Saving a Company

Berning Trumpeters vs The Establishment

Moderator: Moderator

coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient

Re: Saving a Company

Post by coffeeguy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Mexico isn't paying for any wall any more than Clinton's getting locked up. Time to realize you've been played son.

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:28 pm

eric84 wrote:Trump can't cut off trade to Mexico because he feels like it. Doesn't work that way.

I never said he would cut off trade. Use your imagination. Think. You're a smart guy. How could Trump use trade with Mexico to get them to pay for the wall?

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:29 pm

Remember, he's constrained by the rules within NAFTA and the WTO.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:35 pm

eric84 wrote:Remember, he's constrained by the rules within NAFTA and the WTO.

Rules can be changed.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Not by Donald Trump alone. So far, I'm not seeing much creativity from you. I hope you're not advising him.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:44 pm

eric84 wrote:Not by Donald Trump alone. So far, I'm not seeing much creativity from you. I hope you're not advising him.

Yes, you have seen plenty of creativity from me and we both know it. You just don't like Trump. You're a big government leftist. You put your faith in bureaucrats to solve problems by spending and wasting billions of taxpayer's hard earned money. Obama mocked Trump back in June when Trump said he would make a deal with Carrier. Obama and many of the left laughed and mocked Trump when he decided to run for President. Y'all laughed and mocked, which is what you do here. Who's laughing now?

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:46 pm

Excellent response, I now know exactly how Trump will retaliate against Mexico if they don't fund the wall.

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:19 pm

eric84 wrote:Excellent response, I now know exactly how Trump will retaliate against Mexico if they don't fund the wall.

He will tweet mean things about them and call them losers.

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:53 pm

You guys never learn your lesson. The left mocked and ridiculed Trump from day one of his candidacy. You threw everything you had at him. Every lie you could dream up. Paid people to attend rallies and start trouble. Paid women to claim sexual harassment. Etc, etc, etc. He beat you. Yet, you keep mocking and ridiculing. Poor sad little creatures. Never learn.
https://youtu.be/zT0Rjc6jKCg

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:17 am

Steelworkers Union president slams Trump for ‘lying his ass off’ about Carrier deal

The president of the steelworkers union representing Carrier employees said Donald Trump “lied his ass off” when he boasted about saving jobs at the Indianapolis, Indiana plant last Thursday.

Chuck Jones, who heads United Steelworkers 1999, told the Washington Post he originally felt optimistic about the deal the president-elect struck with United Technologies, the parent company that owns Carrier. But when he learned that that 550 members were still losing their jobs, he assumed Trump would use the Dec. 1 meeting to explain where his team fell short.

“But he got up there, and, for whatever reason, lied his ass off,” Jones said.

During his speech last week, Trump bragged about convincing Carrier to keep “over 1,100 people” at their Indianapolis plant—a move the president-elect called “so great.”

According to Jones, 350 of the 1,400 workers at the Carrier plant were never on the chopping block, while another 80 were non-union administrative positions. Despite this, United Technologies is receiving $7 million in tax credits from Indiana even as the parent company sends 700 factory jobs to Monterey, Mexico.

“Trump and Pence, they pulled a dog and pony show on the numbers,” Jones told the Post. “I almost threw up in my mouth.”
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:26 am

northern_goddess wrote:
Steelworkers Union president slams Trump for ‘lying his ass off’ about Carrier deal

The president of the steelworkers union representing Carrier employees said Donald Trump “lied his ass off” when he boasted about saving jobs at the Indianapolis, Indiana plant last Thursday.

Chuck Jones, who heads United Steelworkers 1999, told the Washington Post he originally felt optimistic about the deal the president-elect struck with United Technologies, the parent company that owns Carrier. But when he learned that that 550 members were still losing their jobs, he assumed Trump would use the Dec. 1 meeting to explain where his team fell short.

“But he got up there, and, for whatever reason, lied his ass off,” Jones said.

During his speech last week, Trump bragged about convincing Carrier to keep “over 1,100 people” at their Indianapolis plant—a move the president-elect called “so great.”

According to Jones, 350 of the 1,400 workers at the Carrier plant were never on the chopping block, while another 80 were non-union administrative positions. Despite this, United Technologies is receiving $7 million in tax credits from Indiana even as the parent company sends 700 factory jobs to Monterey, Mexico.

“Trump and Pence, they pulled a dog and pony show on the numbers,” Jones told the Post. “I almost threw up in my mouth.”

That bloated useless union toavd is the one that should lose his job.

coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient

Post by coffeeguy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:37 pm

maybe, but what about Trump and Pence's lie? You ok with that?

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:53 pm

coffeeguy wrote:maybe, but what about Trump and Pence's lie? You ok with that?

