Mesut Ozil quits international football

If it's got balls, it's here
Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Mesut Ozil quits international football

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:22 am

World Cup winner Ozil says he feels like a German in victory and immigrant in defeat.

This after he and a Turkish-German player met with the Turkish leader Erdogan.

Former players had called for them not to be picked for the world cup team.

After reading this and few months ago I knew not was all well with the German squad.

That's pretty sad.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Re: Mesut Ozil quits international football

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:56 pm

Fuck him.

Tayyip is an asshole.

He is currently hounding an NBA player around the world because he hasn't shown the proper obeisance to the douchelord.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient

Post by jedgarandclyde » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:00 pm

It seems that all was not well inside the German squad, there seems that there were a couple of big heads there, that didn't mix well with certain players.

And i do guess it does say something about the Sydney Swans [AFL] 'no dickheads' policy, that says you must get on with other team members, no matter how much talent you have.
'There are plenty of people out there'..................Donald Trump

Free American Joe!!!

Kilombo
Stew Ingredient

Post by Kilombo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:08 pm

In the german media for 2 days these are the headlines. I really don´t understand why there is so mucho attention about this? There are really more serious problems to attend. I do not agree on any kind of racism but Ozil is handling all this really awful. At first place he should never have posted together with Erdogan to help him in the elections. Erdogan is a facist. Ozil was a player of the german team and going to the WC and it is obvius that his statements will get a lot of publicity. The germans were obviously angry with him because before that Erdogan has been very agressive towards Germany and the rest of Europe. Ozil could have said simply he won't play any longer for the german team but again he wanted attention and he is also responsable to create mor hate and racism everyhwere. So fuck off Ozil and fuck off Erdogan
Prost!

desertstorm
Stew Ingredient

Post by desertstorm » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:12 pm

I may not agree on every point Ozil made and I have not followed this closely, but I share his view on the matter and feel sympathetic about his situation.

I don't like Erdogan one bit but someone with Turkish heritage posing in a photo with him does not deserve the hysterical nationalistic crappy treatment Ozil gets at all.

I hope he will get more sympathy and change his mind about his decision later.