Problem: Passport number on plane ticket does not match passport

We're travelers here. Tourists can be found on that other board.
Boinkity_Boink
Stew Ingredient

Problem: Passport number on plane ticket does not match passport

Post by Boinkity_Boink » Wed May 16, 2018 6:36 am

Because the passports are being renewed. We're flying home in a month, so we need to make plane reservations. At the same time, the girls' passports are being renewed. Which means that if we make a reservation now and give the airline the PP #, they won't match. The embassy will return the old passports, cancelled, and we'll bring these. Is everything going to be alright?

leela
Stew Ingredient

Re: Problem: Passport number on plane ticket does not match passport

Post by leela » Wed May 16, 2018 7:43 am

UK advice, but I doubt it'd be any different for you.
Once you have renewed your passport you simply need to contact your travel provider and/or your visa provider to inform them of your new passport number. The Passport Office will return your old passport to you, so you will have both your old and new passport numbers to make these changes.
Pass the wine...

Stan In Maryland
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stan In Maryland » Wed May 16, 2018 12:29 pm

i would think Leela's quote would be good. When you get the new passports give the airline the new numbers. Of course the real answer is you screwed up by waiting too long to renew the passports and your daughters will be held in ICE detention. Which all things considered means they could well be there until after you a long dead.
"As a child I wanted to be a grown-up. I wanted to know everything - not that I like to talk about it. I hate intellectual conversation with intellectuals because I only care about my opinion."

Boinkity_Boink
Stew Ingredient

Post by Boinkity_Boink » Thu May 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Stan In Maryland wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:29 pm
i would think Leela's quote would be good. When you get the new passports give the airline the new numbers. Of course the real answer is you screwed up by waiting too long to renew the passports and your daughters will be held in ICE detention. Which all things considered means they could well be there until after you a long dead.
Outta luck, sucker. Just made the flight reservation. Didn't ask for passport number.

Stan In Maryland
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stan In Maryland » Thu May 17, 2018 8:22 pm

They don't at the time of reservation, but I bet you have to provide it in advance of the flight. If not Trump will ban your country.
"As a child I wanted to be a grown-up. I wanted to know everything - not that I like to talk about it. I hate intellectual conversation with intellectuals because I only care about my opinion."

Boinkity_Boink
Stew Ingredient

Post by Boinkity_Boink » Fri May 18, 2018 5:09 am

You won't believe what fuck ups people around here can be. That's why I was worried about the PP issue in the first place. Because even if there was a formal work around (e.g. provide new passport and old one at check in), the guy at the desk is likely to use that to try to get a bribe. "I'm hungry" is the code du jour. But we should be fine anymore.

cummy
Stew Ingredient

Post by cummy » Fri May 18, 2018 5:16 am

"i'm hungry" ... ? OMG.

Boinkity_Boink
Stew Ingredient

Post by Boinkity_Boink » Fri May 18, 2018 5:21 am

cummy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:16 am
"i'm hungry" ... ? OMG.
A couple of months ago we got stopped because we were the last car going through a traffic light. I made dang sure to make sure the light was indisputably green. The guy stopped us and asked us if the light was red or green. I said I swear to god it was green, I was watching it like a hawk. So he let us off. But then he said look at us cops working so hard on a Sunday in the heat. We said yeah, you guys are great. Then he looked at me, and said in Swahili, which Mrs Boink had to translate "why do you love yourself more than you love me?" Even Mrs Boink had trouble understanding it, it was such an odd thing to say. It was his (new and improved) way of asking me why I'm spending all my money on myself and not on him. Whatever.

cummy
Stew Ingredient

Post by cummy » Fri May 18, 2018 5:27 am

again, OMG. things like that really bug me. and that reminds me: when i got a speeding ticket in germany once, the officer wanted cash payment right then and there for the ticket. i guess that's a classier way of getting cash than embarrassingly asking me if i love him too ;) . a few months later a cop in switzerland pulled me over. i knew the copper would want some cash, so i said that i did not have any cash on me. i said that all i had was a credit card. the swiss copper then said "i accept credit cards for payment". oh shit! but at least the swiss copper's ticket would be more legit than the german copper's ticket.

Boinkity_Boink
Stew Ingredient

Post by Boinkity_Boink » Fri May 18, 2018 5:33 am

That's corruption, iddnit? I thought stuff like that didn't happen in Germany or Switzerland.