CIA says Russia tried to help Trump

Berning Trumpeters vs The Establishment

Moderator: Moderator

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

CIA says Russia tried to help Trump

Post by VinnyD » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:52 am

The CIA has concluded in a secret assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump win the presidency, rather than just to undermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, according to officials briefed on the matter.

Intelligence agencies have identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, according to U.S. officials. Those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton’s chances.

‘‘It is the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia’s goal here was to favor one candidate over the other, to help Trump get elected,’’ said a senior U.S. official briefed on an intelligence presentation made to U.S. senators. ‘‘That’s the consensus view.’’

President Barack Obama’s administration has been debating for months how to respond to the alleged Russian intrusions, with White House officials concerned about escalating tensions with Moscow and being accused of trying to boost Clinton’s campaign

In September, during a secret briefing for congressional leaders, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Kentucky) voiced doubts about the veracity of the intelligence, according to officials present.

After the CIA’s conclusions came to light Friday night, Trump’s transition team released a statement saying, “These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history. It’s now time to move on and ‘Make America Great Again.’”

Boston Globe.

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Re: CIA says Russia tried to help Trump

Post by Annotated » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:08 am

Meh.

The emails said what they said.

Nobody was denying that they got caught with their pants down.

Worse than the Russians trying to influence the election was the MSM "news." These people are granted special privileges in our system in order to keep an eye on the government in an honest way.

If you're a democracy, you should be much more worried about the role those clowns played (or tried to play).

Exactly how much are you going to believe out of them for the next four years?
This board is my life.

DaBaba
Stew Ingredient

Post by DaBaba » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:18 am

If the emails were that damning then why would we trust those who wrote them with the reins of power?

The stink of corruption from the Clinton campaign couldn't be covered up by the bullshit from the liberal media.
我爱,所以我挨。
Inside Every Liberal is a Totalitarian Screaming to Get Out

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:20 am

I'm sure the senate foreign relations committee will demand an immediate investigation.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:22 am

But nice decision to attack an institution you're going to be taking over. I'm sure CIA officers appreciate the vote of confidence.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:32 am

Trump simply has no legitimacy. Lost by 3 million votes and had the Russians actively helping him. Sad!

Jim-2012
Stew Ingredient

Post by Jim-2012 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:34 am

eric84 wrote:Trump simply has no legitimacy. Lost by 3 million votes and had the Russians actively helping him. Sad!

One post and 4 lies. Get over it!
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out whom you are not allowed to criticize.”

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:37 am

It's amazing the crap you'll believe but dispute an official CIA assessment and a vote tally.

DaBaba
Stew Ingredient

Post by DaBaba » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:19 am

eric84 wrote:Trump simply has no legitimacy. Lost by 3 million votes and had the Russians actively helping him. Sad!

The president is not popularly elected. The only votes that matter are electoral college votes. Any votes he gets over 270 are lagniappe. That's legitimate.

It's good to see leftists denying the reason for Clinton's loss. I hope they continue to do so. Fake news. Russian hackers. Misogyny. Sexism. Racism. Whatever other reason they trot out. That just means they're less likely to learn from defeat and set themselves up for another one.

But I'll let you in on a secret. The corrupt crone lost because she was an arrogant unlikable candidate who surrounded herself with sycophants and even her supporters acknowledged that. She and her supporters denigrated and alienated enough voters in the states that she should have won that she snatched defeat from what should have been, and was expected to be, certain victory. The game lasts until the clock runs out and she didn't think she had to keep her head in the game. She was choreographing her victory dance and lost focus and the game.
我爱,所以我挨。
Inside Every Liberal is a Totalitarian Screaming to Get Out

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:57 am

Putin's bitch-boys have no problem with this news. Back in the 1950s, when America was Great, what did they do with people who betrayed the US in support of Russia?
My revolutionary farmer friend once labeled me as "severely creative." Yes, yes, I like tall-bike building and riding, making fermented foods, wild-crafting and being silent in places where there are no human sounds.

rider5
Stew Ingredient

Post by rider5 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:07 am

I've really missed the Stalinist faction in US politics. It's been too long, comrades.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:30 am

Gingrich did want a return to the House Un-American activities committee. This could be their first agenda item.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:14 am

This is just the beginning.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

mad hatter
Stew Ingredient

Post by mad hatter » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:16 am

right after the email thing is sorted out eh
Anyone can go by horse or rail, but the absolute best way to travel is by hat.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:20 am

It's sorted, eh.

