Anti-Semitism on the rise say Europe's Jews

Keep it civil or we'll send in UN peacekeepers

Moderator: Moderator

Geece
Scratty Peasant

Anti-Semitism on the rise say Europe's Jews

Post by Geece » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 am

The FRA's director stating the obvious when he says that Europe has a tradition of anti-Semitism...

Many Jews in Europe say anti-Semitism is increasing, particularly on the internet, according to a survey by the EU's Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA).

The survey of 5,847 Jewish people said 66% of those who responded considered anti-Semitism to be a problem.

Three out of four respondents, 76%, believed anti-Semitism had increased over the past five years.

The survey was carried out in 2012 in eight countries which are home to about 90% of the EU's Jewish population.

Respondents in Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Sweden and the United Kingdom were asked to give "their opinions and perceptions on anti-Semitic trends and anti-Semitism as a problem in everyday".

They were also asked about their personal experiences and worries about their own safety and that of family members.

There was particular concern about anti-Semitism online. About three-quarters of respondents considered that to be a problem which is getting worse.

A British woman in her 50s, quoted in the survey, said she had "experienced more anti-Semitic comments" since going on Facebook "than I ever have done throughout my whole life".

She added: "This is very dispiriting. The speed at which hostile comments and misinformation can be passed around is frightening and leads to a sense of deep unease, which may not connect with the day-to-day reality of being Jewish in a diverse society."

Condemnation call
The survey found 29% of those surveyed had considered emigrating because of concerns about safety, with particularly high figures recorded in Hungary (48%), France (46%) and Belgium (40%).

It found one in five respondents had personally experienced at least one anti-Semitic verbal insult and/or a physical attack in the year before the survey.

Perpetrators of the most serious incidents were described as "being perceived as someone with Muslim extremist views, 27%, left-wing political views, 22%, or with right-wing views, 19%".

Respondents said the most frequent comments made by non-Jewish people in the UK were: "Israelis behave 'like Nazis' towards the Palestinians" and "Jews exploit Holocaust victimhood for their own purposes" (both 35%).

The survey showed significant differences between Western and Eastern European countries.

In Latvia, only 8% said the Israeli-Arab conflict had had a large impact on how safe they felt, but the figure rose to 28% for Germany and was as high as 73% in France.

FRA Director Morten Kjaerum said this reflected differing histories, as well as recent patterns of immigration.

"I think that there is across Europe... a traditional form of anti-Semitism that goes back in history for a long time," he said.

"But then we also see a particular sort of anti-Semitism reported by the respondents, namely the anti-Semitism which comes out of the conflict in the Middle East. And this is where you have to be careful: when do you have a legitimate critique of whatever your position may be in terms of that particular conflict and when would it be an anti-Semitic statement?"

The FRA said EU countries should work "urgently" to find effective ways to combat online anti-Semitism. It called on public figures to condemn anti-Semitic statements.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24857207

chimes
resident rebel

Re: Anti-Semitism on the rise say Europe's Jews

Post by chimes » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 am

Geece wrote:The FRA's director stating the obvious when he says that Europe has a tradition of anti-Semitism...

They'll have to produce some work every once in a while, just in order to protect their annual budget.

The survey was carried out in 2012 in eight countries which are home to about 90% of the EU's Jewish population.

And the FRA is lazy. Only eight countries out of the how many meanwhile in Europe? For a more valuable study into this problem, they should have
a] done their investigations in áll European countries, and
b] not only among Jewish people: of course not!

There was particular concern about anti-Semitism online. About three-quarters of respondents considered that to be a problem which is getting worse.

While that may be true, it is also the most easy place to avoid anti-semitism imo.

But personally I have very bad memories of being stalked and threatened and accused on the interwebs, my name & other personal data being exposed, particularly by Jewish individuals and Jewish organizations, for speaking out against the policies of the State of Israel and against Jews/Jewish organizations dictating how the Dutch can be allowed - by them - to organize our annual commemoration of the end of World War 2 ("Dodenherdenking", May 4). As if they own the whole place here! And I am by far not the only Dutch national who feels this way, still angry!!!

A British woman in her 50s, quoted in the survey, said she had "experienced more anti-Semitic comments" since going on Facebook "than I ever have done throughout my whole life".

The feeling is mutual in that sense, that before I started using the internet in August 2000, I always had a kind of extra respect and understanding for Jewish people anywhere. Because of how, as a race, they had suffered. Not only during the Holocaust, also in many previous centuries with the diaspora.

That general respect soon started to decline when I started meeting them & their opinions on the internet...

Respondents said the most frequent comments made by non-Jewish people in the UK were: "Israelis behave 'like Nazis' towards the Palestinians" and "Jews exploit Holocaust victimhood for their own purposes" (both 35%).

