one more Zionist monster †

Keep it civil or we'll send in UN peacekeepers
chimes
resident rebel

one more Zionist monster †

Post by chimes » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Ovadia Yosef seems to have died today, 93 years old.

A mónster of a man. An ultraorthodox Rabbi that preferred to see his followers fully equipped with Kalashnikovs to kill anything Palestinian.

What's worrisome, is that from all over the territory of the State of Israel, people today seem to have come to Jerusalem to mourn this beast.

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, Influential Spiritual Leader in Israel, Dies at 93
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/08/world ... .html?_r=0
By police estimates 700,000 people — almost a 10th of the population of Israel — swept into the streets and onto rooftops along the route of the funeral procession, many of them chanting prayers and tearing their clothes in a show of grief that brought much of the city to a standstill.

Have it swept off the map by the United Nations, please: all of the State of Israel since 1948.
It's a perpetual burden/threat to world peace.

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Re: one more Zionist monster †

Post by queenrania » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Only a dirty, ugly, cancer infested diarrhea would state that shit on the day of passing of one of the greatest sages of our times.

Hopefully, when you die they will flush your ashes down the toilet. Go to hell, beast!

If you have kids, beast, may you be buried on top of them! You should not have been allowed to produce another human, you venomous human trash.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Why is he a monster? Did he ordr the murder of anyone. Did he inspire murder. Yes, he was a bigot and has made many asinine remarks , but why is he a "monster"? I have no patience for many of his views but did he commit some crime against humanity?

An ultraorthodox Rabbi that preferred to see his followers fully equipped with Kalashnikovs to kill anything Palestinian.

That is kind of funny considering he objected to the military draft for the ultra orthodox. He was hardly the vanguard of the WB settlemen movement . He was a bit more complex than you might think

In one landmark ruling that challenged the traditional Ashkenazi Orthodox camp, Rabbi Yosef determined that it was permissible for Israel to concede territory in return for true peace, based on the halachic principle that saving lives comes above all. But he and Shas began to take a more hawkish line, especially after 2000, as the peace process dissolved into the violence of the second Intifada. The Palestinians’ intentions were not genuine, he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/08/world ... ted=2&_r=0
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:58 pm

polardude1 wrote:Why is he a monster? Did he ordr the murder of anyone. Did he inspire murder. Yes, he was a bigot and has made many asinine remarks , but why is he a "monster"? I have no patience for many of his views but did he commit some crime against humanity?

An ultraorthodox Rabbi that preferred to see his followers fully equipped with Kalashnikovs to kill anything Palestinian.

That is kind of funny considering he objected to the military draft for the ultra orthodox. He was hardly the vanguard of the WB settlemen movement . He was a bit more complex than you might think

In one landmark ruling that challenged the traditional Ashkenazi Orthodox camp, Rabbi Yosef determined that it was permissible for Israel to concede territory in return for true peace, based on the halachic principle that saving lives comes above all. But he and Shas began to take a more hawkish line, especially after 2000, as the peace process dissolved into the violence of the second Intifada. The Palestinians’ intentions were not genuine, he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/08/world ... ted=2&_r=0

You know Polar, you are real crazy. Why in the world are you answering that human waste when you know that he was a prodigy. Prodigies like him are a rarety. 1 or 2 men in 100 - 400 years! He was not just an expert in Jewish law but super, super expert. If there had been a Nobel Prize for sages like him he would have gotten 10 of them.

As for Chimes, may pain, death and misery follow her for as long as she breathes.

brettyb
Stew Ingredient

Post by brettyb » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:06 pm

chimes wrote:Have it swept off the map by the United Nations, please: all of the State of Israel since 1948.

What an imbecilic statement. Why on earth would you lobby for the destruction of the only state in the entire region that comes close to representing western liberal values? You have things entirely backwards.
Sacred cows make the best hamburgers

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 pm

...and, by the way, Polar, what did he say that you did not appreciate? What did he say that was not true? Did he say that some animalistic creatures are residing next to Israel?

