Countries Conservatives Can Move

Sponsored by Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow

Moderator: Moderator

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Given their recent defeat -- and even before the election the defeat of their more libertarian tendencies -- let's think of countries conservatives can move to.

I'm thinking Haiti would be perfect. Everything is privatized, including education and health care. No public goods.

I don't know how liberal their immigration policy is.

Given his silence, in the event he has been devoured by the crickets, maybe chachi has already decamped for Haiti.

AnnieOakley
stewed

Re: Countries Conservatives Can Move

Post by AnnieOakley » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Silence?
You meet the same folks on the way up as you do on the way down.

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:28 pm

Has he been around since the election?

flojin
Stew Ingredient

Post by flojin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:30 pm

Somalia. Libertarian paradise. No government anywhere.
Lost Soul wrote:I have it on good authority that William Brennan, Maobama's CIA head, will be referred by the IG for criminal indictment.

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:Has he been around since the election?

It's the whisper on everyone's lips that Annotated = Scotty.
We're just waiting for him to say "purple-lipped".

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:36 pm

If every conservative upped and moved to Haiti, in a matter of 18 months Haiti would like the U.S., and the U.S. would look like Haiti.

You stupid fucks -- who do you think pays your taxes? Who do you think does the work in this country?
Stay Woke

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Annotated wrote:If every conservative upped and moved to Haiti, in a matter of 18 months Haiti would like the U.S., and the U.S. would look like Haiti.

Great. Prove it. Last time I check, your prediction powers weren't all that astute.

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:38 pm

This post was made by Annotated who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:39 pm

AnnieOakley wrote:
This post was made by Annotated who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Hi, Annie! We know your watching! :wink:
Stay Woke

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Citizen Baba wrote:
Annotated wrote:If every conservative upped and moved to Haiti, in a matter of 18 months Haiti would like the U.S., and the U.S. would look like Haiti.

Great. Prove it. Last time I check, your prediction powers weren't all that astute.

Prove it? Look it up. Everyone knows who pays the taxes in the U.S.
Stay Woke

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:41 pm

Send us a postcard from Haiti.

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:41 pm

Considering that red states mostly take more in federal government dollars than they send, I can't say I'd miss them. The red-state paradise of Mississippi already has a 3rd world GINI coefficient, so Haiti probably wouldn't be much of a change for them.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 pm

Yeah, the blue states pay taxes to support the red ones, generally speaking

That's part of the reason why the GOP is such a miserable failure. They think their supporters pay the most tax, but they don't. Not even close.
Last edited by Godjira on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's the kind of bold flavor they enjoy in Albuquerque!

AnnieOakley
stewed

Post by AnnieOakley » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Show nuf it does...

Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said in May that he’d written off votes from 47 percent of Americans who are collecting government aid. Turns out many of them are part of his political base.

Seventy percent of counties with the fastest-growth in food-stamp aid during the last four years voted for the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg. They include Republican strongholds like King County, Texas, which in 2008 backed Republican John McCain by 92.6 percent, his largest share in the nation; and fast-growing Douglas County, Colorado....

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-11-05/republican-heavy-counties-eat-up-most-food-stamp-growth

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Haiti has already had enough tragedy- the last thing they need is a band of fat, lazy, psychopaths.

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:51 pm

You stupid fucks will say anything, won't you?

First it's the rich who are the meanie conservatives. And it's a known fact who pays the majority of the taxes -- rich guys. Now suddenly ... somehow ... magically ... in your mind it's layabout liberals who pay all the taxes.

No wonder Obama was able to dupe you so easily. Hahahahahahaha!
Stay Woke

Flobster
Stew Ingredient

Post by Flobster » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:30 am

Well, if I get your drift, the "rich guys" live in states that voted for Obama.
The world ended on 21 December 2012.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:49 am

Annotated wrote:You stupid fucks will say anything, won't you?

First it's the rich who are the meanie conservatives. And it's a known fact who pays the majority of the taxes -- rich guys. Now suddenly ... somehow ... magically ... in your mind it's layabout liberals who pay all the taxes.

No wonder Obama was able to dupe you so easily. Hahahahahahaha!

Facts are facts, milquetoast.

But, do continue with your diversionary insults- it's what you're best at!

I've always said that the richest and best educated people are from the blue states, and the facts bear it out.

2wilzgood
Stew Ingredient

Post by 2wilzgood » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 am

Mexico is nice. Real old school conservative. The rich hold on to their money. And the losers are on their own.

