korgy
Stew Ingredient

Obama says he would have beaten Trump

Post by korgy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:46 pm

from Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... f1d0f5fe3e

President Obama says he would have beaten Trump
By Michael Kranish December 26 at 1:02 PM

President Obama said in an interview released Monday that he would have beaten Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump “if I had run again,” delivering an implicit criticism of Hillary Clinton's campaign, which he said acted too cautiously out of a mistaken belief that victory was all but certain.

“If you think you're winning, then you have a tendency, just like in sports, maybe to play it safer,” Obama said in the interview with former adviser and longtime friend David Axelrod, a CNN analyst, for his “The Axe Files” podcast. The president said Clinton “understandably . . . looked and said, well, given my opponent and the things he's saying and what he's doing, we should focus on that.”

Obama stressed his admiration for Clinton and said she had been the victim of unfair attacks. But, as he has in other exit interviews, he insisted that her defeat was not a rejection of the eight years of his presidency. To the contrary, he argued that he had put together a winning coalition that stretched across the country but that the Democratic Party and the Clinton campaign had failed to follow through on it.

“I am confident in this vision because I'm confident that if I — if I had run again and articulated it — I think I could've mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it,” the president said.

“See, I think the issue was less that Democrats have somehow abandoned the white working class, I think that's nonsense,” Obama said. “Look, the Affordable Care Act benefits a huge number of Trump voters. There are a lot of folks in places like West Virginia or Kentucky who didn't vote for Hillary, didn't vote for me, but are being helped by this . . . The problem is, is that we're not there on the ground communicating not only the dry policy aspects of this, but that we care about these communities, that we're bleeding for these communities.”

Clinton spokesman Brian Fallon said via email that the campaign declined to comment.

Axelrod, in an interview with The Washington Post, said he believed Obama went further than he had before in critiquing Clinton's campaign.

“This was all in service of making the point that he believes that his progressive vision and the vision he ran on is still a majority view in this country,” Axelrod said. “He chooses to be hopeful about the future.”

[Michelle Obama gave a somber exit interview to Oprah Winfrey]

Axelrod did not press Obama on many of the most controversial parts of his presidency, such as not taking action to prevent the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people in Syria. Such friendly interviews have become a hallmark of Obama's presidency, whether with friends, or comedians, or YouTube hosts. Nonetheless, the president, who has done relatively few interviews with mainstream media organizations, repeated his long-stated complaint that the media has filtered his message and that he is subject to unfair criticism by outlets such as Fox News.

Obama stressed that he doesn't plan to get involved in day-to-day responses to a Trump presidency, just as former president George W. Bush has remained mostly on the sidelines during the Obama years. But Obama made clear that he will be more of an activist in the long run. He said he plans to help mobilize and train a younger generation of Democratic leaders and will speak out if his core beliefs are challenged. He also said he is working on writing a book.

His post-presidential “long-term interest,” Obama said, is “to build that next generation of leadership; organizers, journalists, politicians. I see them in America, I see them around the world — 20-year-olds, 30-year-olds who are just full of talent, full of idealism. And the question is how do we link them up? How do we give them the tools for them to bring about progressive change? And I want to use my presidential center as a mechanism for developing that next generation of talent.” He said he didn't want to someone “who's just hanging around reliving old glories.”

Obama blamed some of his problems during his presidency on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), a longtime adversary who famously said in 2010: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.” McConnell failed in that goal, but Obama said his nemesis was successful in blocking many of his initiatives and setting the groundwork for Trump's victory.

McConnell's strategy from a “tactical perspective was pretty smart and well executed.” The Republican leader found ways to “just throw sand in the gears” in a manner that fed into people's beliefs that things were going badly. Obama said that, as a result, Republicans blocked action that could have helped more people recover from the Great Recession. The strategy, Obama maintained, was that “if we just say no, then that will puncture the balloon, that all this talk about hope and change and no red state and blue state is — is proven to be a mirage, a fantasy. And if we can — if we can puncture that vision, then we have a chance to win back seats in the House.”

A McConnell spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Re: Obama says he would have beaten Trump

Post by korgy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:48 pm

" 'The Axe Files' podcast."

anyone familiar with this? never knew it existed.

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:06 pm

korgy wrote:" 'The Axe Files' podcast."

anyone familiar with this? never knew it existed.

Yes. Been listening for several months now. I like some interviews better than others. But Axe is a great host, very convivial and informal.

Ironically, I tend to avoid Obama interviews in general because they're so packaged and scripted, but maybe this one will be different.

