OK. 'Fess up, yanks.

Berning Trumpeters vs The Establishment

Moderator: Moderator

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

OK. 'Fess up, yanks.

Post by DCComic » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:06 pm

How many of you failed to vote for Hilary because you thought enough other people would?

This shitstorm is on you as surely as if you voted for King Cheesy Wotsit yourself. It was a close two horse race. We all knew that. Failing to back horse A(H) is effectively a shoulder behind horse B(D).

Idiots.
Thanks.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

2wilzgood
Stew Ingredient

Re: OK. 'Fess up, yanks.

Post by 2wilzgood » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:13 pm

You know sweet fuck all about the US general election. Your troll will be a stinking pile with you sat squarely in its midst. You haven't the sense to not shit yourself.
I used to feel empathy for the poor. Now I just want them all to die. - ScottBaio
You will die like a dog for no good reason. - Hemingway
My efforts here are wasted - wilz

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:17 pm

1 so far then.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:24 pm

I think 2wilz votes in Maryland, which Clinton won handily.

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Voting for nobody, even in a more democratic electoral system based on proportional representation, is only half as damaging to candidate A as is voting for candidate B.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Weird, he's a Brit complaining about those who failed to vote. The turnout for the Brexit vote was 71%. ye. its higher than any other US turnout for an election but its a shocker for such a close game changing yes-no referendum. Perhaps closing the pubs early would have helped turnout

I voted, Candy.
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

Iolar
Stew Ingredient

Re: OK. 'Fess up, brits

Post by Iolar » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:37 pm

How many of you failed to vote for Bremain because you thought enough other people would?

This shitstorm is on you as surely as if you voted for Economic Destruction yourself. It was a close two horse race. We all knew that. Failing to back horse A(Bremain) is effectively a shoulder behind horse B(Brexit).

Idiots.
Thanks.
I like big quotes and I cannot lie

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Iolar wrote:How many of you failed to vote for Bremain because you thought enough other people would?

This shitstorm is on you as surely as if you voted for Economic Destruction yourself. It was a close two horse race. We all knew that. Failing to back horse A(Bremain) is effectively a shoulder behind horse B(Brexit).

Idiots.
Thanks.

Notwithstanding my proviso above, this is more apt.
I cast a proxy vote for Remain from my lair in Moscow - as did my wife. I'd be feeling a bit guilty had I not done so.

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:45 pm

At least Annotated cast a vote for Hillary.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:49 pm

In a swing state, no less.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:55 pm

simon_in_exile wrote:Voting for nobody, even in a more democratic electoral system based on proportional representation, is only half as damaging to candidate A as is voting for candidate B.

Still damaging. Still important.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:56 pm

polardude1 wrote:Weird, he's a Brit complaining about those who failed to vote. The turnout for the Brexit vote was 71%. ye. its higher than any other US turnout for an election but its a shocker for such a close game changing yes-no referendum. Perhaps closing the pubs early would have helped turnout

I voted, Candy.

Whataboutery.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:57 pm

Iolar wrote:How many of you failed to vote for Bremain because you thought enough other people would?

Idiots.
Thanks.

More whataboutery. But accurate.

Ped_Yai
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ped_Yai » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:01 pm

I live in California. There was no need for me to vote for Hillary when there were plenty of illegals willing to do the job. And for less money.
No subject on which I am called to speak is ever slighted, and if a moral lesson or a religious precept can be drawn from it, the opportunity is never allowed to pass unheeded. My constant aim is to elevate and instruct humanity.

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Ped_Yai wrote:I live in California. There was no need for me to vote for Hillary when there were plenty of illegals willing to do the job. And for less money.

Do you actually believe this, or are you just writing it for kicks?

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:05 pm

You really can't tell a joke when you see one?

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:09 pm

DCComic wrote:How many of you failed to vote for Hilary because you thought enough other people would?

This shitstorm is on you as surely as if you voted for King Cheesy Wotsit yourself. It was a close two horse race. We all knew that. Failing to back horse A(H) is effectively a shoulder behind horse B(D).

Idiots.
Thanks.

This forum is the bastard child of a travel forum. By definition the vast number of Ameriguns will thus live in blue states. Even if thry did not vote their vote would have made no difference. I think only Moe and Polardude would have made a difference and I know that Polardude voted for Hilary and can't believe that Moe would vote for that maniac Trump.

Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chip_Oatley » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Not true, Wellp.

I live in a "purple" state and voted for Hillary. The state went for Hillary.
Jim_2012 and Polardude live in a sort of swing state that went for Trump, one of the shockers.
There are plenty more.

