Church of Cannabis

The Richard Allan Bodine Lounge... have a drink and talk about whatever you'd like

Moderator: Moderator

Post Reply
User avatar
cuchulainn
Instigator
Posts: 29592
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:57 pm

Church of Cannabis

Post by cuchulainn » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:33 pm

After having lunch at a mediocre Vietnanese restaurant (It's Pho) my brother and I walked to the Church of Cannabis. He had to get weed for his girlfriend and since it's Wednesday and I'm on summer vacation I thought it was time to get really high. Getting high in the daytime has always been a treat for me.

Security was really lax, unlike the other two dispensaries to which I have been.

Unfortunately, photography is expressly prohibited, so I have no visual evidence of this place. The selection was mostly weed. Hollywood High Grade offers mostly edibles and vape products. I would imagine because further west on Santa Monica people make more money and are less likely to smoke weed and more likely to eat edibles or vape.
The Church of Cannabis has the lowest prices I have seen at any dispensary, but they might be operating as a religious organization selling things, because I had to join the Church of Cannabis before I entered.
If one spends more than $70, one spins a wheel of fortune.
All customers get to dab with a huge bong on the front desk which is wiped down with rubbing alcohol after each customer by an attendant.
It was my first time dabbing and it got me pretty high, perhaps the equivalent of having eaten 35mg of THC.

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10594
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by BeatRaven » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 pm

I know someone who went psychotic from dabbing -not that that's a reason not to do it.

User avatar
cuchulainn
Instigator
Posts: 29592
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:57 pm

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by cuchulainn » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:43 pm

I've been much higher. I can function at a high level whilst tripping out, so I'm not too worried about it. As for dab, it is harsh on the throat and for that reason I probably won't do it often.

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10594
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by BeatRaven » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 pm

They hid behind a dumpster and wouldn't come out. Don't let that happen to you.

I was like, fuck you, dumpster retard, but my wife prevailed.

User avatar
cuchulainn
Instigator
Posts: 29592
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:57 pm

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by cuchulainn » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Image

All that for $40.

I don’t think these edibles and the THC syrup are made with organic cane sugar.

THC syrup was a fantasy 20 years ago.

User avatar
cuchulainn
Instigator
Posts: 29592
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:57 pm

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by cuchulainn » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:25 am

I had this much mango flavored THC syrup. It has a low grade mango flavor, but it got me pretty high.
Image

$20 bottle for 500mg of THC is a good deal.

Logg
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10018
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by Logg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:16 am

I disagree with the implication that smoking pot is for the poor and vaping and eating is for the rich. Smoking it is a better and more practical high. Vaping and edibles are more of a dilettantish yuppie playground approach to weed smoking, which is probably why it's in the part of town with doggie massages and oxygen bars. Remember those?

Those edibles surprise me. I thought they had to get all the packaging that made it look like candy off the shelves by July 1.
Who knows though. The whole thing still seems pretty chaotic and provisional.

I've found one edible that I like, by a brand called Gummicares, and their entire line seems to be off the shelves for the moment, which may have something to do with the July 1 changes.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12605
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:59 am

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:01 am

A guy told me today that the marijuana business in Michoacan has gone to hell. Can't compete with legal marijuana.

User avatar
cuchulainn
Instigator
Posts: 29592
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:57 pm

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by cuchulainn » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:02 am

I had these last week. They had none of the herbal bitterness of weed butter. The orange flavor tasted natural. It being a gummy made of organic cane sugar.
Image
Image

User avatar
dBrother
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 21351
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:54 am

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by dBrother » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 am

Steve_in_Exile wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:01 am
A guy told me today that the marijuana business in Michoacan has gone to hell. Can't compete with legal marijuana.
that was the whole point of legalization.

stop all that marijuana money heading south.
.

User avatar
plumsole
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 1073
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:22 am

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by plumsole » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:34 am

Here, the Church of Cannabis is a church. Where the "holy sacrament" is cannabis, and the interior is painted with colorful murals.

Image
https://www.elevationists.org/

User avatar
Wilster
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7966
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:05 am

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by Wilster » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:59 am

Logg wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:16 am
I disagree with the implication that smoking pot is for the poor and vaping and eating is for the rich. Smoking it is a better and more practical high. Vaping and edibles are more of a dilettantish yuppie playground approhach to weed smoking, which is probably why it's in the part of town with doggie massages and oxygen
X2
Scrubb makes note of my Stew and Thorn Tree posting history: I had no issues with what you said, the problem was that I couldn't figure out what it was (you said).

Logg
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10018
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by Logg » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:22 am

cuchulainn wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:02 am
I had these last week. They had none of the herbal bitterness of weed butter. The orange flavor tasted natural. It being a gummy made of organic cane sugar.
Image
Image
I definitely prefer the sugar over the butter as well because it doesn't taste like some kind of hippie stew. I can't tell by the packaging whether this is a sativa, indica, hybrid, or cbd edible. I googled it, and the first three searches say it is currently out of stock. I wonder if the edible suppliers are going through weirdness over the July 1 switchover. I tried talking to a guy who worked at a dispensary about the changes and the availability of edibles, and he managed to talk for five straight minutes of useless jabber.

The reason I like Gummicares AM Sativa Black Cherry is that it's the only edible, for whatever reason, that has more of an energetic head high, almost like shrooms, instead of the sedating body high associated with edibles. Even the other brands of sativa gummies I've tried are more narcotic than shroomy. I don't know what the difference is, and good luck finding a stoner who can explain it.

I'm eager to look into the tinctures, because overall it seems like a better value, you get more servings in a package, and you can better control your intake. And, it probably hits you a little faster as well. But, I'm loathe to buy a whole bottle of the stuff without knowing whether it has more of a head high than a body high. I need some pro tips first.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 52790
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:27 am

Indica is the body sedative.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Logg
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10018
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by Logg » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:55 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:27 am
Indica is the body sedative.
Uh, yeah, thanks for clearing that up.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 52790
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:00 am

Logg wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:55 am
Lost Soul wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:27 am
Indica is the body sedative.
Uh, yeah, thanks for clearing that up.
You asked. Or has your THC-fried brain forgotten already?
The reason I like Gummicares AM Sativa Black Cherry is that it's the only edible, for whatever reason, that has more of an energetic head high, almost like shrooms, instead of the sedating body high associated with edibles. Even the other brands of sativa gummies I've tried are more narcotic than shroomy. I don't know what the difference is, and good luck finding a stoner who can explain it.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
plumsole
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 1073
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:22 am

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by plumsole » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:19 pm

He's comparing sativa to sativa.

Logg
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10018
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Church of Cannabis

Post by Logg » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:25 pm

plumsole wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:19 pm
He's comparing sativa to sativa.
Yes. Thank you.

"The reason I like Gummicares AM Sativa Black Cherry is that it's the only edible, for whatever reason, that has more of an energetic head high, almost like shrooms, instead of the sedating body high associated with edibles. Even the other brands of sativa gummies I've tried are more narcotic than shroomy. I don't know what the difference is, and good luck finding a stoner who can explain it."

Post Reply