Trump, the Champion of the American Worker! Again.

Berning Trumpeters vs The Establishment

Moderator: Moderator

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Trump, the Champion of the American Worker! Again.

Post by northern_goddess » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:55 am

I saw his son talking to Fox News about their winery during the election.

Trump Winery under fire after applying for visas seeking foreign workers

Trump Winery is facing backlash from critics and federal ethics experts from both parties after it emerged the Virginia vineyard applied for temporary visas for foreign workers earlier this month.

The winemaking operation, also known as Trump Vineyard Estates, applied for six H-2A visas for temporary jobs valid from Jan. 31 through June 30 of this year. According to the New York Post, the winery’s petition said the workers would be required to lift up to 80 pounds, would be exposed to “extreme” temperatures while the job would also involve “extensive walking” and “frequent stooping.”

Donald Trump purchased the estate in 2011 and gave it to his son Eric, who now owns and manages the property. Though he is no longer involved in the daily operations of the winery, when he becomes president in January, Trump's Labor Department would be responsible for reviewing the winery's request.

During the campaign, the President-elect vowed to tighten immigration policy and make jobs available for Americans. His son also touted the same goals.

“We’re losing all of our jobs, people are working harder, we’re being taxed more, all of our jobs are going overseas. It’s just a very, very sad thing,” Eric Trump told Fox News in September.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2016/12/23/trump-winery-under-fire-after-applying-for-visas-seeking-foreign-workers.html
Last edited by northern_goddess on Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Flobster!
Stew Ingredient

Re: Trump, the Champion of the American Worker! Again.

Post by Flobster! » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:00 am

I don't think it's legal here to require workers to lift over x kg, x being well under 80lbs.
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

dBrother
Stew Ingredient

Post by dBrother » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:00 am

20 or 25 kilo (45-55 pounds) maybe is the official limit here.

then its lifting gear required.

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Picky picky picky- these are TRUMPS. Petty laws are not meant for the likes of them. You should have figured that out by now.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:45 pm

Justifying and rationalizing Trump as champion of the worker is a whitewash covering that fact that he’s a bigot as are most of his supporters. He will fail the American workers whom have failed America and have failed themselves
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

nycfellow
Stew Ingredient

Post by nycfellow » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:48 pm

I'm guessing Trump isn't a bigot. He just wants bigots to vote for him. They've done that, now he's done with them. And that's the same with working class whites as a general group. They voted for him, now he's done with them.

rider5
Stew Ingredient

Post by rider5 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:29 am

Who cares. Only furriners are equipped to trim 'grapes vines' or whatever that is. The real jobs are in the Service Industry.