Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Killing the internets, one recipe at a time
desertstorm
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7438
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by desertstorm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:32 am

Okay not any veggie lasagne, in fact most of them are 'meh', like the one I tried with pumpkin, or the other one with feta and spinach, or yet another without actual pasta in it. But this one works, and my definition of working is that no meat eaters miss not having meat, even I have used the minced beef in normal lasagne and transformed it into fairly decent 'Italian meatballs' as a side. People just ignored my tasty meatballs and cleaned out the huge tray of lasagne.

True, the fucking twins are annoying, and it's a fucking huge amount of work. The roasting alone took 2 hours in my oven, not to mention chopping nearly 3 kilo of vegetables.



User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15788
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by DCComic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:31 pm

There are hundreds of vegetarian Indian dishes. The recipes have been refined over centuries. Adapting a meat recipe to contain no meat while doing hours of extra work seems futile.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

desertstorm
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7438
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by desertstorm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:07 pm

True, but I had the added challenge that I also needed to cater to kids and teenagers that time, and any kind of slightly exotic curry would be a health risk to Dutch people who are used to really bland food.

I usually don't believe in a traditional* dish with meat being adapted into a vegetarian version, but this one tastes like a good proper lasagne and not a lesser version of it, unlike most of the other veriosn I had tried, and lasagne isn't a very quick dish to prepare anyway. Although being an infrequent lasagne maker myself, I keep forgetting again and again it isn't a quick to prepare one pot meal I falsely assume it to be.


*I understand there are more than a few (regional) versions of lasagne in Italy that are claimed to be 'traditional'.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15788
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by DCComic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:19 pm

Ah.
Kids and fussy eaters.
I have read that kids like pizza, which can apparently be topped with a variety of things.
‘Tacos’ seem adaptable too.

Is there nUtmeg in the lasagne?
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

EMG
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25270
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by EMG » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:43 pm

Indian vegetarian is one of the only vegetarian cuisines I can eat and not feel like I'm missing anything.

Pizza is up there as well.

I'd like to try the lasagne.

mishmish
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3458
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:53 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by mishmish » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:42 pm

I don't really get the 'vegetarian but it works' thing. Proper vegetarian cooking (as opposed to glop of pulses and exotica with magical properties) doesn't leave me feeling like I'm missing anthing except fat, which is easily remedied with some greasy someting-or-other. Like falafel or fried sweet potato patties. Or butter and garlic dip with artichokes. Beans and rice or chili are good too, but maybe a bit stogey.

Vegetarian lasagna with any combo of arabiata, cheese, ricotta, mushrooms and/or spinach is a normal and common variation to me.

EMG
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25270
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by EMG » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:45 pm

I would consider vegetarian chili to be one of those 'vegetarian but it works' attempts. I probably wouldn't say it works either.

Real chili is like 98% meat.

mishmish
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3458
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:53 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by mishmish » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Hah you mean Texas chili I assume. On second thought chili may actually be better with meat. But not 98% ffs. (Texans *snort*)

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12366
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by BeatRaven » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:17 pm

I do a veg. lasagna with a dried mushroom bolognaise sauce. If you also crumble in a bit of soy minced meat substitute, it's pretty close (ish) to real lasagna.

The prob. with average veg. lasagna is that the veg's give off too much water in the oven, leaving a soggy mess. reducing the sauce for 4-5 hours fixes that.

desertstorm
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7438
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by desertstorm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:13 pm

Yes there was nutmeg in the bechamel sauce DCComic. Regarding pizza, I don't like pizza made in my home oven, there is a home made version I like using very hot cast iron frying pan, but would mean I need to stand big part of the evening in the kitchen to feed 12 people.

Mish, you are right about me being sceptical (again) about vegetarian dishes, I didn't say 'but' it works, 'but' there are vegetarian dishes that don't work for me, including a version of lasagne with spinach and ricotta (from Delia Smith I think).

This one does the trick and has deep favour because a) it roasts the shit out of the vegetables, b) using a whole head of (roasted/steame) garlic in its own skin, c) uses balsamico vinegar which deepen the favours of the roasted veg, c) 'cheating' by using a lot of sun dried tomatoe to further strengthen the favour.

BeatRaven
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12366
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by BeatRaven » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:33 pm

A bit of nutmeg in meat sauce is very Northern Italian. Most bolognaise recipes call for it. I'd put in two heads of garlic the next time around. It really gets mild in the oven.

You can also used powered dried tomato's to strengthen a sauce. We use powdered pumpkin and powdered curry leaf in our Asian curries the same way.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15788
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by DCComic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:34 pm

In a couple of weeks I’ll spend 10 days camping with a fucking vegan.
In the snow.