My personal favorite Axe File from the past five or six weeks would be the interview with Steve Kerr, head coach of the Warriors. A great one with Bill Walton sometime back, too.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:16 pm

Steve Kerr is Tucson royalty.

He was a yut playing for the Wildcats when the Mooslums murdered his father in Beirut. The Scum Devils of Tempe got wind of this and the fans started chanting "Where's your daddy" while he was on the bench. So Lute Olson stuck him in the game, where he hit nothing but net the rest of the game and we creamed them. He went on to be the best long range shooter in NCAA and NBA history.

I was sad to see how leftardic he is, but I guess there is something in the water there.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:21 pm

Lost Soul wrote:Steve Kerr is Tucson royalty.

He was a yut playing for the Wildcats when the Mooslums murdered his father in Beirut. The Scum Devils of Tempe got wind of this and the fans started chanting "Where's your daddy" while he was on the bench. So Lute Olson stuck him in the game, where he hit nothing but net the rest of the game and we creamed them. He went on to be the best long range shooter in NCAA and NBA history.

I was sad to see how leftardic he is, but I guess there is something in the water there.

Interesting. I never heard that about the chant. He mentions in the interview that he wasn't even really recruited out of high school. He only had something like two offers, and the Az. offer was based on some summer ball he was playing. In other words, he really had no idea he would have a distinguished college career, let alone the pros, and he was bummed that his dad didn't get to see it because it would have surprised them both.

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:48 pm

thanks Logg for the Axe review.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Olson didn't even want him, but had space for one more scholarship when a recruit dropped out. Kerr's HS coach in San Diego knew Olson and suggested Kerr.

Kerr was crying on the bench in Tempe when Olson put him in the game-he wasn't a starter then. Then he became a starter. After that, every basket he made the announcer would say "Steve Kerr" and the 14,000 fans in Tucson would repeat in unison "Steeeeve Kerr". Then he won five NBA titles, one of which was due to his last second 3-pointer. It was Jordan's last. In the timeout, Chicago made a last second play for Jordan to shoot. Right before inbounding to him, Jordan told Kerr to look for the ball if he was doubled. Bam, nothing but net.

IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Kilombo
Stew Ingredient

Post by Kilombo » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:05 pm

I am sure Obama is right about that
Prost!

VinceFoster
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinceFoster » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:15 pm

When you look at who showed up and who stayed home during the 2012 and 2016 elections, it appears to line up with what Obama is saying. At least in terms of a failure to go to the polls for the Democrats. The numbers were virtually unchanged of the other side of the aisle.

No way to know how much of that is on Obama's 8 years vs a lack of enthusiasm (or worse) for Hillary.

Did Trump win the election, or did Hillary and/or the Obama adminstration lose it?

When I look at Trump's numbers versus that of super white guy Mitt Romney, and then compare those results to those of their opponents...

whatever happened seems to have occurred in the blue camp.

Was there a deep streak of racism there?

Would be strange after that same party got Obama elected twice.

Was there a deep streak of misogyny there?

I'm not sure that squares with the success that Bernie Sanders was having in democratic primaries.

Part of me wants to say that the system was weak after years of only admitting insiders, a philistine reality show blow hard got in and took the game away through his willingness to say anything to win. But that guy's numbers don't blow away those of Mitt Romney.

So what gives?

Hillary/Obama only had to beat the least qualified candidate to ever run for president of the US.

They failed.
I'm so excited you decided
to come over and beg.

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:33 pm

Narcissistic craphead. Glad he's finished m

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:40 pm

VinceFoster wrote:Hillary/Obama only had to beat the least qualified candidate to ever run for president of the US.
this is a silly characterization. obviously, Americans who voted Trump were not voting for qualifications.

when you get right down to it, the most likely person to take down Trump was in fact Hillary -- on either side. we saw how she did in the debates against him, and how her numbers went up after each debate. we saw how easily Trump took down his opponents on the GOP side.

she may have made a few mistakes, but in retrospect, i have not seen any argument for any person that would have been more capable of taking down this cretin.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:50 pm

It proves republican voters are more loyal than democratic ones.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:56 pm

korgy wrote:when you get right down to it, the most likely person to take down Trump was in fact Hillary -- on either side.

Of course she was. Trump was simply unfuckinstopable. No one could have beaten him, it was an impossible task.

What a fuck nugget.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Really, trump threaded the needle in his clumsy way. So many things had to go his way to pull this off starting with the ineptitude of his republican opponents.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Awwwwww, somebody got their widdle feelings hurt...