Government nowhere to be seen. But plenty of.. business to be done. Try not to be a secuestro. Paradise.

Picture 1920's Chicago.
I used to feel empathy for the poor. Now I just want them all to die. - ScottBaio
You will die like a dog for no good reason. - Hemingway
My efforts here are wasted - wilz

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:21 am

Godjira wrote:I've always said that the richest and best educated people are from the blue states, and the facts bear it out.

You mean like Donald Trump?

You truly are ... well ... you're just plain stupid. You're dim. You're dumb. You're dull. You're dense. You have no intelligence. You're a fatuous idiot and a fool. You're an inarticulate lump with nothing to articulate. You're a witless moron and a drooling goon. You're a pointed-headed mound of shit with no point to make. You're an imbecile, a dolt, a nitwit, and a dunce. Your mental activity registers you at the level of concrete. In short, you're the perfect Obama voter. ... Now, here's a piece a string. Take it over there to the corner. We'll get back to you in a few days.
Stay Woke

incognita
red fanged She-devil

Post by incognita » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:26 am

I would say that Annotated is now in stage 2 of the grief process.
As an adult, the beer aisle at the grocery makes me feel exactly like the cereal aisle made me feel as a kid.

foolsprogress
Stew Ingredient

Post by foolsprogress » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:35 am

flojin wrote:Somalia. Libertarian paradise. No government anywhere.

Yes. And the religious sorts could move to some Taliban controlled corner of Afghanistan where they can kill gays with impunity and stone underage rape victims to death. And the southern conservatives could go to some Arab shithole where they can still own black slaves. (Where was it AmericanJoe was hanging out with slavers?) And perhaps the few black conservatives could volunteer to be those slaves.
Let me live in a house by the side of the road...

judik
Stew Ingredient

Post by judik » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:38 am

Annotated's soulmate
Teenage Republican upset at Obama win
Tweets she wants to move to Australia
Deletes account after being called dumb

BARACK Obama’s “four more years” victory tweet may have become the most retweeted message of all time, but last night one American teenager’s misguided views on Australia were lighting up the twittersphere down under.

Clearly disappointed with the election result, 18-year-old Georgia republican Kristen Neel joined the throngs of American Twitter users claiming they were moving to Australia to escape Obama’s presidency.

Unfortunately, she got a few facts wrong.

“I’m moving to Australia, because their president is a Christian and actually supports what he says,” she tweeted.

Neel’s tweet quickly went viral as bemused Aussies retweeted it more than 1400 times, many pointing out that Australia actually has an atheist, female Prime Minister.

“Our Prime Minister is a woman, an atheist who lives with a man she hasn’t married. I don’t think you’d like it here,” tweeted Ian Cuthbertson, TV editor at The Australian.

“I think you meant Antarctica. Move there,” tweeted @post_rock0.

“Congratulations on being the dumbest person in the world,” tweeted @Patrickavenell.

Georgia. It figures
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

Winston Churchill

foolsprogress
Stew Ingredient

Post by foolsprogress » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:03 am

It's really funny how the Aussies and liberals hounded and beat up on a teenage aged girl for saying something stupid on twitter. Good on ya, I say. And a real knee slapper. I see that they've managed to hound and humiliate her to the point that she deleted her account. That must have been truly satisfying for those who were able to get in a whack before she had to hide in shame. Savor it, Aussies. You sure showed her.

judik
Stew Ingredient

Post by judik » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:13 am

Oh,the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
She had to delete her twitter account :(
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.

Winston Churchill

foolsprogress
Stew Ingredient

Post by foolsprogress » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:21 am

judik wrote:Oh,the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
She had to delete her twitter account :(

Don't underplay your accomplishment. Be proud.

judik
Stew Ingredient

Post by judik » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:25 am

???
I did nothing

So a narcissistic self absorbed teen(like most people who tweet) got caught being stupid
You are defending that?
Odd

Winston Churchill

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:25 am

Annotated wrote:
Godjira wrote:I've always said that the richest and best educated people are from the blue states, and the facts bear it out.

You mean like Donald Trump?

You truly are ... well ... you're just plain stupid. You're dim. You're dumb. You're dull. You're dense. You have no intelligence. You're a fatuous idiot and a fool. You're an inarticulate lump with nothing to articulate. You're a witless moron and a drooling goon. You're a pointed-headed mound of shit with no point to make. You're an imbecile, a dolt, a nitwit, and a dunce. Your mental activity registers you at the level of concrete. In short, you're the perfect Obama voter. ... Now, here's a piece a string. Take it over there to the corner. We'll get back to you in a few days.

