aha they DO use JS here!

Video games, electronics and gadgets, elf ears and more
gnd
Stew Ingredient

aha they DO use JS here!

Post by gnd » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:58 am

Yeah so had a very enjoyable techie Dev breakie---with yummy bagels filled with brie, mesclun, reindeer salami, some fancy coffee made from those machines that use the tiny metal packet inserts (surprisingly good, though yeah my moka is way better!)....

Everyone was very nice and helpful. I asked several questions about the backend. the frame language, and the kuberenetes. AND it turns out, that:

-that yes the backend uses JS, one of the bits of the framework and the Cloudflare Rasa bit uses Python, and something in the kubernetes rewrite uses Java.

***and OHMYGOD this!****

I did NOT know that if one buys encryption, unless and until one specifies otherwise, the encryption is ONLY on the (not sure how to word this) storage. When the data is sent to and from anything, It is not being protected from encryption.

Thats seems counterproductive to having encryption safety.

And I got invited to a AWS whatever that is; and AI DBA (looking way forward to this one!)

V inclusive and encouraging here of women too. am NOT used to that from SiV or London tbh.
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

egjeg
Stew Ingredient

Re: aha they DO use JS here!

Post by egjeg » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:13 pm

what is SiV?
Last edited by egjeg on Sat Jun 04, 2031 4:13 am, edited 5,730,142 time in total.

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Re: aha they DO use JS here!

Post by gnd » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:06 pm

heh. I like Chemistry...

Esss EYE Vee

Si
V

Silicon
Valley

I´ve always called it SiV. Never SV. SV is just Weird and Basic.

,)
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND