Anyone for a lynching?

Keep it civil or we'll send in UN peacekeepers

Moderator: Moderator

TerryTeo
Stew Ingredient

Anyone for a lynching?

Post by TerryTeo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:17 am

We all know and abhor the infamous Ramallah lynching at the beginning of the second intifada, but I wonder how vociferous in condemnation our resident Israeli cheer squad will be after this mornings attempted lynching in Jerusalem’s Zion Square.

Coming just a day after a terrorist fire-bomb attack on some Palestinian victims near the Bat Ayin settlement in the West Bank, is a third Intifada brewing?

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Re: Anyone for a lynching?

Post by polardude1 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:11 am

i guess you knew this
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 94,00.html
The police say they plan to indict the suspects, and are looking into whether the incident had nationalistic motives.
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

TerryTeo
Stew Ingredient

Post by TerryTeo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:18 am

I have the utmost faith that despite numerous incidents in the past where Jews attacked Arabs and the Israeli police failed to indict anyone on this occassion things will be different.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:38 pm

SO how is this thread going for you? I goes the attack was disturbing enough to warrant a cal to Abbas. Just in case you are question the source, this was published elsewhere yesterday.
Netanyahu calls Abbas to discuss firebomb attack at Ramadan end

August 19, 2012
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas following a firebomb attack that wounded six Palestinians.
Netanyahu called Abbas on Saturday night to wish him well on the occasion of Eid Al-Fitr, a Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadan. Netanyahu also addressed the Aug. 16 attack, believed to be perpetrated by extreme rightists, and promised that all efforts would be made to bring the attackers to justice, according to a statement from the Prime Minister's office.
The conversation came a day after Netanyahu, via his special envoy Yitzhak Molcho, sent a message to Abbas and PA Prime Minister Salam Fayyad, which said that the firebomb near Bat Ayin in the Gush Etzion bloc was very grave and that Israeli security forces were making extensive efforts to locate those responsible in order to bring them to justice. Netanyahu's message also said that he would monitor the medical care that the wounded are receiving in Israel and offered all additional assistance.
Six Palestinians from one family were injured Aug. 16 when a taxi caught fire after a firebomb was thrown at it. A second firebomb prepared to be thrown was also found.
The United States on Friday condemned "in the strongest possible terms" the firebombing attack.
"We extend our deepest sympathies to the victims, among them children, and we hope for their speedy recovery. We note that the Government of Israel has also condemned this heinous attack and pledged to bring the perpetrators to justice," the U.S. State Department said in a statement, which continued: "We look to Israeli law enforcement officials to do so expeditiously. We urge all parties to avoid any actions that could lead to an escalation of violence."
Also on Saturday, a young man, 19, was arrested in connection with an attack by Jewish teenagers against at least three Palestinian teens in downtown Jerusalem.
One of the victims remains in serious condition and on a respirator, though he has woken from a coma and does not remember the attack, Haaretz reported.
Jerusalem police are checking surveillance videos from cameras placed in the area, the Jerusalem Post reported.
Witnesses said the Jewish teens were searching for Arabs to fight with, according to the Post.
"The hate crimes committed over the weekend against Arabs in Judea and Samaria and Jerusalem are intolerable, outrageous and must be firmly dealt with," Vice Prime Minister and Strategic Affairs Minister Moshe Ya'alon said Sunday in a statement.

"Like" JTA on Facebook for Jewish news updates!
Click to login and write a JTA.org">letter to the editor.
This article was made possible by the support of readers like you. Donate to JTA now.

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Finally, the Jews demonstrate that they are the normal people with feelings and emotions. It is astounding that Jews could take the Arab nastiness, fascist like actions, terrorism for 120 years and hardly ever expressing themselves.

Well, the Jews lashed out this time and even if the teenages were wrong they could not hold back the stress. Not everyone is capable the contain the stress the Palestinian Arab nazis have put the Jews under.

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Speaking of lynching!

Palestinians gloating over a lynching victim:

the 2 Jews lynched in Ramallah:

Rejoicing with bloody hands ...another lynching by Palestinian Arab murderers:

There are much worse pictures. They are so horrid it is difficult to see them. That is who your Palestinian murderers are and that is what Palestinian Arab culture fosters:

TerryTeo
Stew Ingredient

Post by TerryTeo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:02 am

How is the thread going? Well it has proved another point. I am not surprised that those who screamed the loudest about the previous lynching are so silent now. No condemnation of the lynch mob in Jerusalem, chanting death to Arabs, watched on by more than a hundred with no one intervening to protect the victims. No condemnationof the terrorists using fire bombs in the West Bank, attacking a car full of civillians including children.

Good luck to the Israeli police asked to prosecute those who many in Israel sympathise with and support.

dave.bt
Stew Ingredient

Post by dave.bt » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:19 am

TerryTeo wrote:How is the thread going? Well it has proved another point. I am not surprised that those who screamed the loudest about the previous lynching are so silent now. .

This is terry at his very best. The Jews are just as bad as the arabs, worse than that, they are hypocrites on top. Why? Because of a refusal to accept 'a lynch' in jerusalem equates to the 'infamous' one in Ramallah. All lynch mobs it seems are equal.

Last weekend a local teenage gang picked on 3 innocent lads in the high street. One was left with life threatening injuries. This sick attack by thugs was a vile cowardly and brutal assualt on a few local lads that had done nothing. I remember as a youth incidents like this too, so it isn't new on London streets. Sometimes these attacks occur on racial grounds, and sometimes the victim loses his life. Each it now seems equates with what occured that day in Ramallah.