Yes, they are. Considering how they gas their own in Syria, rape women in Egypt, slaughter young girls in "honor killings", blow up hospitals, produce explosives next to the kindergartens, stage funerals, etc..etc..whatever Rabbi Ovadia said is 100% true!...

May his memory be for a blessing

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:07 am

chimes
Have it swept off the map by the United Nations, please: all of the State of Israel since 1948.

the Dutch pig never fails to surprise.

GatoPingado
Stew Ingredient

Post by GatoPingado » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:36 am

Creepy how cat lady uses a crucifix to mark the death of a Jew. Then again, Yurpeons aren't known for cultural sensitivity.
Navy Seals!

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:22 am

not sure why one person would merit wiping away the state of Israel.

and yeah, what is up with that cross??? is this some code for white KKristian superority?
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:01 am

korgy wrote:not sure why one person would merit wiping away the state of Israel.

and yeah, what is up with that cross??? is this some code for white KKristian superority?

Read my lips: when I say that person is antisemitic and hateful as much as you or anyone else want to dispute it you cannot..it is an undisputable case.

Lavite, Steve in Exile, Ereich, Terry, etc. they are all hateful, venomous bugs. The difference between them and Chimes is that she happens to be more open about her hate. All these people have not changed in a decade and not going to change. They are afflicted with the terminal condition called antisemitism. It is a sickness and they will die with it...

ben_hanscombe
Stew Ingredient

Post by ben_hanscombe » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:08 am

I dunno. Chimes isn't sane, I wouldn't worry too much about her.
Born a worm, spins a coccoon
Goes to sleep, wakes up a butterfly
What the fuck is that about?

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:19 am

ben_hanscombe wrote:I dunno. Chimes isn't sane, I wouldn't worry too much about her.

That.

I wish she'd stop using one of my country's national emblems as her avatar. No kangaroo deserves that.

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:35 am

ben_hanscombe wrote:I dunno. Chimes isn't sane, I wouldn't worry too much about her.

It is a big mistake to think that those who hate Jews are not sane. She is just hateful to the core but not significantly different from Ereichs and Terries. Yet, unlike the Lavites and Steves in Crap it is hard for her to contain her accumulated puss which she has plenty of. When she reaches the level of saturation she spews it out.

ben_hanscombe
Stew Ingredient

Post by ben_hanscombe » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:56 am

queenrania wrote:

It is a big mistake to think that those who hate Jews are not sane.

I fully agree, and that applies to any form of bigotry. However, Chimes is a fucking nutcase.
Born a worm, spins a coccoon
Goes to sleep, wakes up a butterfly
What the fuck is that about?

temporaryhandle2
Stew Ingredient

Post by temporaryhandle2 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:00 am

WHo gets all her information from Dutch television programmes, apparently

jono_in_adelaide
stewpid colonial

Post by jono_in_adelaide » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:14 am

A mónster of a man. An ultraorthodox Rabbi that preferred to see his followers fully equipped with Kalashnikovs to kill anything Palestinian.

Surely he would have prefered the Uzi?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:25 am

You people are crazy! Given the stress Israel lives under it is mind boggling that so few Jews have lashed out over the years. Can you give me an example of one country on this planet that has been challenged as much as Israel has and still has an unreal level of tolerance?

i_have_shiny_shoes
playing outside

Post by i_have_shiny_shoes » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:42 am

He was a racist/bigot. So is chimes. Oh, irony.
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:00 pm

There was a tsunami and there are terrible natural disasters, because there isn’t enough Torah study... Black people reside there [New Orleans]. Blacks will study the Torah? [God said], Let’s bring a tsunami and drown them... Hundreds of thousands remained homeless. Tens of thousands have been killed. All of this because they have no God... Bush was behind the [expulsion of] Gush Katif, he encouraged Sharon to expel Gush Katif... We had 15,000 people expelled here [in Israel], and there [in America] 150,000 [were expelled]. It was God's retribution... God does not short-change anyone.[40][41]

The sole purpose of non-Jews is to serve Jews. Why are Gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like an effendi and eat. That is why Gentiles were created.

--Rabbi Yosef

Yeah, awesome dude.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Aside for Queenie, I don't see anyone praising him. He was a very devisive voice in Israel. I do see that you didn't care to comment about this Chimes gem:

There are many craxy clerics out there, including here in the US, who make equally outragious statements. Do you want a list?

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:19 pm

polardude1 wrote:I do see that you didn't care to comment about this Chimes gem

Right, indicating that I offered no support for it whatsoever.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Or that it was not equally as outragious

Steve_in_Exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by Steve_in_Exile » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Chimes is a vile bigot--there is no doubt about that.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:29 pm

GatoPingado wrote:Creepy how cat lady uses a crucifix to mark the death of a Jew. Then again, Yurpeons aren't known for cultural sensitivity.

it is so strange....maybe its a wrap the body in bacon thing
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

ZAffer
Stew Ingredient

Post by ZAffer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Zionist symbols are not common on keyboards.
sce to aux

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:56 pm

What would consitute an official Zionist symbol be considering there is a history of multilple Zionist movements?

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:41 pm

ZAffer wrote:Zionist symbols are not common on keyboards.

Your very presence on the surface on this planet is a symbol of death. Do you want me to tell you what I wish on you, enemy?

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Steve_in_Exile wrote:Chimes is a vile bigot--there is no doubt about that.

Who are you trying to fool? hahaha...you are a vile bigot as well...I know who and what you are.

You, lavite, chimes, zaffer, terry, ereich...and a number of others are made of the same cloth.

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:53 pm

[quote="polardude1"]Aside for Queenie, I don't see anyone praising him. He was a very devisive voice in Israel."

Polar, you are not intelligent. The Ovadia-type tzadics are a rarety.
Who do you cater to? Steves and Ereichs? Let them roast in hell! That is their destiny anyway.
---------

Death of a great leader

Op-ed: Passing away of spiritual leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef a great loss not only to his followers, but to entire Jewish nation
Yerach Toker

I had the privilege of being present in Rabbi Ovadia Yosef's hospital room during the final moments of his life. He was surrounded by all the members of his family, Shas Knesset members, rabbis, students and many Jews who came from all over the country to be by their leader's side.

When the doctors announced that it was time to say goodbye, all those present began to weep and call out "Shema Yisrael" and the rest of the prayers that are recited when one's soul leaves the world. The prayers were recited again and again for about 10 minutes until the sad moment arrived: Rabbi Ovadia passed away.

I was observing this painful display of prayers, pleads, cries and the traditional tearing of the shirt, when suddenly I saw - among all those rabbis, MKs and worshippers - a number of children who were not related to the rabbi. They were in tears, sitting beside their father and reading from Psalms. These children were not the rabbi's students and may have never even seen him before, but to them he was "Rabbi Yosef."

A secular person cannot understand it. It is difficult to explain the level of admiration the haredi public has for its religious leaders. I remember how when I was a child my father took me to receive the blessing of Rabbi Shach, the leader of the Lithuanian public, at his home in Bnei Brak. More than 20 years later, I can still feel his handshake and stroke on my cheek. I also took my children to receive a blessing from Rabbi Elyashiv and Rabbi Shteinman.

Every haredi man takes his children to the rabbi, the leader, at different stations in their lives. Not to learn anything – it is enough that they see him. The haredi street's admiration for these great men gives the child or teenager a purpose in life and allows him to come face to face with the big dream: To become a rabbi in Israel who studies and teaches Torah day and night.

When the monitor attached to Rabbi Yosef showed that his pulse had dropped to zero, then rose to 50 and back to zero again, the hearts of all the people in the room, as well as hundreds of thousands of Jews worldwide, trembled. A great religious leader passed away.

I am not a Shas man and I did not have the privilege of studying Rabbi Yosef's doctrine, but the death of a spiritual and religious leader of such stature in Israel is not only a loss for his family and students. A spiritual leader is a leader of the entire Jewish nation, and yesterday we lost one of the greatest leaders we have had here in recent generations.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 42,00.html

Jim-2012
Stew Ingredient

Post by Jim-2012 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:59 pm

It could have used the unicode symbol U+2721 - ✡
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
“When you are taking FLAK, you know you are over the target”

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:15 pm

This is from the Christian Science Monitor:

The passing of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef today sparked an outpouring of appreciation for a man who combined an unparalleled knowledge of Jewish law with a care for the common man, becoming one of Israel’s most influential spiritual leaders.

