Pregnancy as a trap

The Richard Allan Bodine Lounge... have a drink and talk about whatever you'd like

Moderator: Moderator

Barbarella
Stew Ingredient

Pregnancy as a trap

Post by Barbarella » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:53 am

Soooooooooo I may have spoken about where I grew up and all of us being fairly close knit still, especially my family and the next door neighbours. It probably helped there was the secondary school right behind us so all kids off the road of similar age went to same school in same classes etc. My bro's are still great friends with 3 bro's next door, thru marriages and even moving close to each other etc.

Then there was the only child up the road, lets call him Mark. Mark came from a single parent home, his dad was an alco who left them and then died. He was very quiet and shy growing up and everyone adored him. He was practically adopted by the neighbours and him and my middle brother extremely close growing up.

Our neighbours youngest daughter, lets call her Laura, since her teens, has been utterly obsessed with him. He's grown up to be a bit of a junkie/manwhore/sleazebag. She is also a bit of a slapper for amongst other things, having just ratted out her married lover to his wife when he wouldnt leave her. Her and Mark shagged at a wedding a few years ago and it got out and there was murder, her older brothers know what he's like and apparently little sisters are off limits etc. etc. etc. So now they all dont talk. My bro and him are still mates but he no longer attends any group functions as the neighbours will be at them.

Laura, after ratting out the married man, began stalking Mark again roughly 5 months ago. She said he "finally answered a text" then they started seeing each other. As I predicted she would as soon as she got her claws into him: she is now around 9 weeks pregnant. She is still at war with half her family and he hasnt even been around to see them (she still lives at home). Oh fyi, she is 29 and he is 38 (I had to beat into her that he is 38, apparently he was claiming 36 even though he was in the same year as my bro hahahahha), neither married, no other kids.

Its all dependent on him, she's wanted this forEVER. He has his own place thanks to his mother (he's a chequered work past also) but she says they're happy staying where they are at the mo. (Him in his empty house, her still in her parents). Which I find quite odd.

Does this have a chance of working?

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Re: Pregnancy as a trap

Post by dBrother » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:08 pm

yes..

Total Reject
Stew Ingredient

Post by Total Reject » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:22 pm

The story would be better if you called Mark by the name Leroy, and called Laura by the name Penelope.

Otherwise, sounds like the 2 losers were made for each other. Was anyone really expecting they would pull up their trousers and claw their way out of their own stupidity to lead productive lives?

Usher73
Stew Ingredient

Post by Usher73 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:25 pm

Way too much to read. Who did what to who?

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Post by dBrother » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:26 pm

does social security pay well for a single irish girl with a kid??

genuine question.

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:28 pm

Great. This kid is going to end up costing the state around €4,000,000 over the course of its life.
We all secretly love Fr. Tony Abbot because he makes us all look a little bit cleverer. Discuss.

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Post by dBrother » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:28 pm

Usher73 wrote:Way too much to read. Who did what to who?

its about multi-generational chavs

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Post by dBrother » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:29 pm

Iolar wrote:Great. This kid is going to end up costing the state around €4,000,000 over the course of its life.

more benefit to society as a whole, not to mention economically rational, to just drown him at birth??

(i mean seriously, I'm not being sarcastic, I agree with you)

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:30 pm

dBrother wrote:
Usher73 wrote:Way too much to read. Who did what to who?

its about multi-generational chavs

Nah, they're not "chavs". Even our riffraff have third level qualifications.

I bet that they can afford a couple of city breaks in mainland Europe and a two week holiday in the Med every year.
Last edited by Iolar on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We all secretly love Fr. Tony Abbot because he makes us all look a little bit cleverer. Discuss.

Troll_Handle
Ambivalent Chilli

Post by Troll_Handle » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Summary: a couple who've known each other since childhood have started dating 5 months ago and she's 9 weeks pregnant. They've decided not to live together, she's living with her parents. It'd be nice if one of them had a job but he has a house.

Flora's lodger worked out ok. They might be fine, certainly better off than some.

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Post by dBrother » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:35 pm

Iolar wrote:
Nah, they're not "chavs". Even our riffraff have third level qualifications.

I bet that they can afford a couple of city breaks in mainland Europe and a two week holiday in the Med every year.

Barbarella wrote:Then there was the only child up the road, lets call him Mark. Mark came from a single parent home, his dad was an alco who left them....