Donald Trump is from New York, but he is not the only rich and well educated person in the world. That's just stupid.

Anyway, I see you're seething from that chart I posted, which is proves your absurd comment about Republicans paying the most in taxes is incorrect. Don't have a stroke, just admit you fucked up and move on- for your own sake.

Debating with you is like debating with nothing.

judik
Stew Ingredient

Post by judik » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:26 am

and well educated person

he's well educated?
Really??

Winston Churchill

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:27 am

foolsprogress wrote:It's really funny how the Aussies and liberals hounded and beat up on a teenage aged girl for saying something stupid on twitter. Good on ya, I say. And a real knee slapper. I see that they've managed to hound and humiliate her to the point that she deleted her account. That must have been truly satisfying for those who were able to get in a whack before she had to hide in shame. Savor it, Aussies. You sure showed her.

Life has many lessons- some are easier to learn than others.

Let's hope next time she'll think before she writes.

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:47 am

judik wrote:
and well educated person

he's well educated?
Really??

Well, he is well educated. He went to the Wharton School. Of course, that doesn't equal smart or intelligent, just that he had a good education, but in Trump's case- the guy is just a jerk.

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:00 am

Godjira wrote:Anyway, I see you're seething from that chart I posted, which is proves your absurd comment about Republicans paying the most in taxes is incorrect. Don't have a stroke, just admit you fucked up and move on- for your own sake.

You know, I was just having fun before with what I wrote, but the truth is you really are stupid. I mean actually stupid.

Godjira wrote:Debating with you is like debating with nothing.

Exactly. You just spew shit out as if you're alone in a room rambling to yourself. It's not a "debate" on my part, sparky. Sometimes I slap you around a little when I'm in the mood. But you're too stupid to actually engage seriously. Just look at this thread.
Stay Woke

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:16 am

scabiesanus wrote:
Exactly. You just spew shit out as if you're alone in a room rambling to yourself. It's not a "debate" on my part, sparky. Sometimes I slap you around a little when I'm in the mood. But you're too stupid to actually engage seriously. Just look at this thread.

The only think you slap, pantywaist, is female kindergartners- which is the reason for your restraining order.

You like to pretend your like such a like totally like cool sacred cow like killer, but your just one more brainless hack afraid to question what your daddy taught you.

Now, go get your country back, pussy boy. But, don't let me give you another stroke.

foolsprogress
Stew Ingredient

Post by foolsprogress » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:34 am

judik wrote:???
I did nothing

So a narcissistic self absorbed teen(like most people who tweet) got caught being stupid
You are defending that?
Odd

Defending it? No. I'm praising Australia's accomplishment. This is truly something for the Australians and the liberals to be proud of. They beat down and harrassed a teenage girl to the point that she shut her twitter account. A teenage girl! And a Georgia Christian no less. They retweeted her a couple thousand times, sent her lots of cutting messages telling her how stupid she is, how dumb her religion is and how stupid her accent must sound...and it made the news on several Australian outlets. It's even been posted here 2 or 3 times today. Like, wow. What's not to crow about here? Good job guys! This is a proud moment for the Australians and American liberals that made it happen.

tph24601
Stew Ingredient

Post by tph24601 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:35 am

This is a proud moment for the Australians and American liberals that made it happen.

a dizzy teenager tweeted somthing dumb about obama and australia, and some australians made fun of her

this relates to amerikkkan liberals how?

and I think you forgot to blame Obama

foolsprogress
Stew Ingredient

Post by foolsprogress » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:38 am

tph24601 wrote:
This is a proud moment for the Australians and American liberals that made it happen.

a dizzy teenager tweeted somthing dumb about obama and australia, and some australians made fun of her

this relates to amerikkkan liberals how?

and I think you forgot to blame Obama

My apologies. I don't mean to detract from Australia's accomplishment here. If the Aussies did it on their own, then they certainly deserve all the credit and glory due them.

redstarline
Stew Ingredient

Post by redstarline » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:53 am

I thought Liberia was the place to go if you reject the USA?
"I'm glad RSL wasn't there to mock the rinpoche and call him a moron for listening to an invisible man in the sky."

coffeeguy
Stew Ingredient

Post by coffeeguy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Recommend a visit to Lima Peru for those conservatives wanting to move. 90% of population live in slums, 10% behind barbed wire and electric fences.