October 12, 2000, two Israel Defense Forces reservists (serving as drivers), Vadim Nurzhitz and Yossi Avrahami, mistakenly passed an Israeli checkpoint and entered Ramallah. Reaching a Palestinian Authority roadblock, where previously Israeli soldiers were turned back, the reservists were detained by PA policemen and taken to the local police station. Rumors spread that undercover Israeli agents were in the building, and a violent mob of more than 1,000 Palestinians gathered at the station, calling for the death of the Israelis. Within fifteen minutes, word that two soldiers were held in a Ramallah police station reached Israel. The IDF decided against a rescue operation. Soon after, Palestinian rioters stormed the building murdered and mutilated both soldiers.

The Israeli reservists were beaten, stabbed, had their eyes gouged out, and were disemboweled. At this point, a Palestinian (later identified as Aziz Salha), appeared at the police station window, displaying his blood-stained hands to the crowd, which erupted into cheers. The crowd clapped and cheered as one of the soldier's bodies was then thrown out the window and stamped and beaten by the frenzied mob. One of the bodies was set on fire. Soon after, the mob dragged the two mutilated bodies to Al-Manara Square in the city center as the crowd began an impromptu victory celebration. Palestinian policemen did not prevent, and in some cases actually took part in, the lynching

source: WIKI.

1000 Palestinians rampaging, gouging out peoples eyes, disembolwing them.....and parading mutilated bodies in a victory celebration equates to what exactly?

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:46 am

I am not surprised that those who screamed the loudest about the previous lynching are so silent now

who's been silent. I have already pointed to where the Israel is making every attempt two catch the perps.

Good luck to the Israeli police asked to prosecute those who many in Israel sympathise with and support.

no ugh needed. They have the skill and motivation to see out the perps.

Funny how Terror compares to 2 incidents, one resulting a a very nasty death and the other not. The Palestinians authority made o attempt tp capture the perps who were clearly identified on French TV and world wide

I do very much the Israeli police catch the perps, because Israel has a civil society.

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:21 pm

because Israel has a civil society.

When you live as far from us as you do I suppose it seems that way, to those of us living here on a daily basis despair has set in .......

What has become of our nation?

Op-ed: Netanyahu regime has destroyed our livelihood, dreams, values and future; turned Israel into racist, violent state

Yael Gvirtz Published: 08.20.12, 10:30 / Israel Opinion

Last weekend I ran out of words. I want to share my sadness with you – sadness over my nation and what has become of it.

What is there left to say about the lawlessness, which recently claimed the lives of three women in Netanya? What is there left to say about the hurling of firebombs on kindergartens, homes of migrants and a Palestinian family's car? What is there left to say about the lynching of Arab teens by dozens of Jewish teenagers in Jerusalem, or the destruction and abuse of the Palestinian population in the name of "our people"? And what about the hatred and racism emanating from our synagogues and corridors of power?

What is there left to say about our interior minister, the stringent Jew who takes pride in his plan to lock up those migrants who the government is preventing him from deporting? What do you, as the descendants of refugees, say about the fact that infants and mentally challenged children are being held in detention camps and suffer from hunger and lack of medical care? And what about the deported migrants who were killed upon their return to South Sudan or died of diseases they contracted there?

Even if we accept the argument that their parents committed some sort of crime against the Jews, would we have even imagined three years ago that infants and toddlers would pay for their parents' "sins"?

You tell me, my fellow Israelis, do you remember where we were before the Netanyahu government took advantage of us? Do you remember who we were - as a country, society and, most importantly, as human beings?

Who were we before the hope of being a free nation in our land was lost? Before the current regime turned our livelihood, our dreams, our values and our future into Pompeii? And where does it say in the Jewish Torah that it is permitted to crush and abandon the weak, the disabled, the poor and the foreigners? And what is there left say about police violence, legislative brutality, the destruction of the education system and freedom of the press? Tell me.

And is there anything left to say about a prime minister who turns the president into the new "threat?

I feel a great sadness; and shame, and rage and fear; and hope that the correction will come before the destruction. I hope we succeed in rising from these ashes, learn from what has happened to us. I hope we realize that the last thing we need is a "strong leader" and that with more of this "democracy" and this "Judaism" - all will be lost.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 98,00.html
“Peace is better than a Greater Israel”.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:47 pm

When you live as far from us as you do I suppose it seems that way, to those of us living here on a daily basis despair has set in

I hear from freinds and family about economic struggles that people in the West face, plus the angst over the threats from Iran. I also hear about the triving software industry that is amongst the most advanced in the world

Logg
Stew Ingredient

Post by Logg » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Meanwhile, the hero of the Sbarro bombing relives her triumph amid glowing fanfare.

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2012/08/pure-joy-among-arabs-after-sbarros.html

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Meanwhile, the hero of the Sbarro bombing relives her triumph amid glowing fanfare.

That is seriously disturbing

Two minutes later, they said on the radio that the number had increased to five. I wanted to hide my smile, but I just couldn't. Allah be praised, it was great. As the number of dead kept increasing, the passengers were applauding. They didn't even know that I was among them.
On the way back [to Ramallah], we passed a Palestinian police checkpoint, and the policemen were laughing. One of them stuck his head in and said: "Congratulations to us all." Everybody was happy

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Murdered Jewish children by the Palestinian serial killers who have one focus in life - lynching Jews.

That is who the Palestinian Arabs foster:

To compare Jews with the Palestinians who have one goal in life is killing Jews is like comparing Mary Poppins to Jeffrey Dahmer.

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:48 am

polardude1 wrote:I hear from freinds and family about economic struggles that people in the West face, plus the angst over the threats from Iran. I also hear about the triving software industry that is amongst the most advanced in the world

That is all very interesting ( yawn ) but it has nothing to do with the lynch at Zion Square .