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 33m33 minutes ago
President Obama said that he thinks he would have won against me. He should say that but I say NO WAY! - jobs leaving, ISIS, OCare, etc.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:27 pm

Moethebartender wrote:
korgy wrote:when you get right down to it, the most likely person to take down Trump was in fact Hillary -- on either side.
Of course she was. Trump was simply unfuckinstopable. No one could have beaten him, it was an impossible task.
What a fuck nugget.
of course, Moe can't back up his typical Trumpian juvenile attacks with an example on either side of someone who obviously to everyone would have taken down Trump.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:42 pm

On the other hand, the forum's most rigid partisan hack might have a difficult time demonstrating that Hillary! was obviously the best one to take down Trump. Seeing as she failed miserably to do so, i should add. My god are you fucking clueless.

Trump - The unstoppable force! Yeah, run with that one, you inbred serial hamster molester.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:46 pm

of course, Moe can't back up his typical Trumpian juvenile attacks with an example on either side of someone who obviously to everyone would have taken down Trump.

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:51 pm

VinceFoster wrote:When you look at who showed up and who stayed home during the 2012 and 2016 elections, it appears to line up with what Obama is saying. At least in terms of a failure to go to the polls for the Democrats. The numbers were virtually unchanged of the other side of the aisle.

No way to know how much of that is on Obama's 8 years vs a lack of enthusiasm (or worse) for Hillary.

Did Trump win the election, or did Hillary and/or the Obama adminstration lose it?

When I look at Trump's numbers versus that of super white guy Mitt Romney, and then compare those results to those of their opponents...

whatever happened seems to have occurred in the blue camp.

Was there a deep streak of racism there?

Would be strange after that same party got Obama elected twice.

Was there a deep streak of misogyny there?

I'm not sure that squares with the success that Bernie Sanders was having in democratic primaries.

Part of me wants to say that the system was weak after years of only admitting insiders, a philistine reality show blow hard got in and took the game away through his willingness to say anything to win. But that guy's numbers don't blow away those of Mitt Romney.

So what gives?

Hillary/Obama only had to beat the least qualified candidate to ever run for president of the US.

They failed.

The expected coalition of voters didn't turn up for some reason, whether misogyny or racism or something else. Had enough of those voters turned up, Hillary would have won and we would be having a very different discussion about how the Republicans might be through as a party. But it's hard to gloat about the disappearing white male dinosaurs when your own constituents can't be arsed to show up.

On a much more macro scale, it's rare for a two-term president's party to win a third consecutive term, and people were describing this as a 'change' election from the get-go. So there is that basic template happening regardless of the candidates. In that sense, it would have been highly unusual for the Dems to clean-up in this election, although that is precisely what we expected.

It's interesting to reexamine Obama's last term in this new light. For awhile, people were talking about all the progressive changes that were taking place everywhere from the Supreme Court's ruling on gay marriage to the new liberal Pope. And people (including me) described the Republicans as imploding while Obama sidestepped them and went on with his business. The chips seemed to be lining up Obama's way rather than the Republicans' way.

Now, as the most Republican lineup of state and federal government institutions welcomes a Republican president, and the idea that all of Obama's achievements can be summarily overturned looms ominously, it might look like what we actually had was a president who was way out ahead of what the American mainstream actually wanted.

What masked that symptom might be Obama's likability. What flies in the face of everything I just said is that Obama is exiting with some of the highest approval ratings ever. Obama is likable on a personal level. His administration was the most scandal-free that I can ever remember, and personally he was scandal-free as well as the First Family.

People tried to delegitimize him, but it was in vain, because there was nothing negative that they could sink their teeth into. Usually there's a scandal or a character issue that you can grab onto and extend to political issues, but you really couldn't get a toehold with Obama. So all criticism, whether legitimate or not, tended to look like just a bunch of cranks, and was too easily swept under the rug.

Politically, putting on the brakes after a very progressive 2-term president would be perfectly normal. The only thing is, you would hope for some sort of Democratic firewall in the Senate or at least the House or the states to maintain some checks and balances.

Instead you have a wildcard president who is really beholden to no ideology or platform, along with a top to bottom Republican nationwide slate. If there were at least a Democratic firewall in the Senate, then the Republicans and Trump would still have to battle through their differences, and Trump's many problematics would be kept under the spotlight by the Dems, forcing the Republicans in the House and Senate to publicly take sides between Trump and 'decency' on many issues.

But as it is, the Republicans have this very special opportunity of controlling everything, so instead all they really have to is find out where their interests and Trump's overlap, which shouldn't be hard at all, and go to town with that. The rare opportunity for one party to get so much done will likely outweigh almost any of the decency issues that gave so many Republicans pause about Trump.

