The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Berning Trumpeters vs The Establishment

Moderator: Moderator

ACommonLoon
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:23 pm

The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by ACommonLoon » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:40 am

Why is it that those whining about Russian "hacking" of voting machines that were not even connected to the interwebs are generally the very same people who feel that Hillary Clinton's complete and utter lack of attention to cyber security shouldn't have mattered?

User avatar
5waldos
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15382
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by 5waldos » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:54 am

I don't think anyone really is even considering the hacking of machines. It was much more incidious.

But why is it that those who lost their minds over Clinton's emails are so unconcerned about Russian hacking?

User avatar
Jim-2012
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9316
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:32 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Jim-2012 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:15 am

Until the CIA is willing to testify before congress as to the proof they have that the Russians hacked DNC records rather than the records being leaked to Wikileaks as Assange has stated, Russian hacking is just a rumor.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
“When you are taking FLAK, you know you are over the target”

User avatar
rider5
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18157
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:45 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by rider5 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:27 am

Why is it that those whining about Russian "hacking" of voting machines


I haven't heard of anyone doing that.

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 65665
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Godjira » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:37 am

Jim-2012 wrote:Until the CIA is willing to testify before congress as to the proof they have that the Russians hacked DNC records rather than the records being leaked to Wikileaks as Assange has stated, Russian hacking is just a rumor.


Yet you believe 3 million non-citizens voted because some dude on Twitter said so.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
5waldos
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15382
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 pm

The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by 5waldos » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:45 am

And I would hope that the down and dirty details will NOT be made public. The ways of these things are and should remain secret. As far as whether you believe it- that is going to take second place to protecting what methods we have of learning about them.

User avatar
Jim-2012
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9316
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:32 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Jim-2012 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:50 am

When there are no safeguards against non-citizens registering and voting, illegal voting is a given. That's why we need the Electoral College to act as a firewall to prevent illegal voting from determining the election. There are some states that do not have safeguards against non-citizens registering and voting. This is a problem mainly in states controlled by the Democrats, who want it to remain that way.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
“When you are taking FLAK, you know you are over the target”

User avatar
Jim-2012
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9316
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:32 am

Re: The Ironicalness of

Post by Jim-2012 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:52 am

5waldos wrote:And I would hope that the down and dirty details will NOT be made public. The ways of these things are and should remain secret. As far as whether you believe it- that is going to take second place to protecting what methods we have of learning about them.

The testimony in congress could be in closed session, but the duly elected congressmen deserve to know if the Russians did indeed hack DNC databases.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
“When you are taking FLAK, you know you are over the target”

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 65665
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Godjira » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:55 am

Jim-2012 wrote:When there are no safeguards against non-citizens registering and voting, illegal voting is a given. That's why we need the Electoral College to act as a firewall to prevent illegal voting from determining the election. There are some states that do not have safeguards against non-citizens registering and voting. This is a problem mainly in states controlled by the Democrats, who want it to remain that way.


Of course there are safeguards. You need to prove you're a citizen to register, and this is verified with county records.

How is the electoral college acting as a firewall if Obama won twice?
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
rider5
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18157
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:45 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by rider5 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:58 am

Jesus Christ. Are you really going to do battle with Dim-2012 on this again?

Later.

User avatar
5waldos
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15382
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by 5waldos » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:03 am

Illegal voting is very rare- although you will never be convinced of this.

And I have heard very few duly elected congressmen (as opposed to what-self appointed congressmen?) who doubt the information that they have been given. Yes there are a few but they wouldn't believe it if there was a videotape of Putin directing the hackers.

User avatar
DaBaba
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:29 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by DaBaba » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:09 am

In California no proof of citizenship is required, simply an affirmation that the registrant is a US citizen. But it's inconceivable that an illegal immigrant would lie about that.

There is voter registration at the DMV where illegals can get drivers licenses. It can be done on-line. No proof is required.

It's all on the honor system, God forbid that anyone would impugn the honor and integrity of an illegal immigrant taking advantage of the system.

In a state with millions of illegal immigrants not even one would would think to register to vote illegally.
我爱,所以我挨。
Inside Every Liberal is a Totalitarian Screaming to Get Out

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 65665
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Godjira » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:14 am

Nope. First, new voter registrations are verified at the county level.

Second, that driver license voter registration isn't for initial voter registrations. It is only for when you move to a new location, it moves your registration to that district. You can't register illegally that way.

How can you not even know how things work in your own state?
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
DaBaba
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:29 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by DaBaba » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:19 am

You're wrong. There are no effective checks. Certainly not on Los Angeles County. Register and it's done.
我爱,所以我挨。
Inside Every Liberal is a Totalitarian Screaming to Get Out

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 65665
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Godjira » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:21 am

Wait, you can register initially with your license in CA, but you need to prove citizenship with a birth certificate or passport.

How else could you prove your age? Even an illegal alien would have to do that.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
nycfellow
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 4249
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:59 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by nycfellow » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:29 am

Let's just think of the incentives for an illegal alien. Vote: criminal offense could go to jail for years. Have a 1/100,000 chance of affecting outcome of whatever you're voting for. Don't vote: don't go to jail, lose tiny chance of affecting outcome of election. Hmmm. So hard, so hard. Voter fraud isn't rare because it's hard or because people are honest. It's rare because most people aren't total fucking idiots.

User avatar
DaBaba
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3123
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:29 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by DaBaba » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:32 am

Illegals can get a DL with a matricular consular or a couple of pieces of bogus ID. You can buy ID on Alvarado St or most any Mexican or Chinese neighborhood. Bogus ID is easy to come by.

I spent years running people's credit reports and can't recall the number of times I'd run the SSN of some obvious illegal and get a report showing the card was issued years before he was born to someone in the Midwest.

It's flagrant here.

It may not be obvious in Japan, but here it's indisputable.

In cities like Maywood and South Gate the illegal vote is significant. In Santa Ana it was the margin of victory for Sanchez over Dornan.
我爱,所以我挨。
Inside Every Liberal is a Totalitarian Screaming to Get Out

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 65665
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Godjira » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:35 am

You can get a fake passport or county issued birth certificate?

Anyone can get a SS number. You don't need to be a citizen.

I've seen fake DLs in NJ that look more real than a real one, but you can't register to vote with it or any DL.

And as NYCfellow points out, who'd risk it?
Last edited by Godjira on Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
northern_goddess
Queen Bee
Posts: 51972
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:48 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by northern_goddess » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:36 am

Barely 50% of US citizens bother to vote and yet some people here are convinced that millions of people who aren't citizens take all sorts of needless risks to illegally vote? What planet are you people on?
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

User avatar
5waldos
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15382
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by 5waldos » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:40 am

Planet Trump.

User avatar
Jim-2012
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9316
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:32 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Jim-2012 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:49 am

northern_goddess wrote:Barely 50% of US citizens bother to vote and yet some people here are convinced that millions of people who aren't citizens take all sorts of needless risks to illegally vote? What planet are you people on?

As DaBaba points out, it is clear that those who vote illegally have no fear of being punished because they are told by their Democrat organizers that they won't get caught, and they soon learn that there are no risks to illegal voting.
We live in the real world, not the world that the Democrats portray to be.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
“When you are taking FLAK, you know you are over the target”

User avatar
northern_goddess
Queen Bee
Posts: 51972
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:48 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by northern_goddess » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:04 am

It's clear? According to who? According to what facts?

And if actual citizens don't care enough to vote, why the heck would illegals want to vote? There's no logic behind this ridiculous assertion. Millions of lazy, illegal, social-assistance collecting Mexicans are motivated to get their asses to a polling station? Seriously? That's what you want us to believe?

Provide some facts or at least a rational train of logic behind the idea.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 65665
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Godjira » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:26 am

Until Jim testifies before congress, I say he's lying.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
5waldos
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15382
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by 5waldos » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:24 am

These are the same people who live in the shadows afraid of being deported because of a traffic ticket but willing to lose it all to vote. Puts all those non voting citizens to shame.

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 65665
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Godjira » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:28 am

Not only that- they're going to put an illegal cherry on top by using forged documents to do it
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 65665
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Godjira » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:31 am

rider5 wrote:Jesus Christ. Are you really going to do battle with Dim-2012 on this again?

Later.


What was I thinking?

The Jim Vortex of denial and willful ignorance.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

User avatar
birdlite
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10609
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:00 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by birdlite » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:39 am

Jim-2012 wrote:
northern_goddess wrote:Barely 50% of US citizens bother to vote and yet some people here are convinced that millions of people who aren't citizens take all sorts of needless risks to illegally vote? What planet are you people on?

As DaBaba points out, it is clear that those who vote illegally have no fear of being punished because they are told by their Democrat organizers that they won't get caught, and they soon learn that there are no risks to illegal voting.
We live in the real world, not the world that the Democrats portray to be.

There is less evidence of illegals voting than there is evidence that Russia hacked the DNC...so what is less than "rumor"?

User avatar
dragon
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 14346
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:35 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by dragon » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:49 pm

ironicalness?
She is a great-kneed person.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59562
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by polardude1 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Until the CIA is willing to testify before congress as to the proof they have that the Russians hacked DNC records rather than the records being leaked to Wikileaks as Assange has stated, Russian hacking is just a rumor.

Jim, the CIA director would have to be called to congress to testify and guess who holds the majority. McConnell has made no effort to make that call, nor has Ryan.


As DaBaba points out, it is clear that those who vote illegally have no fear of being punished because they are told by their Democrat organizers that they won't get caught, and they soon learn that there are no risks to illegal voting.
We live in the real world, not the world that the Democrats portray to be.

Um.. Jim, it's not up to "Democratic organizers. it's up to the legal authorities. Jim, can you tell us at what point it is figured out the someone is voting illegally? Where is it found out? D you kwo tat voting illegally is a felony. Why would anyone risk it for a minute payoff?
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
northern_goddess
Queen Bee
Posts: 51972
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:48 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by northern_goddess » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Jim insists that Obama told illegals there would be no consequence to voting and encouraged them to do so. In response to Jim I've posted this Snopes on this (which includes transcripts, etc.) before and it is false. Jim conveniently doesn't read it or chooses to believe lies.

http://www.snopes.com/obama-encouraged-illegal-aliens-to-vote/

FALSE
In an interview aimed at a millennial audience, President Obama encouraged Latino citizens to vote. He did not urge undocumented immigrants to vote.

The claim originates from an interview with Obama published on 3 November 2016, in which millennial actress Gina Rodriguez asked the president about a number of issues facing young Latinos. Many of the outrage posts were written around a video in which the majority of the president's response was edited out to give the misleading impression that Obama was urging undocumented immigrants to vote illegally:




In the full interview, it's clear Obama is urging Latino citizens to vote in order to give voice to members of their community who are precluded from doing so by lack of citizenship, not urging non-citizens to vote illegally. Rodriguez's question seems to be addressing a fear that voting will result in scrutiny on one's family which could result in deportation of undocumented relatives:

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented especially during this election.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don't want people voting. People are discouraged from voting and part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you're not just speaking for yourself. You're speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school...

RODRIGUEZ: Your entire community.

OBAMA: ... who may not have a voice. Who can't legally vote. But they're counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard.

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

User avatar
avalon_
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25158
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:26 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by avalon_ » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:34 pm

DaBaba wrote:Illegals can get a DL with a matricular consular or a couple of pieces of bogus ID. You can buy ID on Alvarado St or most any Mexican or Chinese neighborhood. Bogus ID is easy to come by.

I spent years running people's credit reports and can't recall the number of times I'd run the SSN of some obvious illegal and get a report showing the card was issued years before he was born to someone in the Midwest.

It's flagrant here.

It may not be obvious in Japan, but here it's indisputable.

In cities like Maywood and South Gate the illegal vote is significant. In Santa Ana it was the margin of victory for Sanchez over Dornan.