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:58 am

Logg wrote:Meanwhile, the hero of the Sbarro bombing relives her triumph amid glowing fanfare.

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2012/08/pure-joy-among-arabs-after-sbarros.html

Interesting choice of blogs you read Disco not much to choose between you and queenrania is there ?

You should try this for a good read :
http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/ ... page=show#

might help you to understand why we are hated so much ....

According to UN investigations, in 2011, extremist settlers launched almost 300 attacks on Palestinian property, causing over 100 Palestinian casualties and destroying or damaging about 10,000 trees of Palestinian farmers. The UN has also reported that violent incidents against Palestinians have proliferated, rising from 200 attacks in 2009 to over 400 in 2011. The spike in assaults on Palestinians by settlers has come despite the fact that over the same period, Palestinian terrorism fell dramatically.

dave.bt
Stew Ingredient

Post by dave.bt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:07 am

return of the Faux Israeli aside (and remember ignoring it sent it packing last time).

Not happy posting on this thread and the events unsettled me. I am as disturbed by the onlookers as by those thugs that carried out the attack. I hope each of the bastards that did it is caught. As many seem to be minors I hope their parents rot in hell for nurturing this kind of racial hatred within their home. And I hope the Gvnmt realises what this conflict is spawning and acts against it. There is no room for this anywhere, and no room for tolerating it. We cannot act like this and then suggest their reactions are unwarranted. Is an arab allowed to walk at night through Jerusalem's streets without being brutally turned upon by young thugs? It isn't just about catching a few teenagers but addressing why these teenagers thought it was okay to do it.

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:39 am

dave.bt wrote:
davidh wrote:
Lots to say, but as starters, he must live in a parallell universe if he thinks the status-quo can be extended indefinitely.

....But why post this OP here, in the ghetto. This is trollverse.

You are a never ending source of amusment to all of us reading at this end Poppy .

TerryTeo
Stew Ingredient

Post by TerryTeo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 am

Rainman wrote:
I am not surprised that those who screamed the loudest about the previous lynching are so silent now

who's been silent. I have already pointed to where the Israel is making every attempt two catch the perps..

Both you and Disco are silent in condemning this lynching. Latest reports indicate that a mob prowled the streets of Jerusalem hunting for Arabs to attack having been whipped to a frenzy by malicious rumours. Many stood by and watched as the thugs beat one to near death, fortunately resucitated on the scene by paramedics.

Whats the latest on the firebomb terrorists, has the IDF found those responsible?

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:55 am

his thread is not going very well for terror, especially when he needs help form a faux Israeli

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:47 am

polardude1 wrote:his thread is not going very well for terror, especially when he needs help form a faux Israeli

I dont think that TerryTeo needs any help from me American but if you insist :wink:

Here is some help for him from another Israeli ...Roi Maor , an activist for social rights and human rights in Israel and Palestine, living in Tel Aviv. I’ve written several human rights reports and op-eds in Ynet, Haaretz and the Jerusalem Post. Over the last few years, I volunteered and worked for several Israeli NGOs, including Yesh Din, the Association for Civil Rights in Israel, and Bimkom – Planners for Planning Rights .... he faux enough for you ????

Top of todays page ,,,,

Attacks on Palestinians highlight history of lax enforcement on Jewish extremists

Recent violent attacks on Palestinians by Jewish extremists highlight the deficient law enforcement and weak penalties imposed on perpetrators of similar past attacks

Two recent incidents have brought attention to the issue of attacks on Palestinian civilians by Jewish extremists. On Thursday, a firebomb was thrown at a Palestinian taxi in the West Bank, injuring six people, one of them seriously. Later the same day, three Palestinian youth were assaulted in a “lynch” committed by dozens of Jewish youth in West Jerusalem, while hundreds stood by without intervening.

Both incidents have sparked widespread condemnation; and the firebomb attack has been labeled a terrorist attack by both Israeli and American officials. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu even called Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and promised him that Israel will catch the perpetrators of this attack.

Yet this kind of incident is hardly a new development. Last year, the Jerusalem Post warned that Jewish terrorism was “gaining steam.” The article argued that a serious response to this problem is “long overdue,” pointing to several years of warnings by Israeli security officials on this issue.

Despite this, law enforcement on Jewish extremists has remained highly deficient. According to information gathered by the Israeli human rights organization Yesh Din, 85 percent of police investigations fail when it comes to violent crimes committed by settlers against Palestinians. And Netanyahu’s promise to catch the perpetrators of the recent firebomb attack sounds all the more dubious, considering Israel’s record of breaking similar promises when it comes to the spate of mosque arsons which have plagued the West Bank in recent years.

Even when perpetrators are caught, their treatment leaves a lot to be desired. The penalties imposed by courts tend to be severe when it comes to the most violent crimes. However, Israeli presidents over the years have used their pardon powers to mitigate the punishment of Jewish extremists. To illustrate the magnitude of this problem, I have listed the most prominent cases from the last 30 years:

-The infamous Jewish Underground, active in the 1980s, was responsible for numerous attacks in which three innocent Palestinian civilians were killed and dozens were injured. Fifteen members of this terrorist group were convicted. Three of them received life sentences, but were released after seven years when President Chaim Herzog, of the Labor Party, commuted their sentences.

-Allan Goodman, who murdered a Palestinian in Jerusalem in 1982, served less than 16 years in prison, after his life sentence was commuted.

-Nir Efroni murdered a Palestinian-Israeli gas attendant in Zichron Yaakov in 1984. He and his partner stabbed their victim multiple times and returned to stab him again when they noticed he had not yet died. Efroni was caught only six years later, after his partner ratted him out, and served just 13 years.

