Where in Mexico...

We're travelers here. Tourists can be found on that other board.
twodogs
Stew Ingredient

Re: Where in Mexico...

Post by twodogs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:58 pm

None of the 30,000 killed in 2017 or the 3000 killed in July were wearing mouse ears. Just saying.

In Trocones you are more likely to be bitten by a sea snake than killed by a drug dealer so enjoy your vacation, take mouse ears, wear muted colors while swimming and dress the expendable members of your group in bright bathing suits.

Vaya con dios!
More irrational spitefulness coming from twodogs...

snowgirl
Stew Ingredient

Post by snowgirl » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Oh great. I think Lost Soul must have called my mom because now she's on to travel advisories, too. I'm going to have to share twodogs' mouse ears stats with her to talk her down.
Our problem is civil obedience. -Howard Zinn

eric84

Post by eric84 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:28 pm

It's cute that the ditchdigger is such an avid believer in chicken little travel advisories produced by the deep state. I should say I was in Zihua last year and also found it very charming and a beautiful setting.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:40 am

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who are grateful about being told that Disneyland has a murderous gang problem; and those who are resentful. And I know where Herreich falls on the spectrum.

Anyhoo, the salient point is that Mexico is not Montreal, nor even Mississauga.

My work here is done.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

micvan
Stew Ingredient

Post by micvan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Sno my mom was always on to travel advisories too when I travelled, I think it's the mom hermones. I hope you have a lovely time!

snowgirl
Stew Ingredient

Post by snowgirl » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Well, mom is coming with us so it won't be Mexico if she gets too nervous. :(

Luckily I have Lost Soul here to explain to me how a foreign country is not like my country. With alliteration, even!

dragon
Stew Ingredient

Post by dragon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:24 pm

but it's troncones, right? not trocones? are you going there? is there room for three more? my friends go there; it looks awesome.
She is a great-kneed person.

2wilzgood
Stew Ingredient

Post by 2wilzgood » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:24 pm

This is ridiculous. Cartels don't kill tourists.

Quite the opposite, they profit.

Relax, enjoy.
I used to feel empathy for the poor. Now I just want them all to die. - ScottBaio
You will die like a dog for no good reason. - Hemingway
My efforts here are wasted - wilz

snowgirl
Stew Ingredient

Post by snowgirl » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:51 pm

dragon wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:24 pm
but it's troncones, right? not trocones? are you going there? is there room for three more? my friends go there; it looks awesome.
Oh. Yes. Troncones. I knew that.

I don't know yet. I'm hoping we'll have a family meeting next weekend and decide. I agree it's probably not a big deal but my SIL took the wrong tack in the email discussion so mom might dig her heels in.

:roll: Families.

Wilster
Stew Ingredient

Post by Wilster » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:08 am

snowgirl wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:09 pm
Bump.

OK, sister found a beautiful villa on the beach outside Troncones, 30 minutes from Zihuatanejo. Please explain to me all the fun things there are to do in this area. Thanks.
Is the villa/house owned by a gay couple, Donna and Birdie (could be spelled Bertie)? One of my best mate's sister and her partner own a place there and do rent it out throughout the year.
Scrubb makes note of my Stew and Thorn Tree posting history: I had no issues with what you said, the problem was that I couldn't figure out what it was (you said).

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:17 am

I think you ought to point out that if you don't go to Mexico it means that Trump is winning by pointing out how dangerous and rapey Messicans are. Don't let mom listen to Trump or to Lost Soul. Point out that they're both pretty fucking crazy and out of touch with reality.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.
VD wrote:Why are you saying Zzzzzz instead of Zzzzz?

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:44 pm

Apparently the state police have disarmed all the Acapulco city police because so many are working for the bad guys. :(
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:45 pm

Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

twodogs
Stew Ingredient

Post by twodogs » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:56 pm

pezworld wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:44 pm
Apparently the state police have disarmed all the Acapulco city police because so many are working for the bad guys. :(
Understandable the bad guys pay better. Still not an issue for tourists. If anything it will just make the beach less crowded.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:19 am

twodogs wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:56 pm
pezworld wrote:
Understandable the bad guys pay better. Still not an issue for tourists. If anything it will just make the beach less crowded.
Mexican cops are always an issue for the tourists. Or at least any tourist leaving the confines of their luxury hotel.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

twodogs
Stew Ingredient

Post by twodogs » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:52 am

I have worked and traveled in and between dozens of Mexican cities and never had a problem with the police. The reason it makes news when it happens is because it is news and not a common occurrence.

