Samgyetang. stuff u have not made in ages...

Killing the internets, one recipe at a time
gnd
Stew Ingredient

Samgyetang. stuff u have not made in ages...

Post by gnd » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Looking up Korean food...remembered how much I liked a stew I used to make, and had forgotten about.

Not sure how Authentic mine is, but I liked:

-cornish hens, with a salt wash, stuffed with whole garlics, whole ginseng, sweet rice soaked overnight, herbs, that bellflower the blue one if I can find it in season; and a red dried date (one or half of one). Stewed in water about an hour or a bit more for two hens. Then served with a spicy jalepeno dipping sauce with onion; and a sesame seed honey dipping sauce (soy sauce too). With scallions and anaheim chiles on top. Black pepper, dried red pepper seeds....
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

Felix
arrogant Yankee cokehead

Re: Samgyetang. stuff u have not made in ages...

Post by Felix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Samgyetang was one of the most disappointing dishes I had in Korea. They talk it up on certain days of the year, but really it's just a bland overstewed young chicken. Boring.
Cherman humor: ha! because your father hates you, you have no one to fuck, you can't afford health care, you have nothing but this board, you pretend to have cancer, you are a racist pig, you are stupid, you are a bloody fuckface...