Tennis

If it's got balls, it's here
User avatar
madmonday
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11923
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:33 am

Tennis

Post by madmonday » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:16 am

S. Williams, fuck off....you are a cheat and a wanker....used every stereo type claim to support her version. Your opponent is the better player.
Supporter and former member of door kickers Australia

User avatar
rosstralia
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by rosstralia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:11 am

Serena, Making America Cheat Against.
The poster below is a moron

User avatar
rosstralia
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by rosstralia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:12 am

.... I'm surprised she didn't blame it on racism.
The poster below is a moron

User avatar
madmonday
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11923
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:33 am

Re: Tennis

Post by madmonday » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:28 am

rosstralia wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:12 am
.... I'm surprised she didn't blame it on racism.
Every other card was played....that is for next time....
Supporter and former member of door kickers Australia

User avatar
Meatfree
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 am

Re: Tennis

Post by Meatfree » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:49 am

It's such a shame for Osaka. She wins her first Grand Slam at twenty years old, but everybody is only talking about spoilt Serena and her pathetic little tantrums.

User avatar
allender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:24 am

Re: Tennis

Post by allender » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:16 pm

Such unsportsman like behaviour.

And this article what a joke pulling I am a mother card out.

The point is she wanted to come back even when she did not have to.

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 61535
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by VinnyD » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:31 pm

her coach said he was coaching her, but that he didn't think she saw it.

What is the rule? No coaching by the coach, or no coaching that the player actually sees?

He also said that Osaka's coach was coaching her, and that "Everybody does it." He didn't say whether he thought Osaka saw her coach coaching.

If they are going to have a rule like that, they need to put the coaches somewhere where the players can't see them during play. And where they can't give signals to someone else to relay to the players.

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 61535
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by VinnyD » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Of course, the other possibility would be to abandon the rule and allow coaching on every point, which I understand is allowed on the tour but not in Grand Slam tournaments, and is what Billie Jean King proposed.

Did it cost John McEnroe a game when he called the umpire the pits of the earth?

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 61535
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by VinnyD » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Answering my own question: He was fined $1500 but not any points. And it was "pits of the world".

User avatar
The Mallard Missie
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12053
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by The Mallard Missie » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:09 pm

She is a repulsive, bad tempered cunt. And women's tennis is fucking boring. Fuck her.
The Duck Delusion

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 61535
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by VinnyD » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Is Osaka the first person of Haitian descent to win a major tournament?

User avatar
The Mallard Missie
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12053
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by The Mallard Missie » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:09 pm


The Duck Delusion

Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 28238
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by Chip_Oatley » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Rafael Nadal took issue with the same umpire last year. I could not find a good link.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 54941
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Tennis

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:26 pm

She pulls the woman card at 7:50.

I thought she congratulated her opponent sufficiently after she lost.

Chris Evert said she had never seen a game point for yelling at the umpire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiBrForlj-k
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 53732
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by eric84 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:33 pm

The umpire was too harsh in his penalty to her but Serena needed to keep it together better.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
Shavenhead
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 16563
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by Shavenhead » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Why is this such a big issue?

Is tennis like even a proper sport?
"Don't be attracted to easy paths because the paths that make your feet bleed are the only way to get ahead in life" Saddam Hussein

User avatar
rosstralia
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by rosstralia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:29 pm

VinnyD wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:31 pm
her coach said he was coaching her, but that he didn't think she saw it.

What is the rule? No coaching by the coach, or no coaching that the player actually sees?

He also said that Osaka's coach was coaching her, and that "Everybody does it." He didn't say whether he thought Osaka saw her coach coaching.

If they are going to have a rule like that, they need to put the coaches somewhere where the players can't see them during play. And where they can't give signals to someone else to relay to the players.
The coach is coaching her. Its cheating. They don't need to put Serena's coach anywhere else. The cheating cheats need to stop cheating.
The poster below is a moron

User avatar
VinnyD
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 61535
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by VinnyD » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:51 pm

This is the rule:

"Players shall not receive coaching during a match (including the warm-up). Communications of any kind, audible or visible, between a player and a coach may be construed as coaching."

If Ramos is right that she didn't see him, then he attempted to break the rule but failed. She did not receive coaching, nor was there communication between them.

The rule seems so difficult of enforcement in current conditions that either the coaches should be put in a room where they dan watch the match on TV or the rule should be scrapped.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by misanthrope » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:04 pm

Every news article that I have seen is supporting her.

Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 28238
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by Chip_Oatley » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:42 pm


Chip_Oatley
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 28238
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by Chip_Oatley » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:08 am

Image

The opposite of "unsportsmanlike" FYI

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by misanthrope » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:28 am

I didn't see what happened, but this isn't the first time that she has been called unsportsmanlike and abused the umpires. And that picture doesn't prove anything. She ruined big moments for Sam Stosur and Kim Clijsters.

And Billie Jean is getting crushed in those comments.

User avatar
avalon_
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 25162
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:26 am

Re: Tennis

Post by avalon_ » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:59 am

I feel terrible for Osaka. The way she looked down and hid her face under her visor as the crowd booed broke my heart. I hope she's able to feel proud of her accomplishment.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by misanthrope » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:59 am

That crowd is seriously fucked up.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 54941
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Tennis

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:01 am

avalon_ wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:59 am
I feel terrible for Osaka. The way she looked down and hid her face under her visor as the crowd booed broke my heart. I hope she's able to feel proud of her accomplishment.
I think she is. Serena gave her a loving hug after she won the match. And then she told the A-holes to stop booing during the award ceremony. They weren't booing Osaka anyway.

Osaka was crying tears of joy.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by misanthrope » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:17 am

Those weren't tears of joy. Serena is an entitled brat who stole the moment with her oversized ego.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 54941
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Tennis

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:46 am

She was the home team telling the home crowd to shut their pie-holes on the booing of the umpire.

You imply that she was cheering on the boos. She was not.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
cummy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8606
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by cummy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:53 am

i have NO sympathy for serena. see that other thread in the other branch where i told my story of serena. she is a fucking piece of work. and so is her PR person ... that is the blonde lady (total fekkin' lezbo) who always sits next to oracene (serena's mom). i have lots of stories of that PR cunt woman too.
misanthrope wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:28 am
She ruined big moments for ... Kim Clijsters.
my memory is a bit foggy, but was this the match at the french open ... like around 2005 or 2008 or something like that? if it was that match, there was LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of booing directed at serena. i was at that match. i was sitting amongst a group of americans, who were clapping and cheering on serena ... while the majority of the audience was booing serena. i was the only one BOOING serena from this crowd. i got lots of dirty looks and was told "shut up" many times. i just told those folks to fuck off.

User avatar
cummy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8606
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by cummy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:55 am

and just for the record: serena is nasty. venus is actually a very nice person. i have had quite a few - albeit short - conversations with venus: on airplanes, at baggage claim, in hotels, etc. venus has manners.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 54941
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: Tennis

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:58 am

Venus may have manners, but Serena got a seat in the castle at her bestie's wedding to the red headed stepchild.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
VinceFoster
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11909
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:56 am

Re: Tennis

Post by VinceFoster » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:00 am

she's a mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited you decided
to come over and beg.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by misanthrope » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:12 am

Lost Soul wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:46 am
She was the home team telling the home crowd to shut their pie-holes on the booing of the umpire.

You imply that she was cheering on the boos. She was not.
I didn't imply that at all. But she made the whole thing about Serena. She's never had any class.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by misanthrope » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:14 am

cummy wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:53 am
i have NO sympathy for serena. see that other thread in the other branch where i told my story of serena. she is a fucking piece of work. and so is her PR person ... that is the blonde lady (total fekkin' lezbo) who always sits next to oracene (serena's mom). i have lots of stories of that PR cunt woman too.
misanthrope wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:28 am
She ruined big moments for ... Kim Clijsters.
my memory is a bit foggy, but was this the match at the french open ... like around 2005 or 2008 or something like that? if it was that match, there was LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of booing directed at serena. i was at that match. i was sitting amongst a group of americans, who were clapping and cheering on serena ... while the majority of the audience was booing serena. i was the only one BOOING serena from this crowd. i got lots of dirty looks and was told "shut up" many times. i just told those folks to fuck off.
I can't remember exactly. She has done this a number of times.

User avatar
The Mallard Missie
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 12053
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by The Mallard Missie » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:45 am

Shavenhead wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:56 pm
Why is this such a big issue?

Is tennis like even a proper sport?
Women's tennis most verily isn't.
The Duck Delusion

User avatar
VinceFoster
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11909
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:56 am

Re: Tennis

Post by VinceFoster » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:33 am

did you see that sexist tennis official helping Naomi Osaka win the match?
I'm so excited you decided
to come over and beg.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by misanthrope » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:20 am

VinceFoster wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:33 am
did you see that sexist tennis official helping Naomi Osaka win the match?
It's difficult to believe the bullshit being spun.

