The Golf Post Of The Day

If it's got balls, it's here
Post Reply
steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by steveogolf » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:13 pm

President Trump played 9 holes of golf today in Tokyo with Japan's Prime Minister Abe and professional golfer, Hideki Matsuyama (The # 4 Ranked Player in the World) on Japan's most difficult and renouned golf course.
There is no word on who won or whether they bet bucks or yen.
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 48081
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by eric84 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:43 pm

Trump claimed to shoot 68 the other day.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6703
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:30 am

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by jedgarandclyde » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:21 pm

I do think that Trump needs to spend way more time playing gold, and less time tweeting.
No signature for you!

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by steveogolf » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:52 pm

jedgarandclyde wrote:I do think that Trump needs to spend way more time playing gold, and less time tweeting.


That would ruin his unofficial title of "Tweeter-In-Chief".
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

User avatar
Nines
Regular Guy
Posts: 10802
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by Nines » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Trump carries about a 3 handicap. That's a good golfer no matter who or where you are.

Deals are made on golf courses. It's cool that Hidecki played with them. I'm a fan.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 48081
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by eric84 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:44 pm

Given all the golf he plays, he should at least be good at it rather than, you know, his full time job.

He has a pretty shitty looking swing so I'm doubting the 3 handicap myself.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
grecian
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 16511
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by grecian » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:53 pm

"3 Handicap"???

....With those sausages for fingers?

My COCK....

User avatar
Nines
Regular Guy
Posts: 10802
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by Nines » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:22 am


User avatar
grecian
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 16511
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by grecian » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:38 pm

FAKE NEWS!!

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by steveogolf » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:50 pm



Interesting article, Niner.
But my bet is that Trump can't break 80 anymore on any of his courses from the back tees, especially if he doesn't putt the 3-5 footers.
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

User avatar
grecian
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 16511
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by grecian » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Or the fact that he's a Misogynist, Racist, Sexist CUNT....

Can you HONESTLY see Trump driving anything over 200 yards?!?

Be honest now....

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by steveogolf » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:45 pm

grecian wrote:Or the fact that he's a Misogynist, Racist, Sexist CUNT....

Can you HONESTLY see Trump driving anything over 200 yards?!?

Be honest now....



The article says (based on someone who has played golf with Trump on multiple occasions) that his swing has definite flaws, but that he is a consistently straight hitter so that he is on the fairway almost always, and rarely gets into serious trouble. This is especially advantageous on difficult courses where there is water, OB, trees, and other hazards and trouble for those stray off-line. The article says that he drives the ball about 230 yards -- not long by modern standards -- but can score well because of his accuracy (Former Touring PGA Pro Mike Reid was like that years ago -- a very short hitter, but deadly straight so that he got the nickname "Radar").
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 47988
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by Lost Soul » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:31 pm

IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 48081
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by eric84 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:37 pm

steveogolf wrote:


Interesting article, Niner.
But my bet is that Trump can't break 80 anymore on any of his courses from the back tees, especially if he doesn't putt the 3-5 footers.


I confess not knowing a lot of about how handicap gets calculated but those scores are mostly in the late 70s, early/mid 80s which doesn't come to a 3 handicap in my estimation. More like an 8 or 9.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
Nines
Regular Guy
Posts: 10802
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by Nines » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:46 am

So you know absolutely nothing about the USGA golfing handicap system but still feel compelled to comment negatively about anything Trump. Typical. I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 48081
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by eric84 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:04 am

That’s just my intuitive take, dude. If I see scores like that, it’s not adding up to a 3 handelicap in my mind. I thought you would walk us through it.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 48081
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by eric84 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:05 am

It’s funny trumpiedoodle supporters now are defending his golf game after whining the times Obama golfed.
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6703
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:30 am

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by jedgarandclyde » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:20 pm

It is ironic i think that a lot of the pics of him i see of him playing golf, show him coming out of the long stuff way off the fairway, but he is supposed to be very straight?
No signature for you!

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by steveogolf » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:41 pm

jedgarandclyde wrote:It is ironic i think that a lot of the pics of him i see of him playing golf, show him coming out of the long stuff way off the fairway, but he is supposed to be very straight?


I have never played with Trump. I am only reporting what I read regarding someone who played with Trump.
I have played with three celebrities:
(1). Played 9 holes with Michael Landon ("Little Joe" on "Bonanza", and star of "Little House on the Prairie".
(2). Played 18 holes with Ed Platt ("The Chief" on the old TV show "Get Smart").
(3). Played 18 holes with Chuck Woolery (Ex game show host on "Love Connection").
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 47988
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 am

Michael Landon was more of a tennis fan.

He used to put on a small annual tournament in Tucson every year.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by steveogolf » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 pm

Lost Soul wrote:Michael Landon was more of a tennis fan.

He used to put on a small annual tournament in Tucson every year.


Michael Landon was a member of El Caballero Country Club in Tarzana, CA (San Fernando Valley) when I played 9 holes with him. He played left handed, and was a decent player, but not great (As I recall he had about a 43 for 9 holes from the regular men's tees when I played with him, but El Cab is a more difficult golf course than most, so that is respectable).

I come to Tucson, AZ periodically for NCAA Golf Regionals which have been played at The Gallery Club in Marana, AZ. The last time there in mid-May I enjoyed a late afternoon at Sabino Canyon, with a dip in one of the natural pools at Tram Stop # 7.
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

User avatar
Nines
Regular Guy
Posts: 10802
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by Nines » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:44 am

I once played golf with the road manager for Hall and Oates and a brain surgeon.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 47988
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:02 am

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:52 am

I did likewise with one of Hamid Karzai's former US Army bodyguards in Wakaghanistan. He told me how corrupt, pro-Taliban and pro heroin-dealing he was in 2004, I think. This was when he was still being fellated by the crooked and malfeasant US press to clueless Ameriguns, which would continue for another five years or so.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6703
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:30 am

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by jedgarandclyde » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:28 pm

Steve, i am not talking about anything but the evidence in the pics i have seen, OK?

And i don't know how playing golf with somebody famous, would help me in any way with those personal views?

They may be right or wrong, but i am just making a personal view from the evidence i have seen.
No signature for you!

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by steveogolf » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:25 pm

jedgarandclyde wrote:Steve, i am not talking about anything but the evidence in the pics i have seen, OK?

And i don't know how playing golf with somebody famous, would help me in any way with those personal views?

They may be right or wrong, but i am just making a personal view from the evidence i have seen.


President Trump has been called the Liar-In-Chief. He is probably cheating with his posted scores, so you may be correct.
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6703
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:30 am

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by jedgarandclyde » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:49 pm

I don't know Steve about his handicap one way or the other, but my personal view is that some one so short off the tee would find it very hard to have a 3 handicap.

My thinking is that he would need to be some sort of wizard in all other parts of his game.

He won't release his tax returns, but perhaps he can give us a look at some of his golf scorecards to clear this matter up?
No signature for you!

User avatar
Nines
Regular Guy
Posts: 10802
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by Nines » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:13 pm

President Trump has been called the Liar-In-Chief. He is probably cheating with his posted scores, so you may be correct.


When a golfer cheats on his handicap it's to make the number HIGHER you morans. A handicap lower than your playing ability puts you at a disadvantage.

He won't release his tax returns, but perhaps he can give us a look at some of his golf scorecards to clear this matter up?

Perhaps you could read the article I linked. It shows Trump's handicap scores.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 48081
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by eric84 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Nines wrote:
President Trump has been called the Liar-In-Chief. He is probably cheating with his posted scores, so you may be correct.


When a golfer cheats on his handicap it's to make the number HIGHER you morans. A handicap lower than your playing ability puts you at a disadvantage.

He won't release his tax returns, but perhaps he can give us a look at some of his golf scorecards to clear this matter up?

Perhaps you could read the article I linked. It shows Trump's handicap scores.


You would only post higher scores if you're looking to win tournaments or match play events. If you're trying to convince the world of how great a golfer you are, you would post the lowest scores possible.

What's the more likely scenario with Trumpiedoodle?
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by steveogolf » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Eric wrote:
You would only post higher scores if you're looking to win tournaments or match play events. If you're trying to convince the world of how great a golfer you are, you would post the lowest scores possible.
What's the more likely scenario with Trumpiedoodle?

Eric has it right.
Trump has an ego that would NEVER permit him to be anything but great in everything he does that could be reported in the media (including golf).
In addition, Trump probably hasn't played in any tournament in many years where a higher (sandbag) handicap would give him an advantage. I doubt that he has played in any tournament at all in many years, and probably has no intention of doing so while President.
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

jedgarandclyde
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 6703
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 3:30 am

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by jedgarandclyde » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:26 am

Nines, the last part of my post was a joke, i know it was a bad one, but it was a joke no less.................Do lighten up a bit!!
No signature for you!

User avatar
Nines
Regular Guy
Posts: 10802
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by Nines » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:16 am

If Trump was intentionally cutting his posted scores in an attempt to lower his handicap just to appear to be a better golfer than he actually is he wouldn't have won 19 Club Championship tournaments in the last 10 years.

So which is it? He cheats to make himself look good with a low handicap or he pads his handicap to win tournaments?

You can't have it both ways.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 48081
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by eric84 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Nines wrote:If Trump was intentionally cutting his posted scores in an attempt to lower his handicap just to appear to be a better golfer than he actually is he wouldn't have won 19 Club Championship tournaments in the last 10 years.

So which is it? He cheats to make himself look good with a low handicap or he pads his handicap to win tournaments?

You can't have it both ways.


Ha, ha, you really took Trumpiedoodle at his word when he said he won that many club championships? Fuck, you're an idiot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 22f7151654
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by steveogolf » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Nines wrote:If Trump was intentionally cutting his posted scores in an attempt to lower his handicap just to appear to be a better golfer than he actually is he wouldn't have won 19 Club Championship tournaments in the last 10 years.

So which is it? He cheats to make himself look good with a low handicap or he pads his handicap to win tournaments?

You can't have it both ways.


Hey Niner, Every "Club Championship" that I know of is played at SCRATCH (No Handicap), so it's "Low Gross" that wins. He could have won at low gross if all of the other competitors were shitty golfers (Trump could have staged such a situation to make himself look good).
Hey, nothing that Trump says can be believed, AND, what he says is often distorted or lacking in important facts for its foundation.
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

ACommonLoon
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by ACommonLoon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:58 am

There needs to be a new version of the Ryder Cup, only not USA vs Europe, but right wing politicians of the world vs left wing.

User avatar
eric84
Moderator
Posts: 48081
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by eric84 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Saw this and had to post....this is from a Trumpiedoodle supporter.

LPGA star on golf with Trump: 'He cheats like hell'

By DYLAN DETHIER Tuesday, January 30, 2018
LPGA legend Suzann Pettersen is fond of the sitting U.S. president. But she's not so sure about his handicap.

