Peru trip one week now

We're travelers here. Tourists can be found on that other board.
micvan
Stew Ingredient

Peru trip one week now

Post by micvan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:27 am

I'm getting excited but very stressful, having a Reno done while I'm gone so rushing about around that too. Plus I will be walking back into a new boss or not. So far they haven't hired. :shock:

ManchVegas
Stew Ingredient

Re: Peru trip one week now

Post by ManchVegas » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:05 am

I asked my Peruvian Quest Diagnostics lab guy what the national dish for Peru is and he said Ceviche. Don't know if I buy that.
Ritalin Brightens Your Day!

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:06 am

micvan wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:27 am
I'm getting excited but very stressful, having a Reno done while I'm gone so rushing about around that too. Plus I will be walking back into a new boss or not. So far they haven't hired. :shock:
We'll be expecting a comprehensive trip report with lots of pictures, missy!
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

http://www.fat-pie.com/salad.htm

micvan
Stew Ingredient

Post by micvan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:18 am

We just got to Cusco yesterday afternoon and walked into some sort of street celebrations, dancers, lots of horns tubas and LOUD drums. Went on for 2-3 hours so many groups of dancers no soon we you thought it was over and another group would form. Even had my partner dancing (in his style!) very colorful. Got our tickets to Machu Pichu and the rail. Just have to get tics to Ollytaytambo on Monday. Air is a bit thinner but not uncomfortably so just have to watch G he seemed to run out of poop quick all that dancing!

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:34 pm

Cusco is where I had that really good Alpaca Tenderloin meal I posted a picture of on the food branch.

Enjoy Machu Picchu. I thought it felt really special. Something about it..
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Welcome to SA, where everyday you get either a parade, or a protest!

Be sure to take a bit of time, it wont take much, to walk around the town of Olly.....
Its a koool place.

If you have time to make a daytrip to another site on your golden ticket, i would highly recomment pisac.
Get dropped at the top and walk down to town........ Downhilll hikes in SA are rare, take advantage.
The town also has a good market day.
Choose my bluest tape and unlock my car
An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far

northern_goddess
Queen Bee

Post by northern_goddess » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:47 am

^ Yes, I really liked the Sacred Valley tour and Ollantaytambo was a great spot. Those grain storehouses/buildings on the other side of the valley were pretty cool.