Nukes!

Berning Trumpeters vs The Establishment

Moderator: Moderator

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Nukes!

Post by northern_goddess » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:55 pm

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago
The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Kilombo
Stew Ingredient

Re: Nukes!

Post by Kilombo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:30 pm

Perfect and makes a lot of sense of course, specifically coming from such a sensitive and well balanced mind. Prepare for the worst! Happy Christmas.
Prost!

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Thankfully, we will soon get rid of the Dept of Energy (this is the agency that handles nuke stuff, since not many posters or DOE nominees seem to be aware of that). We can then delegate nuclear weapons development and management to county sheriffs, because The Constitution.
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:36 pm

North Dakota becomes an overnight superpower!
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Kilombo
Stew Ingredient

Post by Kilombo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:42 pm

Maybe nukes are his secret plan to exterminate ISIS. Expect some mushroom clouds in Israel as well.
Prost!

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:47 pm

LOL. Poor pitiful creatures. The left used the same scare tactics when Reagan was elected. I know because I was one of them at that time. I and others were convinced Reagan was going to get us all nuked. Some things never change.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm not a little bit worried that a guy who gets enraged by Rosie O'Donnell has access to the nuclear codes....
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:53 pm

Maxwell wrote:LOL. Poor pitiful creatures. The left used the same scare tactics when Reagan was elected. I know because I was one of them at that time. I and others were convinced Reagan was going to get us all nuked. Some things never change.

Donald Trump is no Ronald Reagan.
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

Kilombo
Stew Ingredient

Post by Kilombo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:01 pm

section8 wrote:
Maxwell wrote:LOL. Poor pitiful creatures. The left used the same scare tactics when Reagan was elected. I know because I was one of them at that time. I and others were convinced Reagan was going to get us all nuked. Some things never change.

x 2 and the cabinets either
Prost!

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:04 pm

section8 wrote:

Might be better. We'll see. It's amazing how perfectly normal people suddenly become unstable, racist, hateful, bigoted idiots when they decide to challenge the leftist elites and their establishment.

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:07 pm

Take Dr. Ben Carson as an example. A world renowned and respected neurosurgeon that ran one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world. Now he's a dumb ass incompetent stooge according to the left. Obama couldn't even get a web site functioning after spending half a billion on it, but he gets a pass because he's one of the leftist elites. At least he tried, huh. You're very sick creatures.

BulletPark
Stew Ingredient

Post by BulletPark » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Maxwell wrote:Take Dr. Ben Carson as an example. A world renowned and respected neurosurgeon that ran one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world. Now he's a dumb ass incompetent stooge according to the left. Obama couldn't even get a web site functioning after spending half a billion on it, but he gets a pass because he's one of the leftist elites. At least he tried, huh. You're very sick creatures.

Gobble that Trump cock, faggot.

Suck down that Trumpy cum!

nycfellow
Stew Ingredient

Post by nycfellow » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:28 pm

As a point of fact, Carson never ran a hospital. He ran a sub-department of a hospital. I'm not saying that's a minor thing, but it's not large-scale management either.

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:37 pm

nycfellow wrote:As a point of fact, Carson never ran a hospital. He ran a sub-department of a hospital. I'm not saying that's a minor thing, but it's not large-scale management either.

Yes, you're correct. However, what he ran was above and beyond anything our current occupier of the People's House could ever dream of.

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:37 pm

nycfellow wrote:As a point of fact, Carson never ran a hospital. He ran a sub-department of a hospital. I'm not saying that's a minor thing, but it's not large-scale management either.

Yes, you're correct. However, what he ran was above and beyond anything our current occupier of the People's House could ever dream of.

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:40 pm

And no one questions his greay ability and skills as a surgeon.

But you wouldn't necessarily want him to repair your car or make your travel arrangements. I dated a highly skilled microsurgeon who regularly reattached limbs and digits, restoring nerve and circulatory function after horrible accidents. He trained other doctors from all over the world. He had a staff of 5.

The majority of the department business was run by his admin. At home, he had the skills of a walnut. That doesn't mean he wasn't brilliant.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:40 pm

Carson also said he didn't feel qualified to run a gov't department which is odd since he ran for President.

nycfellow
Stew Ingredient

Post by nycfellow » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:41 pm

It's certainly true that Obama did not have much management experience coming into the Whitehouse. Though the Pres isn't really managing an organization - the cabinet members are supposed to be.

And Eric - that was a spokesperson who said that, not Carson himself. Though, still.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:44 pm

One would assume that accurately represented his views. I don't recall him contradicting it.

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:08 pm

Fact is Obama is a failure. His signature legislation, which he had no part in writing is a failure and about to be repealed and replaced. Obama never wrote one letter while president of Harvard Law Review. Not one. He's nothing but a pitch man. Obama is the perfect symbol for the left. Phoney. Obama is barely qualified to be Dr. Carson's valet.

