NFL Talk 2017

If it's got balls, it's here
section8
the Secret Sauce

Re: NFL Talk 2017

Post by section8 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:36 pm

St. Zzzzz has a rendezvous with destiny.
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:51 pm

section8 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:36 pm
St. Zzzzz has a rendezvous with destiny.
Indeed, and as hoped for about three months ago in the other thread.

Anyway, for those of little faith in St. Zzzzz, which apparently includes everybody in Philthy (like ploadrude), except his teammates, how do you like them apples?

Was that a great QB game or was that a great QB game yesterday? And against Minnesota's #1 defense to boot.

Here is what the local sports columnist wrote about it:
The rest of the nation was at commercial break when the moment finally broke. All night, it had been building: a rhythm, an energy, a quiet intensity, the ether of a universe with a population of one. At the uppermost bound of any craft is a nirvana-like dimension where one’s surroundings recede into the distance and the present moment feels as if it is the only thing that exists. Zzzzz Foles had spent three-and-a-half quarters alone in this realm, dropping back, sliding forward, calmly planting and spinning pinpoint throw after throw. For three hours, he had been all of the things they said he couldn’t possibly be: poised, tough, accurate, confident…a Super Bowl caliber quarterback in every sense of the phrase.

Now, with two minutes remaining and the stadium rocking and the sideline dancing and the opponent staring blankly into the middle distance, Foles jogged toward the sideline and the silver-haired coach beckoning from just beyond the hashmarks. Doug Pederson opened his arms like an old friend and the moment lifted like a weight.

“Coach Pederson is the one who drafted me,” Foles said later. “He was the only coach who flew down to Texas and worked me out. I was only worked out by one team, and that was by Coach Pederson. . .the Philadelphia Eagles took a chance on me. To win this game for him and this organization is something very special.”

All of it made for a sight that was impossible to digest: the clock rolling to zeroes, the portable stage rolling toward the 20-yard line, the confetti cloud exploding and settling onto the Lincoln Financial Field turf. And there, in the middle of it all — his lanky frame draped in a gray shirt that said NFC Champions — stood the quarterback whose era had already ended, the quarterback whose time had already come and gone, the two-quarterback two years removed from contemplating retirement, now hugging his teammates and pumping his arms and joining a sold-out stadium in its orgiastic chants.

You could’ve predicted a lot of what went down on the final leg of the Eagles’ improbable journey to Super Bowl LII: that a relentless pass rush would wreak havoc on the Vikings’ ability to execute their game plan; that the entire complexion of the game would change on a touchdown return off a Case Keenum interception; that the Eagles’ front seven would smother Minnesota’s running game, further amplifying the effect of their pass rush; that Pederson would stomp his foot down on the gas pedal and refuse to let go, tacking on three points with an urgent drive at the end of the first half and then opening up the second with a 41-yard flea-flicker bomb for a touchdown, stunning the Vikings sideline into the silent, wide-eyed stillness of resignation.

What you could not have predicted was the performance of the man you saw standing tall in the pocket on that flea-flicker heave and so many other throws. In the biggest game of his life, when the stakes were the highest, Foles was better than he had ever been before.

The numbers don’t always speak for themselves, but, in this case, they might undersell things: 26-of-33, 352 yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions.

No, this game wasn’t about the numbers. It was about the throws.

Zzzzz Foles’ game against the Vikings was the best performance of any Eagles quarterback in an NFC championship game. Click here for a graphic comparing Foles’ numbers with those of other Eagles quarterbacks.

It started after the interception return by Patrick Robinson that tied the game at 7-7 in the first quarter. It was the Eagles second offensive possession, and something clicked. Maybe it was that third-and-long throw to Zach Ertz: the protection was perfect, and Foles made the most of it, calmly scanning the field, stepping forward in the pocket, finding Ertz open in the middle of the field, driving a throw into the perfect window for his tight end to bull past the first-down marker. From that point on, he looked like the ghost of some fantasy past, the fulfillment of a prophecy in which many once believed he was a quarterback capable not just of reaching the Super Bowl, but of leading a team there. He made all the throws that were there, and made up the rest.

“All week he’s been calm, he’s been confident, he’s been energetic,” Pederson said. “He’s everything we knew he was. He’s been that way now for two weeks and it’s shown on the field.”