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Why does New Mexico receive so much federal money per capita?
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

rider5
Stew Ingredient

Post by rider5 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:07 pm

simon_in_exile wrote:Why does New Mexico receive so much federal money per capita?

It has a low population (Albuquerque pop 500k is the largest city), is home to Los Alamos Nat'l Lab, a lot of it is National Forest or Bureau of Land Management land, and it might have more Indian Reservation land than even Arizona.

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:24 pm

I knew most of that (thought Alberquerque was bigger though), but wouldn't have thought the forests would eat up so much money? Nor Los Alamos, come to mention it - that's run on federal grants?
Those maps Godjira posted raise plenty of similar questions - intriguing stuff!
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

Dagny
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dagny » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:28 pm

I don't get it. The payment intensity seems to match up pretty well with the allotment. New Mexico, DC and Maryland are not Blue any more? Does Federal money mean welfare payments or National Parks, Government facilities, Indian reservations...? Are there any cliff notes for this one? I'm only newly a minority democrat so I'm catching up.
Free Leonard!

rider5
Stew Ingredient

Post by rider5 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:42 pm

simon_in_exile wrote:I knew most of that (thought Alberquerque was bigger though), but wouldn't have thought the forests would eat up so much money? Nor Los Alamos, come to mention it - that's run on federal grants?

A single municipality in the Phoenix metro area probably has more people than the entire State of NM, and the Federal holdings and reservations are about the same between the two states, so that radically changes the per capita numbers.

I doubt if the NF and BLM eat up much Federal money, but they are also not contributing anything to state treasuries via taxes.

Dagny
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dagny » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Ahhaaa! Look at the Gini coefficients of the most intense states. I knew it. With the darkest, Texas, New York, Florida and California having some of the highest inthe country. I'm just mastering this liberal stuff.

Top Ten Gini Coefficient US

Tennessee 0.468

Texas 0.469

California 0.471

Alabama 0.472

Florida 0.474

Louisiana 0.475

Massachusetts 0.475

Connecticut 0.486

New York 0.499

District of Columbia 0.532
Free Leonard!

Godjira
Stew Ingredient

Post by Godjira » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:21 pm

States on the Mexican border where it's easy to cross must get lots of federal money.

By the way, of course it's not cut and dry blue/red and high/low tax payments. It is interesting to see, though, that generally the areas paying more in tax than they're getting in return are more liberal.

Dagny
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dagny » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Godjira wrote: It is interesting to see, though, that generally the areas paying more in tax than they're getting in return are more liberal.

Which ones besides poor Idaho?
Free Leonard!

joeyramone
Stew Ingredient

Post by joeyramone » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:23 pm

You stupid fucks -- who do you think pays your taxes? Who do you think does the work in this country?

How come Mississippi, alabama and south carolina aren't all paradises? They've been under conservative rule since 1865.
"Your fairy tale would sound better if two elves came out and did the Safety Dance at the end." Logg to Zaffer

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:24 pm

I agree with FP that the Australians have gone a short way to hit an easy target here.

I have heard more than once from American libertarians that Australia would be the ideal country for them. An assertion I find truly bizarre.

Dagny
Stew Ingredient

Post by Dagny » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:34 pm

foolsprogress wrote:
judik wrote:???
I did nothing

You are defending that?
Odd

Defending it? No. I'm praising Australia's accomplishment. This is truly something for the Australians and the liberals to be proud of. They beat down and harrassed a teenage girl to the point that she shut her twitter account. A teenage girl! And a Georgia Christian no less. They retweeted her a couple thousand times, sent her lots of cutting messages telling her how stupid she is, how dumb her religion is and how stupid her accent must sound...and it made the news on several Australian outlets. It's even been posted here 2 or 3 times today. Like, wow. What's not to crow about here? Good job guys! This is a proud moment for the Australians and American liberals that made it happen.

O'k I'm playing catch up here. Just looked the quote up. Is this it? "I'm moving to Australia because their president is a Christian and actually supports what he says." Frankly, I thought I was going to find something racist rather than completely inaccurate. Did she tweet more than this?
Free Leonard!

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:41 pm

She kind of brings to mind the narrator of Randy Newman's "Political Science." We (the USA) want to nuke the whole world, Australia excepted because "no one wants to hurt a kangaroo."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iiv-6fMKyY