fave IT/tech etc blogs, online sources etc nonpolë

Video games, electronics and gadgets, elf ears and more
gnd
Stew Ingredient

fave IT/tech etc blogs, online sources etc nonpolë

Post by gnd » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Just started writing code again. Went from C++ ages ago, to deciding last week to try Python (as the oil industry here prefers it, atleast the main company I quietly interviewed w Thursday)...

So, what are your current fave IT/Tech/coding sources?

Today, I found valuecoders, sitepoint, devwp.eu besides all the usual ones.

(was enqueing*, WP* figured I´d brush up on what imho is NOT coding/dev-ing but I´ve shockingly had lots of ppl thinking they do code/dev when all they do is use a PHP framework or WP--- a imho PHP bundled w integrated dependent CMSs---customising some plug-ins or slightly changing the back-end behaviour of existing frameworks...)

found a hilarious SiV (Silicon Valley, my nickname. Si for Silicon element. V for Valley,)) vlog, esp on "Devs/Coders" vs Actual Devs/Coders, but forgot to save it before deleting my history cache. If I find it again will post it.

NB: I´m self-taught for the most part, so not sure if my terminology is what is used, or correct now:) But imho hacking a theme is neither Dev-ing or Coding,)
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

egjeg
Stew Ingredient

Re: fave IT/tech etc blogs, online sources etc nonpolë

Post by egjeg » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:38 am

Swift, xcode, and python all in just a couple weeks? You must be a prodigy!

I follow Eric Lippert and Jon Skeet on stackoverfliw and their blogs. Mostly .net stuff. I also follow troy hunt for security stuff and listen to the SE radio podcast for exposurevto a breadth of topics.
Last edited by egjeg on Sat Jun 04, 2031 4:13 am, edited 5,730,142 time in total.

muthafunky
Stew Ingredient

Post by muthafunky » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 am

I don’t really follow anything, I rely on other folks who are much more hobbyists than me. I like the Uncle Bob videos and The Codeless Code site.

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:18 pm

egjeg wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:38 am
Swift, xcode, and python all in just a couple weeks? You must be a prodigy!

I follow Eric Lippert and Jon Skeet on stackoverfliw and their blogs. Mostly .net stuff. I also follow troy hunt for security stuff and listen to the SE radio podcast for exposurevto a breadth of topics.
I can try misc, yeah? wtf egieg,)

will prolly focus on C++, but yes, I am trying Python. It´s not that damn difficult is it?,)

just.tryin.to.get.a.better.job. I´m also illustrating children´s books.

HTH:)

and thanks ya´ll for answering the question. I totally realise how much I need to relearn and learn with this. But atleast this time round, it is not boring/ie I am interested in it:)
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:23 pm

åå ja, was trying to look at security and hacking....mostly on obscure r e d d i t, and stackoverflow.

Thanks mutha, will look at codeless code. i never obsess over minor details....ALWAYS,)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:21 pm

muthafunky wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 am
I don’t really follow anything, I rely on other folks who are much more hobbyists than me. I like the Uncle Bob videos and The Codeless Code site.
PS, if you hear of anything else, can u post it here? I know I have a hellacious amount to catch up on, so thanks.

I actually finally tried a Valve game. Steam? idk whatever it was. something iwth a car. Pretty sure I Ruined it for The Other,)

EDIT: I found the Games Computer we played it on, v v interesting though:)

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:28 pm

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:55 pm

gnd wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:21 pm
muthafunky wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 am
PS, if you hear of anything else, can u post it here? I know I have a hellacious amount to catch up on, so thanks.

I actually finally tried a Valve game. Steam? idk whatever it was. something iwth a car. Pretty sure I Ruined it for The Other,)

EDIT: I found the Games Computer we played it on, v v interesting though:)
EDIT". omg those are quite funny! (Ifound the tv tropes....also). The 2 complement /cups. Like that one. Thanks!:)

egjeg
Stew Ingredient

Post by egjeg » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Anyone know any good blogs about interpreters? :lol:
Last edited by egjeg on Sat Jun 04, 2031 4:13 am, edited 5,730,142 time in total.

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:20 pm

lol ejg!

string compile (node) {
swith (node) {
case PLUS:
return (compile (child)(0))) + complie(child)1 &&compile (child(1) &&child....);
bl@å
^case ASSIGN: blah blah blæ MINUS....blah blah ...+ SUB...
^REF... blah blah blah
VAR...
CONSTR....
return (PUSHA.... value...

....}