Rewind that 53-yard touchdown pass to Alshon Jeffery with just over a minute remaining in the first half. How long did he stand tall in that pocket? Five, six seconds? All the while, allowing the play to develop to the point where Jeffery was wide open a half-a-football field away. A testament to the protection in front of him? Sure. But watch it again. Look at all that was going on around him, purple pants sliding this way and that, to his right, to his rear, at his feet. You kept waiting for the inevitable to happen, for some errant hand to make contact with his cocked arm, to crash through a block that could not hold any longer. But the man with the ball in his hands looked as though he was operating in some other dimension, as though there was some sort of force field keeping the pass rush at bay, and, thus, beyond the scope of his worries.

He looked like that throughout the night, whether he was taking a huge shot in the midsection from a blitzing Anthony Barr while putting the ball right on Jeffery for a first down, or rolling to his right and spinning a beautiful ball over perfect man coverage into Nelson Agholor’s hands for a 42-yard completion that only added to the party that already erupted in the stands.

“In sports, everything is a process,” Foles said, “Everything you do in life is a process that you work at it, and you can’t give up. When you have a bad outing, everyone wants to be very critical and I get that it’s part of the media’s [responsibilities]. I totally understand. But as players, the special thing is that no one in the locker room doubted me. Everyone just kept believing. We kept working and we kept getting more reps in practice. It’s just a rhythm thing. You just have to keep working.”

Pederson, a former back-up himself, knows what it’s like to get stuck with a label, to harbor an unrequited belief in oneself. So as he wrapped his arms around Foles amidst the deafening din, he leaned in towards his earhole and spoke the kinds of words that can redeem a career.

“I just told him how proud I am of him,” Pederson said, “and I loved him.”
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... 80121.html
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

"Lost Soul is largely correct"- VinnyD

sodelicious
Stew Ingredient

Post by sodelicious » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Where does he go next year? Does he stay in Philly backing up Carson Wentz, or does he go somewhere to start, Cleveland, Denver maybe?
Everyone is a victim to a social worker.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:44 pm

It's a credit to a great coaching by Pederson and Wentz ( he was standing next to Foles), and a smart executive to pick up a solid back up QB. Of course it was a credit to Foles who looked flat last week

Agent009
Fuck the Eagles!.... As philly has the most disgusting fans in NA sport...
They make 'most' soccer hoooligans loook like saints.
weirdd when looking back at the hockey riots in Vancouver, basketball riots in LA and the incident wirth Liverpool fans in Belgium.
DCComic "3000 dead Americans is slightly less than fuck all",

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:06 am

sodelicious wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:42 pm
Where does he go next year? Does he stay in Philly backing up Carson Wentz, or does he go somewhere to start, Cleveland, Denver maybe?
Hopefully Denver. Leaveland is where QBs go to die. At least Johnny Manzier made it to Canada.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:29 am

Foles has a 2 year contract, so it would have to be a trade. He'll command a nice price.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:33 am

Yup. Arizona needs a QB as well, not to give Agent the vapors or anything.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:16 am

I'd like to see Cousins go to Jacksonville and Alex Smith get traded to Cleveland (I feel like he could help them finally turn the corner).
This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:17 am

Foles was shit hot in that game.

Nines
Regular Guy

Post by Nines » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:44 am

But can he beat the hated New England Patriots?

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:06 am

The Eagles/Vikings game just started on the NFL channel.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:24 pm

I rewatched a bit of it. Foles was on fire. I'm more worried about the Eagles' running game.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:26 pm

LaGarrett Blount would love nothing better than to steamroll a few of his former Patsy teammates.

And Ajayi is looking OK both running and passing since the idiot Fins traded him.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Post by Lost Soul » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:26 pm
LaGarrett Blount would love nothing better than to steamroll a few of his former Patsy teammates.

And Ajayi is looking OK both running and passing since the idiot Fins traded him.
yes, both good running options. Blount's role reminds me of Dorsey Levens role on the 2004 Eagles

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:41 pm

Both those guys are marginal runners. Vajayjay especially. He's the definition of inconsistent. Blount is a punk and always has been.

Doesn't really matter. With two weeks of prep time, this won't even be as much of a game as the Pats vs. Jags.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.
Seamus wrote:I flounced from certain aspects of the Stew.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:18 am

Annotated wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:57 pm
Agent009 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:21 pm
Fuck the Eagles!.... As philly has the most disgusting fans in NA sport...
Yeah, but it's the Patriots.
Ya know, i decided a few years ago to quit h8ing on brady, and the pats in general.
Brady is the best QB of all time, and we are lucky enough to get to see him play. I hope he keeeps smashing all the records so nobody else can beat em.

That said, i do wonder what philip rivers, aaron rodgers, or even drew brees might of been able to do in belichiks system.

