Creating a custom watermark for pics

Video games, electronics and gadgets, elf ears and more
DianaHaddad
Stew Ingredient

Creating a custom watermark for pics

Post by DianaHaddad » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:39 pm

I have a multicolored logo that I would like to turn into a one-color watermark, to put on pics that I post online. I particularly like Curacao Tourist Board's style (below). I asked them how they did it but they didn't reply.

I know there are a lot of apps that do this kind of thing, but I'm running into all sorts of trouble. I want to use the version of the logo that has a transparent background, but that doesn't show up as a picture in my phone's photo album, and I can't make it into one without turning it into the version with a white background. It's fine on my phone's Dropbox folder, but not when it gets into the photo album.

When I try to import into the apps directly from Dropbox, it only shows me 2 versions of the logo (out of about 18 versions total) and they are don't have a transparent background.

Has anyone done this? I have tried several apps. I don't mind paying a few dollars but really don't want to go out and buy full blown Photoshop for this unless I really have to.

Thanks guys.
curacao.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Semper ubi sub ubi

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Re: Creating a custom watermark for pics

Post by DCComic » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:42 pm

If you send me the logo I'll do it.
Failing that Photoshop or Illustrator are the most common tools for that kind of thing.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

DianaHaddad
Stew Ingredient

Post by DianaHaddad » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:52 am

That's a very kind offer, DC. I'm going to pass because I need to do this on an ongoing basis, so it's not just a one-time favor. I need to find a long-term solution. But thank you for offering.
Semper ubi sub ubi

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:55 am

There is a free programme called Gimp that goes a long way down the Photoshop road and would probably do what you need.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

DianaHaddad
Stew Ingredient

Post by DianaHaddad » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:22 am

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out for sure.
Semper ubi sub ubi

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:52 pm

rider5
Stew Ingredient

Post by rider5 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Inkscape is another SVG program that's free. I haven't tried it or gimp out. I have an ancient copy of Illustrator that still installs on my new machines so far and I'm familiar with it.

Don't you need something like photoshop for watermarks?