Can't but second that. Honestly. Israeli governments during the past 65 years appeared to have learned far too much from Nazi war crimes. It's the very lást people one would expect it from : the victims and their descendants.
'don't do unto others what you don't want others do unto you'

But alas...

With the addition that I'm fully aware that certainly not áll Jewish people are alike in how they perceive the actions and policy of the government in Jerusalem. On the contrary: I know damned well they're not. Tempted to say now that after all there are "good Jews" too. Same as there were "good Germans".

The survey showed significant differences between Western and Eastern European countries.

In Latvia, only 8% said the Israeli-Arab conflict had had a large impact on how safe they felt, but the figure rose to 28% for Germany and was as high as 73% in France.

You don't say...

All in all a lousy, lazy survey if you ask me, that is undoubtedly not worth the money it will have cost European tax payers.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Chimes, my dear, thise are 8 countries witha significant Jewih presence.
Respondents in Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Sweden and the United Kingdom

The feeling is mutual in that sense, that before I started using the internet in August 2000, I always had a kind of extra respect and understanding for Jewish people anywhere. Because of how, as a race, they had suffered. Not only during the Holocaust, also in many previous centuries with the diaspora.

That general respect soon started to decline when I started meeting them & their opinions on the internet...
:roll:
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:08 pm

It is funny how the piece of shit, cancerous cell Chimes defends her hatred of Israel. It is also funny, that her terminal condition which hopefully would lead her to hell SOONER RATHER THAN LATER taught her nothing. DOES THE TRASH KNOW THAT ISRAEL IS NOT AN ISLAND. IT IS SURROUNDED BY 5 SOMALIAS AND 10 AL-QAEDAS.

SYRIA IS RIGHT ON THE BORDER WITH ISRAEL. WE COULD ONLY WISH THAT HER NATIVE HOLLAND BEEN RIGHT ON THE BORDER WITH IRAQ, LIBYA, ERITREA OR SOMALIA. THE BITCH DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THAT LIVING IN THAT NEIGHBORHOOD, CREATING A DEMOCRACY, A MODERN STATE AND STILL BE SURROUNDED BY THE 9/11 TYPE PERPETRATORS IS MIRACULOUS IN ITSELF. THERE IS NO LAND ON THE SURFACE OF THIS PLANET THAT SUBJECTED TO THE ISRAELI TYPE CHALLENGES.

AS FOR THE UGLY CONTINENT OF EUROPE, HOPEFULLY, IT BECOMES JUDENREIN. JEWS SHOULD LEAVE THAT NASTY CONTINENT FOR ISRAEL OR THE USA AND LET IT DIE IN PAIN AND MISERY.

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Hey, Chimes. Be brave! Can you reveal your name? Lets see your courage!

bojangles
Stew Ingredient

Post by bojangles » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:11 pm

If you truly believe the Middle East is an irredeemable shithole, perhaps choosing it for your promised land and then complaining about the neighbours rings a little hollow.
Don't bother with the future. Stay here with us.

And about the gassing thing-is that how your father ended it, head in the oven and all that or was it a hosepipe into the car?

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:14 pm

bojangles wrote:If you truly believe the Middle East is an irredeemable shithole, perhaps choosing it for your promised land and then complaining about the neighbours rings a little hollow.

Shhhh...lets see if Chimes reveals her identity!

PS. .......and please dont be stupid! I dont care about your anitsemitism but will not tolerate your stupidity. You cannot chose your alcoholic parents and you cannot chose who lives next to you, a sex offender, gangster or a prostitute.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:18 pm

If you truly believe the Middle East is an irredeemable shithole, perhaps choosing it for your promised land and then complaining about the neighbours rings a little hollow.
Funny coming for someone living on an island

bojangles
Stew Ingredient

Post by bojangles » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm sure there's some profound thinking behind that comment, Polar. As ever, it's not immediately apparent.

And about the gassing thing-is that how your father ended it, head in the oven and all that or was it a hosepipe into the car?

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Nothing profound comnig fomr ou and your island nation.

bojangles
Stew Ingredient

Post by bojangles » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Ok.

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:28 pm

polardude1 wrote:
Funny coming for someone living on an island

Not only on the island but on the island that exterminated the locals. What is even funnier that some people with the bloody past think that they have made a great discovery: they miraculously found morality but not for themselves. They found it for those who are surrounded by thugs, criminals and terrorists.

Little do they know that certain people were teaching ethics and morality to the common folk when the british kings and queens were still illiterate and long, very long before their rulers exported their convicts to an island where they slaughtered the natives.