I have to force 7000 Calories of vegan goodness down my neck every day.
We’ll see how that goes.
I don’t expect it’ll be a festival of culinary delights.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

EMG
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25270
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by EMG » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 pm

mishmish wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:02 pm
Hah you mean Texas chili I assume. On second thought chili may actually be better with meat. But not 98% ffs. (Texans *snort*)
I mean Real Chili. Texans invented it. We get to say that.

Boiling a pot of beans and corn and calling it chili is only allowed because we are a kind people. And feel pity.

User avatar
northern_goddess
Queen Bee
Posts: 52725
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:48 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by northern_goddess » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:18 pm

DCComic wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:34 pm
In a couple of weeks I’ll spend 10 days camping with a fucking vegan.
In the snow.

I have to force 7000 Calories of vegan goodness down my neck every day.
We’ll see how that goes.
I don’t expect it’ll be a festival of culinary delights.
That sounds painful. Did you lose a bet?
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

mishmish
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3458
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:53 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by mishmish » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:35 pm

*cough sputter*

I hear you EMG, after hearing references to hummus involving avocado. Let's just call it enhanced beans in a pot.

mishmish
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3458
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:53 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by mishmish » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:50 pm

I envision lots of lentils for DCC. Veganism is a vanity of the western privileged. It's hard to get enoigh calories without animal help. kneel to your providers, omnivoirs (including me)

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15788
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by DCComic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:25 pm

mishmish wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:50 pm
I envision lots of lentils for DCC. Veganism is a vanity of the western privileged. It's hard to get enoigh calories without animal help. kneel to your providers, omnivoirs (including me)
He does ok.
The Jains have been doing ok for a long time.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

Bastet
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3799
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 11:00 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by Bastet » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:05 pm

I think bolognaise and chilli with quorn works quite well.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15788
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by DCComic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:15 pm

Bastet wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:05 pm
I think bolognaise and chilli with quorn works quite well.
Quorn used to be better. It was firmer and a little chewy. Now it’s just mush.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

User avatar
leela
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 29862
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by leela » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:48 pm

One of the best lasagnes I ever had was veggie. No quorn or other meat substitute. Just really gutsy and rich filling.
Pass the wine...

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25434
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by Chi_Rup » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 am

I had vegetarian haggis recently. Far less fatty than the sheep version, mostly mushrooms and spices. Excellent with honey and chilli roasted swede.

User avatar
Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12434
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by Moethebartender » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:05 pm

Vegetarian haggis? You're taking the piss.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25434
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by Chi_Rup » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Sure! Even when I ate meat I’d favour veggie over sheep haggis. Mutton fat sticks to the roof of your mouth.

Also, the decades old recipe for MacSween’s vegetarian haggis, the market leader, has never contained fake meat. Just oats, lentils, onion, mushroom and spices. I honestly believe it holds its own with falafel, bhaji, nut loaf or any other shaped vegetable dish.

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 63705
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by VinnyD » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:16 pm

Far less fatty than the sheep version,
You say that like it's a good thing.

User avatar
Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12434
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by Moethebartender » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:47 pm

Apparently, vegetarianism involves inventing new meanings for foods that already exist that bear no resemblance whatsoever to the original meaning. Is it a lack of meat that causes this sort of insanity, do you think, or are lunatics generally just predisposed to vegetarianism?
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

EMG
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25270
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by EMG » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:56 pm

I was thinking about that same thing. Why not make new names for foods that are vegetarian and don't actually resemble the meat based foods they're named after?

Maybe meat eaters can start doing the reverse. Fancy some carnivore guacamole? It's just like guacamole, except it's porterhouse steak with a side of tomato and onion.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15788
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by DCComic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:09 pm

leela wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:48 pm
One of the best lasagnes I ever had was veggie. No quorn or other meat substitute. Just really gutsy and rich filling.

Oh dear.
You wrote 'gutsy' and the thread took an offal turn.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

User avatar
Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25434
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by Chi_Rup » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:13 pm

Well, anything mushy is guacamole in some way. I prefer to call it avocado pâté anyway.

Same like anything cooked on a griddle pan is a steak, even if it’s cauliflower. You don’t get to own words just because of your diet, but if you’re dividing up food names then we get to keep soup.

EMG
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25270
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by EMG » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Chi_Rup wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:13 pm
avocado pâté
hah

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15788
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by DCComic » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:29 pm

פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

User avatar
Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12434
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by Moethebartender » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:13 pm

Chirp wrote:You don’t get to own words just because of your diet, but if you’re dividing up food names then we get to keep soup.
Words have meanings. These meanings aren't flexible based upon some dietary fad or other form of insanity. You can call a potted plant steak au poivre if you want, but it's still a fucking potted plant, not a steak au poivre. And people are going to rightly assume you're a lunatic if you insist on calling it that.

By the way, carnivores don't need to divvy up anything with creatures that are lower on the food chain,Willy.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

User avatar
Lincoln
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by Lincoln » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:08 pm

You enjoy your red meat Moe....and your colon cancer.