Flobster!
Stew Ingredient

Post by Flobster! » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:20 am

The idea that Goldman Sachs and Putin are on the same side should be a Trump voter's worst nightmare. But ...
The pies and sausage rolls are good in Australia - Iolar

ASQ
Stew Ingredient

Post by ASQ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:26 am

Why isn't the media investigating son in law's ties to company that helped make Brexit possible due to facebook games? I bet you will find a lot of Russian surnames.

mad hatter
Stew Ingredient

Post by mad hatter » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:27 am

eric84 wrote:It's sorted, eh.

of course it is eh
Anyone can go by horse or rail, but the absolute best way to travel is by hat.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:59 am

Clearly, you missed it. It was in all the papers.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:24 am

The president elect insulting the CIA?
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:22 am

DaBaba wrote:If the emails were that damning then why would we trust those who wrote them with the reins of power?

The stink of corruption from the Clinton campaign couldn't be covered up by the bullshit from the liberal media.

Can you quote the most damning email and say who wrote it?

Thanks.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:24 am

Another article said that the Russians had also hacked the Republicans, but didn't release any emails.

Damning, I suppose.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:01 pm

Godjira wrote:The president elect insulting the CIA?

Strangely enough, in that attack, they don't actually deny the CIA's assessment.

Jim-2012
Stew Ingredient

Post by Jim-2012 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:15 pm

Washington Post wrote:Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, has said in a television interview that the “Russian government is not the source.”

The White House and CIA officials declined to comment.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out whom you are not allowed to criticize.”

Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chip_Oatley » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:18 pm

Trump invited the Russians to interfere, all while calling for his supporters to murder Hillary.

When will he be tried for treason?

Jim-2012
Stew Ingredient

Post by Jim-2012 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Chip_Oatley wrote:Trump invited the Russians to interfere, all while calling for his supporters to murder Hillary.

When will he be tried for treason?

- Two lies and a stupid question.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:52 pm

Eric, they are in no position to deny it. They wouldn't know who Wikileaks' source was.

it wouldn't surprise me if they had an inkling that it was the Russians, and that the Russians had got into their own emails. That would explain why they had such nice things to say about the Russians. But the Russians would certainly not have told them straight out.

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:26 pm

Trump owes them money.

It's hard to believe anything Assange days these days, not to mention that he owes the Russians too.

And Putin had resurrected the KGB.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:31 pm

All this sounds like more fake news being created by the MSM.

Why do they keep doing this?
This board is my life.

RedsailsII
Stew Ingredient

Post by RedsailsII » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:46 pm

The mainstream media and the CIA are working together to destroy Real America.

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Well, not for much longer.
This board is my life.

RedsailsII
Stew Ingredient

Post by RedsailsII » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Pres. Trump's first action should be to strangle the Lügenpresse.

Friend Vlad can advise him on that. Vlad, the former head of the KGB, will know the proper actions to take. The CIA is getting way too political. First salvo:

"
I don't believe it. I don't believe they interfered," Trump said in an interview for the latest issue of Time magazine, adding that he thought intelligence community accusations about Russian interventions in the election were politically motivated.

Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chip_Oatley » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:06 pm

A German writer has uncovered evidence that the Nazis were fueled by more than racist zeal--opiates and cocaine, especially Hitler.

And there's Herr Trump with his suspicious sniffling.

History is repeating and we have posters who refuse to see it.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Annotated wrote:All this sounds like more fake news being created by the MSM.

Why do they keep doing this?

The CIA didn't make this assessment? Why didn't Trump say that?

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:28 pm

eric84 wrote:
The CIA didn't make this assessment?

I haven't seen proof of that. All I've seen is what looks like a fake news story from the Boston Globe.

Can you point me to the proof?
This board is my life.

Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chip_Oatley » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Patton Oswalt
36 mins
This fucking election. Fucking Trump.
These newest revelations, that Russia hacked the election. Piles of evidence, teetering up to the sky. That Russia ALSO hacked the RNC and are holding them over a barrel because of what they know. Which would be hilarious if it wasn't so frightening.

And the boiling chaos that's resulting from it. I've got conservative friends actually DEFENDING Russia on this. I've got progressive friends gloating that we've finally had done to us what we've done to other countries. That Hillary somehow deserves this. That WE somehow deserve this. That infuriating cliche about, "It's actually GOOD if Trump destroys everything it'll start a revolution BLAH BLAH BLAH FUCKING BLAH..."

