And one more thing.......

The Richard Allan Bodine Lounge... have a drink and talk about whatever you'd like

Moderator: Moderator

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

And one more thing.......

Post by ManchVegas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:45 am

The real estate agent selling my house claims that the bed and breakfast won't really appeal to buyers. She's like "Most people don't care about that sort of thing, they just want a place to live."

Really? People don't like money and a chance to live rent free for the rest of their lives? I guess certain buyers with children might not want to subject them to a bunch of random strangers staying in their basement but I think it's a real asset and adds to the value of the house.

What say you?
Ritalin Brightens Your Day!

lolasf
Former showgirl

Re: And one more thing.......

Post by lolasf » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:52 am

A bed & breakfast would't be appealing, but an in-law or rental unit would. I'm buying a house, not a business. B &B sounds like too much work.

One more thing...why don't you ever read and respond to other threads? You only seem to pay attention to yours.
Things fall apart, it's scientific.

Higgs Bossom
Stew Ingredient

Post by Higgs Bossom » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:56 am

It won't appeal to some buyers. Most even, but there is smaller number of buyers to whom that will be a selling point. I have no idea how residential appraisers are treating things, but am guessing it is not reflected in appraisals. Real estate agent wants to sell the house as fast as possible and appeal to the biggest potential pool of buyers. Have you looked into listing it yourself on one of the FISBO sites?

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Post by dBrother » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:56 am

you'd sell it as a house with a granny flat here..

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Post by ManchVegas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:04 am

Thanks Lola. In the past I've been so busy with the 2 jobs etc. I couldn't even post on here. I really appreciate your honesty though. That's something that most people won't give and it really helps. You don't grow as a person if you don't get feed back like that

Thanks Higgs. I just don't have the capacity to do it on my own right now. I have enough equity that I don't mind paying a professional to do it for me. I just want to make sure that they're working for me.

dBrother. Yeah, that's what I think I should go with then.

Once again. It always pays to post here and yes Lola, you're right. I need to give back too.

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Post by ManchVegas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:19 am

Frickin' Lola. You've got me soul searching now......Damn you. LOL. I had a conversation with my God Mother and she's like "Zip it, no one want's to hear your problems!" but she's kinda right. I just feel so miserable right now and she's like "I've been picking myself up and dusting myself off since I was 13 and diagnosed with polio and had to be put and iron lung. At 19 I had a baby and miscarried. at 21 I had a hystirectomy and while I was recovering my husband walked into the hospital room and told me he was leaving me. Then he had DHHS take my children from me.

So yeah, things could be worse but I do find that I get good ideas from posting here. So I'm sorry if I'm coming across as a selfish wanker.

lolasf
Former showgirl

Post by lolasf » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:29 am

Hey, we all want to hear your problems, that's why we post on your threads! But then, we all want to have our problems (or complaints or good news or silly commentary) heard too, which is why we post threads of our own. I don't think you're selfish necessarily, just don't underestimate your ability to give advice/cheer someone up/commiserate/ participate in the other things going on, if you want to. You have a lot of life experience and a lot to share, I think.

veronica_inheels
Stew Ingredient

Post by veronica_inheels » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:29 am

its ok. we want to hear about your problems.

as to b&b, it would appeal if i was looking for a b&b.
otherwise, nope. it may even mean that the house is build/renovated weirdly.
You only get one turn on this merry-go-round of life. Chase your happiness. -Nines

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Post by ManchVegas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:37 am

Thanks Lola! I really want to get to a better point where I can help people. I'm really scared right now. I make my living from a strong back and that's been taken from me.

Thanks Veronica. It sounds like the real estate agent isn't a complete whack job then. That's what I was trying to figure out.

lolasf
Former showgirl

Post by lolasf » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:42 am

ManchVegas wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:37 am
I'm really scared right now. I make my living from a strong back and that's been taken from me.
I'd be scared too. I'm wishing you many good things, correct diagnoses, health fixes, job luck, ect..

veronica_inheels
Stew Ingredient

Post by veronica_inheels » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:46 am

she/he isnt.

same as a second unit in the house. for some it is a mortgage helper, for others unused space as they dont want tenants there.

i am one of not many people around my area with a single family house. most of my neighbours have a basement suit with tenants. i am very happy not to have anybody around. i would rather have tenants in other properties.

i ahve seen multiple houses when i was buying and few new ones, built specifically to have extra units in them and the layout bothered me. ( one suit is legal here, but many houses have two)

manch, seriously, contact a lawyer. it may be that you were let go unlawfully and the lawyer will get you compensation.
Last edited by veronica_inheels on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
You only get one turn on this merry-go-round of life. Chase your happiness. -Nines

cummy
Stew Ingredient

Post by cummy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:46 am

ManchVegas wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:37 am
I make my living from a strong back
you slut.

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Post by ManchVegas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:51 am

Thanks Lola!

Veronica. Yes, I feel much better about listing with the agent now and it wouldn't hurt to contact a lawyer.

Cummy, I'm going to have to meet men lying on my back from now on.

leela
Stew Ingredient

Post by leela » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:28 am

I really wouldn't sell unless you have no other options. And from the other thread, it seems that you might have. Talk to a lawyer first, because as someone else said, you have to live somewhere. Selling up might not release that much after costs, then finding somewhere else.
Pass the wine...

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Post by ManchVegas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:48 am

I know. I really don't want to Leela and thanks for your conern BTW. It just doesn't make sense for me to stay here and I plan to move to my sisters McMansion in Florida so I'll have my own wing.

I'm so appreciative of everyones concern and support. You really have no idea. Thank you so much and keep the ideas rolling in. I need all the help I can get at the moment. And I promise I will recipricate when I'm not a complete basket case! Lol....

Unwashed_Pom
Stew Ingredient

Post by Unwashed_Pom » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:56 am

The real estate agent selling my house claims that the bed and breakfast won't really appeal to buyers
True. We had one and it took approx. two years from the time we decided we'd had enough to getting someone's name on the dotted line. Very small demographic you're dealing with. If you decide to go ahead with selling it as a going concern the prospective buyer is going to want proof that it's a viable proposition. In other words have your books and paperwork up to date and relevant info. at hand. You don't got that, you don't got sale.

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Post by ManchVegas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:07 am

Thanks Pom. Once again I'm so glad to have posted. I was ready to dismiss the agent as a complete airhead. Looks like I might be the airhead.....or bonehead as the case may be.

Lol......can a guy be an airhead? I think that's reserved for females and bonehead is reserved for males.

Usher73
Stew Ingredient

Post by Usher73 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:35 am

I assume your Godmother grew up in pre-internet times, before communication with strangers with much diversity of knowledge and experience was possible. You should take advantage of what she couldn't.

I would follow the realtor's advice, but I would include something about BnB potential in the listing.

As far as a granny flat, if I owned the house I'd use downsrairs as a master suite and put granny upstairs

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:28 am

Your house has a self-contained unit. Great for older kids, extended families or guests. It has rental income potential too.
B&B is narrowing the field. Most people have little or no imagination.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chip_Oatley » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:26 am

Saying in-law suite is enough.

"B&B" sounds like it's zoned for commercial use, and a listing couldn't state that anyway because it's not true.

He's just talking about Airbnb stuff, for the folks answering like it's an actual Bed and Breakfast establishment.

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Post by ManchVegas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:49 pm

I actually am zoned commercial. I'm thinking about having 2 agents give me price estimates. Is that typical to have more than one come out? Do you sign with just one or can list with multiple agents?

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:52 pm

You would be a fool to see less than 3.
If there is no consensus see more.

You’ll probably pay more for multiple agency.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Post by ManchVegas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:57 pm

OK thanks. My sister is an agent in Florida, not licensed in NH, but she will deal with the agent once I've picked one.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:14 pm

dBrother wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:56 am
you'd sell it as a house with a granny flat here..
Does it have a kitchen?

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Post by ManchVegas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Vinny, no that's the one thing it does not have. There's a landing area that has a fridge, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker and electric kettle though. The laundry room is also located down there.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:18 pm

I'm not sure you could advertise it as a granny flat then.

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Post by ManchVegas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:50 pm

No, perhaps not. You guys have been a great help though in determining that the agent isn't being a sheister. She's giving good solid advice.

Thanks everyone!