Ignominy
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ignominy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:41 pm

My jurisdiction voted 90.48% for Hillary! Clinton. I did not, but I sure as hell didn't vote for the orange clown either. My primary motivation in voting was to break the two-party duopoly.

Is America still the only thing on TV in Pomgolia?
Je suis le champignon vénéneux qui fait vomir l'intrépide.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Ignominy wrote:My jurisdiction voted 90.48% for Hillary! Clinton. I did not, but I sure as hell didn't vote for the orange clown either. My primary motivation in voting was to break the two-party duopoly.

Yes. Straya too. I returned to Straya a couple of weeks back (back home to London for the next three months on Saturday) and there was difference between the BBC & ABC.

Ignominy
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ignominy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:06 pm

Wellpisser wrote:
Ignominy wrote:My jurisdiction voted 90.48% for Hillary! Clinton. I did not, but I sure as hell didn't vote for the orange clown either. My primary motivation in voting was to break the two-party duopoly.

Yes. Straya too. I returned to Straya a couple of weeks back (back home to London for the next three months on Saturday) and there was difference between the BBC & ABC.

So that's why you Pomgoloids are so sullen all the time.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:08 pm

The inauguration was live and the pundits are all pissing themselves over 'alternative facts'.
There's a certain amount of schadenfreude but we all know we're liable to tumble down the same rabbit hole.

But!

We have scientists working on the antidote to Brietbart.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38714404

Pravda!

Stop projecting Felix.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Ignominy wrote:
Wellpisser wrote:

So that's why you Pomgoloids are so sullen all the time.

Go fuck yourself. Better still go find a college drop out to sneer at. I find the complete meltdown by the left leaning media globally to be bizarre to say the least and the inability to get at the essence of what made Trump electable-the complete lack of self awareness-a disgrace but not all Britons are sullen and for most that are it is seasonal affective disorder.

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:17 pm

Only an American would think it's a virtue to be ignorant about what is happening outside his own country.

Ignominy
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ignominy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:18 pm

Wellpisser wrote:Go fuck yourself. Better still go find a college drop out to sneer at. I find the complete meltdown by the left leaning media globally to be bizarre to say the least and the inability to get at the essence of what made Trump electable-the complete lack of self awareness-a disgrace but not all Britons are sullen and for most that are it is seasonal affective disorder.

I'm waiting for the wheels to come off, then I'm going to Point and Laugh at the varmints who voted to revoke their own welfare as they are reduced to eating my compost.

Ignominy
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ignominy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:19 pm

temporaryhandle2 wrote:Only an American would think it's a virtue to be ignorant about what is happening outside his own country.

And an Australian wouldn't even be able to find the rest of the world on a map of the world.

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Ignominy wrote:
Wellpisser wrote:Go fuck yourself. Better still go find a college drop out to sneer at. I find the complete meltdown by the left leaning media globally to be bizarre to say the least and the inability to get at the essence of what made Trump electable-the complete lack of self awareness-a disgrace but not all Britons are sullen and for most that are it is seasonal affective disorder.

I'm waiting for the wheels to come off, then I'm going to Point and Laugh at the varmints who voted to revoke their own welfare as they are reduced to eating my compost.

And if they don't? I'll be blunt I have a huge amount of sympathy with his neo Keynesian approach to kick starting the economy, I think it morally corrosive to have interest rates so low (penalising thrift to bail out feckless bankers) and I want free and fair trade not exploitative trade. I want laws made by the people's representatives for the people not by vested interests to protect those same interests. I have absolutely no doubt that Trump cannot deliver any of this but until the left tries he is going to keep stealing the traditional left positions and mixing them with the people's natural honest patriotism.

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:26 pm

Wellpisser you have been on fire the last couple of days.

I've really enjoyed reading your posts.

Ignominy
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ignominy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Wellpisser wrote:And if they don't? I'll be blunt I have a huge amount of sympathy with his neo Keynesian approach to kick starting the economy, I think it morally corrosive to have interest rates so low (penalising thrift to bail out feckless bankers) and I want free and fair trade not exploitative trade. I want laws made by the people's representatives for the people not by vested interests to protect those same interests. I have absolutely no doubt that Trump cannot deliver any of this but until the left tries he is going to keep stealing the traditional left positions and mixing them with the people's natural honest patriotism.

