Ryder Cup

If it's got balls, it's here
Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Ryder Cup

Post by Argonheart_Po » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:28 am

This year I’ll be going for America.

I’m sick of the boorish behaviour of the Euro media complaining about American golfers and spectators while their own players and fans are at best the same, but more often worse.

And fuck Jean-Claude Juncker.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Re: Ryder Cup

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:27 pm

Well, when you're an African you can go for whoever you want.

American golfing fans have always been pretty obnoxious.

Adds a bit of spice to the competition.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:13 pm

I'll always remember the sour grapes at Brookline.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:11 pm

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:28 am
This year I’ll be going for America.

I’m sick of the boorish behaviour of the Euro media complaining about American golfers and spectators while their own players and fans are at best the same, but more often worse.

And fuck Jean-Claude Juncker.
It's too bad Tiger and Phil are so shitty at Ryder Cup, otherwise they have a chance. I don't think there's been much complaining from any media about fans the last few Ryder Cups. I remember Colin Montgomerie getting abuse at every hole and then promptly beating every Amerikkkan player he played against. Drove them crazy.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient

Post by steveogolf » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Stephen_Dedalus wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:27 pm
...........................American golfing fans have always been pretty obnoxious...................
That is a ridiculous, biased, and stupid generalization.
The vast vast majority of American golf fans appreciate good golf no matter who is playing, and are well-behaved on the course. There are always the few who occasionally behave badly in every sport, including Brit fans -- especially soccer fans -- but to categorize all or most American golf fans as "obnoxious" or as lacking proper manners is an outrageous statement and false.
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:21 pm

steveogolf wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:37 pm
Stephen_Dedalus wrote:
...........................American golfing fans have always been pretty obnoxious...................
The vast vast majority of American golf fans appreciate good golf no matter who is playing, and are well-behaved on the course. There are always the few who occasionally behave badly in every sport, including Brit fans -- especially soccer fans -- but to categorize all or most American golf fans as "obnoxious" or as lacking proper manners is an outrageous statement and false.

Bullshit you burger munching seppo turd/ the yank fan suck arse but I am inclined to agree with OP...the pres mke to much of it,the euro fans are probable not much better.

I'm spunking a wedge on the yanks winning this year so i'm on your side Steavo..

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:43 pm

I hope you bet the Christmas money.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient

Post by misanthrope » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:09 am

Lincoln wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:21 pm
steveogolf wrote:
Stephen_Dedalus wrote:

Bullshit you burger munching seppo turd/ the yank fan suck arse but I am inclined to agree with OP...the pres mke to much of it,the euro fans are probable not much better.

I'm spunking a wedge on the yanks winning this year so i'm on your side Steavo..
Not much better? They're not at all better.

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:54 am

£450 for a Sunday ticket.

mmm..trying to justify that to myself. Can't do it.

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:06 am

steveogolf wrote:
Stephen_Dedalus wrote:
Yup.

The Britbong media will be full of it this week.
“We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” —C.S. Lewis

sodelicious
Stew Ingredient

Post by sodelicious » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:24 am

Stephen_Dedalus wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:54 am
£450 for a Sunday ticket.

mmm..trying to justify that to myself. Can't do it.
Justify it. You're in Paris, you may never get this chance again.
Everyone is a victim to a social worker.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:21 pm

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:06 am
steveogolf wrote:
Stephen_Dedalus wrote:
Yup.

I thought you were British?
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Ugly afternoon for the Amerikkkans. Probably the fans' fault.

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:28 pm

I was listening to the fans on the radio...worra bunch o'sad fcuks....second only to French Cycle fans.

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient

Post by steveogolf » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:40 pm

After Day 1: Euros 5, U.S.A. 3. BUT
"It ain't over 'til it's over." Lots of golf yet to play.

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:55 pm

steveogolf wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:40 pm
"It ain't over 'til it's over." Lots of golf yet to play.
Yeah but you've gotta to be feeling like you had your ass whooped today eh Steavo?

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient

Post by steveogolf » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Yes, the afternoon matches went 0-4 against us, and that's just as bad as if The Mighty Imps were shut out by the last place team in League Two. But, as said by John Bulushi in the film, "Animal House":
"When the going gets tough the tough get going."
I'll be up early tomorrow morning (Saturday) to watch all of the 8 matches.

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient

Post by jedgarandclyde » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:17 pm

Surely there are certain fans in both camps that are 'obnoxious', no Stephen?
'There are plenty of people out there'..................Donald Trump

Free American Joe!!!

Argonheart_Po
Stew Ingredient

Post by Argonheart_Po » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:03 am

eric84 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:21 pm
Argonheart_Po wrote:
steveogolf wrote:

Yup.

I am. But I’m not a petty nationalist.

sodelicious
Stew Ingredient

Post by sodelicious » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:14 am

Man the Euros are kicking the crap out of the Americans right now, including yesterday they have won 8 straight matches.
Everyone is a victim to a social worker.

