Go figure! What is wrong with this picture?

Keep it civil or we'll send in UN peacekeepers

Moderator: Moderator

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Go figure! What is wrong with this picture?

Post by queenrania » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:22 pm

6. Arabs take full afvantage of Israeli medicine

Not surprising at all. I live in Jerusalem and when I happen to visit a hospital or any other Israeli medical facility I see more Arabs there than Jews.
The Arabs never had a problem using Israeli developed services, unfortunately most of them still want to destroy us.
The Jews donors to Hadassah hospital contribute a lot to the Jerusalemite Jews, but maybe even more to the Arabs of east Jerusalem - most of whom are not Israeli cituizens and don't recognize Israel's right to exist.

an Israeli (09.26.13)

----------
Israeli nursing guide big hit in Arab world

While Israel is not too popular among Arab countries, local HMO's breastfeeding training videos have been watched by half a million Arab viewers so far

Yaron Kelner Published: 09.26.13, 08:17 / Israel Culture

VIDEO - In almost every Arab country, threats, curses or swears are heard when Israel is mentioned. But in this sea of hostility there is now a new ray of light: Breastfeeding training videos in Arabic by Clalit Health Services, an Israeli health maintenance organization, are gain tremendous popularity in countries which have mostly been fighting Israel in the past few decades.

About six months ago, Clalit uploaded a series of YouTube training videos on a variety of topics: Breastfeeding, pregnancy monitoring, early detection of diseases, preparation for routine checkups and physical therapy. For the benefit of the Arab community who are members of Clalit Health Services, the videos were also posted in Arabic.

Months went by, and recently Clalit officials noticed that the number of video views is relatively very high compared to the number people in Israel. They then discovered an extremely surprising figure: Out of the 1.1 million views only 45,000 were from Israel, while the rest were from neighboring Arab countries, as well as from more distant ones.

The highest number of viewership so far was recorded in Saudi Arabia: 560,166. Egypt is second with 168,900 views, followed by Iraq with 89,999 entries, Morocco with 71,213, Algeria with 65,505 and Jordan with 42,000 entries.

Even bleeding Syria took interest in the videos: 11,000 entries were reported so far from the civil-war-struck country.

Almost all entries were to videos dealing with breastfeeding. And the Arab community does not simply watch the videos, but also engages in them: Clalit reports that many users from Arab countries comment on the videos and even provide encouragement.

"Thank you for the useful advice," wrote surfer Fatima, with many others writing supportive comments to a similar effect.

Clalit officials are quite surprised and pleased by this phenomenon. "We never imagined there would be so much viewership beyond our borders," says Lior Wolff, who heads the development of e-health services for Clalit.

"It is far beyond the viewership statistics of the target audience in Israel. We believe in promoting the health of the community anywhere, without borders or boundaries, and so we are pleased to contribute to the health of Arab countries. Perhaps through breastfeeding we can help construct a dialogue based on compassion, concern and love."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 49,00.html

jamesconnolly
Sleep is for loosers

Re: Go figure! What is wrong with this picture?

Post by jamesconnolly » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:48 pm

where's the picture?
“During moments of strife and 'dis-ease', check your flow and redirect your focus to that which is naturally good.”

“May the fleas of a thousand camels invade the crotch of the person that ruins your day. And may their arms be to short too scratch”

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:55 pm

So much 'them' and 'us'. How can we get to 'we'?
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:42 pm

northern_goddess wrote:So much 'them' and 'us'. How can we get to 'we'?

Why does it have to be "we"?

There is no requirement in a democratic society and under the democratic system of government for you and me to be "we" sleeping in the same bed. May be you are not my type. May be I snore too loud and I am not your type. Democracy means freedom. Freedom to be separated, separated by fences, separated by religion or ethnicity or surrounded by people who we want to be surrounded with. The only requirement that we as people have is to be civil with each other. We cannot harm anyone because of our differences and interests.