VinceFoster
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinceFoster » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:50 am

korgy wrote:
VinceFoster wrote:Hillary/Obama only had to beat the least qualified candidate to ever run for president of the US.
this is a silly characterization. obviously, Americans who voted Trump were not voting for qualifications.

What were the team blue no-shows not voting for when they decided to stay home or when they left the presidential vote blank at the voting booths?

That seems like a more relevent point to ponder.

Why did they flock to the polls to defeat Mitt Romney and stay home when "the best candidate" needed their vote to defeat Orange Hitler?
to come over and beg.

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:13 am

you seem confused Vince. Hillary bested Trump by over 2.8 million votes.

VinceFoster
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinceFoster » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:29 am

Then everything went to plan I guess.
to come over and beg.

Ignominy
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ignominy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:30 am

korgy wrote:you seem confused Vince. Hillary bested Trump by over 2.8 million votes.

And look where that got her.
Je suis le champignon vénéneux qui fait vomir l'intrépide.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:45 am

Ignominy wrote:
korgy wrote:you seem confused Vince. Hillary bested Trump by over 2.8 million votes.

And look where that got her.

She gets to hug random women on the Chappaqua dog paths. For a lezbo, it's something.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Usher73
Stew Ingredient

Post by Usher73 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:56 am

I didn't read any of the bloated crap above.

Why didn't Obama use his powers to make Clinton win?

Usher73
Stew Ingredient

Post by Usher73 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:56 am

I didn't read any of the bloated crap above.

Why didn't Obama use his powers to make Clinton win?

Usher73
Stew Ingredient

Post by Usher73 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:57 am

I blame mutha for the double post.

WhosieWho
Stew Ingredient

obama sez

Post by WhosieWho » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:22 am

President Obama said in an interview released Monday that he could have beaten Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump “if I had run again.”

Idiotic comment. He couldn't have run again, as NinnyD should point out. But won't.
Obama repeatedly bragged this election was a referendum on HIS Presidency, lol and you forgot that already? clueless kid, that Affirmative Action President.

Has the national Martha Coakley - "My Turn!" - and the PsychoB*tch Brigade already started fundraising her next campaign? Korky and ilk are obviously still supporters, yay!

Losars.
"This entire paragraph is just repeating Fake News. There was NO blood, NO semen and there was NO Satanism. Delete." -- The Editor

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Re: obama sez

Post by korgy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:34 pm

Psychobitch wrote:
Obama repeatedly bragged this election was a referendum on HIS Presidency
totally irrelevant to the OP. Obama's approval rating is at 54%. whether or not he considered a Hillary win or loss to be a referendum on his own Presidency has nothing to do with whether or not he himself would have won.

Lavite
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lavite » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm

There is no education in the second kick of the mule.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:01 pm

He gives narcissists a bad name.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

nycfellow
Stew Ingredient

Post by nycfellow » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Yeah, I'm disappointed that Obama said that, even though he's probably right. I've never figured out why there are so many people who just hate Hillary, even though she seems like just a pretty standard politician to me. But they do, and that's been known for a long time. And the DNC should have thought about that a little.

Ignominy
Stew Ingredient

Post by Ignominy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Obama would've beaten Trumpelstiltzkin in a landslide, but it was a mistake for him to say so.
Je suis le champignon vénéneux qui fait vomir l'intrépide.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:37 pm

It was a weird thing for him to say and had no purpose or value.

That being said... Trump says stupid shit almost every time he opens his mouth and his supporters don't seem to care.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:34 pm

nycfellow wrote:Yeah, I'm disappointed that Obama said that, even though he's probably right.
northern_goddess wrote:It was a weird thing for him to say and had no purpose or value.
to be fair, he didn't actually say the words i posted for my OP title, or that were posted in headlines -- that's just journalists grabbing onto the most provocative headline. he said he felt like he could have mobilized Americans to vote for his vision. he also stated how Hillary was treated unfairly and other reasons for the Dem loss.
That being said... Trump says stupid shit almost every time he opens his mouth and his supporters don't seem to care.
i dont even get the Trump comparison at all here. Obama didnt say anything stupid at all.
I've never figured out why there are so many people who just hate Hillary, even though she seems like just a pretty standard politician to me. But they do, and that's been known for a long time. And the DNC should have thought about that a little.
people expect the first woman president not only to be a strong woman, but to be extra special, to be a Mother Earth Goddess, flawless and heavenly -- not the flawed but smart and seasoned politician she is, like so many male flawed, seasoned and smart politicians. i dont care whether it's cliche or not, or whether people can think of other women they like: the standards Hillary were held to were different from the standards held to so many male political counterparts.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:13 pm

She's a wench gorky, or have you forgotten already?
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Lavite
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lavite » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:55 am

Lost Soul wrote:She's a wench gorky, or have you forgotten already?

