of old school type food and customers flocked in.