Machu Picchu, Peru

We're travelers here. Tourists can be found on that other board.
Bastet
Stew Ingredient

Machu Picchu, Peru

Post by Bastet » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:03 pm

Can’t find the old post.

I wanted to comment that the new rules aren’t enforced in regards to the guides at MP. You don’t have to get one yet.

The one-way system is enforced mostly though.

Also you can leave at 11:30, use restrooms and then return to stay at for the rest of the day.

After 2-3pm MP is practically empty. Also if at 6am you head low toward HP mountain - almost empty. Got a bit of MP magic sitting in silence just watching it.

However currently there was ‘only’ around 2,000 people a day - at peak this goes up to 7,000 we were told. So there’s possibly no peace anywhere.

I climbed both MP and HP/WP Mountains - both were fantastic but MP was much harder and more peaceful. HP sells out long long ahead.

MP was amazing, took my breath away. Very happy to have been able to see it

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Re: Machu Picchu, Peru

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:48 pm

Bastet wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:03 pm
Can’t find the old post.

I wanted to comment that the new rules aren’t enforced in regards to the guides at MP. You don’t have to get one yet.

The one-way system is enforced mostly though.

Also you can leave at 11:30, use restrooms and then return to stay at for the rest of the day.

After 2-3pm MP is practically empty. Also if at 6am you head low toward HP mountain - almost empty. Got a bit of MP magic sitting in silence just watching it.

However currently there was ‘only’ around 2,000 people a day - at peak this goes up to 7,000 we were told. So there’s possibly no peace anywhere.

I climbed both MP and HP/WP Mountains - both were fantastic but MP was much harder and more peaceful. HP sells out long long ahead.

MP was amazing, took my breath away. Very happy to have been able to see it

It's on this page, about 30 posts down. Thanks for the follow up.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

Geoffers
Stew Ingredient

Post by Geoffers » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:14 am

The most over rated old site I've been to, along with Petra.The walk along the train track from hydroelectrica was more interesting.I won't mention all of the tourist rip offs along the way.

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient

Post by steveogolf » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Glad that I stayed in Aguas Calientes and did MP and HP long ago before all of these "Rules". MP is amazing before the so-called "Tourist Train" arrives in the morning.
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:59 pm

Machu Picchu is brilliant. If you found it lacking, it's probably down to something being wrong with you rather than anything being wrong with the site.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:52 pm

Have you actually been to Peru then Moe?

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:39 pm

Yes, of course, bonger.

The obligatory pic of Machu Picchu:

Plaza de Armas in Cuzco:

El mismo:

Aguas Calientes

I've traveled through most of Central and South Amerikkka and know far more about every country in those regions than you ever will.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:06 pm

Alpaca, a tasty beast:

Piranha at the Yellow Rose Bar in Iquitos:

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:56 am

Awful photos,looks like you were on a guided tour for pensioners.....tourist!

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:24 pm

You're a tiny minded cretin who travels long distances to get a stamp in a passport and to smoke shit weed in the process. You really know nothing about the places you've been and have no interest in the local culture. Your travel puts your family in constant danger because you're a shithead who just doesn't give a fuck about anyone else as long as you're getting stoned. I look forward to seeing you whinge about the quality of the worms you're forced to diet upon in an upcoming episode of locked up abroad. Have a nice night, you sexless bark munching cunt.