-David Ben Shimol spent only 11 years in prison for firing a rocket on a commuter bus in 1984 that killed one Palestinian and injured dozens.

-Danny Eisenmann, Gill Fuchs and Michal Hillel served 11, nine and five years respectively for murdering a Palestinian cab driver in 1985.

-Nachson Wals served just 8 years in prison for killing a Palestinian in 1991.

-In 1992, Kahanist youth threw a grenade in a Jerusalem market, killing one Palestinian and injuring dozens. They received sentences ranging from 5-15 years, of which they served 7-9.

-Daniel Morali served just 13 years for killing a Palestinian truck driver in 1994.

To recap, Israel is quick to condemn and promise the capture of violent Jewish extremists. These promises are often broken, most investigations fail, and the penalties for those who do get caught often end up being woefully inadequate. Don’t be surprised if the problem only gets worse.

Source : http://972mag.com/attacks-on-palestinia ... sts/54042/

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:15 pm

faux Israel

Are you writting in the 1st person here?
I’ve written several human rights reports and op-eds in Ynet, Haaretz and the Jerusalem Post. Over the last few years, I volunteered and worked for several Israeli NGOs, including Yesh Din, the Association for Civil Rights in Israel, and Bimkom – Planners for Planning Rights .... he faux enough for you ????

I never knew that you were so widley published. Can you show us your written work?

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Your stupidity knows no bounds American , you dont even bother to check the links you are given do you ?

Here try again : http://972mag.com/author/roi/

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:57 pm

I don't bother opening your links. So it's easy to suggest that you do not have a thought of your own. You have to use links to articles to express your views. It's easy to fish for articles, C & them and claim that the represent your opinion. It's really quite lazy. As for being stupid, well that falls on the person who cannot express an opinion in his own words.

This return to the Stew is not working out too well for you, is it?

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:27 pm

polardude1 wrote:I don't bother opening your links.

That is stating the obvious .

This return to the Stew is not working out too well for you, is it?

Working out just great for me , thanks for askin didnt know you cared so much :lol:

davidh
Stew Ingredient

Post by davidh » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Not happy posting on this thread and the events unsettled me. I am as disturbed by the onlookers as by those thugs that carried out the attack. I hope each of the bastards that did it is caught. As many seem to be minors I hope their parents rot in hell for nurturing this kind of racial hatred within their home. And I hope the Gvnmt realises what this conflict is spawning and acts against it. There is no room for this anywhere, and no room for tolerating it. We cannot act like this and then suggest their reactions are unwarranted. Is an arab allowed to walk at night through Jerusalem's streets without being brutally turned upon by young thugs? It isn't just about catching a few teenagers but addressing why these teenagers thought it was okay to do it.

Thank you. I would say that I am more disturbed by the onlookers than the thugs. I think you have racist idiots everywhere, but the fact that hundreds of onlookers remained silent is a sign of something deeper, more unhealthy.

And I hope the Gvnmt realises what this conflict is spawning and acts against it.

Fully agree, especially with this part. I know we disagree on how much the current Israeli government can do to move things forward, this should really be a wake up call to those in the coalition government whose main strategy is to perpetuate the current status quo indefinitely, because this is just a small preview of what we can expect more and more if the occupation and the - legal and illegal - reactions to occupation continue.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:50 pm

The assalents have been arrested. I bet this can occur in Istanbul as well

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:00 pm

The assalents have been arrested. I bet this can occur in Istanbul as well. yes itis a disturbing trend that te PM needs to address. There ara re many cases in many cites with onlokerr are scared to step in to a situation such as this one.

dave.bt
Stew Ingredient

Post by dave.bt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:02 pm

polardude1 wrote:The assalents have been arrested. I bet this can occur in Istanbul as well

not sure. It isn't as much about the thugs as the context in which the event occurred. A gang of youths strolled down the main streets of Israel's capital city chanting "death to arabs". When they found some they proceeded to attack them, whilst a crowd of some description looked on. There is something clearly unhealthy about this event, and it is difficult to imagine the onlookers were scared to confront the group, and I imagine several were armed. The other thing I do not understand is why there has been no released video of the event, seeing as surely some of the crowd must have used their phones to capture footage. I find the whole thing utterly depressing, and whilst I understand thugs exist everywhere, without an atmosphere condusive to these kind of events, they are very difficult to perpetrate.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:10 pm

A gang of youths strolled down the main streets of Israel's capital city chanting "death to arabs".

I'm wondering if they are from the Kiryat Yovel neighborhood, whiich has a very rough around the edge youth.

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:39 am

davidh wrote:.... this should really be a wake up call to those in the coalition government whose main strategy is to perpetuate the current status quo indefinitely, because this is just a small preview of what we can expect more and more if the occupation and the - legal and illegal - reactions to occupation continue.

Just who exactly in this coalition government would you turn to for change davidh ?

Ever since Gush Emunim took its first baby steps into the West Bank the power of the religious right wing has grown .
Today they are the government and Bibi and his Likud party is their pawn , its the Orthodox that run our lives from birth to marriage to death , its they that are brainwashing our kids see :
http://972mag.com/what-is-the-link-betw ... nch/54160/

Its this most Right wing government in our history that is laying the foundation for Jewish terrorism and who has always supported Jewish terrorism from The Irgun until todays Hilltop Youth ,anything Bibi says to Abbas is just lip service .