You are being too kind, LS. But it is the holiday season.
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.

Shavenhead
Stew Ingredient

Post by Shavenhead » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:19 am

The fact that Shrillary threw a tantrum when she realised she'd lost the election speaks volumes about her.

The Donald's a cunt, but he's self aware enough to embrace his cuntishness, and that's what he's been working with - to some success.
"Don't be attracted to easy paths because the paths that make your feet bleed are the only way to get ahead in life" Saddam Hussein

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:51 am

nycfellow wrote:Yeah, I'm disappointed that Obama said that, even though he's probably right. I've never figured out why there are so many people who just hate Hillary, even though she seems like just a pretty standard politician to me. But they do, and that's been known for a long time. And the DNC should have thought about that a little.

The DNC does not choose the candidate. The choice happens in primaries and caucuses.

If you mean the supposed tilt toward Clinton within the DNC, there is pretty much zero evidence that that had any effect on the outcome. Amd of course Sanders would have lost to Trump by a greater margin than Clinton, and the DNC knew that he was the worse candidate, so you can't really blame them for tilting in favor of the candidate who actually was a Democrat, to the extent they did so.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:51 am

Tell me about the tantrum, Shavenhead.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:53 am

Three things the Stew will never forget:

Stephen Dedalus was once rather too friendly with a banana.

Flobster once collected unemployment.

Korgy once called Hillary Clinton a wench.

Shavenhead
Stew Ingredient

Post by Shavenhead » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:08 pm

VinnyD wrote:Tell me about the tantrum, Shavenhead.

Vinny, apparently the Secret Service destroyed the footage, but someone managed to get a tape of the dialogue.

This is a fair representation of the mood using the exact dialogue of the tape overlaid on suitable representative footage:

Hitlery loses it:

"Don't be attracted to easy paths because the paths that make your feet bleed are the only way to get ahead in life" Saddam Hussein

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:09 pm

You shouldn't make stuff up, Shavenhead.

Shavenhead
Stew Ingredient

Post by Shavenhead » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:14 pm

Why not? everyone's doing it.

nycfellow
Stew Ingredient

Post by nycfellow » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:37 pm

Vinny - I know how the process works. But the party itself determines the process, and that gives them a lot of power. I don't know, or care, how much the DNC tilt against Bernie mattered. The party works out its mechanism. It's not required to be democratic.

avalon_
Stew Ingredient

Post by avalon_ » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Shavenhead wrote:The fact that Shrillary threw a tantrum when she realised she'd lost the election speaks volumes about her.

The Donald's a cunt, but he's self aware enough to embrace his cuntishness, and that's what he's been working with - to some success.

Both statements have got to be a joke, right?

Let's entertain the idea that maybe Clinton did "throw a tantrum". Can you explain the volumes it speaks about her? I'd love to hear your opinion.

Shavenhead
Stew Ingredient

Post by Shavenhead » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:31 pm

avalon_ wrote:
Shavenhead wrote:The fact that Shrillary threw a tantrum when she realised she'd lost the election speaks volumes about her.

Both statements have got to be a joke, right?

Let's entertain the idea that maybe Clinton did "throw a tantrum". Can you explain the volumes it speaks about her? I'd love to hear your opinion.

I get the feeling you're very emotionally invested in Hillary.

My concern is, if she behaves in the fashion as demonstrated in the video clip above as President, when someone like, say - Vladimir Putin starts pushing her buttons, what the repercussions could be.

avalon_
Stew Ingredient

Post by avalon_ » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:47 pm

That video has nothing to do with Clinton's reaction to losing the election. Anyway, I think it would be natural to have a big reaction or emotional break down after such a loss. Imagine the time and effort put into not only the campaign, but her career. And to lose to such a buffoon.
The assertion that she doesn't demonstrate self control in general and wouldn't when faced with Putin, is absurd. There is only evidence, and years of it, to the contrary.

The one that's been elected is the thinnest skinned politician and human being I've ever seen. He completely lacks self control and there is real evidence of it daily.

Shavenhead
Stew Ingredient

Post by Shavenhead » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:55 pm

She should give it another bash in 2020. By that time The Donald would have crashed and burned.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:58 pm

nycfellow wrote:Vinny - I know how the process works. But the party itself determines the process, and that gives them a lot of power. I don't know, or care, how much the DNC tilt against Bernie mattered. The party works out its mechanism. It's not required to be democratic.

Right. The party, at the convention, determines the process for the next time. The DNC does not. The 2016 process was not designed to smooth the way for Hillary Clinton.