That's such a lie. If we are going to speak anecdotatally, any person I know here illegally would be terrified to do such a thing. The risk is too great.

User avatar
cowtown
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25307
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of

Post by cowtown » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Jim-2012 wrote:
5waldos wrote:And I would hope that the down and dirty details will NOT be made public. The ways of these things are and should remain secret. As far as whether you believe it- that is going to take second place to protecting what methods we have of learning about them.

The testimony in congress could be in closed session, but the duly elected congressmen deserve to know if the Russians did indeed hack DNC databases.



But Mitch McConnell won’t allow that Jim. Why not? What’s he hiding? Why won’t he even allow a Congressional investigation? Where is your outrage?

If you had any integrity or loyalty to the nation, you’d be off the deep end in anti- government conspiracies theories over this but you don’t. So you won’t. Just another little jackbooted bigot playing Nazi dress up for sexy-time with yourself and the idea of a racially pure state
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler



Image

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 61535
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by VinnyD » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:56 pm

OP: Link, please.

User avatar
northern_goddess
Queen Bee
Posts: 51972
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:48 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by northern_goddess » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:59 pm

ACommonLoon wrote:Why is it that those whining about Russian "hacking" of voting machines that were not even connected to the interwebs are generally the very same people who feel that Hillary Clinton's complete and utter lack of attention to cyber security shouldn't have mattered?


This is the first I've heard of the Russians hacking voting machines. Where did you hear this?
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24804
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Chi_Rup » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:01 pm

If the Modern Right believe that an IP address can only communicate via the internet then I can't see them making much of a success of running a 21st century technological superpower. We're going to be fine!

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 53688
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by eric84 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:07 pm

northern_goddess wrote:
ACommonLoon wrote:Why is it that those whining about Russian "hacking" of voting machines that were not even connected to the interwebs are generally the very same people who feel that Hillary Clinton's complete and utter lack of attention to cyber security shouldn't have mattered?


This is the first I've heard of the Russians hacking voting machines. Where did you hear this?


This is peddled by left wing conspiracy theorists. They have much in common with alt right types. Anyways, I don't know a lot of people who said Clinton wasn't careless with cyber security. They may have some connection to the former group but being wackos, consistency in views isn't really something that guides them.
Last edited by eric84 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 61535
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by VinnyD » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:25 pm

NoGs:'That's what I meant when I asked for a link. But actually a link to Hillary Clinton's complete and utter lack of attention to cybersecurity would br good too. You would think from the sound of that that state.gov was more secure than her private server, or that she didn't use a secure system for classified information rather than either state.gov or her private server.

Ped_Yai
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5098
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:37 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Ped_Yai » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Mrs. Ped's cousin is not a citizen, she's been here since about 2002, under what authority I do not know, she may have a green card.

She was registered to vote in California as of a few years ago, when I saw the voter information pamphlet in the mail where she was staying, with her name on it. Which is eighteen letters long. You only get the pamphlet if you are registered.

It is not likely she ever voted because she's not interested in that kind of thing, but somehow she got registered, and I presume it was when she obtained her driver's license.

So far as I know DaBaba is correct about the "honor system."

Maywood and South Gate


I have a friend who lives in Huntington Park. When I used to go to his house in the 80s I'd drive by or through Maywood, Bell, Vernon, Cudahy, and the other small cities around there. They consisted mostly of factories, strip joints, and railroad tracks, where both sides are the wrong side. They had mostly industrial properties with populations under 15,000, which is small for Southern California. A few of them made the news a couple of years ago because they had staffs consisting of half a dozen city officials with combined salaries of millions of dollars.
No subject on which I am called to speak is ever slighted, and if a moral lesson or a religious precept can be drawn from it, the opportunity is never allowed to pass unheeded. My constant aim is to elevate and instruct humanity.

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 61535
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by VinnyD » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:42 pm

She probably lied under oath, saying she was a citizen when she isn't. I don't know if that is a criminal offense in itself or if only the voting itself would be. But you should advise her to straighten it out.