Ref : Israeli government willingly lays foundations for Jewish terrorism

@ http://972mag.com/israeli-government-wi ... ism/54318/

During the attack on the dorms of Palestinian students in Safed two years ago, inspired by the town’s rabbi Shmuel Eliahu’s ban on renting apartments to non-Jews, the calls of “A Jew is a soul” were heard (Hebrew). The same cry is common (Hebrew) among the fans of racist group Beitar Jerusalem (which sidelines as a soccer team). The supremacists we’re dealing with have nothing to be proud of aside from the fact of their Jewishness, used in the minimalist Orthodox sense of thinking every Jew is a priori superior to every non-Jew.

Hence the speaking of “souls” as a battle cry: a common Orthodox concept is that non-Jews do not have souls. This concept is very strong in Kabbalah (I guess Madonna is in for some nasty shock; being not just a gentile but a woman makes her a particular object of hatred), but exists elsewhere (such as in the Talmudic concept of “you [Jews] are human, they [non-Jews] are not, and Yehuda Halevi’s Kuzari, which rates being on an “inanimate-vegetable-animal-speaking being-Jew” scale

Assuming the attackers – both in Jerusalem and the West Bank – need legal aid, the NGO Honenu, dedicated to the defense of Jewish terrorists, would spring to action. Honenu receives tax exemption status from Netanyahu’s government; at the same time, the government denied that status to Rabbis for Human Rights, claiming it is “political.” Honenu is connected to “Ha’Kol Ha’Yehudi,” a leading extremist Jewish pride site which was quick to celebrate the Jerusalem pogrom (Hebrew). In turn, it is operated by the students of the extremist yeshiva of Yitzhar, which so worried the ISA that it tried to close it; but the Ministry of Education keeps funding the yeshiva. Recently, the prosecution decided not to indict two of the yeshiva rabbis, who wrote a gentile-killing manual; it also sent the aforementioned Shmuel Eliahu home scot-free. The reasoning was that Israeli law against racism does specifically exempts racism, if it is expressed in religious terms.

TerryTeo
Stew Ingredient

Post by TerryTeo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Telling it like it is..

This evil comes from inadequate education. Unfortunately more and more teenagers in Israel think that hate and racist violence are acceptable. Up until now the governmemt of Israel has turned a blind eye.

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:23 am

TerryTeo wrote:Telling it like it is..

This evil comes from inadequate education. Unfortunately more and more teenagers in Israel think that hate and racist violence are acceptable. Up until now the governmemt of Israel has turned a blind eye.

" inadequate education " !! .... its an education of myths and lies Terry and it starts with the books our kids study from at school .

Watch this @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWKPRC-_oSg

Nurit Peled-Elhanan is an Israeli peace activist. She is a lecturer in language and education at Hebrew University. Her daughter, Smadar Elhanan, was killed in a suicide bombing on 4 September 1997.

She is the daughter of the late Maj. Gen. Mattityahu ("Matti") Peled, a military commander and politician who quit the Israel Defense Forces two years after the 1967 Six-Day War because he felt the conflict should have been used to start a peace process. In the 1970s, he was one of the first to advocate making peace with the Palestinians by giving them a state alongside Israel.

Lecturer in Language Education at the Hebrew University, Tel-Aviv University and the David Yellin Teachers College Laureate of the Sakharov prize (2001) for Human Rights and the Freedon of Speech, awarded by the European Parliament. Member of the Parents-Circle, the Israeli-Palestinians forum of Bereaved Parents for peace.

Miko Peled is her brother.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:28 am

TerrorTelling it like it is..

Now Terror has decided to take on the Israelis education system. I am sure Terror thinks that there is no Arab youth wiling to blow themselves up. I guess Terror thinks that Israeli Jews have never been assaulted in Jerusalem.

And may I remind Terror that there have been numerous bombs set off in that section of Jerusalem stretching from the Mahane Yehuda Market don to Zion Sq.

Terror ignored condemnations by the prime minister, president and a vista to the victims of the attack by the Knesseth speaker. I don't recall Palestinian leaders ever visiting jewish victims of terror attacks, I don't even think they even care about their own fatalities.

So how many have does in Syria thus far. Is the number up to 20,000? Where's the outrage?

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:50 am

Now Terror has decided to take on the Israelis education system

He has ?
How has he ?
He just made a comment , thats all .

Now Nurit Peled-Elhanan decided to take on the Israelis education system , but who is she after all ?
Only an Israeli professor of language and education at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:18 pm

TerryTeo wrote:Telling it like it is..

You Terry, made of nothing more than garbage, should be the last person on this planet to judge Jews. After all, you come from the land where the first pogrom happened as far back as the 11th century. When Arabs learn to love their kids more than they hate Jews may be then there will be some peace in the area. Unfortunately, not only they hate Jews but they also hate their own. SYRIA! SYRIA! Take a look what Arabs are doing to their Syrian Arab brothers. Can one imagine what they would do to the Jews?

TerryTeo
Stew Ingredient

Post by TerryTeo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Rainman wrote:TerrorTelling it like it is..

Now Terror has decided to take on the Israelis education system.

Rainman, the comments came from Reuven Rivlin, speaker of the Knesset on Wednesday, during a visit to the victim in hospital. You continue to look for excuses for this lynching such as previous Palestinian attacks in Jerusalem (out of interest do you think that the IDF has ever killed any civillians in Ramallah), whereas he is frank enough to acknowledge where the problem starts and how the government has turned a blind eye.

Anyone with morals would tire of being an apologist for these crimes, but you just love it don't you?

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:05 am

When you took about being an apologist, kindly look in the mirror. I have no problem criticizing Israeli policies, but I guess it is al about how its approached. Your intense focus on one country with little regard to events around yo and actions on the Palestinians side is juts disturbing. Your lies and embellishments are even more disturbing. Oh yes, the who vaguest on you part about solutions for refugees was just joke. Yo never seems t come back with anything substantial.

You like to rail about the Israeli education system. I see no where in the Palestinian education that involves a s 2 acceptance of Jews. In fact a representative of Hama recently went so far as to say the recognition of the Holocaust as fact goes against their beliefs.

Sad, very sad.I guess you might be talking to the faux Sabra from now on.

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:08 am

polardude1 wrote:

You like to rail about the Israeli education system.

Sad, very sad.I guess you might be talking to the faux Sabra from now on.

He was NOT railing about the Israeli education system you dumb ass American .... cant you read ?

You can deny me as an Israeli all you like Polar but try denying Nurit Peled-Elhanan or her husband Rami as ones and that will make you look even more foolish than you are looking to us at this moment .

I would dedicate the following to you and your other American Diaspora friends and the Englishman but I know its just wasted words on the likes of you 5 , so Terri this is for you :

Replacing Pain with Hope

My name is Rami Elhanan. I am fifty-seven years old, a graphic designer, and a 7th generation Jerusalemite. I am a Jew, I am an Israeli, and before everything else-I am a human being.

My personal story begins and also ends on one particular day of the Jewish calendar - Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement): On Yom Kippur 33 years ago, in October 1973, I was a young reserve soldier finding myself all of a sudden in the midst of a terrible war. We set out in a company with 11 tanks and ended with only 3 tanks. There, in the Sinai sands, I lost some of my very best friends.
I came out of this war a beaten and battered young man-an angry and embittered, cynical and furious young man. I was determined to cut myself off from any sort of involvement-political, social, or anything else. I was released from the army and built me a life: studies, family, career.

Twenty three years ago, Yom Kippur evening, 1983 a sweet new babygirl was born in Hadassah Hospital, in Jerusalem. We named her Smadar. (It's from the Bible, from the Song of Solomon, meaning "The Grape of the Vine") She was a very vivid, smiling, happy, full of life and active young girl who joined our calm, happy family, and so we lived complacently, my wife Nurit, my three sons and this princess, in a bubble that we built around ourselves.

Until about 9 years ago, when, on the 4th September 1997, this bubble of ours was smashed to smithereens.

On the first day of the school year, a few days before Yom Kippur, Smadar and her friends went to the Ben Yehuda St. in Jerusalem to buy books for the new school year. There, they met their death, killed by two Palestinian suicide bombers who murdered 5 people that day, among them three little girls aged 14.

It was a Thursday at three in the afternoon-and the beginning of a long night, cold and dark.

At first in the depths of your heart you hope that the terrible finger won't point at you this time. You find yourself running crazily through the streets, going from one police station to the next, one hospital to the next, until eventually, much later in that long accursed night, you find yourself in the morgue and this terrible finger is right between your eyes and you see a sight that you will never, ever, be able to blot out.

And on Sunday the funeral is held in Kibbutz Nachshon, on the green hill on the way to Jerusalem. Smadari was buried next to her late grandfather General (ret.) Prof. and MK (ret.) Matti Peled, the Peace Fighter. The fact that the enemies of peace murdered his granddaughter drew huge attention in Israel and abroad. And as at his funeral, so at hers the mourners represented all the nuances that make up the wonderful mosaic of this unbelievable country-Jews and Arabs, left-wingers and right-wingers, religious and secular people, from the representatives of the settlers in the Occupied Territories to the personal representatives of chairman Yasser Arafat.

After the funeral we return to the empty house that slowly fills with people. For the next seven days we are wrapped in the consoling embrace of thousands of people who filled the narrow street, day after night, night after day till the end of the Shiva (seven day traditional mourning period).

On the eighth day suddenly everyone disappears and you remain alone, now you must marshal your strength, get up, face yourself in the mirror and decide: what's next? Where do you go from here? Where do you direct this new and terrible pain, this unknown and intolerable ache? What do you do with the rest of your life when suddenly you have become a completely different person, and all your previous priorities have dissipated in a trance and it's as though they never existed?

And really there are only two options to choose from, only one of two paths to trod: the first is the obvious one, the automatic, and the immediate. When someone murders your 14 year old little daughter, the one and only thing you have in your head is unlimited anger and an urge for revenge that is stronger than death. This is a natural feeling, it's only human. Most people feel that way, it's understandable, it's clear and predictable. However, we are human beings and not animals. We have a head on our shoulders and inside that head we have a brain and when the first madness of anger passes, you begin to ask yourself penetrating questions: if I kill someone in revenge, will that bring my baby back to me? And if I cause someone pain, will that ease my own pain? And the answer is absolutely "No". Then, during a long and slow, difficult and painful process you gradually reach the other road, and you try to understand: what occurred here? What can drive someone to such anger and despair as to be willing to blow himself up together with little girls? And most important: what can you, personally, do to prevent this intolerable suffering from others...

Yes, it is indeed not easy and indeed not simple and it took almost a year. In the beginning I thought to myself that I could behave as though nothing had happened, that I could return to work and on the face of things lead a normal life. But I was no longer the same person, and under the surface a change had started in me so deep I was unconscious of it.

And then, one day I met a big, impressive man with a crocheted skullcap on his head. (You know how we immediately stigmatize people, put them into drawers and catalogue stereotypes, so I immediately thought to myself that this man, with the skullcap, is a terrible fascist and eats Arabs for breakfast). The man's name was Yitzchak Frankenthal. He told me about his son Arik, kidnapped and murdered by Hamas in 1994 and that he has established this organization of people who lost children in the conflict but nevertheless want Peace... I then remembered that this man was one of the thousands who had been to my home during Shiva and I was really cross with him. I asked: How could you?! How dare you enter the home of people who have just lost a child and talk to them about Peace? He was not offended and with great calm and patience, invited me to attend one of the meetings of this group of crazy people and see for myself. I agreed, both because I did not want to insult the man and partly because I was a bit curious...

I stood aloof when they arrived. I was detached, completely cut off and cynical and reluctant, as usual. People began to descend from the buses and for me, a deeply rooted Israeli, these people were living legends: I used to read about them in the newspapers, I used to look up to them and I never ever dreamt that one day I will be one of them. I remember seeing Yaakov Guterman from Kibbutz Ha-ogen. He is a holocaust survivor who lost his son, Raz, in the 1st Lebanon War and was one of the first of bereaved parents who dared to demonstrate against this war. I also remember seeing Roni Hirshenson, a close friend, wonderful person and a determined peace seeker. He lost both his sons, Amir and Elad, on this accursed conflict, and yet remained a wonderful person and determined peace warrior...

And then I saw an amazing spectacle! Something that was completely new to me. I saw Arabs getting off the buses, bereaved Palestinian families: men, women and children, coming towards me, greeting me for peace, hugging me and crying with me... And I distinctly remember, a respectable elderly woman dressed in black from tip to toe and on her breast a locket with a picture of a kid, about six years old...

I am not religious-quite the opposite-and so I am at a loss to explain the change I underwent at that moment. But one thing became as clear to me as the sun at noon: from that day on - 8 years ago-I got a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Since that day on I have dedicated my life to one thing only: to go from ear to ear and from person to person and to shout in a loud voice, to all who are prepared to listen, and also to those whose ears are blocked: This is not our destiny! It is not a decree of fate that cannot be changed!!! Nowhere is it written that we must continue dying and sacrificing our children forever and forever in this difficult horrible holy land. We can-and once and for all must-stop this crazy vicious circle of violence, murder and retaliation, revenge and punishment. This never-ending cycle, with no purpose.

With no winners and only with losers.

This is the message that, together, my Palestinian brother here beside me, we are putting across. (With this one of a kind rare cooperation we are brothers in pain. And you will not find many examples in history where bereaved people, from both sides of the cancerous bloody conflict, holding out hands to one another). And we, the bereaved families, together from the depth of our mutual pain, are saying to you today: Our blood is the same red color, our suffering is identical, and all of us have the exact same bitter tears. So, if we, who have paid the highest price possible, can carry on a dialog, then everyone can!

And that, if you like, is the entire rationale in a capsule. Our strength derives from the intolerable pain and this intolerable pain has the power of nuclear energy. This power can be directed to good usage or bad. It can cause destruction and ruin which will produce more pain in this vicious cycle, but the opposite is also a possibility! This energy can be used to produce new hope! It is possible, and necessary, to use this bereavement to try and prevent further bereavement.

Today, high walls of fear and hatred separate the two nations. We, in our activities in the forum of the bereaved families, with the little remainder of our meager strength are trying to batter this wall; open and widen cracks until it falls.

So, how does one produce hope out of bereavement and loss? There is lots to be done and we are attempting to do as much as possible, for instance: In August 2000 during the Camp David peace talks we demonstrated in Rabin square in Tel Aviv to support the peace talks. Concurrently our Palestinian brothers did the same in Palestine Square in Gaza and we visited each other back and forth. Three months later there were already 300 dead and we returned to the square and set up 300 image-targets to illustrate the meaning of this number-300 dead! No one joined this second demonstration and we all felt that we were again in mourning.

Another year passed, and in October 2001, the number of victims grew to one thousand two hundred, 1200! We sent a delegation of bereaved fathers and mothers, Palestinians and Israelis, to the USA. In front of the UN building in New York, we placed one thousand two hundred coffins wrapped in Israeli and Palestinian flags, again to illustrate to the public the full significance of this terrible number - 1200!! (Today, sadly, there are already over five thousand dead from both nations. Many amongst the dead were completely innocent, many were children...and the numbers still grow - every day!)

Two years ago, after one of the worst days, which was especially bloody, we decided to use an unusual tactic to touch peoples' hearts. We invited our brothers and sisters, members of Palestinian Bereaved Families, to Magen David Adom (Israeli Red Cross) in Jerusalem to donate blood for Israeli victims. We, on the other hand, slipped across the enemy lines and reached the hospital in Ramallah where we donated blood for Palestinian victims. On the same evening, whilst in the studio of the Israeli television, an interviewer asked, in a voice both wondrous and shocked: How could you donate blood to the enemy?! We answered that it is far less painful to donate blood to the needy than to spill it unnecessarily as though it was water...

During the past two years we have initiated and executed an especially outstanding communication project: you dial *4643 and reach an answering service. If you are Palestinian you can speak with an Israeli. If you are Israeli you can speak to a Palestinian. Since launching the project there have been over half-a-million conversations between Jews and Arabs! This means that Jews and Arabs have spoken to one another for over a million minutes!!! Imagine what could have happened if the leaders of these two crazy nations would spoke to one another, even for one minute, on any subject under the sun...

However, in my opinion the highlight of our activities and the most significant for me are the lectures given in the schools; last year over one thousand lectures were held in Israeli and Palestinian schools! Only we, for instance, can enter an Israeli classroom of 30-40 pupils aged 17-18 and tell them that next year, when they will be soldiers, there will be a direct connection between their behavior at the checkpoints and the victims of the next terrorist attack. This of course raises a heated and bitter argument, but it is a vital argument, required and necessary. For my part, if I succeed in influencing even only one kid, I have saved one drop of blood! And that's a great deal! It is a miracle!!!

In this manner, we begin to breach the wall of hatred and cruelty. In this manner, we bring the message of peace and reconciliation and the necessity for dialog to thousands of pupils. We attempt to shatter the terrible myth that there is no one to talk to and nothing to talk about and therefore we must not surrender anything just continue fighting for ever, till the end of time...

But since so many rivers of blood have flown, one thing is now clear to everyone: the Palestinians will not be able to topple the Israeli nuclear power, and will not succeed in throwing all the Jews into the sea, and the Israelis will not succeed in suppressing the Palestinians' desire for freedom and will not be able to banish millions of Palestinians to the desert. It has been decreed that we must all live here together on this wasteful land and the sooner we understand that in this war there are only losers it will be better for all of us.

I wish to end on a personal note, with a request and a thank you: I am the son of a holocaust survivor. My father is an Auschwitz survivor. Sixty years ago when my grandparents were sent to the crematoriums in Europe, the free and civilized world stood aloof and did not lift a finger to save them. Today, too, sixty years later while these two mad nations are mercilessly butchering one another, the world again looks the other way and does nothing to put a stop to the killing and this is a shame! And this is a crime!!! All I have left is to beseech you not to behave that way. Do not stand aloof. Be involved and concerned because we are talking about your future and ours. Not everyone must think the same. It is possible and necessary to argue, but to turn your backs on reality, to stick your heads in the sand and to live in a bubble is wrong, because you know: bubbles tend to burst in your face sometimes...

And I thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for listening. For me that is the most important thing of them all. To have the ability to listen and the ability to talk to each other. We must be prepared to listen to ‘the other'. Because if we will not know how to listen to the other's story we won't be able to understanding the source of his pain and we should not expect the other to understand our own pain. Here is where it begins and here it will end.

Thank you
Rami Elhanan

Source : http://www.theparentscircle.com/Story.aspx?ID=415

TerryTeo
Stew Ingredient

Post by TerryTeo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Rainman, do you know who Reuven Rivlin is?

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:30 am

He';s the speaker of the Knesseth and a member of a party you view as evil, Your point?

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:21 am

polardude1 wrote:He';s the speaker of the Knesseth

Can't read , can't write , can't spell .

It's Knesset you dumb ass American !!!!

He told you his point already dumb ass :roll:

Rainman, the comments came from Reuven Rivlin, speaker of the Knesset on Wednesday, during a visit to the victim in hospital

The Knesset Speaker said the incident was a result of a failure to educate Israel's youths, adding that it is the responsibility of public leaders and educators to see this changed.

"This evil comes from inadequate education. Unfortunately, more and more teenagers think that hate and racist violence are acceptable. Up until now we turned a blind eye," Rivlin said. "The time has come to stop being vague."

"We – the government, the Knesset and the educational system – are responsible for that, as well as anyone who views himself as a public leader."

from : http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/kn ... m-1.460370

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:04 am

It's Knesset you dumb ass American !!!
''

Pardon me, That is the transliteration of a hebrew word. There ar no correct spelling of transliterated words spelled out in a foreign alphabet. You can spell any Hebrew word and spell it out different;u in latin letters. How many spelling of Hanukah are there in latin letters?

You want the correct spelling? Here it is. כנסת

Funy how you and Terror jump on Rivlin's words, a politician you would normally revile. The other thing is that he should be commended for doing something you would never here from a palestinian leader after a violence incident was directed at Jewish Israelis. What Terror does not seem to accept is the the bar for civil behavior seems to be set much higher in Israel than the Arab world, thus incidents only resulting in insure are highlighted.

Would you say youths sent in mission as suicide bombers was a failure of the Palestinian education system? Good tins about tat wall is that is no longer easy to pull off.

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:26 pm

polardude1 wrote:
Pardon me, That is the transliteration of a hebrew word.

What a load of bull .

Good tins about tat wall is that is no longer easy to pull off.

What ?

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:23 pm

polardude1 wrote:

Pardon me, That is the transliteration of a hebrew word.

What a load of bull .

you're no less an idiot from you lsat appearance here.. Obviously you think the latin alphabet is the she one used for Hebrew. Knesset is not an English word.

There are multiple ways Hebrew words are spelled out in Latin letter. I am sure someone of your high intellect would realize that. Then again, you never even post an opinion of your own. You cherry pick opinions and misrepresent them as your own.

Go and beat off Terror. His penis is hard and is waiting for an hand.

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Sure Polar sure , in America anything is possible
you butcher our language the moment you open your mouths , go on say mazal tov for me :mrgreen:

While you are at it could you transliterate : Good tins about tat wall is that is no longer easy to pull off.

dave.bt
Stew Ingredient

Post by dave.bt » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Polar

Please don't feed the troll.

Israeli
Stew Ingredient

Post by Israeli » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Do as the Englishman commands Dude , but enjoy this clip before you go :

http://vimeo.com/35660324

:mrgreen:

queenrania
Stew Ingredient

Post by queenrania » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Israeli wrote:Do as the Englishman commands Dude , but enjoy this clip before you go

TO has reincarnated. Die enemy!

TerryTeo
Stew Ingredient

Post by TerryTeo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Rainmans talking about my penis again, anything to avoid discussion on the lynching and child terrorists being produced in Israeli settlements and religious schools.

Yesterday Israeli police arrested a 12 and 13 year old suspected in the recent West Bank terrorist attack. They were apparently arrested in their religious school within their settlement. Such incitement comes as no surprise when leading Israeli Rabbis are openly advocating their followers to pray for the annihilation of others.

And Rainman, my point about Rivlin is that the comments came from him not me. You were critical of these comments when you thought they were mine, implying I was attacking Israels education system. How stupid you look know knowing they were from him. More evidence of how you simply disagree with anything I write, not because of the content, but the author.

You're a one trick donkey.