New Director of Cybersecurity

Berning Trumpeters vs The Establishment

Moderator: Moderator

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

New Director of Cybersecurity

Post by 5waldos » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Apparently this will be Barron Trump who has been advising Papa Trump on how insecure computers are. The suggestion is that we go back to paper and couriers. Perhaps carrier pigeons. Or Harry Potter owls might be a modern update.

avalon_
Stew Ingredient

Re: New Director of Cybersecurity

Post by avalon_ » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Carrier puppies! Let's get those dogs out of shelters and give them a job.

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Trump is a walking 404 page...brain not found
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:39 pm

Carrier puppies! Love it. Mail and brandy- great job.

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:44 pm

Morse code is BACK!
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:58 pm

1945 here we come!

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:00 pm

incognita wrote:Trump is a walking 404 page...brain not found

ha!

NorthAmerican
Stew Ingredient

Post by NorthAmerican » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:17 pm

He said the other day that he knows things others don't know. Was that a veiled reference to the security briefings he has received, or was he implying that he knows more than the CIA and FBI do?

Cartoonist Clay Bennett poked a little fun at Trump on Friday:

I enjoy reading NorthAmerican's posts. So well-written and interesting except for the dull parts.--Nines

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Love it!!
And I wondered too.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:03 pm

So did Kevin Drum.

Happy New Year!

Here is the president-elect of the United States on the last day of the old year, offering his skepticism that Russia was behind the hacks of the DNC and other political organizations during the election:

“I just want them to be sure because it’s a pretty serious charge,” Mr. Trump said of the intelligence agencies....He added: “And I know a lot about hacking. And hacking is a very hard thing to prove. So it could be somebody else. And I also know things that other people don’t know, and so they cannot be sure of the situation.”

When asked what he knew that others did not, Mr. Trump demurred, saying only, “You’ll find out on Tuesday or Wednesday.”

Here's what I think Donald Trump knows about hacking: nothing. In movies, the stereotypical hacking nerd can blow through any cyber defense in about 30 seconds of whirlwind typing. So this is what Trump believes: There are lots of 19-year-old kids who can type furiously for about 30 seconds and break into any computer in the world.

I don't imagine anyone is going to argue with me about that, so let's move on to Trump's statement that he knows things "that other people don't know." Intriguing! What could that be?

Well, America's intelligence agencies think Russia is behind the hacking, so Trump doesn't have any secret knowledge from them. Where else could he have gotten it? There are two obvious possibilities. The first is that Trump's team did it, and he's going to confess on Tuesday (or Wednesday). Wouldn't that be great? The second possibility is that Putin has provided Trump with some kind of plausible misdirection, which he's going to parrot on Tuesday (or Wednesday).

Actually, of course, there's a third possibility, and it's the most likely of all: Trump is just blathering as usual, and he will provide no new information on either Tuesday or Wednesday. He's just playing the press the way he always does, and we'll all turn out for the show, just like we did for the birther show in September.

We've got at least four years and 20 days of this stuff still ahead of us, folks. Take a deep breath.

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:30 am

Send a raven. Winter is coming.
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

StanDeManII
Stew Ingredient

Post by StanDeManII » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:03 pm

Jimmy Carter entrusts secrets to snail mail: NSA might monitor his email

Former American president is aware his emails could be monitored by US intelligence agencies excessively “liberalized” under President Obama so he prefers to send letters via ‘snail mail’ to ensure the privacy of correspondence.

In an interview with the NBC TV channel dedicated to the publication of his new book, ‘A Call to Action: Women, Religion, Violence, and Power’, 89-year-old Jimmy Carter said he does not trust electronic communications because they could be monitored.

“You know, I have felt that my own communications are probably monitored,” Carter told NBC's Andrea Mitchell.

“When I want to communicate with a foreign leader privately, I type or write a letter myself, put it in the post office and mail it,” continued Carter in an interview aired on Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“Old fashioned snail mail,” Andrea Mitchell commented.

“Yeah. Because I believe if I send an email, it will be monitored,” the 39th American president confessed.

Last June, Jimmy Carter said in an interview with CNN that “the invasion of human rights and American privacy has gone too far.”

In July, he expressed support for Edward Snowden, saying that “America has no functioning democracy at this moment”.

Jimmy Carter accused the NSA and other US intelligence agencies of abusing the very idea of ensuring homeland security through gathering intelligence.

“That has been extremely liberalized and, I think, abused by our own intelligence agencies,” Carter said.
https://www.rt.com/usa/jimmy-carter-nsa-email-773/
Godjira:
Imagine? This cheap ass prick tries to stuff one of his overside dumps down the toilet,then the toilet floods,causing a rain of Stan-Stool beer vomit and water over the elderly couple downstairs.. and then charge for his substandard work.