Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Sponsored by Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow
Post Reply
coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 9309
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:26 pm

Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by coffeeguy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Gingrich 2016?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/newt ... ction.html

Like several other prominent Republicans, Newt Gingrich slammed Mitt Romney's assertion in a conference call with donors last week that he lost the 2012 presidential election because of "gifts" President Barack Obama gave to blacks, Hispanics and younger voters during his first term in the White House.

"It's nuts," Gingrich told guest host Martha Raddatz on ABC's "This Week" on Sunday. "First of all, it's insulting. This would be like Wal-Mart having a bad week and going, 'The customers have really been unruly.' I mean, the job of a political leader in part is to understand the people. If we can't offer a better future that is believable to more people, we're not going to win."

Last week, the former House Speaker admitted he was "dumbfounded" by Obama's victory--and Romney's poor performance at the polls.


"The president won an extraordinary victory," Gingrich said on NBC's "Today" show. "And the fact is we owe him the respect of trying to understand what they did and how they did it. But if you had said to me three weeks ago, Mitt Romney would get fewer votes than John McCain and it looks like he'll be 2 million fewer, I would have been dumbfounded."

But the disbelief soon turned to disillusion over Romney's divisive comments.

"I'm very disappointed with Governor Romney's analysis, which I believe is insulting and profoundly wrong," Gingrich said in an interview with KLRU-TV in Austin. "First of all, we didn't lose Asian-Americans because they got any gifts. He did worse with Asian-Americans than he did with Latinos. This is the hardest-working and most successful ethnic group in America--they ain't into gifts.
"Second, it's an insult to all Americans," he continued. "It reduces us to economic entities. You have no passion, no idealism, no dreams, no philosophy. If it had been that simple, my question would be, 'Why didn't you outbid him?' He had enough billionaire supporters, if buying the electorate was the key, he could have got all his super PAC friends together and said, don't buy ads, give gifts. Be like the northwest Indians who have gift-giving ceremonies. We could have gone town-by-town and said, 'Come here, let me give you gifts. Here are Republican gifts.' An elephant coming in with gifts on it."

...

User avatar
grecian
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 16534
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by grecian » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Gingrich sounds like some character from a Dr Zeuss story.

"The Tawt that had a Hat", maybe?

And his 1st name is fucking Newt!!

A fucking Amphibian!

The bloke's either made up or would have been seriously beaten up at School.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 55154
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by eric84 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Gingrich 2016?



I assume for the Moon Presidency?
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
Electrolyte
Sole Guardian of Truth and Sanity
Posts: 8902
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:09 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by Electrolyte » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Brilliant attack. He can be good when he's not all tied up in knots pandering to conservatives.

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23746
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by Citizen Baba » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:08 am

Gingrich is the GOP's problem, not its solution.

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by joeyramone » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Newt's on the money. he'll of course go batshit crazy off the rails, but he's a pretty bright guy at times.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
grecian
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 16534
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by grecian » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Just sums up that you Seppos are Fucking Shite Heads.

Thank you.

User avatar
Electrolyte
Sole Guardian of Truth and Sanity
Posts: 8902
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:09 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by Electrolyte » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:39 pm

joeyramone wrote:Newt's on the money. he'll of course go batshit crazy off the rails, but he's a pretty bright guy at times.

Not so different from Bin Laden. Very intelligent in many ways, but he gets the big picture and the right direction wrong.

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by joeyramone » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Electrolyte wrote:
joeyramone wrote:Newt's on the money. he'll of course go batshit crazy off the rails, but he's a pretty bright guy at times.

Not so different from Bin Laden. Very intelligent in many ways, but he gets the big picture and the right direction wrong.



and he's had almost as many wives.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
AnnieOakley
stewed
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:54 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by AnnieOakley » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 pm

bada-BOOM
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23746
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by Citizen Baba » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:50 pm

joeyramone wrote: he's a pretty bright guy at times.


That's the media frame on Newt. He's bright; he's a man of endless ideas. I haven't seen a hell of a lot of evidence of either.

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by joeyramone » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:
joeyramone wrote: he's a pretty bright guy at times.


That's the media frame on Newt. He's bright; he's a man of endless ideas. I haven't seen a hell of a lot of evidence of either.



How about engineering the first republican takeover of the House in two generations, and pushing through the most ambitious house-led agenda perhaps in history?
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23746
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by Citizen Baba » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:52 pm

I don't know how those facts would make him "bright."

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by joeyramone » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:I don't know how those facts would make him "bright."


Seriously?

