Spirit Airlines

We're travelers here. Tourists can be found on that other board.
polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Spirit Airlines

Post by polardude1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:59 pm

I almost booked a flight n Spirit Airlines until I saw how the nickel and just about brought it up to the price of a ticket on a legacy carrier like American or Delta. I ended to with a reservation to Panama City, Panama with Delta.
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Re: Spirit Airlines

Post by VinnyD » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Yes, it's the nickel and just that gets you every time.

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:28 pm

I don't understand? What's a nickel?

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:30 pm

Roughly equivalent to the amount of money that was spent on your education, I believe.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.
VD wrote:Why are you saying Zzzzzz instead of Zzzzz?

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:02 pm

Moethebartender wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:30 pm
Roughly equivalent to the amount of money that was spent on your education, I believe.
Pfft..i have one o Level AND a cse.... beat that misery guts.

Andrea1
Stew Ingredient

Post by Andrea1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:02 pm

I flew with Spirit from Fort Lauderdale to Cartegena, Colombia. It was really cheap. I was worried - the check in lines seemed random, absolute chaos, lots of staff wandering around shouting out destinations and moving people from one queue to another. No flight numbers to be seen, am sure that people missed their flights because of it, but I was fine, with some help. Flight was ok, the air-stewards were really friendly/chatty. One asked me to sit next to her near the emergency exit - she said I looked sensible. Or something like that.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:29 pm

The flight I would've booked had a long layover and was scheduled to land in Panama City at 2 AM. I ended up with Delta flight out of BWI

DCComic
Stew Ingredient

Post by DCComic » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:56 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:02 pm
Yes, it's the nickel and just that gets you every time.
Do you understand the OP?
פולאר הוא שקרן - I want my fucking money back - The only reason you continue to participate is because you hate me personally.

If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it.

https://maxkimberstudio.co.uk

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost carrier, but they charge for things like carry-on bags that are included in the price of the ticket on older airlines like American or Delta. At first Polar Dude was going to fly Spirit to Panama because it looked cheaper, when when he calculated all the extra charges it was about the same as a ticket on Delta, so he got that.

Now, why he calls the extra charges "nickel and just", no, that I can't explain. Sometimes I can figure out what he meant to type but I can't think of anything that would have made sense and that would have been autocorrcted to "nickel and just".

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:32 pm

Gee, I wonder if he was trying to sputter nickled and dimed, VD bot. What do you think? I know, you'll need to wait for him to respond.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.

VinnyD
Stew Ingredient

Post by VinnyD » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:07 pm

That could be, but it doesn't line up very well with what he typed.

I guess, if you're right, that "the" should be "they". And he just left out "and dimed", and didn't worry much about the grammar.

When I saw how they nickel (and dimed, and that that) just about brought it up . . .

Only polardude knows for sure, and he ain't talking apparently.

Wilster
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wilster » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:23 pm

If you can read Polar's stuff via dyslexic eyes, then there's no problem...I've been doing it for years. In person he doesn't talk that way tho'.
Scrubb makes note of my Stew and Thorn Tree posting history: I had no issues with what you said, the problem was that I couldn't figure out what it was (you said).

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:24 pm

Yes, VD, I suppose it could possibly be something else, but I kind of doubt it. And deep inside your tiny little old mind, I suspect you know it wasn't something else as well. You like to cultivate the air of being a cunt though, and you've got it down to a tee.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:26 am

Unread post by VinnyD » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost carrier, but they charge for things like carry-on bags that are included in the price of the ticket on older airlines like American or Delta. At first Polar Dude was going to fly Spirit to Panama because it looked cheaper, when when he calculated all the extra charges it was about the same as a ticket on Delta, so he got that.
Dear VD, it's all a pretty little trick by the airline that brings the airfare up closer to many other airline. In my case, the small savings did not add up when you add in a 2 AM arrival.

DCComic, thank you for your response. It was very helpful.