In an interview with Norwegian newspaper Verdens Gang, Pettersen detailed the many sides to her relationship with President Trump, whom she has known on and off the golf course for over a decade.
"He cheats like hell," the 15-time LPGA Tour winner said. "So I don't quite know how he is in business. They say that if you cheat at golf, you cheat at business." Pettersen also said the president must pay his caddies well, as drives that are headed for the woods always ends up back in the fairway. She also mentioned his fondness for gimmes.
The merits of President Trump's 3 handicap have come under scrutiny since he took office. Sen. Lindsey Graham told GOLF.com's Michael Bamberger about a round of 73 Trump shot in "wet, windy conditions," and aspiring pro Taylor Funk recently reported that Trump had shot 36 on the front nine during their round together. But Pettersen hasn't seen that side of his game.
"He always says he is the world's best putter. But in all the times I've played him, he's never come close to breaking 80," she said.
"But what's strange is that every time I talk to him he says he just golfed a 69, or that he set a new course record or won a club championship some place. I just laugh."
Pettersen, who used to talk on the phone monthly with Trump, said she knows how much he cares and that she's glad the two have stayed in touch since the election, even though she doesn't agree with many of his policies.
Suzann Pettersen greets President Trump at Trump International Golf Club in 2007.
"I'm not a supporter of what he says or stands for," she said. "I thought it was very strange during the presidential campaign that he wasn't smarter about how he communicated."
Pettersen caught criticism for tweeting out congratulations to Trump after his 2016 election victory.
"He could have won more easily, but made some blunders with his statements," she said. "That's because he is so stubborn. He has not changed five millimeters since becoming president."

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/01/3 ... -pettersen
Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.

User avatar
pezworld
Admin's Concubine
Posts: 31129
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:00 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by pezworld » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:02 pm

I've heard for years that he cheats at golf. Here's an older source in Golf Digest:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/youre- ... ts-at-golf

In 2016
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/spor ... -golf.html

Talking about his vanity handicap
https://www.salon.com/2017/08/02/comman ... -handicap/

Unfortunately one of his celebrity followers is a member of our club. Baio.
Jesus, you turn your back for one second and the next thing you know, everyone's going all fucking kumbaya and shit around this dump - Moe

steveogolf
Stew Ingredient
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: The Golf Post Of The Day

Post by steveogolf » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:00 pm

eric84 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:59 pm
Saw this and had to post....this is from a Trumpiedoodle supporter.

LPGA star on golf with Trump: 'He cheats like hell'

By DYLAN DETHIER Tuesday, January 30, 2018
LPGA legend Suzann Pettersen is fond of the sitting U.S. president. But she's not so sure about his handicap.

In an interview with Norwegian newspaper Verdens Gang, Pettersen detailed the many sides to her relationship with President Trump, whom she has known on and off the golf course for over a decade.
"He cheats like hell," the 15-time LPGA Tour winner said. "So I don't quite know how he is in business. They say that if you cheat at golf, you cheat at business." Pettersen also said the president must pay his caddies well, as drives that are headed for the woods always ends up back in the fairway. She also mentioned his fondness for gimmes.
The merits of President Trump's 3 handicap have come under scrutiny since he took office. Sen. Lindsey Graham told GOLF.com's Michael Bamberger about a round of 73 Trump shot in "wet, windy conditions," and aspiring pro Taylor Funk recently reported that Trump had shot 36 on the front nine during their round together. But Pettersen hasn't seen that side of his game.
"He always says he is the world's best putter. But in all the times I've played him, he's never come close to breaking 80," she said.
"But what's strange is that every time I talk to him he says he just golfed a 69, or that he set a new course record or won a club championship some place. I just laugh."
Pettersen, who used to talk on the phone monthly with Trump, said she knows how much he cares and that she's glad the two have stayed in touch since the election, even though she doesn't agree with many of his policies.
Suzann Pettersen greets President Trump at Trump International Golf Club in 2007.
"I'm not a supporter of what he says or stands for," she said. "I thought it was very strange during the presidential campaign that he wasn't smarter about how he communicated."
Pettersen caught criticism for tweeting out congratulations to Trump after his 2016 election victory.
"He could have won more easily, but made some blunders with his statements," she said. "That's because he is so stubborn. He has not changed five millimeters since becoming president."

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/01/3 ... -pettersen
I read this on-line yesterday, and I believe every word of it !
In my opinion he most likely cheats at golf, cheats in business, cheats in life, and definitely is the Tweeter-In-Chief of "Fake News".
Steveo is my name, and golf is my game.

Post Reply