Oh, so now you democrats are going to start caring about elected officials lying to us? If I thought for one second that democrats actually cared about elected officials lying to us I'd be concerned. Since I now understand democrats don't care when their party politicians lie to us, tell me why I should care when you think republicans are lying to us. Go ahead, I'm reasonable.

coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient

Post by coffeeguy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:21 pm

Maxwell wrote:

Oh, so now you democrats are going to start caring about elected officials lying to us? If I thought for one second that democrats actually cared about elected officials lying to us I'd be concerned. Since I now understand democrats don't care when their party politicians lie to us, tell me why I should care when you think republicans are lying to us. Go ahead, I'm reasonable.

What's your point, that you're ok for Pence and Trump to lie, because you think democrats have lied? Your side's lies are ok, the other side's lies are not?

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:24 pm

coffeeguy wrote:
Maxwell wrote:

What's your point, that you're ok for Pence and Trump to lie, because you think democrats have lied? Your side's lies are ok, the other side's lies are not?

Yep. When I start seeing democrats concerned about democrat politicians lying, then I'll start being concerned about your concern about republican politicians lying.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Maxwell wrote:
eric84 wrote: You just don't like Trump. You're a big government leftist. You put your faith in bureaucrats to solve problems by spending and wasting billions of taxpayer's hard earned money.

You really need to update your script, dumbass

Do you even know what we’re talking about, oh internet warrior of the stupid sound bites and lying talking points?
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient

Post by coffeeguy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Maxwell wrote:
Yep. When I start seeing democrats concerned about democrat politicians lying, then I'll start being concerned about your concern about republican politicians lying.

Great glad we got that cleared up. You admit that Pence and Trump lied, but you're fine with them feeding you lies, because it's your supposed side lying to you. The epitome of a trump voter

eric84

Post by eric84 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:24 pm

Trump convinces turkeys to vote for thanksgiving. Hats off to him.

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:26 pm

At this rate, everyone but those blinded by his dazzling smile and trendy tweets, will see how they have been conned even before he's been sworn into office.
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

eric84

Post by eric84 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:31 pm

Trumpanzees can't admit to being conned though so they'll play along. 'Oh, we're going to recognize Taiwan and create a diplomatic crisis with China? Great, I was in support of that all along!'

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:33 pm

Maxwell wrote: You just don't like Trump. You're a big government leftist. You put your faith in bureaucrats to solve problems by spending and wasting billions of taxpayer's hard earned money.

You really need to update your script, dumbass

Do you even know what we’re talking about, oh internet warrior of the stupid sound bites and lying talking points?

fixed quotes from above post
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:44 pm

You guys aren't going to have a very merry Christmas, are you. LOL.

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:19 pm

Maxwell wrote:You guys aren't going to have a very merry Christmas, are you. LOL.

They don't do "Christmas" anyway.
This board is my life.

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Annotated wrote:
Maxwell wrote:You guys aren't going to have a very merry Christmas, are you. LOL.

Oh, someone's been watching old Cory on Faux News.

Hate to ruin your holidays, but non-Trumpies "do" Christmas. And Hanukkah. And Solstice. And Festivus. And Yule.
We like parties, and being inclusive, we get invited to more parties. Well, ok, not so many parties with my Jehovah's Witness friend who does not celebrate Christmas, but you probably don't consider Jehovah's Witnesses as Christians. Kind of like Mormons aren't Christian. And Catholics aren't Christian. And 7th Day Adventists aren't Christian.

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:30 pm

eric84 wrote:Trumpanzees can't admit to being conned though so they'll play along. 'Oh, we're going to recognize Taiwan and create a diplomatic crisis with China? Great, I was in support of that all along!'

I think they're aware, but they're so full of hate that they don't care as long as they're sticking it to the dems.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:48 pm

birdlite wrote:
Annotated wrote:

Oh, someone's been watching old Cory on Faux News.

Hate to ruin your holidays, but non-Trumpies "do" Christmas. And Hanukkah. And Solstice. And Festivus. And Yule.
We like parties, and being inclusive, we get invited to more parties. Well, ok, not so many parties with my Jehovah's Witness friend who does not celebrate Christmas, but you probably don't consider Jehovah's Witnesses as Christians. Kind of like Mormons aren't Christian. And Catholics aren't Christian. And 7th Day Adventists aren't Christian.

Christians believe the Bible. When you make your own bible, twist Scripture, or add another fake book, you're not a Christian.

Maxwell
Stew Ingredient

Post by Maxwell » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:49 pm

incognita wrote:
eric84 wrote:Trumpanzees can't admit to being conned though so they'll play along. 'Oh, we're going to recognize Taiwan and create a diplomatic crisis with China? Great, I was in support of that all along!'

I think they're aware, but they're so full of hate that they don't care as long as they're sticking it to the dems.