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:30 pm

.......but lets see how courageous Chimes is to tell us who she is.

NorthAmerican
Stew Ingredient

Post by NorthAmerican » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:51 pm

queenrania wrote:.......but lets see how courageous Chimes is to tell us who she is.
Forgive me for asking, but where in this thread have you posted your own name, address, and other identifying information? Some people may need role models, and perhaps if you showed how brave you are in this respect, chimes would have a shining example to follow.
I enjoy reading NorthAmerican's posts. So well-written and interesting except for the dull parts.--Nines

ben_hanscombe
Stew Ingredient

Post by ben_hanscombe » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Anglophobes always reveal themselves.
Born a worm, spins a coccoon
Goes to sleep, wakes up a butterfly
What the fuck is that about?

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:59 pm

NorthAmerican wrote:
queenrania wrote:.......but lets see how courageous Chimes is to tell us who she is.
Forgive me for asking, but where in this thread have you posted your own name, address, and other identifying information? Some people may need role models, and perhaps if you showed how brave you are in this respect, chimes would have a shining example to follow.

Forgive me for reminding you, did you read what she wrote up above? According to her she is already known at least among the Jews of Holland as an antisemitic garbage. Apparently, she one of ......Therefore, what does she have to lose by revealing her notorious identity?

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:37 pm

queenrania wrote:It is funny how the piece of shit, cancerous cell Chimes defends her hatred of Israel. It is also funny, that her terminal condition which hopefully would lead her to hell SOONER RATHER THAN LATER taught her nothing. DOES THE TRASH KNOW THAT ISRAEL IS NOT AN ISLAND. IT IS SURROUNDED BY 5 SOMALIAS AND 10 AL-QAEDAS.

SYRIA IS RIGHT ON THE BORDER WITH ISRAEL. WE COULD ONLY WISH THAT HER NATIVE HOLLAND BEEN RIGHT ON THE BORDER WITH IRAQ, LIBYA, ERITREA OR SOMALIA. THE BITCH DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THAT LIVING IN THAT NEIGHBORHOOD, CREATING A DEMOCRACY, A MODERN STATE AND STILL BE SURROUNDED BY THE 9/11 TYPE PERPETRATORS IS MIRACULOUS IN ITSELF. THERE IS NO LAND ON THE SURFACE OF THIS PLANET THAT SUBJECTED TO THE ISRAELI TYPE CHALLENGES.

AS FOR THE UGLY CONTINENT OF EUROPE, HOPEFULLY, IT BECOMES JUDENREIN. JEWS SHOULD LEAVE THAT NASTY CONTINENT FOR ISRAEL OR THE USA AND LET IT DIE IN PAIN AND MISERY.

I’m not sure 'Funny' is the best choice of words here but I love the Caps
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Well, I never knew you had a sense of humor. Thanks for revealing yourself.

Speaking seriously, it is not surprising Jews feel the way they do. Hatred is a part and parcel of the European DNA in general and hatred of the European Jews is something that solidly rooted in the European traditions, culture, history, etc. The Europeans have manifested their hatred time and again. These days it is directed at Jewish Israel. It will never be eradicated.

LytnIt
Stew Ingredient

Post by LytnIt » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:56 pm

the jEws have it EZ conpared to my people THAY SHOOT AT AND TRIE TO KILL MY PEEPL
==/= ==/ / == === =/= = =/ =/==, =//= /== == -/ // ==/= ==/ /!!

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:42 pm

LytnIt wrote:the jEws have it EZ conpared to my people THAY SHOOT AT AND TRIE TO KILL MY PEEPL

Thanks for your coherent and very valuable contribution. Yep, Jews have had it EZ in Europe:

chimes
resident rebel

Post by chimes » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:39 pm

As long as the MIGHTY State of Israel keeps on not giving A SHIT about the fate of its Holocaust survivors, that immigrated there,

who cares about opinions on Political Stew?

People in their eighties, nineties now, that managed to make it to "Israel". But to this very day, are left there in complete POVERTY?

Many many thousands of them there still, as we speak.

To the extent they're living in even more poverty and extreme homelesness, than elderly Jewish people nowadays do in the eastern European countries, that they left.

http://brandpunt.incontxt.nl/seizoenen/ ... n_verleden
Tens of thousands of Holocaust survivors in Israel appear to have to spend their days in obscurity and abject poverty. Pitifully housed and virtually devoid of any relief, they are driven to the margins of society.
Old men and women, deep in their eighties or nineties, that very often were the only one in their family to survive Nazism and wo are socially and economically being neglected in the Israel of 2013.

A documentary by Fons de Poel about - according to some - the greatest shame of the country.