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:01 pm

If The Yanks can draw or win the afternoon session by anything (1/2 a point) it's still game well on tomorrow.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Argonheart_Po wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:03 am
eric84 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:21 pm
Argonheart_Po wrote:

Yup.

I am. But I’m not a petty nationalist.
Over a few journalists and fans? How do you keep supporting British sawker then?

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:41 pm

steveogolf wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:19 pm
Yes, the afternoon matches went 0-4 against us, and that's just as bad as if The Mighty Imps were shut out by the last place team in League Two. But, as said by John Bulushi in the film, "Animal House":
"When the going gets tough the tough get going."
I'll be up early tomorrow morning (Saturday) to watch all of the 8 matches.
Getting your ass whooped here Yanky boy :o

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:52 pm

It doesn’t look good for the amerikkka. Just don’t make the mistake Steve made of celebrating too early and flouncing out of shame.

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:55 pm

eric84 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:52 pm
It doesn’t look good for the amerikkka. Just don’t make the mistake Steve made of celebrating too early and flouncing out of shame.
:lol: That is so fcuking true!....a few years back Europe won the Ryder Cup in the US A of America and Steavo flounced for 7 months or so....a stew sports branch classic if ever there was one.

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient

Post by steveogolf » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:16 pm

This Ryder Cup is disappointing to me, NOT only because the U.S.A. is getting whacked, but because of the not-so-great play on both sides. The Play by Team U.S.A. is less than bad --- it is PATHETIC. If you watched Saturday's matches could you believe that hole in Alternate Shot where the Euros put a ball in the lake, and instead of playing safe the U.S.A. player then put their ball in the lake. Then Team U.S.A. put YET ANOTHER BALL IN THE LAKE. OMG. The hole was HALVED with TRIPLE BOGEYS. How TERRIBLE ! It's not like past Ryder Cups where the play by many of the players on both sides have been spectacular.

Saturday's U.S.A. play was so bad, and I was so disgusted, that at 6 a.m. U.S. Pacific time (2 p.m. Brit time/3 p.m. Paris time) I switched the channel to watch 2 old episodes of "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" -- and that was a lot more enjoyable than watching the Ryder Cup.

Notwithstanding the above, I DO LIKE THE GOLF COURSE, including the high difficult rough. The course is a good test of golf, but most of the players are not stepping-up like in the past.

Here is the math for Sunday's 12 singles matches:
Team U.S.A. needs 8 points out of 12 points to retain the Ryder Cup and 8 1/2 points out of the 12 points to win the Cup. That looks very difficult to me.
Team Europe needs only 4 1/2 points out of 12 points to win The Cup (Only 4 points out of the 12 points gives them a TIE/DRAW, but if that happens the U.S.A. retains the Cup. 4 1/2 points out of 12 points looks easy to me.
Anyway, I will be up at 3 a.m. Pacific Time on Sunday to see what happens.

There was no steveo flounce way back when ---- as I explained long ago, I went on vacation out of the country for several weeks after that Ryder Cup. By the time I got back the Ryder Cup was long past history. And that's The Truth !

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:06 pm

steveogolf wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Notwithstanding the above, I DO LIKE THE GOLF COURSE, including the high difficult rough. The course is a good test of golf, but most of the players are not stepping-up like in the past.

Agree with that steavo...when I heard the Ryder Cup was being held it France I was surprised...I didn't think they were that into Golf in France but that golf course is something else...its not easy to play and I have a new found respect for the players and the sport....I also have a feeling the yanks will make a comeback and that this game is far from over.

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient

Post by steveogolf » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Lincoln wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:06 pm
steveogolf wrote:

Lincs: Agree with that steavo...when I heard the Ryder Cup was being held it France I was surprised...I didn't think they were that into Golf in France but that golf course is something else...its not easy to play and I have a new found respect for the players and the sport....

Lincs: I also have a feeling the yanks will make a comeback and that this game is far from over.
Steveo: I don't think so, Lincs. Team U.S.A. is too far behind with too few matches remaining. There would need to be a complete collapse by Team Europe on Sunday for the U.S.A. to retain the Cup. But in the recent past both the U.S.A. and Europe have come back on Sunday from big deficits to win The Cup.
We will see. But it is great to see that you are now a golf fan. Golf CAN be interesting to watch even though most non-golfer sports fans think that it is boring.
Best regards.

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Don't get carried away seppo...still prefer Cricket,Footy, Formula 1 over the checkered trouser wearing wankers any day.