"Rabbi Ovadia was a giant in Torah and Jewish law and a teacher for tens of thousands,” said Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. “He was imbued with love of the Torah and the people…. The Jewish People have lost one of the wisest men of this generation.”

In a fractious young country where Jewish immigrants from the Arab world felt marginalized by European Jews, the brilliant Baghdad-born rabbi became a symbol of pride for them and a driving force behind their political rise. While individual Jewish communities in countries such as Morocco, Tunisia, or Iraq had long tended to rally around a local leader, Rabbi Yosef created a far broader leadership role for himself through his charisma, piety, and vast learning that united the majority of Sephardic Jews in Israe

“What Rav Ovadia did – his mission, from the 1950s on – was to bring back the heritage of the rabbinic heritage of that community, to restore its pride,” says Rabbi Jeffrey Woolf, an Orthodox scholar of Jewish law at Bar Ilan University. But Yosef’s influence didn’t stop there.

“Even among people who might not be ultra-Orthodox or Sephardic ultra-Orthodox, he was a person who commanded a tremendous respect and reverence,” says Rabbi Woolf, a former neighbor of Yosef who himself held the rabbi in high regard.

But Yosef also had plenty of detractors. Critics, citing public comments by the rabbi, described him as fiercely prejudiced against non-Jews, particularly Arab Muslims. And one of his biographers, Haaretz journalist Anshel Pfeffer, today eulogized not only the rabbi but all the opportunities he missed, blaming him for kowtowing to Ashkenazi rabbis or politicians in his own Shas party.

The path to political power
Yosef moved with his family to Jerusalem at age four in 1923, and soon distinguished himself as an eager and unusually capable student, particularly in the area of Jewish law, or halakha. He went to Cairo in 1947 to serve in the rabbinical court there, but returned to what had since become Israel and worked his way up to chief rabbi of Tel Aviv in 1968, becoming the Sephardic Chief Rabbi of Israel in 1973.

The following year he made one of his most legendary decisions. Hundreds of women had husbands missing in action in the Yom Kippur War, which made it very complicated for them to remarry given the requirements of Jewish law.

But Yosef sequestered himself with hundreds of cases that other rabbis wouldn’t touch and went through them one by one until he found allowances for each woman to remarry. “In Jewish law, that’s an amazing tour de force,” says Woolf.

When Yosef was forced to step down as chief rabbi in 1983, the Sephardi political party Shas was just looking to expand from a local party to a national movement, and they needed a leader who would bring rabbinical heft.

Yosef was their man.

“He took this small party under his auspices and due to that both [he and Shas] gained quite a bit,” says Rabbi Benjamin Lau of the Israel Democracy Institute, whose dissertation analyzed Yosef's halakhic theories. “Shas went from being a small party to very influential. And Ovadia gained political influence, which he never had before.”

While Yosef was never a politician himself, he guided the Shas party from its first Knesset election in 1984, when it won four seats, to its peak in 1999, when it gained 17 seats, right up until his passing.

“Nobody did anything without consulting with him,” says Batia Siebzehner of Hebrew University, coauthor of “Remaking Israeli Judaism: The Challenge of Shas.” “Maybe on little things, there was some kind of autonomy. But speaking about central issues, he was the central figure.”

Although Shas was left out of the latest coalition government in Israel, it long played a kingmaker role, forcing prime ministers to consult with Yosef and less religious parties to take its policy recommendations into consideration.

Harsh comments
He also became a lightning rod for criticism, given his forthright manner and sometimes coarse speech.

He alienated many secular Israelis with brash comments, famously calling a leftist member of parliament the "devil" and blaming the death of Israeli soldiers on their lack of religiosity. And in 2010 he denounced upcoming peace talks with the Palestinians, saying in his weekly sermon that Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and “all these evil people should perish from this world…. God should strike them with a plague, them and these Palestinians," though he later claimed his comments were taken out of context and referred specifically to terrorists.

In one of his more noteworthy rulings, at the time of Israel’s peace treaty with Egypt in 1979, the rabbi declared that the importance of peace outweighed the importance of holding on to territory, which some religious Jews see as a divine commandment. The extent to which he remained committed to that in later years remains unclear, but despite his sometimes blunt language toward Israel’s Arab neighbors, he apparently inspired respect even in PA President Abbas.

"I met with the rabbi's familiy in the Muqata [the presidential headquarters] in Ramallah in the past, and I would like to convey my condolences and the condolences of the Palestinian people over his death," said Mr. Abbas today.

'Orphaned' supporters
Yosef’s son Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef was recently elected the Sephardic Chief Rabbi of Israel, and thus is in a position to carry on his father’s halakhic [Jewish law] teachings.

But many Sephardic rabbis agree that the elder Yosef, a formidable blend of spiritual and political leadership, will be hard to replace.

“He was really the most important halakhic [expert] in the Sephardic world in the second half of 20th century,” says Rabbi Lau. "On the political level everyone in Shas knew their political strength was due in no small measure to his leadership. So no one dared dispute his authority lest they cut the branch upon which they were sitting." Now, “there’s no one single authority that they can unite around,” he says, explaining that the centralist concept of authority embodied by Yosef “won’t prevail” as other rabbis push for a more pluralistic approach.

For Yosef’s followers, not least of all the leading politicians of Shas, many were left feeling marooned today after decades under his charismatic leadership.

"We are as orphans," said Shas leader Aryeh Deri, weeping as he announced Yosef’s passing.

At the start of the funeral procession in the Geula neighborhood of Jerusalem tonight, the streets were packed with all sorts of Jews – the top hats of the ultra-Orthodox, the knitted kippas of the religious Zionists, and even the bare heads of secular Sephardic Jews.

"It is a very sad moment," says Asaf, a secular Sephardi Jew who had driven all the way from a village near Tel Aviv to pay his respects to a leader who brought more dignity to his community. "By creating Shas, he brought the Sephardi Jews more respect, both politically and culturally."

Yosef Cohen, whose grandfather was a student of the rabbi and would bring him to see Rabbi Yosef when he was a little boy, said at the funeral procession that moving forward it was important not to feel sorrow but to follow the rabbi's teachings.

"Now we need to study Torah, to pray ... to help people, to love people more," he said.

for more http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-E ... powerhouse

i_have_shiny_shoes
playing outside

Post by i_have_shiny_shoes » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Jeff Goldberg on the "Israeli Ayatollah", as a contrast to the CSM piece:

More than 700,000 people gathered in Jerusalem yesterday to mourn the death of a great sage, Ovadia Yosef, a former chief rabbi of Israel and the supreme guide of the Shas political party.

The country had never before seen a funeral of this size. The mass of mourners was a testament to Yosef's magnetism and scholarship, as well as to the work he did to lift up his community, the once-aggrieved (and still occasionally put-upon) Mizrachim, or Jews from Arab countries. (Yosef was himself born in Baghdad and served as a rabbi in Cairo.)

The party Yosef created made him a kingmaker in Israeli politics (read Noah Feldman's incisive look at Yosef's revolutionary role in transforming Israeli political culture), and he was perhaps best known, beyond the walls of ultra-Orthodoxy, for his ruling that it would be permissible under Jewish law to cede biblical land to Palestinians if lives would be saved by doing so.

Much of the coverage of Yosef's death has focused on the transformative role he played in the lives of Mizrachim. But much of it has neglected to mention the unfortunate fact that Yosef was a mean-spirited fundamentalist who created a corrupt party that coarsened Israeli politics, held a medieval belief in a vindictive God, and made abominable pronouncements on the moral and personal qualities of those of different races, religions and political views.

I spend a lot of time in this space highlighting the corrosive anti-Semitism of such figures as Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Iranian leader, and Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the extremist Al Jazeera televangelist. It's unpleasant but necessary to note that Israel, too, has its share of religious fanatics. Yosef was his country's most eminent. It's true that he endorsed (as a theoretical matter) the idea of Israeli withdrawal from territories captured in the 1967 Six-Day War. But when former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon argued for a withdrawal from the Gaza Strip, Yosef said, "God will strike him with one blow and he will die. He will sleep and not awake." (Some of Yosef's followers were ecstatic -- I saw their ecstasy with my own eyes -- when Sharon later suffered a stroke.)

In the manner of the crudest fundamentalists everywhere, Yosef blamed misfortune and death on apostasy, irreligiosity and homosexuality (gay people, in his eyes, were "completely evil"). About Israeli soldiers who fell in battle, Yosef once said, "Is it any wonder if, heaven forbid, soldiers are killed in a war? They don't observe the Sabbath, they don't observe the Torah, they don't pray, they don't put on phylacteries every day. Is it any wonder that they're killed? It's no wonder." Even more famously, he blamed the deaths of Jews during the Holocaust on the spiritual deficiencies of their ancestors.

In 2005, he argued that Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment for the Gaza withdrawal and for the alleged godlessness of the black residents of New Orleans. "There was a tsunami and there are terrible natural disasters, because there isn't enough Torah study," he said. "Tens of thousands have been killed. All of this because they have no God." He went on to argue -- if that's the word for it -- that the deaths were also punishment directed at President George W. Bush for pressuring Sharon to remove Jewish settlers from the Gaza Strip. "It was God's retribution," he said. "God does not short-change anyone."

Yosef's excoriations of Israeli politicians were legendary. In the last election, Yosef said this about the leadership of the right-wing Jewish Home party: "Those are religious people? They come to uproot the Torah. Those who elect them deny the Torah, this is the Jewish Home? This is the Jewish Home of the gentiles."

The most devastating insult Yosef could muster against a Jew was to label him a gentile. He held gentiles in general contempt. "Goyim were born only to serve us," he said in a 2010 sermon. "Without that, they have no place in the world -- only to serve the people of Israel."

Of Muslims, he said, "They're stupid. Their religion is as ugly as they are." His hatred of Palestinians was obvious. Speaking of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and his aides, Yosef said, "All these evil people should perish from this world. God should strike them with a plague, them and these Palestinians."

Yosef's defenders will note that Abbas was one of the many dignitaries who expressed his condolences on learning of Yosef's death. Abbas did so for the same reason Israeli President Shimon Peres and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu did: because Yosef represented a vast and powerful political constituency.

Defenders of Yosef will also argue that his outbursts and prejudices came late in life (though not all of them did) or that they were the product of his upbringing, as a Jew who was both discriminated against by Muslims and who led an ethnic group that suffered at their hands. Yosef's apologists also argue that the good work he did -- on behalf of war widows, for instance -- mitigates the damage of his egregious words.

Sorry, no: Prejudice is prejudice, whether it comes from an imam in Qatar or from the man whose Jewish critics labeled him, correctly, the "Israeli ayatollah."
we're discussing it, so it's not secret.

cowtown
Stew Ingredient

Post by cowtown » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:19 pm

You are scum on the belly of a parasite expelled in the diarrhea of a moth
Jim-2012 wrote:I *heart* Hitler

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:49 pm

The country had never before seen a funeral of this size. The mass of mourners was a testament to Yosef's magnetism and scholarship, as well as to the work he did to lift up his community, the once-aggrieved (and still occasionally put-upon) Mizrachim, or Jews from Arab countries. (Yosef was himself born in Baghdad and served as a rabbi in Cairo.)
His reali claim tio fame was puttng the Mizerachim on the political map with thier own party. party leader, Deri was their political hack.

Yosef's excoriations of Israeli politicians were legendary. In the last election, Yosef said this about the leadership of the right-wing Jewish Home party: "Those are religious people? They come to uproot the Torah. Those who elect them deny the Torah, this is the Jewish Home? This is the Jewish Home of the gentiles."