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:53 pm

So what the world needs now- is nukes sweet nukes
And another arms race to cheer the soul with

so yea-not nearly so clever as many of you here but you get the idea

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:52 am

5waldos wrote:So what the world needs now- is nukes sweet nukes

I think you could have stuck to parts of the original
"no, not just for one but for everyone..."
That goes along with Trump thinking

Electrolyte
Sole Guardian of Truth and Sanity

Post by Electrolyte » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:00 am

I feel funny defending Trump, but I saw something that suggested this was a response to Russia announcing that they were expanding their nuclear program, in which case I find it not so bad.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:01 am

I didn't edit the tweet so that's all we got. Perhaps the Bromance is over. :(

Trump communications director Jason Miller sent a statement to try to explain the President-elect's tweet on nuclear capability.
He suggested Trump was "referring to the threat of nuclear proliferation and the critical need to prevent it," although that was not referenced in the tweet. He also said Trump was emphasizing the need to "modernize our deterrent capability."
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:09 am

birdlite wrote:
5waldos wrote:So what the world needs now- is nukes sweet nukes

I think you could have stuck to parts of the original
"no, not just for one but for everyone..."
That goes along with Trump thinking

Probably-I was simultaneously fighting about a large double billing on my credit card so only half the brain on it.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:34 am

The US is already planning a nuke modernization program. I guess Trump wants to take responsibility for it after the fact.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

Flobster!
Stew Ingredient

Post by Flobster! » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:51 am

As far as "the world" being insane over nukes goes, it's only Russia, China and the US who have giant arsenals. And Russia is Trump's bestie.
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

shunter
Stew Ingredient

Post by shunter » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:02 am

So why did he tweet this comment about nukes. There's usually a sub text to all this nonsense. What's the prick up to now?
1988: "We have a climate in Britain in which business wants to succeed and can succeed." Margaret Thatcher, speech to launch the European Single Market

2018: "Fuck business." Boris Johnson

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:49 pm

He was apparently responding to something his bestie Putin said.

Shavenhead
Stew Ingredient

Post by Shavenhead » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:38 pm

I think it's great.

What this means is, we will be informed by tweet, moments before Armageddon commences.
"Don't be attracted to easy paths because the paths that make your feet bleed are the only way to get ahead in life" Saddam Hussein

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:45 pm

I feel funny defending Trump, but I saw something that suggested this was a response to Russia announcing that they were expanding their nuclear program, in which case I find it not so bad.

How many nukes do we need? Serriously
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

Flobster!
Stew Ingredient

Post by Flobster! » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:49 pm

The USSR was basically brought down by the arms race with the US. Putin might think that he has a chance to get revenge.
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:04 pm

The USSR was basically brought down by the arms race with the US. Putin might think that he has a chance to get revenge.

Umm.. no, he wants to reassert Russia's authority as a superpower and bully

flojin
Stew Ingredient

Post by flojin » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:14 pm

The second trump turns on Putin we will get leaked RNC emails.
Lost Soul wrote:I have it on good authority that William Brennan, Maobama's CIA head, will be referred by the IG for criminal indictment.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:23 pm

The second trump turns on Putin we will get leaked RNC emails.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and Trump's tax returns

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:48 pm

the smaller tactical nukes are great at expanding empires

the general question the superpowers are asking now is how much nuking is acceptable? basically making them an offensive weapon even though the spin will say otherwise - cuase you know the Crimea was a huge threat to Russia
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

leela
Stew Ingredient

Post by leela » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:27 pm

Trump communications director Jason Miller sent a statement to try to explain the President-elect's tweet

Could his be the worst job in the world?
Pass the wine...

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:34 pm

leela wrote:
Trump communications director Jason Miller sent a statement to try to explain the President-elect's tweet

Could his be the worst job in the world?

If a person went in with the right attitude, it could be quite entertaining.

No, wait.... you're right.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:09 am

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich praised the style and substance of Donald Trump’s suggestion for a new nuclear arms race, calling the president-elect’s use of Twitter to make major policy pronouncements “brilliant.”

Gingrich, an informal Trump adviser, told “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace that the longstanding U.S. policy of reducing the number of its nuclear weapons has “failed.” He claimed that it has enabled former Cold War foes China, North Korea and Russia to rebuild or expand their capacities.

“There are a number of steps [Russia is] taking to be a war-fighting capability,” Gingrich said. “We have to, candidly, overmatch that.”

He also defended Trump’s decision to announce the new nuclear weapons policy over Twitter.

“On the tweeting thing, let me just suggest if I might, we might as well get used to it,” Gingrich said. “This is who he is, it’s how he’s going to operate ― whether it’s brilliant or stupid.”

The comments shocked nuclear arms control experts since it appeared to break with a decades-long bipartisan consensus on the need to reduce nuclear arsenals through international cooperation.

Trump’s transition team had insisted that the president-elect was referring to modernizing the arsenal, rather than expanding it. However, Trump reportedly said otherwise to Mika Brzezinski, co-host of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” when she sought clarification about the statement from him on Friday. “Let it be an arms race,” Trump allegedly said. “We will outmatch them at every pass. And outlast them all.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/newt-gingrich-trump-twitter-brilliant_us_585fd733e4b0d9a594589496

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:21 am

shunter wrote:So why did he tweet this comment about nukes. There's usually a sub text to all this nonsense. What's the prick up to now?

He's just negotiating with an uppity Russia, and China.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Nukes!

Post by Godjira » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:23 am

Now Russia is uppity? Before they were partners in fighting corruption!

It's common knowledge that the US is already expanding and modernizing it's nuclear arsenal, and no one is as aware of the details as Russia and China.

Nope. Trump is trying to exploit ignorance in some way.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!