The Dutch Brandpunt TV-broadcast of a fortnight ago, is in above link. And impressive & saddening it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition:

Howzat for the global daily criticism and relentless WHINING, by mostly comfortably seated & housed younger US-Jews & their global lobby?

Eh?

bojangles
Stew Ingredient

Post by bojangles » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Please stop.

chimes
resident rebel

Post by chimes » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:03 pm

LytnIt wrote:the jEws have it EZ conpared to my people THAY SHOOT AT AND TRIE TO KILL MY PEEPL

Well I can't guarantee that the Ramala Teachings back then, were 100% accurate.

They were received in Glastonbury, UK.

What they, one day, said, was that the Jewish race was planted on Planet Earth, by way of an experiment by our Creator.

Seed that needed to learn, among the already present rest of the human beings.

True or not, a great many of us - non-Jewish - are left with the consequences and the damage.

But that a couple of Jewish descendants still have tons to learn, on this planet, imo is only too obvious.

chimes
resident rebel

Post by chimes » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:55 pm

forum Israel - Palestine

Moderator: Moderator

Figures...

Tell me, who is the culprit?

It has to be a nitwit without the least of historical education.

mishmish
Stew Ingredient

Post by mishmish » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:39 pm

whew. what a duo. garbage can concentrate.
now see, this is why the powers-that-be created the I/P zoo

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:53 am

mishmish wrote:whew. what a duo. garbage can concentrate.

Do you not see the leap of logic there?

Ostensibly it was so that Israeli/Arab discussions could be carried on in a parallel track to regular issues because otherwise these posts tend to "clutter the board."

But as this thread clearly shows, it's a place where they can stick Jews and Jew-haters at random intervals, whether or not the subject is Israel or Palestine.

It's the Jewish Ghetto, not the IP Branch.

Getting rid of the problem mod helped immeasurably, but people shouldn't kid themselves about what this branch is, especially not after this thread.

chimes
resident rebel

Post by chimes » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:51 pm

Literatur
Ungarischer Autor Akos Kertesz erhält Asyl in Kanada
Freitag, 15.11.2013, 12:46
http://www.focus.de/kultur/buecher/lite ... 59677.html

Der ungarische Schriftsteller Akos Kertesz hat wegen politischer Verfolgung in seiner Heimat in Kanada Asyl erhalten.
„Mit großer Freude teile ich hiermit jedem mit, jedem Freund und jedem Leser, dass mich Kanada auf der Grundlage der Genfer Konvention von 1951 unter Schutz gestellt und zusammen mit meiner Frau aufgenommen hat“, schrieb der 80-jährige Holocaust-Überlebende am späten Donnerstagabend im ungarisch-amerikanischen Internet-Portal „Amerikai Nepszava“ (New York). Er fühle sich jetzt in Kanada zu Hause, fügte er hinzu.

It's probably too early in Canada still this Friday, for its English and French online media to publish their own story about Kertesz - a Holocaust survivor - being granted political asylum there.

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Logg wrote:
mishmish wrote:whew. what a duo. garbage can concentrate.

Do you not see the leap of logic there?

Ostensibly it was so that Israeli/Arab discussions could be carried on in a parallel track to regular issues because otherwise these posts tend to "clutter the board."

But as this thread clearly shows, it's a place where they can stick Jews and Jew-haters at random intervals, whether or not the subject is Israel or Palestine.

It's the Jewish Ghetto, not the IP Branch.

Getting rid of the problem mod helped immeasurably, but people shouldn't kid themselves about what this branch is, especially not after this thread.

Well...at least there is a ghetto. There was an interesting scene in the R. Polanski's movie "The pianist". When Jews were forced out of their homes and shoved into the Warsaw ghetto one of the main characters after settling in one of the communal apartments said: "it is not so bad"!

They always shove the Jews in some periphery. The Russians shoved them here:

they sent Jews to develop their Far East. Perhaps this forum shoved the Jews for the same reason: to develop the peripheral part of this forum.

It looks like Tel Aviv, is not it?

The Russian experiement obviously flopped as many Jews moved to Israel. In essence it is the same outcome and conclusion. If Jews depend on someone else to make rules then they cant really complain much.

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:27 pm

@logg

Can I send you a PM? I have a question.

As for Chimes, that is where she comes from and that is who and what she represents:

Image and hopefully, that is where she is headed together with the rest of them: Kilombos, Zaffers, Terries...etc

jamesconnolly
Sleep is for loosers

Post by jamesconnolly » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:45 am

that's fucked up, man
“During moments of strife and 'dis-ease', check your flow and redirect your focus to that which is naturally good.”

“May the fleas of a thousand camels invade the crotch of the person that ruins your day. And may their arms be to short too scratch”