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient

Post by steveogolf » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:29 pm

Race cars going aound and around and around makes me dizzy. Lincs..................... Back in The Day I did go to Indianapolis (not for the race but on business) and took a Tourist lap ( 2 1/2 miles) around the Indianapolis 500 race track in the On-Site Tourist Bus. That was at least a little interesting.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:38 pm

steveogolf wrote:
This Ryder Cup is disappointing to me, NOT only because the U.S.A. is getting whacked, but because of the not-so-great play on both sides. The Play by Team U.S.A. is less than bad --- it is PATHETIC. If you watched Saturday's matches could you believe that hole in Alternate Shot where the Euros put a ball in the lake, and instead of playing safe the U.S.A. player then put their ball in the lake. Then Team U.S.A. put YET ANOTHER BALL IN THE LAKE. OMG. The hole was HALVED with TRIPLE BOGEYS. How TERRIBLE ! It's not like past Ryder Cups where the play by many of the players on both sides have been spectacular.

Saturday's U.S.A. play was so bad, and I was so disgusted, that at 6 a.m. U.S. Pacific time (2 p.m. Brit time/3 p.m. Paris time) I switched the channel to watch 2 old episodes of "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" -- and that was a lot more enjoyable than watching the Ryder Cup.

Here is the math for Sunday's 12 singles matches:
Team U.S.A. needs 8 points out of 12 points to retain the Ryder Cup and 8 1/2 points out of the 12 points to win the Cup. That looks very difficult to me.
Team Europe needs only 4 1/2 points out of 12 points to win The Cup (Only 4 points out of the 12 points gives them a TIE/DRAW, but if that happens the U.S.A. retains the Cup. 4 1/2 points out of 12 points looks easy to me.
Anyway, I will be up at 3 a.m. Pacific Time on Sunday to see what happens.

There was no steveo flounce way back when ---- as I explained long ago, I went on vacation out of the country for several weeks after that Ryder Cup. By the time I got back the Ryder Cup was long past history. And that's The Truth !
Horseshit, you were boasting about an inevitable us win right until Sunday afternoon and you suddenly when on vacation for several months. Not at all believable.

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:54 pm

Have you ever seen a Ryder Cup before, Steveo?

It is often this situation going to the final day and it ends up being within a point or 1/2 point by the end.

Team USA would be assumed to win/draw 2/3 of their singles matches, in terms of 6 points from 12.

So they just need to steal two wins from defeats. Yes a tall order.

That fact they don't need to win outright with 14 1/2 points is a bonus.

I still envisage Europe weathering an early storm.

And facts are facts:

Tiger, played 4, one point.

Tommy Fleetwood, played 4, four points

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Yes, tiger is bad at the Ryder cup.

Zamuel
Stew Ingredient

Post by Zamuel » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:52 am

Lincoln wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:06 pm
steveogolf wrote:

Agree with that steavo...when I heard the Ryder Cup was being held it France I was surprised...I didn't think they were that into Golf in France but that golf course is something else...its not easy to play and I have a new found respect for the players and the sport....I also have a feeling the yanks will make a comeback and that this game is far from over.
It looks like a decent course, up close I'd bet it presents a lot of difficult lies that may look easier than they are. No one is playing particularly well.

It's FRANCE, the Americans are distracted checking out the women to see if they're wearing panties.
"Life is not like a box of chocolates, it's a jalapeno. What you do today will bite you in the ass tomorrow."

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:05 pm

1 more point needed by Team Yurp to send the yanks home with the bitter taste of defeat in their mouths... can you taste it yet Steavo ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eric84

Post by eric84 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:07 pm

Well, that was an ass kicking. Lefty and tiger made all the difference.

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:09 pm

Mashed Potato !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Very disappointed with the lack of comments from our American posters....hiding their heads in shame perhaps?

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Steveo has just popped outside for a bit.

Lincoln
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lincoln » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:10 pm

For 7 months like last time :D

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient

Post by steveogolf » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:21 pm

Team U.S.A. should be embarrassed. They played like shit. The Euros played good golf, but not great. For me it was a disappointing Ryder Cup because it wasn't close -- no high drama for the last few matches. It is most enjoyable when it is close in the end, and this Ryder Cup wasn't close from late Friday to the conclusion. I have seen the comebacks made by both the U.S.A. and Europe in recent years, but those are most unusual and rare.
So that is it for the 2018 golf season as far as the significant tournaments are concerned. There is still the Tiger Woods vs. Phil Mickelson Thanksgiving weekend match on Pay TV that few will watch other than those at the expensive country clubs, but Phil is playing so poorly now so that might be a bomb shit match.
Actually, the highlight of this Ryder Cup for me was watching Jon Rahm play well against Tiger Woods and beat him 2 and 1. Why? It's because I have seen Jon Rahm play in more than 10 tournaments for Arizona State University in college golf tournaments when the CAL BEARS golf team has also played, and I have talked to Rahm a few times. He was great then, and is great now, and getting better.
The End.

eric84

Post by eric84 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:55 pm

steveogolf wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:21 pm
There is still the Tiger Woods vs. Phil Mickelson Thanksgiving weekend match on Pay TV that few will watch other than those at the expensive country clubs, but Phil is playing so poorly now so that might be a bomb shit match.
Exactly. Who's gonna pay money to this on TV now?