User avatar
Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12434
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by Moethebartender » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Speaking of lower on the food chain - Hi Lincoln! I'd say you have more reasons to worry about cancer, bong toker. Enjoy your lawn clippings!
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

desertstorm
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7438
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by desertstorm » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:54 pm

Haggis is probably a specifc 'traditional' food, lasagne on the other hand, is those sheets of pasta we use, the dish, or at least the one we usually come across, is of course lasagne al forno, which in turn has lots of regional varieties in Italy, or at least that is what I understand.

User avatar
cowtown
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25723
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by cowtown » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 pm

I make killer veggie lasagna and it’s exactly like my lasagna but I don’t put meat in it. I actually prefer the veggie version as it’s not as greasy or heavy. Sometimes, I’ll Florentine it but otherwise, I don’t get the big deal or the challenge to cook veggie.

I also prefer my veggie not really chili even in its meat form to my regular not really chili with meat

faked meat is always bad
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler



Image

desertstorm
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7438
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by desertstorm » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:02 pm

The version I cooked has those roasted vegs working as the texture of minced instead of becoming a mushy mess. And no fake meat in my version neither.

User avatar
korgy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24956
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:55 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by korgy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:07 pm

mishmish wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:50 pm
I envision lots of lentils for DCC. Veganism is a vanity of the western privileged. It's hard to get enoigh calories without animal help. kneel to your providers, omnivoirs (including me)
hilarious.

the defensiveness and ignorance towards herbivores never ceases to amaze.
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

polardude1
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 59774
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by polardude1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:40 pm

korgy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:07 pm
the defensiveness and ignorance towards herbivores never ceases to amaze.
feeling oppressed, Korgy?
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

User avatar
Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12434
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by Moethebartender » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Notice that the vegetarian food that works series ends at episode 1. To the surprise of no one.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

User avatar
cowtown
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25723
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:53 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by cowtown » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:47 pm

desertstorm wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:02 pm
The version I cooked has those roasted vegs working as the texture of minced instead of becoming a mushy mess. And no fake meat in my version neither.

I don't even, if I want mushy veegie glop, I go for a veggie moussaka
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler



Image

User avatar
Scrubb
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 23858
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:08 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by Scrubb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:18 am

I watched the video without sound and it was easy to follow and probably a lot less irritating. Doesn't seem like THAT much work, just chopping up and roasting a heap of vegetables.

I'm going to try it, as I"ve made some good veggie lasagnas but other times they've not worked out so well, so don't have a tried and true recipe.
Boinkity_Boink isn't much of an idiot

User avatar
Kikilamour
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 10898
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by Kikilamour » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:19 pm

i'm guessing the roasting of the veg will intensify the flavour and reduce the moisture, which is good. you don't want sloppy slidey lasagna.
the good thing about being a veggie is that you eat cheese at least! that makes things taste good.

i recently tried a veggie canadian type chili with soy based meat substitute by Yves (the spicy one) and it was delicious. I was SO surprised it was vegetarian.

User avatar
korgy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24956
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:55 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by korgy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:18 am

up
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

desertstorm
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7438
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by desertstorm » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:22 am

Bump.

User avatar
DCComic
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 15788
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by DCComic » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:35 am

Stoppit
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

User avatar
strife
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 16754
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:51 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by strife » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:11 am

I'm not a fan of traditional or vegan lasagna. Dated a vegan for a while, who once cooked vegan lasagna with cashew 'cheese.' I could barely finish a portion - way too rich for my palate. She was a good cook, but I learned that I dislike vegan 'cheese' just as much as the dairy kind.

Veganism is unnatural, but survivable in this modern world.
I am Stalking you.

User avatar
ceylon_tea
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by ceylon_tea » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:46 am

My vege lasagne rocks, better than any meat lasagna. Spinach, ricotta, mozzarella and pine nuts.

User avatar
ceylon_tea
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by ceylon_tea » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:50 am

EMG wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 pm
mishmish wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:02 pm
Hah you mean Texas chili I assume. On second thought chili may actually be better with meat. But not 98% ffs. (Texans *snort*)
I mean Real Chili. Texans invented it. We get to say that.
Err...don’t think people are queuing up to call it their own. Mediocre food at best.

User avatar
korgy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24956
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:55 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by korgy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:57 am

strife wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:11 am
Veganism is unnatural, but survivable in this modern world.
"unnatural" -- interesting word choice (aside from the fact that it is not true -- humans are omnivores, with a wide range of cultures that have thrived on many different diets necessary over the eons) --i bet many of the varmints would approve of you use of "unnatural" to describe many things.
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

User avatar
strife
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 16754
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:51 am

Re: Vegetarian food that works episode 1: veggie lasagne

Post by strife » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:01 am

korgy, you need to learn to recognize facetiousness.
I am Stalking you.

Post Reply