New Russian Visa questions

We're travelers here. Tourists can be found on that other board.
GLimpet
Stew Ingredient

New Russian Visa questions

Post by GLimpet » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:08 pm

A selection.

Seriously:
What is your National Insurance Number?
Countries visited in the last 10 years: please list the ones you have visas/stamps in the passport you are submitting(country and exact full dates of entry and exit) and purpose of Visit (Tourism, Business or Private)

Previous Russian Visits (in the last 10 years) with dates of entry and exit as per stamps in your passport and purpose of the visits

Is it your first British Passport: all applicants have to provide details for 3 passports held previously or at this moment. If unable to provide exact information please provide approximate dates. If you have had less than 3 UK passports, then list the ones you had:

Passport number, Issuing authority, Date of issue, Date of expiry, Passport status (expired, lost, stolen)
Your parents’ full names, Dates, Countries and places of birth, and their nationalities.

If either/both of your parents had passed away please indicate when (full date) and where (City)

Did you ever have any other nationality?
If so, please provide Passport number, Dates of Validity and issuing Authority

Full Home address with postcode, email and telephone number
Current/latest place of work: Name of the company, position, company’s address, phone number, email and full dates of start and resignation

Information about your children. (Surname, Name (names), Date and place of birth, passport number, issuing authority, Date of issue, Date of expiry, Nationality)

Will your child be travelling with you?

Does your child reside with you at your current address?
If not, what is the current address of your child

Your overall monthly income from all sources (Before Tax)
Do you have any other sources of income including relatives and friends?

Do you have any bank accounts, securities, stocks, other private property, including those in Russia?

Total amount of money you are planning to spend for this trip/ stay/ visit to Russia?

How much of this amount are you planning to spend on accommodation and food?

Do you have social network account? It yes, please indicate which (Facebook, Twitter etc)
Apparently retaliation for the UK asking similar questions of Russians seeking UK visas, not to mention the UK version of Magnitsky laws which enable the seizure of the UK assets of the Russian officials involved.

Should I mention the Stew?

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Re: New Russian Visa questions

Post by simon_in_exile » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Yep. I filled it out for my Mum at Christmas - it’s a bit tedious.

I just did an Indian e-visa application and they also went for the “list countries visited in last ten years” question, but only allow you to fill in approx 8 countries. I counted up over 40, but no space available.

And social media accounts - seriously... luckily my mum doesn’t do that stuff.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

simon_in_exile
Stew Ingredient

Post by simon_in_exile » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:00 pm

But yeah it’s approx 8 pages long - a bottle of wine is your friend at times like this.
La ruta nos aportó otro paso natural.

GLimpet
Stew Ingredient

Post by GLimpet » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 pm

Luckily, I don't have any social media accounts, bank accounts, or children.

GLimpet
Stew Ingredient

Post by GLimpet » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:09 pm

I list five countries max in those questions. They can flip through my passport if they want.

QPR_Paul
Stew Ingredient

Post by QPR_Paul » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:27 pm

I did mine in October for a 12 month Russian visa. I only entered the countries with stamps in the passport, and previous Russian visits, and a couple of random EU visits.

As you say, the new questions seem to be retaliation for the UK asking these questions to Russian citizens. They don't ask Schengen country passport holders the same questions. And they only charge €70 for a 1 year multi entry to Schengen citizens, for UK passport holders it ends up minimum £500...

GLimpet
Stew Ingredient

Post by GLimpet » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:34 pm

That's Putin for you.

Thieving murdering Russian officials stashing their booty in UK?

Do anything and the old middle class guy gets it!

leela
Stew Ingredient

Post by leela » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:38 pm

QPR_Paul wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:27 pm
As you say, the new questions seem to be retaliation for the UK asking these questions to Russian citizens. They don't ask Schengen country passport holders the same questions. And they only charge €70 for a 1 year multi entry to Schengen citizens, for UK passport holders it ends up minimum £500...
It's £500 for a Russian tourist visa?
Pass the wine...

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:26 pm

I just did an Indian e-visa application and they also went for the “list countries visited in last ten years” question, but only allow you to fill in approx 8 countries. I counted up over 40, but no space available.
They also ask for addresses of places you stayed on previous visits to India. but it'
s al done on line.
Ereich
DCComic was, of course, the one doing the chasing. He appears to have misquoted Polar in his autosignature, something he has trouble with.

DCComic
I'm a crazy racist cunt.

No quotation marks used

QPR_Paul
Stew Ingredient

Post by QPR_Paul » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:47 pm

Leela wrote:
It's £500 for a Russian tourist visa?
No, a one year multiple entry business visa.

leela
Stew Ingredient

Post by leela » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:57 pm

Phew
Pass the wine...

GLimpet
Stew Ingredient

Post by GLimpet » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:38 pm

My Russian immigration guy tells me that you don't need to mention spouse or children if they're not coming with you.

Not that I was going to anyway. But my service techs were dutifully answering all the questions honestly.