Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir

Point, shoot, leave.
CaminoDeb
Stew Ingredient

Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir

Post by CaminoDeb » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:54 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Love-Cambodia-De ... 0578537788

This is my story. I'd love you to read it, and look forward to your feedback. I decided to take it off of the thread entitled Foolsprogress 100 Memories, because as I kept writing, I realized it had to become my story---not Ken's.

Grateful for your support.

section8
the Secret Sauce

Re: Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir

Post by section8 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:57 pm

My copy just showed up but now I’m on the road. I’ll be bringing it on a work trip in September.
The freedom of birds is an insult to me.

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 pm

I'm halfway through it and its a great read....

CatScanMan
Goat Roper

Post by CatScanMan » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:55 am

I just got a Kindle copy. Need a change from my usual sci fi, this seems perfect.

CaminoDeb
Stew Ingredient

Post by CaminoDeb » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 pm
I'm halfway through it and its a great read....
I worked on it daily for a long, long time---I wrestled with it. The truth? Less the truth? My story? Simple travel anecdotes?

I decided to just tell the damn truth, but to tell it as well as I could. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Thanks to all for supporting my book.

Wilster
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wilster » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:58 pm

My copy arrived last week, but I’m waiting for my China trip first week of September to read it; figured there would be some downtime in which to read.
Scrubb makes note of my Stew and Thorn Tree posting history: I had no issues with what you said, the problem was that I couldn't figure out what it was (you said).

I’ll answer my own question: — VinnyD

Scrubb
Stew Ingredient

Post by Scrubb » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:47 am

I didn't realize until I read it (in the last few days) that the Khmer Rouge was still active in the '90s. It really brought Cambodia to life.
Boinkity_Boink isn't much of an idiot

CaminoDeb
Stew Ingredient

Post by CaminoDeb » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:38 pm

Scrubb wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:47 am
I didn't realize until I read it (in the last few days) that the Khmer Rouge was still active in the '90s. It really brought Cambodia to life.
Amazing to consider, isn't it? Thanks so much for reading it, Scrubb. If you are up to writing a review for Amazon, Goodreads, or both, I'd be grateful.

CaminoDeb
Stew Ingredient

Post by CaminoDeb » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:41 pm

And thanks to Section8, Lincoln, Wilster, CatScanMan, and those of you willing to part with the Kindle or paperback fee to read my book!

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:25 pm

CaminoDeb wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:41 pm
And thanks to Section8, Lincoln, Wilster, CatScanMan, and those of you willing to part with the Kindle or paperback fee to read my book!
Drinks will be on you then Deb if you ever make it to a Stew pissup!....or if I bump into you on the Camino...I'm walking the Camino Ingles in December...did you walk the big Camino?

CaminoDeb
Stew Ingredient

Post by CaminoDeb » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:25 pm
CaminoDeb wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:41 pm
Drinks will be on you then Deb if you ever make it to a Stew pissup!....or if I bump into you on the Camino...I'm walking the Camino Ingles in December...did you walk the big Camino?
Hey, drinks on me for sure, but keep buying books, people! I should be able to afford some cheap swill on the royalties pouring in :lol:

Camino Ingles--hmmm, going to be a bet chilly in December, but I think I'll go take a look and research it.

I did walk the "big" Camino Frances--from St. Jean Pied du Port to Santiago de Compostela. It was about 500 miles, and I took 41 days to walk it. I returned to Spain two additional times to walk sections of the trail, as I really enjoyed it. Those occasions, I walked 150-200 miles. In October, I'll head back, possibly to walk the Camino Invierno, which is strongly recommended. Not sure yet. I bought a RT fare for a really low price, and they keep changing dates and flights on me, so we'll see.

The W. Highland Way in Scotland is quite good too, but of course a completely different cultural experience.

Cheers!