ghetto.soln4 audio mixer w usb

Video games, electronics and gadgets, elf ears and more
gnd
Stew Ingredient

ghetto.soln4 audio mixer w usb

Post by gnd » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:17 pm

conference w 15 participants> audio headset& can debate w each other/medium sized room. wireless mics end in 3,5 mm audio jack/ USB, mixing together easy / cheap as possible - audio goes into recording. suggestions?
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Re: ghetto.soln4 audio mixer w usb

Post by DCComic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:11 pm

Skype and shouting.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:51 am

You have 15 wireless headsets each with its own receiver, terminating in either USB or balanced minijack which is it? That sounds ultra shit. 15 channels of radio is quite a lot and a 15 channel mixer taking minjack inputs does not exist.

I would reject this nonsense and pay someone to do it for you. They could bring minjack to XLR cables and a desk. Ultimately, like DC says, the best and cheapest result would be getting it onto Skype (most likely with Bluetooth headsets because at this price point they will work) and recording the result with an app like Audio Hijack (which records the audio of any app running on your computer).

mad hatter
Stew Ingredient

Post by mad hatter » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:37 am

if they are in the same room voice would work
Nines to Felix: "I know a lot of really successful lawyers. My oldest son is a full partner in a prestigious law firm. I know the gig. None of them have the time nor inclination to post the never-ending drivel like you've done for decades here"

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:29 pm

thanks Chi. Was hoping u´d rply
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:40 am

Happy to help if you give any more info, but at the moment it doesn’t sound like you’ve got the kit to record 15 ways of Bluetooth or RF into a computer.

But it’s a really easy job for someone that does, so call a local corporate sound hire company and ask them if they can send a technician for a half day.

If they are all in the same room why are they wearing headsets? Just stick an omnidirectional mic on the table, into your laptop and record it in Audacity or GarageBand.

Look, here’s an omnidirectional conference mic. Plugs into your USB port, costs $60:

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:36 pm

oooh interesting...that´s kinda cool...

Chi_Rup
Stew Ingredient

Post by Chi_Rup » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:21 am

Just put it on the middle of the table, it picks up the whole room. They don’t sound “nice” but they can be clear if there’s not too much glass and tile.

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:25 pm

:)

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:09 am

yeah. That last thing works

Omnidirectional mic. *hands up emoji*