Our neighbours youngest daughter, lets call her Laura, since her teens, has been utterly obsessed with him. He's grown up to be a bit of a junkie/manwhore/sleazebag. She is also a bit of a slapper for amongst other things, having just ratted out her married lover to his wife when he wouldnt leave her. Her and Mark shagged at a wedding a few years ago and it got out and there was murder, her older brothers know what he's like and apparently little sisters are off limits etc. etc. etc. So now they all dont talk. My bro and him are still mates but he no longer attends any group functions as the neighbours will be at them.

Laura, after ratting out the married man, began stalking Mark again roughly 5 months ago. She said he "finally answered a text" then they started seeing each other. As I predicted she would as soon as she got her claws into him: she is now around 9 weeks pregnant. She is still at war with half her family and he hasnt even been around to see them (she still lives at home). Oh fyi, she is 29 and he is 38 (I had to beat into her that he is 38, apparently he was claiming 36 even though he was in the same year as my bro hahahahha), neither married, no other kids.

Its all dependent on him, she's wanted this forEVER. He has his own place thanks to his mother (he's a chequered work past also) but she says they're happy staying where they are at the mo. (Him in his empty house, her still in her parents).

Iolar, everthing about that is screamong "chav" to me, apart from the fact that she didn't get pregnant to a junkie until she was 29...

and even real british chavs holiday in the south of spain..

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:38 pm

Why is she broadcasting that she's nine weeks pregnant? That's very unusual, isn't it? Isn't it normal to tell people (and by people, I mean even close friends and family members) at twelve weeks?

We don't have chavs, dbrother. We have skangers. They are possibly skangers, but I don't think so.

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:42 pm

How much do you think a two week holiday in Spain costs? Hint: if you're in receipt of between £57 and £72 per week, you'll do well to afford the fare to the airport.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Flora's lodger worked out ok. They might be fine, certainly better off than some.

That's what I was going to say.

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Post by dBrother » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Iolar wrote:
We don't have chavs, dbrother. We have skangers. They are possibly skangers, but I don't think so.

sorry, shoulda used google translate, but i think we all get the gist when we say bogans, chavs, white trash, skangers, whatever..

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Post by dBrother » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Iolar wrote:

How much do you think a two week holiday in Spain costs? Hint: if you're in receipt of between £57 and £72 per week, you'll do well to afford the fare to the airport.

good money in drugs, social security fraud, and other petty crime iolar..

if they've got money for drugs then they're most likely petty crims and have got money for a ryan air flight too..

wildflower
Stew Ingredient

Post by wildflower » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:50 pm

The optimist in me wants to say it will work. The realist says why are these morons becoming parents
Wake me up, when September ends.

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Post by dBrother » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi wildflower..

Barbarella
Stew Ingredient

Post by Barbarella » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:54 pm

He is working now, crap job, she works p-t in a creche. She IS a lazy cow though. I can see her being "sick" her entire pregnancy. She actually told me at 7 wks, Christmas day to be precise. She is off the weed. She seems serene. I told her she's like the mounties, she always gets her man.

Its him I'm worried about. Bro's saw him over chrimbo and he hasnt said a word to them but I also thought it was too early to be telling me. She just cant hide her excitement. He bought her a load of prezzies though, including a hair straightener. It was a Redken but still its the thought I guess.......

Just hope he doesnt hate her family that much that he was planning to bail on her only she had other plans..........

Barbarella
Stew Ingredient

Post by Barbarella » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:55 pm

wildflower wrote:The optimist in me wants to say it will work. The realist says why are these morons becoming parents

A ghost!!! Hello Happy New Year hun!

I hope it works too, could be the making of them both........

wildflower
Stew Ingredient

Post by wildflower » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:55 pm

dBrother wrote:Hi wildflower..

Hi dBro!

wildflower
Stew Ingredient

Post by wildflower » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Barbarella wrote:
wildflower wrote:The optimist in me wants to say it will work. The realist says why are these morons becoming parents

A ghost!!! Hello Happy New Year hun!

I hope it works too, could be the making of them both........

WOOOOOOOO

(My impression of ghost)

Happy New Year Miss B. Hope you're grand, gorgeous x

Here's hoping it will. They might step up to the plate, might be the anchor they both need.

rezuar
Stew Ingredient

Post by rezuar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi wildflower!
How are you doing?
Keep an open mind but not so open your brain falls out.

