Trumpies hiring foreigners to clean rooms and cut vines

Berning Trumpeters vs The Establishment
birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Trump Vineyard Seeks More Foreign Workers
As Donald Trump prepares to assume the presidency after campaigning to restore American jobs, a Virginia winery owned by his son, Eric Trump, has applied for permission to import more foreign workers to prune grapevines.
Combined with this latest request, companies owned by Trump or bearing his name have sought permission from the Department of Labor to hire at least 263 foreign guest workers since he launched his presidential campaign. Many work as servers and house cleaners at Mar-a-Lago, his Florida estate.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicagarriso ... .pbMXV9PR9

So, he saved 800 carrier jobs temporarily (the companies plans to eventually replace most of the saved jobs with robotics), and took away 263.

I know someone will come back and say that he hires foreigners at Mara-Lago because of a dearth of seasonal workers...
CareerSource Palm Beach County, a nonprofit job placement agency, says it knows plenty of American citizens willing to work at Mar-a-Lago.

“We have hundreds of qualified candidates and hundreds of job orders for various hospitality positions such as servers, chefs, cooks, bartenders, housekeeping, guest services, spa services, recreation, maintenance and more,” CareerSource spokesman Tom Veenstra said.

While Mar-a-Lago asks the federal government for dozens of H-2B visas every tourist season, the private club has asked CareerSource for help finding a local employee only once in the past decade, Veenstra said. That was a 2015 request for a single banquet server.

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/business ... VkErxSdhM/

rider5
Stew Ingredient

Re: Trumpies hiring foreigners to clean rooms and cut vines

Post by rider5 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Hardly surprising and pretty much expected.

5waldos
Stew Ingredient

Post by 5waldos » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:11 pm

America now America forever for those worth less than a whole lot.WE (them- not me we) can do what ever we want,thank you very much.

coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient

Post by coffeeguy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:54 pm

Classic Rightie

Do as I say, not do as I do.

NorthAmerican
Stew Ingredient

Post by NorthAmerican » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:31 pm

To add my two cents' worth, I posted something about the Mar-a-Lago situation some time before the election.

The fact that Trump was hiring foreign workers when the county said it had plenty of eligible job seekers available locally didn't seem to bother Trump's supporters, at least not those on the Stew. And so it goes.
I enjoy reading NorthAmerican's posts. So well-written and interesting except for the dull parts.--Nines

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:52 pm

NorthAmerican wrote:To add my two cents' worth, I posted something about the Mar-a-Lago situation some time before the election.

The fact that Trump was hiring foreign workers when the county said it had plenty of eligible job seekers available locally didn't seem to bother Trump's supporters, at least not those on the Stew. And so it goes.

I remember that you posted.

Trump was right that he could shoot someone on 5th Ave. and his supporters wouldn't care...

Electrolyte
Sole Guardian of Truth and Sanity

Post by Electrolyte » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:56 am

Did any of those 263 who lost their jobs to these immigrants (though we'll never know who they are) not vote for Trump?

Suck on it!

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:08 am

But this was never about THOSE type of jobs, surely. Same with UKIiP - guest workers are fine to do the seasonal, agricultural jobs, just so long as they don't get uppity, think they're entitled to, well rights like local wages/minimum wage, residency.

UKIP politians in the fruit growing area of the UK, want to keep foreign workers, they just want to errode their rights and status, is all.