Of course I always wear mouse ears.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:03 am

I had troubles with them while driving/riding cars as a yut.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

dragon
Stew Ingredient

Post by dragon » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Mexican cops are always an issue for the tourists. Or at least any tourist leaving the confines of their luxury hotel.
well. i guess i'm not a tourist. but here are my experiences with mexican cops

1) cop in puerto vallarta stopped me for speeding. wanted me to come into the police station. REALLY didn't want to accept a bribe instead, but we talked him into it. bribe was like 100 pesos (5 bucks)
2)cop on the highway on the way to san pancho (near puerto vallarta) on the way to our wedding stopped us because he felt that we hadn't come to enough of a stop at the turn. he looked very concerned and gave us a warning.
2) cop in guadalajara stopped me for, i don't remember what, on this insanely horribly busy street with traffic going every which way. i told him that i could not figure out what to do or where to go and could he help me? he did. (my mom was in the car. she was really impressed. she doesn't speak any spanish.)
3) another cop in guadalajara stopped me for turning at an intersection where i wasn't supposed to turn. he told me very concernedly that the macrobus goes there and i could get hurt. i thanked him.

it's insane driving here. cops have been very nice.
She is a great-kneed person.

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:01 pm

pezworld wrote:
Acapulco was just weird. I'd been there with my dad in the 80s - he loved it there. When I was living in Mexico City in 2015, I was dating a local womanfolk. We got drunk at the bar one night (Friday), and I thought it would be a good idea to fly to Acapulco. So we did. There was NO ONE there. It's a city of like 600,000, but no one was out. We took an airport taxi to Pie de la Cuesta.
I am Stalking you.

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:03 pm

She said "there's no one here!" EMG commented on her on Facebook, said she had nice legs. She does. Like 6'1", redhead.
I am Stalking you.

strife
Stew Ingredient

Post by strife » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Anyway, the route to Pie de la Cuesta was all patrolled - Mexican Army everywhere. We checked into the hotel I'd booked when talking this up. It was an American woman married to a guey from Chilpancingo who owned it. She was desultory. I asked why. She said we were the first people who'd checked in for three days.
I am Stalking you.

rider5
Stew Ingredient

Post by rider5 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:08 pm

I met a woman this summer who spends the winter surfing somewhere in BCS.

Homerj
Stew Ingredient

Post by Homerj » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:03 pm

strife wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:01 pm
pezworld wrote:
Acapulco was just weird. I'd been there with my dad in the 80s - he loved it there. When I was living in Mexico City in 2015, I was dating a local womanfolk. We got drunk at the bar one night (Friday), and I thought it would be a good idea to fly to Acapulco. So we did. There was NO ONE there. It's a city of like 600,000, but no one was out. We took an airport taxi to Pie de la Cuesta.
I too loved acapulco in the 80's it was the first place I went as a solo traveller.
It was seedy/shady but in a good way.
I'm going to the back seat of my car, with the woman I love, and I won't be back for ten minutes!

snowgirl
Stew Ingredient

Post by snowgirl » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Moethebartender wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:17 am
I think you ought to point out that if you don't go to Mexico it means that Trump is winning by pointing out how dangerous and rapey Messicans are. Don't let mom listen to Trump or to Lost Soul. Point out that they're both pretty fucking crazy and out of touch with reality.
I used this argument with mom (worded a bit differently) and Mexico is back on. We're looking at Zihuatanejo now, as the beautiful place in Troncones is gone.

This is a ridiculous time to be trying to plan a Christmas vacation. We haven't even looked at flights.

pezworld
Admin's Concubine

Post by pezworld » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:56 am

We stayed here for our first anniversary, and it was lovely!

http://hotelauradelmar.com/en/index.html