Silent, cool. Gift ideas for mygeek? thanks

Video games, electronics and gadgets, elf ears and more

Moderator: Moderator

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Silent, cool. Gift ideas for mygeek? thanks

Post by gnd » Fri May 11, 2018 6:48 am

Gift ideas for MyGeek?
For fun, he made this (see pic) for someone´s Steam/graphically-atmospheric RPGs fetish,): 21:9 High Rez Samsung 950 M.2 SSD...Overclocked, overvolted...6cored i7 6800 runs COOLAF stable (67C highest core temp in synthetic tests9. Case fans lowest of 3 settings even under load, PSUgraphics fanless opt. Virtually silent. 3rd caseFan directly connected to graphicsCard, spins up only under gaming load.GPU@1999MHz UnigineHeaven, max Furmark@7K (under 50 fans switch off ). Timespy benchmark= single GTX1080, 9-15% faster Vs DualGTX 980 sli . Playable ran 3440x1440@ Predatorx34a rez. w a Gsynch smooth 45-55 fps. under 60c gpu/68C maxing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Re: Silent, cool. Gift ideas for mygeek? thanks

Post by cowtown » Mon May 21, 2018 9:04 pm

I made my dad an ashtray in art class. Was trying to make a dinosaur but as with all the kids, everything ends up an ashtray. Now that smoking is uncool, guessing everyone makes change holders and when we stop using money, won't anyone think of the kids in art class and their failed projects?
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Sat May 26, 2018 4:49 pm

Husband just replaced one of his raspberry pis with this, my birthday present to him, for our home server and other random stuff. He loves it but it was something like $1,400 for the specs he wanted. It's orange and fanless! (and superfast he says)

https://www.logicsupply.com/ml100g-31/

Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Mon May 28, 2018 5:01 pm

oooh nice Pez! yeah I like the orange...he´ll like it´s fanless,)

Cow...yes he hates the use of money. Thinks it is obsolete already. I def should make him a Change Holder!,)
Taking advantage of what is not working to make changes in your life often leads to your greatest opportunities and accomplishments --GND

Usher73
Stew Ingredient

Post by Usher73 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:55 am

Handmade abacus.

gnd
Stew Ingredient

Post by gnd » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:31 pm

lol. I have an antique slide rule....Found a really cool oddity...it's like a calculator abucus looking thing, with a long skinny stylus to calculate addition, subtraction. Not sure if it does division/multiplication. Chicago company maybe made it?

will try to find a photo...wireless here is transitory:/