Barbarella
Stew Ingredient

Post by Barbarella » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:03 pm

Enough about them, what about you WF? Whatcha doin, who ya doin, whats happenin? All good I hope X

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:03 pm

He is working now, crap job

Yes, but he's working and there's no shame in that. He has dignity.

GLimpet
Stew Ingredient

Post by GLimpet » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:08 pm

What's wrong with Redken?

Barbarella
Stew Ingredient

Post by Barbarella » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Well dunno about dignity. I realised a long time ago what no one else did. Everyone thinks he's great cos he just sits there and laughs at everything everyone says. Like, a genuine laugh. So you think you're hilarious. Its gotten him a lot of action. But he is or at least was, a total player. He was involved with this slag for 4 years then they split up but continued shagging. Then she got pregnant and had twin girls. There had to be a paternity test done. They werent his. He dodged that bullet. At least, thats what he told my bros, he was delighted. Told Laura he was devastated.....

hhhhmmmm........

My friends dont generally live the kinda lives that could be a soap storyline. These two are different. Black sheep the pair of 'em....still does having that in common make good parents?

Klara
Stew Ingredient

Post by Klara » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:15 pm

Ahh calling people chavs, bogans, and white trash, eh. Really, dBro. I thought we'd agreed to find other ways to make us feel better about ourselves.

As to Barb's friends, it might work. Why not? Stranger things have happened. I do hope they both find a good job, though. Maybe as CEOs in England.

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Post by dBrother » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

or they can come and run an aussie airline...

into the ground..

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:21 pm

Maybe as PM in Britain. They need somebody to sort the mess out that they've created for themselves.

WhosieWho
Stew Ingredient

Um

Post by WhosieWho » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:22 pm

Can we get an update on the Hoors?

Our only Oirsh sponsee (fmr.) is now working for a behemoth IT firm and has a great job and long term relationship there. Win!

None of our current sponsees really did the whole baby momma welfare thing; true one has biracial kids, but he was quite well-employed then and is now doing a delayed adolescence thing.

Not for several years now, but we've also sponsd guys -always h addicts- who get halfway house chicks preggers: they usually relapse pretty quickly tho, then od eventually.

Our New Guy seems sad! He has a neck tat (his name, in case he forgets it?) and would be our most likely candidate to get some Cluster B 1/2way hse chick pregg'd. Actually, that might not be a terrible thing for him. Who knows! Should we promote? He was just telling us about some crazy txt drama 2 days ago lol

One might assume fornicating behind a church dumpster while the AA meetg's on utterly shameless SOBER behavior but it's not so uncommon.

Are we on the same page, hon?
Last edited by WhosieWho on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This entire paragraph is just repeating Fake News. There was NO blood, NO semen and there was NO Satanism. Delete." -- The Editor

GLimpet
Stew Ingredient

Post by GLimpet » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:28 pm

dBrother wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

or they can come and run an aussie airline...

into the ground..

You're repeating union propaganda, needlessly. The Age and ABC already do a good job at that.

the reality, October 2016:

Joyce this year delivered record profits and the first dividends since 2009, and on Friday will front the airline's annual meeting in Sydney to unveil plans for growth.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/20/reuters- ... image.html

Klara
Stew Ingredient

Post by Klara » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:30 pm

Oh one of them should totes be the PM.
Barbs, call them post haste and tell them everything's going to be ok. Make sure they bin all leather trousers and start practicing the wave immediately.

GLimpet
Stew Ingredient

Post by GLimpet » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Phew. I checked ours and it's a Babybliss. OMG Redken, how awful, skangers use them.

Maybe yer man is ready to settle down. Who knows?

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Post by Iolar » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Theresa May looks like she's into leather kink. It's always the quiet, incompetent ones who are into that.

Kikilamour
Stew Ingredient

Post by Kikilamour » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:48 pm

for the life of me, i cannot understand a single thing in whosie's post. baffled. who are these people? what are sponsees?

babs, i'm always amused how wrapped up you get in other people's bidness. you never know what goes on behind closed doors. maybe they genuinely love each other. maybe she didn't trap him. <-- i find that sexist. heh.

wildflower. Hiiii!

brodie_bruce
Stew Ingredient

Post by brodie_bruce » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:52 pm

Iolar wrote:Theresa May looks like she's into leather kink. It's always the quiet, incompetent ones who are into that.

And there goes my appetite.

Still, been a while since the last Tory sex scandal......
Hard work pays off in the future; laziness pays off now.

Barbarella
Stew Ingredient

Post by Barbarella » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Kikilamour wrote:for the life of me, i cannot understand a single thing in whosie's post. baffled. who are these people? what are sponsees?

babs, i'm always amused how wrapped up you get in other people's bidness. you never know what goes on behind closed doors. maybe they genuinely love each other. maybe she didn't trap him. <-- i find that sexist. heh.

He didnt genuinely love her the first time they had sex at a mates wedding 5 years ago, she asked him out a few days after and he knocked her back. This then led to her vengeance act of telling all her bros what they'd been up to, who aint spoken to him since. Go figure. She wore him down this time. She's been texting him for years, he just gave in. He probably is ready and knew she was willing.

Its not uncommon with many people, they just hide it better than she has, preferring to make out their relationship is some fairy tale, not the result of obsessive stalking and desperation. We just dont know the long term outcome of most.

jessica_fletcher
Stew Ingredient

Post by jessica_fletcher » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Why is the responsibility of preventing a baby always on the woman?

My best mate got 'caught' by a woman who wanted a kid,when I said why didn't you use condoms if you don't want kids he went ballistic.
NA, I dont use ' when typing informally online. I gave them up in 2013.

Barbarella
Stew Ingredient

Post by Barbarella » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Kikilamour wrote:for the life of me, i cannot understand a single thing in whosie's post. baffled. who are these people? what are sponsees?

Yeah didnt quite get that myself. Does sponsee mean whosies NOT the addict? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Troll_Handle
Ambivalent Chilli

Re: Um

Post by Troll_Handle » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:15 pm

WhosieWho wrote:Are we on the same page, hon?

I'm not sure you're even in the same library right now.

Troll_Handle
Ambivalent Chilli

Post by Troll_Handle » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:19 pm

Babs - how could he "genuinely love her" after hooking up just once? Maybe the timing didn't work then and does work now. It's quite possible that he was conflicted about the twins; glad that he wasn't a father to that woman's kids but had met and liked the twins so he was sad they weren't his. People are weird, it takes a lot to know what each one is really like.

Klara
Stew Ingredient

Post by Klara » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:28 pm

I have a huge problem with the concept of "pregnancy as a trap". I'm sure there have been women who claimed to be on the pill so they could get pregnant hoping they'd be able to keep the man, but how many women are actually quite as stupid? Because there is a big difference between just wanting to have a baby no matter what and having a baby and then a child for the next 20 years just so the guy they like might stick around.

A woman does have to lie about birth control in order to "trap" a man, mind.

Barbarella
Stew Ingredient

Post by Barbarella » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:29 pm

Troll, I was responding to Kiks who coined that phrase. He's the unknown quantity here. Have no clue what he thinks about her. If she says they're both happy not living together right now, its cos he hasnt asked her to move into his spacious 3 bedroom gaf yet.

wildflower
Stew Ingredient

Post by wildflower » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:31 pm

Hey Rez! Hey Keeks! Hope you're well, ladies :)

Not much B! Working, gymming, non-committing to dudes as per ;) I should really settle down this year though, ha.

How are you guys? What's the goss with y'all?

Barbarella
Stew Ingredient

Post by Barbarella » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:31 pm

They went for the morning after pill. It "didnt work".

Most likely cos it missed her mouth. D'OH!!!

Klara
Stew Ingredient

Post by Klara » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:34 pm

So they didn't use protection. Well there you go.

Troll_Handle
Ambivalent Chilli

Post by Troll_Handle » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Barbarella wrote:They went for the morning after pill. It "didnt work".

Crikey, she's really over-sharing. Imagine the kid hearing their mother and father tried the morning after pill.

jessica_fletcher
Stew Ingredient

Post by jessica_fletcher » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:38 pm

Klara wrote:So they didn't use protection. Well there you go.

Exactly, yet its all her fault and she trapped him.
NA, I dont use ' when typing informally online. I gave them up in 2013.

wildflower
Stew Ingredient

Post by wildflower » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Barbarella wrote:They went for the morning after pill. It "didnt work".

Damn. Aren't those things like 95% effective?