And in the middle of it all is Trump -- bloated, grinning, oblivious, wearing his cheap baseball cap and ruining people's lives with his Twitter. While all around him -- smarter, better, exhausted people scramble around, trying to sweep up a china shop he keeps stumbling through, laughing the whole time at these stupid nerds picking up the broken pieces on the ground. Losers. Weak.

Trump doesn't spread evil. He doesn't even spread chaos. Evil and chaos are beyond his abilities.

He spreads MEDIOCRITY. And anyone who gets near him gets dragged into the same sloppy, tossed-off, first-draft shitscape he lives in.
Except this time, it's the entire country who got too close to him. We're about to become, as a nation, as garish and pathetic as one of his hotel suites. Balsa wood under gold spray paint. A chandelier over a toilet. Knock-off Haviland and Parlon china on which to serve a Big Mac. And the people MAKING the Big Macs getting screwed, stripped and exploited while the predators high-five on their private jets.
In nine days the electors make their choice. Let's hope they choose to save us from our grope-y, racist uncle who just won $50,000 playing scratch-offs.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:05 pm

Annotated wrote:
eric84 wrote:

I haven't seen proof of that. All I've seen is what looks like a fake news story from the Boston Globe.

Trump's statement would be proof, wouldn't it? Why make it if this didn't occur?

Lavite
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lavite » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:08 pm

It makes no difference who released the information provided the mainstream media confirmed they were legitimate before using the data. And apparently the data was legitimate. The Democrats want to deflect the issue.
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:10 pm

Whatever you precious flowers do, never blame Hillary! for her loss.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:19 pm

Lavite, you think it makes no difference whether or not the Russians tried to influence a US election (and perhaps succeeded)?

We disagree on that.

Also, do you think that perhaps if we had seen emails from the RNC, some of them might have been embarrassing?

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Still waiting for the ditchdigger to say something negative about Trump.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Trump is a gentleman through and through, as honest as the day is long, and a true libertarian, Eric. How can you expect LS to say anything negative?

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:27 pm

RedsailsII wrote:The mainstream media and the CIA are working together to destroy Real America.

Lucky the FBI were there to help seal the win for Trump and keep the post-truth flag flying.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:28 pm

eric84 wrote:Still waiting for the ditchdigger to say something negative about Trump.

You should read harder. The evidence is out there, starting with his tortuous proclivities, his drug warrior proclivities, his anti-Libertarian proclivities, and, as always, the fact that I voted for Aleppo.

But he is better than the Hilldebeest.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Trump seeks to undermine the CIA in favor of Russian intelligence services and Julian Assage (remember when he was an enemy of America?), and the Trumpy-pumpers have no problem with this - in fact, they cheer-lead it.
My revolutionary farmer friend once labeled me as "severely creative." Yes, yes, I like tall-bike building and riding, making fermented foods, wild-crafting and being silent in places where there are no human sounds.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
eric84 wrote:Still waiting for the ditchdigger to say something negative about Trump.

You should read harder. The evidence is out there, starting with his tortuous proclivities, his drug warrior proclivities, his anti-Libertarian proclivities, and, as always, the fact that I voted for Aleppo.

But he is better than the Hilldebeest.

So cosying up to Russia or that they were involved in the election doesn't apparently worry you. Good to know.

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:49 pm

eric84 wrote:
Annotated wrote:
eric84 wrote:

Trump's statement would be proof, wouldn't it? Why make it if this didn't occur?

No, proof would be something directly from the CIA.

I'd be interested in reading it if you have a link.
This board is my life.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Worse than the Russians trying to influence the election was the MSM "news." These people are granted special privileges in our system in order to keep an eye on the government in an honest way.

weird, dress press vs star manipulation. what a freak of nature you are.
Ereich
DCComic was, of course, the one doing the chasing. He appears to have misquoted Polar in his autosignature, something he has trouble with.

DCComic
I'm a crazy racist cunt.

No quotation marks used

Lavite
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lavite » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:06 pm

VinnyD wrote: Also, do you think that perhaps if we had seen emails from the RNC, some of them might have been embarrassing?

Possibly, but I have no interest in discussing hypotheticals.
There is no education in the second kick of the mule.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:09 pm

I seem to recall the outcome the let time the DNC security was breached in 1972
Ereich
DCComic was, of course, the one doing the chasing. He appears to have misquoted Polar in his autosignature, something he has trouble with.

DCComic
I'm a crazy racist cunt.

No quotation marks used