Whatevah about that, fuck philly fans. Fuck em..... Ill say it again, fuck em. I hope none of their teams ever win jack shit, evah.
Philly fans didnt have One wild and crazy night after a win that built thier reputation as the most violent fans in NA sport, no.....
They routinely beat the shit out of oppposing fans, have for decades.
NFL, NHL..... Shit i bet someone got their face caved at a philllies game last season.
They had a jail and a court in the basement of the Vet.....
Court. Judge. Jail. In. The. Stadium. Nough said.
Is there any other team on the planet that had to had to hold court on premises to deal with violent fans?

The best part of the clip is how vikings fans said the police recommended they leave the linc early to avoid violence....
Only real shocking part is that the vikings fans didnt expect it.

Im sure it will all be on display again in a few weeeks.
Choose my bluest tape and unlock my car
An honest tune with a lingering lead has taken me this far

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:29 am

Awesome.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:57 am

Stephen, wanna know whats really awesome about phillly fans....
Their city sports icon hero is a movie character.

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:14 am

You'd have thought it would be Joe Frazier.

I enjoyed the film about Chuck Wepner, the 'real' Rocky

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:00 am

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Ya know, i decided a few years ago to quit h8ing on brady, and the pats in general.
Brady is the best QB of all time, and we are lucky enough to get to see him play. I hope he keeeps smashing all the records so nobody else can beat em.

That said, i do wonder what philip rivers, aaron rodgers, or even drew brees might of been able to do in belichiks system.
Put Brady in Indy and he wouldn't have done nearly as much as Manning. He's a great QB, but look what Matt Cassel (LOL!) and Jimmy G did when Brady was hurt/banned for being a scumbag cheater.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:00 pm

^ Brady might no have the best skill set, cassel might be able to put it in the trashcan from 60 yards every time, but brady is Clutch. When the game is on the line, he makes the play.
Thats what makes a great player.

Nobody can deny bradys dedication to the game. FFS, check out what he eats, thats Psycho Level 5 Dedication.

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:21 pm

Put him in Green Bay for the past 10 seasons, with a shitty line and mediocre defense. He'd be no Aaron Rodgers. Hell, if he was in Seattle the past few seasons he'd be dead.

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:29 pm

Haters gonna hate.
Korky wrote:i remember being on Samothraki island is 2003 and apologizing for being an American under Bush II.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:50 pm

I wonder if the rips and gra55 stains on bradys jeans are au natural, or if he (likely his wifey) paid an extra $3000 for the designer exclusive 'distre55ed' loook?.....

Its not bradys fault his team invests in players that protect him.
Just think if the patriots invested in a playmaking wide receiver to go with brady all these years.
Would he of pa55ed for more yardage per year?
Would he be out of the game after taking all the hits waiting for the downfield play?

The seachickens have slaked on investing in protecting wilson, cause he can run.
The main reason kurt warner got where he did was becuase he would stand there and get Pounded, he never had protection, those were the teams he was delt.

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:33 pm

The thing with Brady is that he completely crumbles when he gets consistent pressure. I mean he straight up sucks.

That's how the Dolphins beat him this year. And that how they beat him whenever they've beaten him.

The formula is simple. But of course it's not always that easy.

Still, if I were an opposing team, I would risk getting burned in exchange for constant pressure on Brady.

Nines
Regular Guy

Post by Nines » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:36 pm

Interesting tidbit: Jimmy Garoppolo will make more money (net) than Tom Brady for this year's Super Bowl.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/25/super ... d-patriots

Moethebartender
Stew Ingredient

Post by Moethebartender » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:02 am

Thankfully, Tommy can rely on Giselle's earning power to cover the difference.

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Annotated wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:33 pm
Still, if I were an opposing team, I would risk getting burned in exchange for constant pressure on Brady.
Brady scrambling under constant pre55er is fun to watch, he does totally l005e it.
Thing is, its only really been done like 7 times.
Can the pigeons pull it orf?....

sodelicious
Stew Ingredient

Post by sodelicious » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:06 pm

My sportsbook opened the SB line @ Philly +5.5, in a week the line has moved down a point and is now Philly +4.5. Seems all the money has been going on the Eagles.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:52 pm

The word from Vegas is that that move in the spread was due to one man betting millions on the Eagles at the MGM.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Agent009
Stew Ingredient

Post by Agent009 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:25 pm

Oh no!!!!
Nightmare For Patriots Fans: Tom Brady Messed Up His TB12 Diet By Eating A Carrot On Radish Day And Ballooned To 500 Pounds

If you were rooting for the Patriots to win Super Bowl LII, get ready for some devastating news. Tom Brady broke his strict TB12 diet by eating a carrot on the day he was supposed to eat only radishes, and as a result he’s ballooned up to 500 pounds.