Well his party, Shas is not sitting in the opposition, where they can do less harm

invertebrate
Stew Ingredient

Post by invertebrate » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:58 pm

queenrania wrote:
korgy wrote:not sure why one person would merit wiping away the state of Israel.

Read my lips: when I say that person is antisemitic and hateful as much as you or anyone else want to dispute it you cannot..it is an undisputable case.

Lavite, Steve in Exile, Ereich, Terry, etc. they are all hateful, venomous bugs. The difference between them and Chimes is that she happens to be more open about her hate. All these people have not changed in a decade and not going to change. They are afflicted with the terminal condition called antisemitism. It is a sickness and they will die with it...

Oh Queen-Shlomo, whoever is not agreeing with you is an antisemite. The only one who is sick and will die alone with his hatred is you. Well maybe a few other angry and hateful jews will have the same fate than you
"We have been saying for a long time that Israel is a pedophiles paradise and everyone said we were exaggerating," council head Yitzhak Kadman said.

invertebrate
Stew Ingredient

Post by invertebrate » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:59 pm

queenrania wrote:You people are crazy! Given the stress Israel lives under it is mind boggling that so few Jews have lashed out over the years. Can you give me an example of one country on this planet that has been challenged as much as Israel has and still has an unreal level of tolerance?

Some cheese with your whine Shlomo?
"We have been saying for a long time that Israel is a pedophiles paradise and everyone said we were exaggerating," council head Yitzhak Kadman said.

korgy
Stew Ingredient

Post by korgy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:35 pm

I think Queenie and chimes are a match made in heaven.
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

snowgirl
Stew Ingredient

Post by snowgirl » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Shouldn't the OP read, one less Zionist monster*?

*I have no idea who this person is and the above remark is not intended to endorse the OP's nutjob views on anything anywhere.
Our problem is civil obedience. -Howard Zinn

brodie_bruce
Stew Ingredient

Post by brodie_bruce » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:50 pm

korgy wrote:I think Queenie and chimes are a match made in heaven.

The thought had crossed my mind too. Both are batshit mental.
Sloths defy logic.

Jim-2012
Stew Ingredient

Post by Jim-2012 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:59 pm

snowgirl wrote:Shouldn't the OP read, one less Zionist monster*?

To be exact,
One less Zionist monster✡
I have no idea who this person was either, so I have no dog in this fight.
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”
“When you are taking FLAK, you know you are over the target”

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:32 pm

invertebrate wrote:
queenrania wrote:

Oh Queen-Shlomo, whoever is not agreeing with you is an antisemite. The only one who is sick and will die alone with his hatred is you. Well maybe a few other angry and hateful jews will have the same fate than you

You are developing a cancerous brain tumor!

eric84

Post by eric84 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Mods, you may wanna consider dumping this junk into the I-P branch, it's perfect for this kind of ugliness.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

invertebrate
Stew Ingredient

Post by invertebrate » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:55 pm

queenrania wrote:You are developing a cancerous brain tumor!

Well at least I have a brain and not just an empty watermelon on my neck like you

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:28 pm

eric84 wrote:Mods, you may wanna consider dumping this junk into the I-P branch, it's perfect for this kind of ugliness.

Speaking of ugliness, did you see yourself in the mirror this morning, Ereich?

SkinnyPuppy
Stew Ingredient

Post by SkinnyPuppy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:43 pm

Chimes is such a cunt, only a NAZI like her can dance on the grave of a great Jewish leader

jamesconnolly
Sleep is for loosers

Post by jamesconnolly » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:46 am

queenrania wrote:
eric84 wrote:Mods, you may wanna consider dumping this junk into the I-P branch, it's perfect for this kind of ugliness.

oh do shut up you fucking dickhead cunt
“During moments of strife and 'dis-ease', check your flow and redirect your focus to that which is naturally good.”

“May the fleas of a thousand camels invade the crotch of the person that ruins your day. And may their arms be to short too scratch”

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:34 am

jamesconnolly wrote:
queenrania wrote:

oh do shut up you fucking dickhead cunt

Thank you very much for defining Queen Rania, the queen of Palestine/aka Jordan in such fashion.