The orange clown doesn't have an approach to the economy, because he doesn't have any positions or principles. If he manages to keep the wheels on, I will be wrong, and okay with that. This populist thing he's been riding is creepy. It's beyond retarded not to want to be ruled by elites. For the same reason that I don't want Cletus the high-school dropout to operate on my hiatal hernia, I don't want his brother-cousin-nephew Buford to run my country.

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Ignominy wrote:
temporaryhandle2 wrote:Only an American would think it's a virtue to be ignorant about what is happening outside his own country.

And an Australian wouldn't even be able to find the rest of the world on a map of the world.

You have no proof of that, Babyboy, whereas you constantly prove my statement. Stop crowing. You sound like a recently hatched rooster.

Ignominy
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ignominy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:36 pm

Indignant suburban churchlady with No Own Life, leave my Beloved Thread Immediately. Go pray or something like that.

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:37 pm

Sad!

Ignominy
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ignominy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:39 pm

Immediately.

RedsailsII
Stew Ingredient

Post by RedsailsII » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:43 pm

I live in California and voted for Jill Stein because I traded votes with my scatterbrained brother, a prof. of physics in Colorado. Colorado was a swing state, so my Hillabeast vote counted for more there.

Was shocked by the election result. I didn't expect the trailer trash to get off the sofa and head for the polls. I though the opiates would make them forget about the election.

Ignominy
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ignominy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:45 pm

Final Warning

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:46 pm

Ignominy wrote:Immediately.

You're so cute!

Why don't you find a sensible girl and settle down? I keep hoping for you, sweetie.

Seriously

ASQ
Stew Ingredient

Post by ASQ » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:56 pm

Me. But i live on california and haven't voted for president since i was 18. I couldn't even stomach Mr. Aleppo.

Ignominy
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ignominy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:58 pm

temporaryhandle2 wrote:
Ignominy wrote:Immediately.

You're so cute!

Why don't you find a sensible girl and settle down? I keep hoping for you, sweetie.

Seriously

What on earth would a sensible girl be doing with me?

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:52 pm

I sent my ballot in!! Vote early! Vote often!!
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:11 pm

simon_in_exile wrote:
Ped_Yai wrote:I live in California. There was no need for me to vote for Hillary when there were plenty of illegals willing to do the job. And for less money.

Do you actually believe this, or are you just writing it for kicks?

Oh he believes it. He once saw a letter to his sister's brother's cousin-in-law's aunt proving it.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

Wellpisser
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wellpisser » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:02 am

Ignominy wrote:
Wellpisser wrote:And if they don't? I'll be blunt I have a huge amount of sympathy with his neo Keynesian approach to kick starting the economy, I think it morally corrosive to have interest rates so low (penalising thrift to bail out feckless bankers) and I want free and fair trade not exploitative trade. I want laws made by the people's representatives for the people not by vested interests to protect those same interests. I have absolutely no doubt that Trump cannot deliver any of this but until the left tries he is going to keep stealing the traditional left positions and mixing them with the people's natural honest patriotism.

The orange clown doesn't have an approach to the economy, because he doesn't have any positions or principles. If he manages to keep the wheels on, I will be wrong, and okay with that. This populist thing he's been riding is creepy. It's beyond retarded not to want to be ruled by elites. For the same reason that I don't want Cletus the high-school dropout to operate on my hiatal hernia, I don't want his brother-cousin-nephew Buford to run my country.

What is wrong with being an enocomic pragmatist rather than being wedded to a political ideology? As an outlook it has certainly helped the Chinese in the past 20 years. Trump won't do ideology, he will do what he thinks is smart. It may not be in the long run but at least he won't be tied to an idea on the basis of ideology. He is an anti neo-con. There was a time when you thought that that might be a Good Thing.

Ignominy
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ignominy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Wellpisser wrote:What is wrong with being an enocomic pragmatist rather than being wedded to a political ideology? As an outlook it has certainly helped the Chinese in the past 20 years. Trump won't do ideology, he will do what he thinks is smart. It may not be in the long run but at least he won't be tied to an idea on the basis of ideology. He is an anti neo-con. There was a time when you thought that that might be a Good Thing.

His 'pragmatism' consists of doing whatever it takes for Trump to get ahead, usually at great expense to everyone else. In this case, he harnessed the cultural and economic resentments of the varmint white-trash vote. Witness the glorious posting of a groupie like Annotated, who cares about nothing beyond injuring the people he considers 'elite,' who make him feel small and insecure. If someone wearing shoes and drinking a latte asked him not to cut off his own thumb, he'd cut them both off and declare Victory.

Trump never thought he'd be elected president, has no plan, and doesn't even know what he wants to do.

We're fucked.