Am I Missing Something Here?

Sponsored by Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow
Scott_Baio
Stew Ingredient

Post by Scott_Baio » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm

So....two years ago the Dems got jammed up so hard that they lost in record numbers. All of a sudden, over the past two years, the country has changed so much that the GOP is now going to have to revamp their whole message and run a brown face in order to get their message across. The demographic time bomb was so big that the GOP will never recover?

About the 2010 Midterms:
Approximately 82.5 million people voted.[2] The Democratic Party suffered massive defeats in many national and state level elections, with many seats switching to Republican Party control. The Republican Party gained 63 seats in the U.S. House of Representatives, recapturing the majority, and making it the largest seat change since 1948 and the largest for any midterm election since the 1938 midterm elections. The Republicans gained six seats in the U.S. Senate, expanding its minority, and also gained 680 seats in state legislative races,[3][4][5] to break the previous majority record of 628 set by Democrats in the post-Watergate elections of 1974.[5] This left Republicans in control of 25 state legislatures, compared to the 15 still controlled by Democrats. After the election, Republicans took control of 29 of the 50 State Governorships.

The teeth gnashing by the mainstream press over the GOP loss this past election cycle is truly amazing.

Discuss.
Haters wanna hate.

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Re: Am I Missing Something Here?

Post by Citizen Baba » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:18 pm

If you have to hope most voters stay home, you have a popularity problem.

Scott_Baio
Stew Ingredient

Post by Scott_Baio » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:31 pm

We are two years out from trouncing the Democrats in epic fashion. I'm just not sure that tossing out everything you believe in so you can garner an extra 8% of the Hispanic vote is the right move.

Now, do I think we need to do some outreach in that group?

Sure.

Women voters not so much. Women naturally feel sorry for minority men. They fall into that trap real easy. So I think once Ole Purple leaves in 2016 the GOP will make natural in roads with women voters.
Haters wanna hate.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:01 am

But, the Democrats kicked GOP ass in 2006, 2008 and 2012.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:15 am

Rubio might be the one to hit all the right buttons if he plays the next four years right. He's a small-gov Republican that could speak to fiscal conservatives, Latinos, and general middle of the road people who by 2016 will look up and say, "Wow, $20 trillion in debt and still no jobs. I guess the motherfuckers were right."

The mid-terms were a different thing because Obamacare had just come on the scene, and it got a lot of people out who actually pay attention to this stuff. It got an engaged, informed voter out. (That's why Liberals hate the Tea Party -- they're actually engaged and informed.) In the general election, especially with Obama, all they had to do was ride through the hood with an Obama party van. Then they told wannabe Hollywood types, "Black man good. White man bad." And women? They just told them they were going to be put in chains. Lots of women ain't so bright. As long as it lines up with the script they've been brain-washed into believing by the media and Hollywood, you can tell some of them anything. You can even catch them coming out of a Victoria Secret store and convince them they're in a fucking war.

Obama will fuck this up. You can count on that. The country will be ready for a Rubio or someone similar by 2016.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:39 am

Most Americans hate the Tea Party now because they're seen correctly as obstructionist. Being a member of the Tea Party is a liability. On top of that, they've spent more time dreaming up bizarre draconian abortion laws than they have reducing the size of government.

And, it's kind of ironic that a guy who can spew such off the cuff rationalization, and who seems to honestly believe it despite logic and common sense saying otherwise, could accuse anyone of being brain washed. You've drank the Kool-Aid with a Tequila chaser, and ate the worm at the bottom of the bottle. I mean, how stupid do you have to be? Do you really think that the reason black people didn't vote for Romney was because someone told them "black man good, white man bad"? What about every other election since 1972? What were they told? "White man good, white man bad"? That's what I mean- there's no common sense there, it's like a script. You've been told "Romney voter smart, Obama voter stupid" by the right wing media so much, you believe it.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

birdlite
Stew Ingredient

Post by birdlite » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:35 am

Annotated wrote:That's why Liberals hate the Tea Party -- they're actually engaged and informed.

ImageImageImage

cuchulainn
Instigator

Post by cuchulainn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:43 am

When I think informed, I think Tea Party.

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:51 am

birdlite wrote:
Annotated wrote:That's why Liberals hate the Tea Party -- they're actually engaged and informed.

ImageImageImage

Can you spell SHULAKKKING?

cuchulainn
Instigator

Post by cuchulainn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:37 am

“Although the Republicans won 55% of the House seats, they received less than half of the votes for members of the House of Representatives. Indeed, more than half-a-million more Americans voted for Democratic House candidates than for Republicans House candidates. There was no split-decision. The Democrats won both the presidential election and the House election. But the Republicans won 55% of the seats in the House.

This seems crazy. How could this be?

This answer lies in the 2010 election, in which Republicans won control of a substantial majority of state governments. They then used that power to re-draw congressional district lines in such a way as to maximize the Republican outcome in the 2012 House election.”

http://www.policymic.com/articles/18930 ... -the-house

coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient

Post by coffeeguy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:38 am

I agree. All this talk of needing to change is just a liberal conspiracy. Republicans lost because of wishy washy mitt trying to pretend he was a moderate. Americans didnt trust him. Republicans should run Santorum or Gingrich in 2016 on a tea party platform. The election will be theirs for sure.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:24 pm

The teeth gnashing by the mainstream press over the GOP loss this past election cycle is truly amazing.

Are these 2 prominent GOP poiticans part of he MSM?
http://washingtonexaminer.com/face-of-u ... ed/2047113
House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio, whose caucus is far more white and male, said Republicans need to learn to "speak to all Americans — you know, not just to people who look like us and act like us."

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, one of the GOP's most prominent black women, said the party needs to understand that "the changing demographics in the country really necessitate an even bigger tent for the Republican Party."
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

joeyramone
Stew Ingredient

Post by joeyramone » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Yeah you're missing an awful lot, Scotty. Good that you finally recognize it.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer