Patrington, England

Point, shoot, leave.
CaminoDeb
Stew Ingredient

Patrington, England

Post by CaminoDeb » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:37 am

http://valiantlady.blogspot.com/2017/01/patrington-england-hidden-gem.html

Any of you from England?

Here you go--something about Patrington from my blog.

I liked Patrington a lot, and the town had a really nice large pub--and a few good smaller ones too, as well as several good cake and tea shops.

We found the people in the community to be very kind.

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Re: Patrington, England

Post by DCComic » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:50 pm

There's a few Brits on here.
Glad you enjoyed Englandland!
Never heard of Patrington, but it looks typically chocolate-box pretty.
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

CaminoDeb
Stew Ingredient

Post by CaminoDeb » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:29 pm

DCComic wrote:There's a few Brits on here.
Glad you enjoyed Englandland!
Never heard of Patrington, but it looks typically chocolate-box pretty.

I absolutely loved it. My paternal grandmother's side is from England, and I was glad to be somewhere with such good tea. The countryside was charming.

leela
Stew Ingredient

Post by leela » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:47 pm

I've never heard of Patrington. And having googled it, I have to wonder what it is that took you there? It's on the road to nowhere.
Pass the wine...

mad hatter
Stew Ingredient

Post by mad hatter » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:49 pm

leela wrote:I've never heard of Patrington. And having googled it, I have to wonder what it is that took you there? It's on the road to nowhere.

what do you mean? its opposite Grimsby across the Humber. Racist.
Anyone can go by horse or rail, but the absolute best way to travel is by hat.

CaminoDeb
Stew Ingredient

Post by CaminoDeb » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:20 pm

leela wrote:I've never heard of Patrington. And having googled it, I have to wonder what it is that took you there? It's on the road to nowhere.

Leela: Click on the link to my blog in the first post. I explain what took me there in the very first line!

What took me there was that I asked my husband (2nd husband) to go to Scotland with me to do a long-distance walk. He agreed to go to the UK if and ONLY if we would also tag on a trip to Patrington, which is where his ancestral roots can be traced to.

Initially, I thought (&*()&^) --edited, lol--because I could see that it was quite a ways from where I wanted to walk in Scotland, but the UK--and much of Europe--is actually pretty small in comparison to some of the big US road trips I've been on. So...I decided to get creative with it.

I wanted a look at Edinburgh, so took us down on a train from Ft. William, which is where our long-distance walk ended. Stopped at Sterling on the way, too. We spent some nights in both places, and went to castles and had some good looks around.

Getting to Patrington took a bit of doing, but once we were there I fell in love with it.

--the bakers were kind
--our B and B was very humble but comfortable
--pubs were good
--restaurant we went to had delicious food
--we walked and walked, and got to know a lot of the townsfolk
--the church was a work of art

It is a great hole-in-the-wall community, with people who care about each other and get to know each other.