This is absolutely heartbreaking news for Patriots fans everywhere. It’s hard to imagine Tom Brady’s going to be able to put in a great performance at the Super Bowl when he’s currently too heavy to leave his house.

Normally, the TB12 dietary system keeps Brady in peak physical condition with a carefully calibrated nutritional regimen. Unfortunately, the Patriots superstar QB decided to celebrate the Pats’ AFC Championship victory over the Jaguars by cheating a little and nibbling a bite of raw carrot on a day that was supposed to be dedicated to eating nothing but radishes. That small portion of carrot completely threw off the TB12 diet’s precise balance of vitamins and minerals, and Brady instantly gained hundreds of pounds of pure body fat.

http://www.clickhole.com/article/nightm ... 12--7269#1

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:37 am
So, Zzzzz Foles vs. Tom Brady in the Super Bowl? Awesome.
From the wayback machine on December 17th.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:42 pm

Lost Soul wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:46 pm
This is going to be Zzzzz's breakout year.
From August 26th.

And Alex Smith is gone, sode.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:34 pm

I'd like to see Cousins in Jacksonville or Minnesota.

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:46 pm

Minnesota needs a QB. Cousins would be their answer

sodelicious
Stew Ingredient

Post by sodelicious » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:59 am

Polar, does Philly go all Vancouver if they lose tomorrow?

polardude1
Stew Ingredient

Post by polardude1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:47 am

sodelicious » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:59 am
Polar, does Philly go all Vancouver if they lose tomorrow?
I don't recall any sports riot in Philly. There were sone arrests u 2008 during the Phillies celebration. It turns out that those who were arrested were college students from out of town. After the 2004 SB loss, it was juts quiet resignation

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 pm

It's going to be a bit nippy in Minneapolis today. A veritable Winnipeg heat wave. Too bad they don't still play outdoors.

IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:47 pm

G*d has a plan for St. Zzzzz. (He is from Texas after all).
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (AP) - Zzzzz Foles has a calling far greater than throwing touchdown passes.

If Foles leads the Philadelphia Eagles to a Super Bowl victory over the New England Patriots, he'll become a folk hero in a city that has desperately waited for a championship since 1960.

But that won't define Foles in the big picture. He has more important plans for his future.

"I want to be a pastor in a high school," Foles said Thursday. "It's on my heart. I took a leap of faith last year and signed up to take classes at seminary. I wanted to continue to learn and challenge my faith. It's a challenge because you are writing papers that are biblically correct. You want to impact people's hearts."

Foles is part of a team that has a strong Christian brotherhood. MVP contender Carson Wentz has been outspoken about his faith and many players spend a lot of time together in prayer, studying the Bible and sharing devotionals.

Foles was one of the study leaders during his first stint in Philadelphia and has become a go-to source for younger guys. Left guard Stefen Wisniewksi also plans to become a pastor after his career ends.

"Guys like Zzzzz and Wis can spit out scripture all day and it's awesome to take in that knowledge," said special teams ace Kamu Grugier-Hill.

Foles is passionate about helping students find their way and plans to use his experiences to inspire and encourage them.
http://www.fox29.com/news/local-news/ni ... all-career
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

sodelicious
Stew Ingredient

Post by sodelicious » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Great, another effing bible thumper.

Lost Soul
Stew Ingredient

Post by Lost Soul » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:17 pm

He was preaching in the interview after he smited the Vikings. I thought it was odd until I read that.
IMPRISON BUSH!

INDICT HILLARY!

Annotated
Stew Ingredient

Post by Annotated » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:21 pm

Perhaps he really is St. Zzzzz.

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:47 pm

Maybe it's from all the concussions.

Usher73
Stew Ingredient

Post by Usher73 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:19 pm

I'll be watching at a friend's in Phoenix.

His 10 year old boy says the Patriots will win, 35-21.

Stephen_Dedalus
Stew Ingredient

Post by Stephen_Dedalus » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:59 pm

What a fucking catch!

Nines
Regular Guy

Post by Nines » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:43 am

Usher73 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:19 pm
His 10 year old boy says the Patriots will win, 35-21.
I have a 5 dollar bet with my 10 year old grandson. He's a New England Patriot fan and was talking big so I bet him. I took the Eagles and 4.5 points.

Citizen Baba
Mayor McCheese

Post by Citizen Baba » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:05 am

This is a good test match. Lots of wickets.

section8
the Secret Sauce

Post by section8 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:05 am

Strip sack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!