User avatar
madmonday
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 11923
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:33 am

Re: Tennis

Post by madmonday » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:56 am

They missed some zeros when they did the fining....24,000 grand she would have that as loose change in the nappy bag....que muther fucker to chime in...
Supporter and former member of door kickers Australia

User avatar
rosstralia
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by rosstralia » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:39 am

misanthrope wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:20 am
VinceFoster wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:33 am
did you see that sexist tennis official helping Naomi Osaka win the match?
It's difficult to believe the bullshit being spun.
Serena seems to have just as many issues with female officials as the blokes. Remember that 'sexist' female lineswoman who Serena kindly threatened to shoved a ball down her fucking throat. Then there was the female ref who Serena called racist because she made a few correct calls that didn't go her way.
The poster below is a moron

User avatar
allender
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3126
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:24 am

Re: Tennis

Post by allender » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:55 am

Image

She would fit nicely with this crowd

User avatar
rosstralia
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by rosstralia » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:56 am

madmonday wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:56 am
They missed some zeros when they did the fining....24,000 grand she would have that as loose change in the nappy bag....que muther fucker to chime in...
Its a joke. Her disgraceful behaviour won't stop until she is given a substantial ban that includes a grand slam. I doubt she's cared about smaller tournaments for a long time. It wont happen though. She's worth too much money for the big tournaments and she knows it and exploits it. FFS she only got a slap on the wrist for threatening a lineswoman with violence.
The poster below is a moron

User avatar
korgy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24848
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:55 am

Re: Tennis

Post by korgy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:37 pm

in the 2009 Open, Roger Federer yelled at the umpire , saying "don't fucking talk to me" and "Don't tell me to be quiet, OK? When I want to talk, I talk. I don't give a shit!"

no fine.

at the 2018 Australian Open Federer told the ump "'That's a bullshit argument."

no fine.

there are multiple other examples of the double standard.

many people dont know this, but is is actually possible to see that Serena should have conducted herself better, and still see the blatant double-standards.

#AngryBlackWoman


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 3c4883f88b


https://www.thequint.com/sports/tennis- ... nnis-court
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

User avatar
Meatfree
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:28 am

Re: Tennis

Post by Meatfree » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Or it could be just examples of bad umpiring. It doesn't necessarily follow that it's just because she's a woman.

User avatar
korgy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24848
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:55 am

Re: Tennis

Post by korgy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 pm

that's true, but the discussion above seems to be totally focused on her being unacceptably Angry, with no regard for historical context.

McEnroe was so cute and funny when he was raging, wasnt he?
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

User avatar
korgy
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 24848
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:55 am

Re: Tennis

Post by korgy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:52 pm

in any case, we're talking about two different things

1) you're talking about the ump's rulings

2) most people are focused on Serena's behavior
"Iranians apparently disagree with korgy"

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 53732
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by eric84 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 pm

I'm always amazed how indulgent tennis umpires are of temper tantrums from players and how often it goes unpunished. Connors and McEnroe seemed to use it to turn the tide of a match.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by misanthrope » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:48 pm

korgy wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:37 pm
in the 2009 Open, Roger Federer yelled at the umpire , saying "don't fucking talk to me" and "Don't tell me to be quiet, OK? When I want to talk, I talk. I don't give a shit!"

no fine.

at the 2018 Australian Open Federer told the ump "'That's a bullshit argument."

no fine.

there are multiple other examples of the double standard.

many people dont know this, but is is actually possible to see that Serena should have conducted herself better, and still see the blatant double-standards.

#AngryBlackWoman


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 3c4883f88b


https://www.thequint.com/sports/tennis- ... nnis-court
Big surprise that Korky jumps in on peak social justice. What a knob.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by misanthrope » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:51 pm

korgy wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 pm
that's true, but the discussion above seems to be totally focused on her being unacceptably Angry, with no regard for historical context.

McEnroe was so cute and funny when he was raging, wasnt he?
Wrong. People think that it's funny now. And he parodies his former rage. It wasn't funny back in the day and he got penalized for it. He was dq'd from the Aussie Open in 1990.

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 7560
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:30 am

Re: Tennis

Post by jedgarandclyde » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:04 am

It comes down to me as people simply showing respect for umpires, they after all are in charge and should be respected.

These days they are seen as a person sitting in a chair, and they are not respected either by the players or the crowd, and they should be.

Ms Williams prima-donna like act at the US Open was just terrible to watch for me.
'There are plenty of people out there'..................Donald Trump

Free American Joe!!!

User avatar
dBrother
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 22663
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:54 am

Re: Tennis

Post by dBrother » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:19 am

In the local News Corp rag

Image
.

misanthrope
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 8955
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 pm

Re: Tennis

Post by misanthrope » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:29 am

People are calling that cartoon racist. Idiots.

Post Reply