It's an "honor system" like the light rail here in Baltimore and the U-Bahn and the S-Bahn in Munich and Berlin. If you violate the law and don't get caught, then you aren't punished.

User avatar
rider5
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18157
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:45 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by rider5 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:13 am

I voted in the last Mexico election. Illegally.

It felt good.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 53688
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by eric84 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:32 am

rider5 wrote:I voted in the last Mexico election. Illegally.

It felt good.


Ha, Amerikkka needs run a Trump friendly candidate with fake new stories about pedophile rings run by the PRI
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 65665
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Godjira » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:45 am

Ped, you don't know for sure that she was registered. You just saw a letter.

And when you get a DL, you have to prove your age.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

ACommonLoon
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by ACommonLoon » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:50 pm

VinnyD wrote:OP: Link, please.


Links are for golf courses.

Nobody should never ever whatsoever post anything without six forms of proof of it being true on the interwebs. This is not up for discussion.

ACommonLoon
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of

Post by ACommonLoon » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 pm

5waldos wrote:And I would hope that the down and dirty details will NOT be made public.


Sure, of course.

5waldos wrote:But why is it that those who lost their minds over Clinton's emails are so unconcerned about Russian hacking?


Possibly, but not necessarily.

ACommonLoon
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by ACommonLoon » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:53 pm

The thread is not about the scourge of illegal immigrant voters, it's about the heinousness of Russian hacking.

Focus people!!!!

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 61535
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by VinnyD » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:45 pm

I take it you are just making shit up, Loon. OK. Have a nice day.

Ped_Yai
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5098
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:37 am

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Ped_Yai » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:31 am

VinnyD wrote:She probably lied under oath, saying she was a citizen when she isn't.


No, she probably checked some boxes inadvertently not understanding what she was doing. That's not lying. She's not the slightest bit interested in US politics, and I very much doubt she ever voted.
No subject on which I am called to speak is ever slighted, and if a moral lesson or a religious precept can be drawn from it, the opportunity is never allowed to pass unheeded. My constant aim is to elevate and instruct humanity.

Ped_Yai
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 5098
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:37 am

Re: The Ironicalness of

Post by Ped_Yai » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:44 am

Godjira wrote:Ped, you don't know for sure that she was registered. You just saw a letter.


You don't read too good, do you?

I said she got a voter information pamphlet. Actually they're called "Sample Ballots".


Maybe you've never seen one and maybe you don't know how they work. They don't have them in Massachusetts that I can recall, or in New York, the only places I've been registered other than California.

They are issued by the County Election Officials of each county to all registered voters, and only to registered voters. They print your name on them in bold black ink. They include information about the candidates and ballot initiatives, and tell you where your polling place is.

https://cavotes.org/vote/how-vote/prepa ... jgZh9.dpuf

If you are not a registered voter, you DO NOT get one. It is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that the person who received it was registered to vote. So no, I didn't just see "a letter."

I am right, and you are wrong, and that's all I will say about the matter.
No subject on which I am called to speak is ever slighted, and if a moral lesson or a religious precept can be drawn from it, the opportunity is never allowed to pass unheeded. My constant aim is to elevate and instruct humanity.

User avatar
Godjira
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 65665
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by Godjira » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:32 am

Once again, you're mistaking condescension for an argument.

I think actually seeing her name in the voter roll for her district would be real evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

RedsailsII
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Re: The Ironicalness of "Russian Hacking" of the Election

Post by RedsailsII » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:32 am

Ironicalness? Is that iron-clad irony?


And now the cripple Kraut-hummer has joined the snarky Lamestream Media? He thinks widespread voter fraud by illegals is about as likely as voting by invisible aliens?




Krauthammer, who has repeatedly slammed Trump, said the president-elect can’t back up his claims that millions of illegals voted. He then joked that anything is possible, including voter fraud by outer space aliens.

“I mean, it could be that there are aliens circling the Earth, and on Election Day they — and they’re invisible, of course — they train their ray guns on the ballot boxes of several states. As a result, 3 million GOP votes disappeared,” Krauthammer snarked. “Anything could be.”

Post Reply