How deplorable.

Electrolyte
Sole Guardian of Truth and Sanity

Post by Electrolyte » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:14 am

northern_goddess wrote:At this rate, everyone but those blinded by his dazzling smile and trendy tweets, will see how they have been conned even before he's been sworn into office.

That's why they're doing their loud, obnoxious victory dance now; they are squeezing everything out of their election victory that they can before the reality of the scam sets in.

Electrolyte

Post by Electrolyte » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:49 pm

Larry Summers's opinion of the deal:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 68343a94d2

Electrolyte

Post by Electrolyte » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:50 pm

And an excellent quote from that article:

Some of the worst abuses of power are not those that leaders inflict on their people. They are the acts that the people demand from their leaders.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:52 pm

More than 600 employees at a Carrier plant in Indianapolis are bracing for layoffs beginning next month, despite being told by President Trump that nearly all the jobs at the plant had been saved. The deal, announced with great fanfare before Trump took office, was billed not only as a heroic move to keep jobs from going to Mexico but also as a seismic shift in the economic development landscape.

Nearly seven months later the deal has not worked out quite as originally advertised, and the landscape has barely budged.

"The jobs are still leaving," said Robert James, president of United Steelworkers Local 1999. "Nothing has stopped."

In fact, after the layoffs are complete later this year, a few hundred union jobs will remain at the plant. But that is far different from what then-President-elect Trump said just three weeks after the election.

"They're going to have a great Christmas," Trump said to cheering steelworkers and local dignitaries on Dec. 1. The plan to close the plant and lay off 1,400 workers had become a frequent topic in the Trump campaign. He said 1,100 jobs would stay in Indianapolis, thanks to the deal.

"And by the way, that number is going to go up very substantially as they expand this area," he said. "So the 1,100 is going to be a minimum number."

But as in any deal, there are crucial details in the fine print.

The heart of the deal

The agreement does guarantee that Carrier, a unit of United Technologies Corp., will continue to employ at least 1,069 people at the Indianapolis plant for 10 years in exchange for up to $7 million in incentives. In addition, the company has promised to invest $16 million in the facility.

But fewer than 800 of those 1,069 jobs — 730 to be exact — are the manufacturing jobs that were always at the heart of the debate. The rest are engineering and technical jobs that were never scheduled to be cut.

"To me this was just political, to make it a victory within Trump's campaign, in his eyes that he did something great," said T. J. Bray, a 15-year Carrier employee who will keep his job due to seniority. "I'm very grateful that I get to keep my job, and many others, but I'm still disappointed that we're losing a lot."

As for Trump's claim that the $16 million investment in the plant would add jobs, United Technologies CEO Greg Hayes told CNBC in December that the money would go toward more automation in the factory and ultimately would result in fewer jobs. That is not lost on the union.

CNBC.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Carrier plant to lay off 215 workers on Thursday

Carrier has announced 215 workers will lose their jobs at its Indianapolis heating and air conditioning plant this week, the last of about 600 previously announced layoffs.

To register their displeasure, many of the workers will gather Wednesday night at 7 p.m. at a west-side bar to call on President Donald Trump to stop manufacturing jobs from leaving the United States.

The “The State of the Working Class” event, sponsored by Good Jobs Nation, is at Sully’s Bar and Grill, 1229 S. Girls School Road. The workers will discuss how the impending job loss has affected them and will demand that Trump use his State of the Union address to recommit to stopping the outsourcing jobs, according to a news release from Good Jobs Nation.

The workers' last day is Thursday. In July, Carrier laid off 340 workers at the plant.

The gathering will be live-streamed at https://www.facebook.com/GoodJobsNation.

► More: Colts coaching candidate explains why he took the Chicago Bears job

► More: State of the State: Holcomb cites 'defining issue of the decade'

Carrier announced plans in 2016 to move all of its Indianapolis operations to Monterrey, Mexico, and close the west-side factory. The pending layoffs became a flashpoint during the presidential election when Carrier's parent company United Technologies announced it would cut 2,100 jobs in Indiana. Trump slammed the decision on the campaign trail and threatened to "tax the hell" out of Carrier's products.

Before he took office, Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence struck a deal with Carrier to keep about half the jobs from going to Mexico. As part of the deal, the plant received up to $7 million in conditional state tax incentives and training grants and agreed to stay open in Indianapolis for 10 years.

Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett said the city was facing a possible loss of 1,300 to 1,400 jobs at Carrier before Trump stepped in. The city was able to get Carrier to repay some tax incentives it had offered at the local level.

United Technologies said in a news release that 1,100 workers remain at the Indianapolis plant. It said 60 laid-off workers have registered in the company’s programs to pursue educational degrees.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/loc ... um=twitter