Obama says he would have beaten Trump

Berning Trumpeters vs The Establishment
SeamusMcCool
Stew Ingredient

Re: Obama says he would have beaten Trump

Post by SeamusMcCool » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Is Trump really being praised in contrast to Hilary getting understandably upset in private? The man who gets publicly trolled weekly by a Saturday night sketch show?

I would doubt anybody's sincerity if they said they wouldn't be upset about having their career come to an end in favour of an unqualified fool of a man.
Moethebartender wrote: "No doubt funded by the nigrah's and the joos."

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:43 pm

VinnyD wrote:
nycfellow wrote:Vinny - I know how the process works. But the party itself determines the process, and that gives them a lot of power. I don't know, or care, how much the DNC tilt against Bernie mattered. The party works out its mechanism. It's not required to be democratic.

Right. The party, at the convention, determines the process for the next time. The DNC does not. The 2016 process was not designed to smooth the way for Hillary Clinton.

You're lying to yourself again, Vinny.

Unless you think collusion between the DNC and one candidate was not designed to smooth the way for Hillary Clinton.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:02 pm

nycfellow wrote:Vinny - I know how the process works. But the party itself determines the process, and that gives them a lot of power. I don't know, or care, how much the DNC tilt against Bernie mattered. The party works out its mechanism. It's not required to be democratic.
nyc, were you a Bernie supporter? sounds like it. i dont think you were around when we were having the fierce primary debates. i was not a Bernie supporter.

i've always wondered if Bernie may have done better as an independent this time...maybe the time was even more right than it was even for Nader, who was a total joke, imo. in any case, Bernie chose to use the Democratic party as his vehicle, reaped the benefits from the caucuses, which made it seem like he was doing better than he actually was (giving him more bang per supporter than Hillary), and then continued to bash the Party as he campaigned. it was his choice to run on the Dem ticket.
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

nycfellow
Stew Ingredient

Post by nycfellow » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:41 pm

I voted for Bernie in the primary, but I wouldn't have if he had had any chance of winning NY State. I liked a bunch of the things he talked about, but did not want to see him as president. Look my point is simply that Bernie was an anti-establishment candidate. It would be unrealistic to expect that the establishment that he was anti- was going to do anything other than its best to obstruct him. It may or may have been effective, but it wasn't illegal and it's natural.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:07 pm

It is also the case that he had never been a Democrat until the day he announced his candidacy. One cannot be surprised that the Democratic National Committee prefers Democrats to non-Democrats.

Right_Turn
Evil Overlord

Post by Right_Turn » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:00 pm

I think Obama would have definitely beaten Trump.

Hillary was a bad candidate and a poor campaigner.

Obama was not.

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:00 am

nycfellow wrote:I voted for Bernie in the primary, but I wouldn't have if he had had any chance of winning NY State. I liked a bunch of the things he talked about, but did not want to see him as president. Look my point is simply that Bernie was an anti-establishment candidate. It would be unrealistic to expect that the establishment that he was anti- was going to do anything other than its best to obstruct him. It may or may have been effective, but it wasn't illegal and it's natural.
i understand, by my point was that he was being hosted by the Democratic Party, which he invited himself into. he had never been a Democrat. you seem comfortable with saying "obstruct him", but you do not mention that he was complaining about a Party which he had not previously been a member of. he crashed the Party, and then complained that he didnt like the music. at least Nader was consistently anti-establishment.

i guess we are agreeing. but i am not comfortable with your word "obstruct" because it suggests there was physical blocking of his campaign and denying of votes in the election process. and i don't believe that.

nycfellow
Stew Ingredient

Post by nycfellow » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:34 pm

Korgy - I think we are indeed agreeing. I mean "obstruct" in a generic sense of putting up whatever barriers they can. I haven't seen anything to suggest that they were in fact able to do all that much.

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:36 pm

ok, got it.

Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chip_Oatley » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:04 am

avalon_ wrote:That video has nothing to do with Clinton's reaction to losing the election. Anyway, I think it would be natural to have a big reaction or emotional break down after such a loss. Imagine the time and effort put into not only the campaign, but her career. And to lose to such a buffoon.
The assertion that she doesn't demonstrate self control in general and wouldn't when faced with Putin, is absurd. There is only evidence, and years of it, to the contrary.

The one that's been elected is the thinnest skinned politician and human being I've ever seen. He completely lacks self control and there is real evidence of it daily.

Exactly.

And Hillary's never running for POTUS again.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:33 pm

Chip_Oatley wrote: And Hillary's never running for POTUS again.

Let us give thanks to Trump, again.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

WhosieWho
Stew Ingredient

Martha Coakley lost to an UNKNOWN, Scott Brown

Post by WhosieWho » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Chip_Oatley wrote:And Hillary's never running for POTUS again.

Don't be so sure. The PsychoB*tch Brigade never gets the memo, hon.

Hil's a national Martha Coakley. Martha lost much the same way to a nobody: same entitlement complex.
Then she lost AGAIN to another Who? Charlie Baker.

Hilary lost to a What?! Donald Trump.

To every woman losing the next four years...
"Thank you Emily's List!"
"This entire paragraph is just repeating Fake News. There was NO blood, NO semen and there was NO Satanism. Delete." -- The Editor

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Mommy really did a number on you, hunh, whosie.

Bates Motel i guess.