Ok, then prove that he isn't bright. He went to better colleges than you, for starters.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
judik
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 20787
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:21 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by judik » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Bright people can still be ideologues
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

Winston Churchill

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by joeyramone » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:15 pm

judik wrote:Bright people can still be ideologues



Yip. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he's not bright.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23746
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by Citizen Baba » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm not doubting people who I disagree with can be bright.

What I'm saying is I have no idea if Newt is bright or, like most of us, somewhere in the middling intelligence range.

You're claiming a salient and affirmative adjective is applicable to him. I'm saying that's a lazy regurgitation of a media narrative, because they always need such frames because the provable doesn't make a good story.

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23746
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by Citizen Baba » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:46 pm

I've read parts of his dissertation. It definitely falls in the middling range.

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23746
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by Citizen Baba » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:48 pm

His scholarship was stellar enough to land him a post at the University of West Georgia.

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by joeyramone » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:His scholarship was stellar enough to land him a post at the University of West Georgia.



and yours to get you into Syracuse. :lol:

You've read "parts" of his dissertation? What part, the table of contents?
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23746
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by Citizen Baba » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:37 am

joeyramone wrote:
Citizen Baba wrote:His scholarship was stellar enough to land him a post at the University of West Georgia.



and yours to get you into Syracuse. :lol:

You've read "parts" of his dissertation? What part, the table of contents?


I'm guessing that since you are changing the subject, you don't have an argument as to how Gingrich is "bright."

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by joeyramone » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:
joeyramone wrote:
Citizen Baba wrote:His scholarship was stellar enough to land him a post at the University of West Georgia.



and yours to get you into Syracuse. :lol:

You've read "parts" of his dissertation? What part, the table of contents?


I'm guessing that since you are changing the subject, you don't have an argument as to how Gingrich is "bright."



I already gave you evidence, which you've pretty much ignored. His education, his takeover of the House, his unprecedented legislative agenda which eminated from not the president, but the speaker of the house. What's your evidence he isn't bright? That he taught at a school maginally worse than Syracuse?
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23746
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by Citizen Baba » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:02 am

Funny, Joey, to engage your petty tiff, you went to lower-ranked undergrad and grad schools than I did. One would think if you had any sense, you wouldn't bring it up (especially when it has nothing to do with the thread.)

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by joeyramone » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:Funny, Joey, to engage your petty tiff, you went to lower-ranked undergrad and grad schools than I did. One would think if you had any sense, you wouldn't bring it up (especially when it has nothing to do with the thread.)



I'm sorry, my undergrad school isn't "ranked" anymore, so you lose on that first criteria (and besdies, they don't rank liberal arts colleges against unversities)

secondly, I didn't realize that you went to planning school and law school. What a surprise!

But all you've pretty much proven is that you don't like Newt, so you're smarter than him. Let's see, he was speaker of the house, and you do something of little consequence in Baltimore, other than fantasize about how much female co-workers are attracted to you.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

User avatar
Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese
Posts: 23746
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:44 am

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by Citizen Baba » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:52 am

joeyramone wrote:

I'm sorry, my undergrad school isn't "ranked" anymore, so you lose on that first criteria


And I'm sorry if it dropped out.

secondly, I didn't realize that you went to planning school and law school. What a surprise!


Why would I make such a poor investment?

But all you've pretty much proven is that you don't like Newt, so you're smarter than him.


No, you're the one who brought up the comparison, an irrelevant personal attack (again, funny, considering your undergraduate institution). I never said I was brighter than Newt. Instead, I said I have no idea whether Newt is bright or not. The evidence is mixed. I don't accept every media frame handed to me. At least I learned that in undergrad.

User avatar
joeyramone
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 18460
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:43 pm

Re: Gingrich bashes Romney's Explanation of Loss

Post by joeyramone » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:21 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:
joeyramone wrote:

I'm sorry, my undergrad school isn't "ranked" anymore, so you lose on that first criteria


And I'm sorry if it dropped out.

secondly, I didn't realize that you went to planning school and law school. What a surprise!


Why would I make such a poor investment?

But all you've pretty much proven is that you don't like Newt, so you're smarter than him.


No, you're the one who brought up the comparison, an irrelevant personal attack (again, funny, considering your undergraduate institution). I never said I was brighter than Newt. Instead, I said I have no idea whether Newt is bright or not. The evidence is mixed. I don't accept every media frame handed to me. At least I learned that in undergrad.



Epic fail on all points. That's pretty much a summation of your life up until now.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

Post Reply