How long does the good stuff last?

The Richard Allan Bodine Lounge... have a drink and talk about whatever you'd like

Moderator: Moderator

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Re: How long does the good stuff last?

Post by BulletPark » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:23 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:38 am
Onanism doesn’t count, Las, even if you tie yourself up first.
Well, that's me out.

:(

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Good stuff, we'll see. It's never before lasted, but I haven't given up on the possibility. I'm only 41. Well, 42.
I don't want no Commies in my car. No Christians, either.

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 pm

strife wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:59 pm
Good stuff, we'll see. Usually one pump, then I roll over.
Fixed that for you.

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Then I wake up, and americanjoe gets two pumps.

Stan In Maryland
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stan In Maryland » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:06 pm

I am not sure that I should be used as the relationship expert. I think at this point my wife just thinks it would be too much trouble to get rid of me and I know I could never do better.

That said, a bit of a serious answer to your question. I certainly found that the relationship changed over time and probably some with age. So dating at 18 I was totally smitten. When we were together we had almost constant physical contact; holding hands, back rub, etc. She came from a family that didn't really appreciate PDA so we weren't groping and necking in public, but some kind of contact. Funny thing is that her house was the one place that wasn't true, but that just has to do with her family.

After we were married not much changed in the way of physical affection for a few years but of course once you are living together things have to change some, I mean it would be really hard to get dressed holding hands and I don't really want to hold, or have anyone hold my, hand when someone is on the toilet.

Then I guess when we had our daughter at about year 4 of marriage things probably slowed down a bit. After all at that point your priorities shift to the child some and you are pretty exhausted, but we have always tried to make sure we save some time for ourselves as a couple.

Now, after 36 years of marriage we still try to make sure we make time. We go on trips, even if some are just overnight. We still hold hands a lot of times in the car or just walking. We both have really busy jobs at this point that include answering emails in the evenings and such and her mom had a stroke a while ago and my wife spends some time every weekend at her parents apartment but we still do little things for each other. Tonight I will be making a "special" dinner, picking up flowers and have a card for her. Her card for me was on the table this morning but I won't open it until I give her her card at dinner. By the way we still say "I love you" at least once a day, but that is kind of a family thing for us.

So I do think you have to understand that the nature of the relationship changes and accept that it will if it is really going to last. That doens't mean you don't love each other or even have the hots for each other. I do think if you see it as a problem you need to talk it out with your partner or it will just build frustration and in the long run will probably doom the relationship.

All of this said, this is just about the relationship my wife and I have, I am sure different things work for different people.
"As a child I wanted to be a grown-up. I wanted to know everything - not that I like to talk about it. I hate intellectual conversation with intellectuals because I only care about my opinion."

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:09 pm

I was in a Thai restaurant in Arlington today watching a couple, perhaps on a Valentine’s lunch date. He looked like a tall, preppie, balding rodent, but as the conversation went on she leaned in and her ample olive thighs parted. No way they could have been dating for all that long.

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:17 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:09 pm
I was in a Thai restaurant in Arlington today watching a couple, perhaps on a Valentine’s lunch date. He looked like a tall, preppie, balding rodent, but as the conversation went on she leaned in and her ample olive thighs parted. No way they could have been dating for all that long.
You know you can crash here.

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 pm

strife wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:17 pm
Citizen Baba wrote:
You know you can crash here.
I have a car, a cat, and a girlfriend, but thanks.

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:26 pm

You have your Monster back? I'm kind of rudderless without a cat around. They are Gods.

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Yeah, he’s an honorary poster as he’s always within five feet of me. Easily the best cat ever.

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:54 pm
Yeah, he’s an honorary poster as he’s always within five feet of me. Easily the best cat ever.
Cats are never good. They are mendacious creatures, full of malice. They must be appeased.

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Men talking about their cats.

Jesus H C.....

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:09 pm

We're two fortysomething men with pussies. You're a fortysomething man without a pussy. There's not much better in life than a glass of coffee, something to read, and a lazy kitty purring away on your chest.

Scrubb
Stew Ingredient

Post by Scrubb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 pm

My kitty was on my lap all morning while I was shit-posting and reading. He often just curls up in bed all day when we're home alone together so it was nice.

He also "helped" me clean the house a bit later on - by attacking my duster, getting into the closets when I opened them, and disappearing when the vacuum came out.
Boinkity_Boink isn't much of an idiot

Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chip_Oatley » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:17 am

Citizen Baba wrote:
I was in a Thai restaurant in Arlington today
Thai Square? Bangkok 54? Crystal Thai? Tara Thai?

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:17 am

Bangkok 54

guruwil
vegemite flavored maple syrup

Post by guruwil » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:12 am

My cat is sprawled beside me in the couch while I am typing demanding a tummy rub.
An it harm none, do what ye will

A duly ordained Minister of the Unversal Life Church call me Reverend.

We are all Atheists about most gods, some of us just go one god further.

judik wrote:Guruwil was right!!!!!!!!!!

jono_in_adelaide wrote:I think Guru is right on this one